• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamc723

So I just did my first Sparrow race and I'm beyond confused. I hit all but one boost gate and never died and I didn't even finish the race. I was that far behind. I'm guessing primarily because I couldn't figure out how to use my boost. Any tips for someone missing the obvious here?

You weren't holding L2?

Hello everyone!

Super excited to have my account approved!

Been playing a lot of Fallout 4 and Destiny. Looking forward to playing with everyone here!

What does everyone think of sparrow racing? I've only done a few races so I can't really form a final judgment yet.

So is that EV-43 the Skull Mask of this event basically?

Kaiken

Banned
Glad I held on to my engrams. Didn't even know what the hell this was at first.

CVvmpbeUsAAtFJD.jpg:large

shingi70

Banned
Man Sparrow racing is fast, having played two races i'm sad that it's limited, but joining IB as a recurring event should be fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hello everyone!

Been playing a lot of Fallout 4 and Destiny. Looking forward to playing with everyone here!

What does everyone think of sparrow racing? I've only done a few races so I can't really form a final judgment yet.

Welcome to DGAF

GhaleonEB

Hello everyone!

After a few games: a welcome addition to Destiny. The presentation quality is superb, the tracks are well designed and with surprising nuance, and the racing overall quite fun. The loot drops seem generous and since everyone gets stuff for each race, rewarding. There's some pretty stylish gear. But with two tracks and one game mode, it will wear thin pretty fast. My hope is they consider this successful, and bring it back into the mix as an event periodically with a couple more tracks and perhaps some new elements in the mix. (Add power ups! boosts, jumps, stasis mines you drop behind you, etc.).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After three races, one shader, one bond, and two legendaries helmets, I'm already sick of racing. Will only do it to land three shaders I need. The pink one is too saturated, needs to be a lighter shade. Looks awful especially on titans.

Ji66a-Man

So I just did my first Sparrow race and I'm beyond confused. I hit all but one boost gate and never died and I didn't even finish the race. I was that far behind. I'm guessing primarily because I couldn't figure out how to use my boost. Any tips for someone missing the obvious here?
1) Are you on X1?
2) Are you using the Elite controller?
3) Are your hair trigger switches on?
If they're on, turn them off or reconfigure your trigger dead zones.

loki 16

I was in the middle of a race and got kick to orbit because It said I was inactive. Has this happened to any of you guys?

After a few games: a welcome addition to Destiny. The presentation quality is superb, the tracks are well designed and with surprising nuance, and the racing overall quite fun. The loot drops seem generous and since everyone gets stuff for each race, rewarding. There's some pretty stylish gear. But with two tracks and one game mode, it will wear thin pretty fast. My hope is they consider this successful, and bring it back into the mix as an event periodically with a couple more tracks and perhaps some new elements in the mix. (Add power ups! boosts, jumps, stasis mines you drop behind you, etc.).

Yeah only 2 tracks has me worried about it being too little for even this 3 week period.

El-Suave

What's the deal with the Sparrow Racing record book that's available to buy for real world money? I guess that isn't available otherwise and the loot you get from it isn't either or really rare?

Mindlog

Secret best new feature: A Timer on Fear's Embrace. YES!
First completion took ~7.5 minutes. We can do better.

Everyone designing Destiny 2 needs to play Fear's Embrace. Best mission.

ori0n378e

Just decrypted a class armor and got nadda. Are these bugged like the boots last patch?

Edit: Oops, it decrypted into an artifact and went straight to Postmaster...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Secret best new feature: A Timer on Fear's Embrace. YES!
First completion took ~7.5 minutes. We can do better.

Everyone designing Destiny 2 needs to play Fear's Embrace. Best mission.

I want a timer on the titan bubble :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom