• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

NeOak

Macello and Icon got DDOS'ed by some cheating fucking scumbags.

I lost 5-4 when I had the final guy down to a sliver and my TLW jammed. Rage quit super fucking hard. I hate this game so much sometimes. Sorry Icon and Macello, we had a flawless card at the time. Some other day, the salt is too strong right now.

Holy fuck

Those guys must suck at life to need to cheat like that to win in a game. Like, for real.

Macello and Icon got DDOS'ed by some cheating fucking scumbags.

I lost 5-4 when I had the final guy down to a sliver and my TLW jammed. Rage quit super fucking hard. I hate this game so much sometimes. Sorry Icon and Macello, we had a flawless card at the time. Some other day, the salt is too strong right now.

Holy shit. That is sad that you have to cheat on Destiny. Sorry Drizzay, people are assholes. :/

NeOak

This is why CBMM would be best for ToO, I understand where Bungie is going with SB but man, getting 9-0 is way too strenuous. Resorting to cheating doesn't help at all... :S Which is encouraged with this set up.

The problem is that it is up to a point. CBMM is based on the fireteam leader, and using the Netduma for ToO has always yielded the same result: The enemy fireteam can have 2 guys close to you, or even just 1, and the others can be as far away as Australia or New Zealand.

Like it happened to Drizz, Igor and I: Fireteam leader was in US, one guy in Canada and the other in Australia.

Final Boss was 2 guys in the US, 1 guy in Peru: Lagswitching. 900ms.

You can see it when I stream showing the Netduma UI. We mainly got people in the US, but once you hit that 6-0 you can get fucked. Nami and Todd were with me that time.

For example: Iron Banner is CBMM: In this video, you can see that since I'm in Texas, the game tries to match me with people based on my location, and that includes laggy Mexicans. http://www.twitch.tv/neoak/v/51230692?t=14m02s

They are probably 12-15 year olds. Saw many kids like that in muh Halo 3 days.

I remember the fucking standbyers in Halo 2. That was ridiculous.

ch4fx_

1. ch4fx_
2. Light_Knight_Sky
3. Light_Knight_Sky friend
4. Pandora012
5. churmom
6. Robdraggoo

Is everyone ok with starting in 1 hour? 9 EST

sorry for all the back & forth, just want to get everyone on the same page

FyreWulff

I remember the fucking standbyers in Halo 2. That was ridiculous.

"Yay, we finally got 1 Flag! They're near our base, go ge-"

blue-screen.jpg

For real? You guys got DDOS'd? Thats fucked up

Might try one more run if Wiped wants to give it a go later, but I need to eat dinner and chill for awhile. I'm guessing you'll probably need to crash out before then but we'll see what happens. Gotta get him that grimoire hype :p

Such nice DDoS bros.

Holy fuck

Those guys must suck at life to need to cheat like that to win in a game. Like, for real.

This is why CBMM would be best for ToO, I understand where Bungie is going with SB but man, getting 9-0 is way too strenuous. Resorting to cheating doesn't help at all... :S Which is encouraged with this set up.

Holy shit. That is sad that you have to cheat on Destiny. Sorry Drizzay, people are assholes. :/

Agree with everything you guys are saying. Thanks for the nice responses :)

For real? You guys got DDOS'd? Thats fucked up
There's no way that two different people would get kicked to dashboard without some kind of shenanigans.

Went to Mercuy with Ape. Finally, thank you. Been trying to go with icon since TTK came out. Both times he's been to Mercury has been with Ape.

FyreWulff

Oh god.

2v2 was Standby land.

Fun boring fact:

Halo 2 is the reason I prefered automatic guns in every Halo afterwards. The reason was that when a cheating host hits standby, your SMG kept firing on their box, so you could actually kill them if they were coming at you (and this actually succeeeded a few times). In any case of latency, the host always assumes you want to continuing to fire your automatic gun until your client tells them that you want to stop firing, so you'll always get more bullets off than if you have to specifically fire for each bullet.

tl;dr I used the SMG and later the AR because networking bullets.

One time we as a team on Containment killed a standbying bomb armer by just firing at the arm point as they came in the base with our SMGs. We came back to the game with them dead and the bomb dropped on the arm point :lol

glad we don't have to metagame engine networking layers to win in Halo anymore.

NastyBook

That is fine, the more the merrier.

Your assistance is much appreciated, I will add you to the list & hope we can find a few more Guardians.

SUNDAY NIGHT NORMAL MODE RAID (time depending on availability)

1. ch4fx_
2. Light_Knight_Sky
3. Light_Knight_Sky friend
4. Pandora012
Still need help? PSN: GibbShift

Woops, refreshed the page after 20 minutes. My bad. :D

There's no way that two different people would get kicked to dashboard without some kind of shenanigans.

Went to Mercuy with Ape. Finally, thank you. Been trying to go with icon since TTK came out. Both times he's been to Mercury has been with Ape.

-_-

*cough* edit *cough cough*

:|

I tried Sword but half of them didn't even connect because swords hate airborne enemies.

Yeah that can be a problem. I think it helps if you are on the hill a little above her when you attack. You could probably use Spindle if you hit your crits but Raze is definitely the easiest way to go if you can get it to cooperate. If you've ever seen TripleWreck farm GoM, that's how they do it.

WipedOut

Congrats! That Ape is a good Dude. We were so close.

Lnkn52

Might try one more run if Wiped wants to give it a go later, but I need to eat dinner and chill for awhile. I'm guessing you'll probably need to crash out before then but we'll see what happens. Gotta get him that grimoire hype :p

Agree with everything you guys are saying. Thanks for the nice responses :)

Go back to Spelunky breh. :p

Kyoufu

Yeah that can be a problem. I think it helps if you are on the hill a little above her when you attack. You could probably use Spindle if you hit your crits but Raze is definitely the easiest way to go if you can get it to cooperate. If you've ever seen TripleWreck farm GoM, that's how they do it.

Wait, are you talking about the final room or the bit before that?

WipedOut

The bit before it, when she first appears. That's where people kill her to farm GoM. Then just let the adds kill you, wipe and repeat.

...ok.

B7S0-0Pw_400x400.png

Did someone say my name? lol

Hey Drizz, I'm up to giving it another go, eating dinner myself so shoot me a message when you jump back on.

Drizz if we start at 9pm your time i can manage a card to try to redeem wiped. Only if no one else is around though, im ashamed of that choke. Im guessing you need more time to cool out though.

WipedOut

Drizz if we start at 9pm your time i can manage a card to try to redeem wiped. Only if no one else is around though, im ashamed of that choke. Im guessing you need more time to cool out though.

Dude.... that wasn't on you, I just need to learn to play a little safer and when to push forward. I'm so used to clash style or 6v6 that I tend to sometimes be over aggresive.

Y'all ready Destiny's funeral tomorrow? Fun times.

Ned, you picking up Division on the bone?

Top Bottom