• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Progresses gear, though, which is what matters and why I still care about XP @ lvl29.
Yes. Speculation, but with 10 bounty slots (this part available to all) + additional bounties (assuming they provide XP and not just gear rewards), the weapon leveling rate should increase for owners of the DLC.

X-Frame

Do we know how exactly Crucible XP is awarded?

Is it based upon your end match score? If I get a 5,000 score is that my XP for the match?

And I assume whatever XP is generated gets applied to each armor piece and the class, but not to weapons -- where the XP per weapons is based on how much you use it?

CornDogg

Yeah I'd assume it's close to Old Russia.

Twilight Gap is on the "city perimeter" and it has similar architecture to some buildings in Old Russia too.

In that case, I suppose it would be more likely that the last city is in Russia (or a neighboring country). The mountains could be the Caucasus Mountains or the Altai Mountains.

ethomaz

Banned
Yesterday I got more Boots and Chets for my Warlock in Raid.

I already have all of them... inclusive I'm leveling one with different stats right now :p
I guess the Raid could give armor for others classes... so when I reach lvl 26 with my Titan I already have the gears.

A_Gorilla

Banned
So I still have an Atheon Hard checkpoint if people want to try it out with me. My team tried last night for almost an hour before one rage quit and my router crapped out on me. Not going to do it now, but in about 2.5 hours (1pm PST). If anyone is interested let me know.

PSN: El_Bombastico

Skooky

Neo Member
After getting all kinds of items in my first two raids, I got nothing this week. I would say I understand the pain, but level 30 in two runs is still pretty good.

Tovarisc

Good, this will save me a lot of time.

You could also farm Elites in Citadel area of the Venus. There is 3 to 5 Vex Elites always around with short spawn cycles.

After getting all kinds of items in my first two raids, I got nothing this week. I would say I understand the pain, but level 30 in two runs is still pretty good.

2 runs for level 30 is just "pretty good"? It's insane lucky good.

There is people who have cleared VoG every week since its release and aren't level 30.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess the Raid could give armor for others classes... so when I reach lvl 26 with my Titan I already have the gears.
I would prefer that it did as well. However, based on the number of "fucking bungie" reactions to getting engram drops for other classes, I imagine this would be a minority position you and I are holding.

Kaiken

Banned
Flawless run spoiled because that piece of shit Atheon did not teleport anyone.

NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE!

Wow! Fix this shit Goril... Bungie!
Atheon was bugged to hell yesterday playing hard and we couldn't finish. The night before without cheesing was swift.

Shito

2. Any tips on beating Nexus Nightfall? My friends and I can get to the boss (Sekrion?) without much trouble, but we got stomped, as none of us realized the Praetorian spawned if we stayed up there too long, even if the boss hadn't spawned. Two of us are 27, so that adds some challenge.
To add to what Hoodbury already answered: if you want you can also have one of you three chill back in the zone just before the Minotaur spawns (but not too close so as not to provoke his aggro). If the two others "inside" both die, they can quit and rejoin.
A bit of a hassle but still better than having to restart from scratch.

Sullichin

Do we know how exactly Crucible XP is awarded?

Is it based upon your end match score? If I get a 5,000 score is that my XP for the match?

And I assume whatever XP is generated gets applied to each armor piece and the class, but not to weapons -- where the XP per weapons is based on how much you use it?

If you play while under level 20 you see that you get ~60 points XP per kill if I recall. Sometimes there are modes with an XP bonus, but I'm not sure of the "normal" XP bonus at the end of a match.

XP goes to all of your equipped weapons and your armor.

You don't know what pain is. I've cleared the normal raid a bunch of times and the hard raid twice. Still not a single piece of raid armor.

I got the Mythoclast, Hezen Vengeance, and Atheon's Epilogue from the raid. That's it in terms of gear.

realcZk

You don't know what pain is. I've cleared the normal raid a bunch of times and the hard raid twice. Still not a single piece of raid armor.

I got the Mythoclast, Hezen Vengeance, and Atheon's Epilogue from the raid. That's it in terms of gear.

oh wow i didnt realize you never even got one piece yet? shieeeeet

So I still have an Atheon Hard checkpoint if people want to try it out with me. My team tried last night for almost an hour before one rage quit and my router crapped out on me. Not going to do it now, but in about 2.5 hours (1pm PST). If anyone is interested let me know.

PSN: El_Bombastico

Add me GODSFAVORITE

Hoodbury

If you play while under level 20 you see that you get ~60 points XP per kill if I recall. Sometimes there are modes with an XP bonus, but I'm not sure of the "normal" XP bonus at the end of a match.

XP goes to all of your equipped weapons and your armor.

I'm pretty sure like X said that it doesn't go to all of your weapons. Only the kill or assist xp that you get with a specific weapon get xp. I barely use my secondary in PvP and they don't seem to be leveling up at all.

patchday

Yesterday I got more Boots and Chets for my Warlock in Raid.

I already have all of them... inclusive I'm leveling one with different stats right now :p

Yeah the raid rewards is just plain silly. I know they want us to keep coming back. But they just need to implement raid tokens like most other online RPGs have that maintain happy audiences. Right now they just plain piss me off and many others. Lost many real life friends (basically all). Made new ones with gaf. But they could have kept many of my buddies if they weren't such total dicks

Like many others already suggested- a good design would be to grant raid tokens. You can still have RNG on top of that if it fits. But we also can use tokens so we know we will get something. In 'true' MMO you have DKP systems. So when something lands that you want you can use your points. But in this game DKP is not possible. So you can spend hours on a hard raid for nothing (well you do get materials but you know what I'm bitching about)

Still like this game because the crack needle is in my arm. They do a lot of basic gameplay right but they also got a lot of crap wrong

squadr0n

Anyone on PS4 need to finish the strike for the Thorn Exotic Bounty? The strike is almost impossible to do alone since you have to wait for the third wave of enmities to spawn during the boss fight lol. Pretty sure this is the hardest strike I've attempted. If there's anyone interested in attempting it today send me a freind request.

PSN: Squadon

I'll be on in a few so if anyone needs it or just wants to be a bro and help some of us let me know!

Jito

Banned
I don't know what to do, I wanna level up and get Vanguard marks while doing it but I'm so bored of doing the same Strikes over and over again. I'd play PVP but they don't give me Vanguard marks, what should I do GAF?

Sullichin

I'm pretty sure like X said that it doesn't go to all of your weapons. Only the kill or assist xp that you get with a specific weapon get xp. I barely use my secondary in PvP and they don't seem to be leveling up at all.

You get the XP for the weapon you use during the match, but if another weapon is equipped when the match is over, those get XP too. Doesn't seem like much though

Shito

I don't know what to do, I wanna level up and get Vanguard marks while doing it but I'm so bored of doing the same Strikes over and over again. I'd play PVP but they don't give me Vanguard marks, what should I do GAF?
Public events.
Quickest way to get vanguard marks. :)

EL CUCO

Xur this weekend. PLEASE.

Xur PLEASE!

lJKOG5Q.jpg

Ambitious

Is the content of an engram decided when you get it or when you decrypt it? If it's the latter, I could collect a bunch of them with my main and give them to my alt to decrypt.

Did you cry manly tears of joy? I know I will when finally get Gjallarhorn.

No tears since I know it's not the best of its class but I did finally smile at this game for once. I thought I would be playing Destiny long term but idk. . I'm financing a X1 for MCC and AC for my girl (no difference on X1 and PS4 so might as well get it on X1), the console itself will only cost me $111 after I sell some crap to GameStop and I will be playing CoD heavy once it drops next week. .

But if I get the Hawkmoon before that I might be on more to level that bad boy up.

ethomaz

Banned
Is the content of an engram decided when you get it or when you decrypt it? If it's the latter, I could collect a bunch of them with my main and give them to my alt to decrypt.
I guess when decrypted it because you can get the Engrams with your Warlock and make the Titan decrypt... it will give Titan armors (at least the blues I'm using) instead Warlock.

That for me is enough proof it is at decrypting.

Skooky

Neo Member
2 runs for level 30 is just "pretty good"? It's insane lucky good.

There is people who have cleared VoG every week since its release and aren't level 30.

Two runs. One character. Pretty good.

Lucis

Atheon got really stupid...

We have 3 30 and 2 29 and we used to send 3 30 in and it was a cake walk

Now the randomness is just stupid, plus the lag lately with PSN or destiny, some times we will die to oracle when there's literally no oracle left on our screen. Not to mention the gate bug is not fixed, not to mention a supplicant ALSO entered the gate and killed the inside team while they were looking up and attacking oracles...

Seriously wtf is bungie doing

after like 20 tries with half of them wiping to stupid things like gate or lag we got really tired of it. here's what I proposed we do.

go back to orbit
fill our rpg (everyone had either gjallahorn or hezen vegence except one guy had a maxed truth), everyone had full rpg before going in
everyone unload on boss pre first gate, got his life to between 1/3 and 1/2 (close to 1/3), consume heavy ammo synth again, luckily 2 30 and 1 29 went in and it was mars
I got the shield (i am 30) and i soloed the 3 hob gob, (1 hit slam) and no lag hit us this time, got out, everyone dropped fully round of rpg again on boss, boss had a sliver of health left
3 went in again, and the outside team killed boss before we killed oracle

I am not looking forward doing this with a pug on my alt this week

phen0m24

They both have sub accounts since the PS+ works for everyone. But I can have them work on leveling my Warlock (level 2 right now) and also let them drive one of my leveled characters if they promise not to shard anything. Maybe (big maybe) someday they could friend up on their own PSN ID's.

What's the Blue Snowball? The gold headphones? I can't let the kids use them... since they can't hear themselves their voices double in volume.

Ahh level the Warlock, eh? Awesome. See, child labor pays off. ;) hehe
(I told my son on Saturday he had to spirit-bloom farm for my Warlock too, so we could get the Suros)

The Blue Snowball is an external mic. http://www.bluemic.com/snowball/

I'm literally floored at the possibility of my 10 year old a) being social online and b) imagining him contributing in a raid or whatnot. And being able to sit there and watch him potentially make friends online - a beautiful thing.

sheds a parental video-gaming-related tear

hydruxo

Next week might finally be the week I give Destiny a break since CoD will be out. I'm already level 30 and leveling an alt isn't a priority right now.

Stop focusing only on Vanguard marks. Split your time between the various tasks (Patrol bounties, public events, daily heroic, and strikes). I've felt like the game rewards diversification instead of focusing on one aspect all the time.

Also, about the public events... use the event timer and go for the green ones. You should never have to wait for more than 6-7 minutes, and you can use that time to farm materials/chests in the area.

It rolls for the character decrypting, not who picks it up. I have been funneling a ton of blue engrams from my main hunter to my warlock alt to get it going on light levels once I hit lvl 20. I did have a legendary helm engram i picked up with my hunter roll as a titan helm with my warlock though. So there's that.

Nightfall haul:

Warlock: 5 Strange Coins o_o

Titan: Crypt Dweller SR1 Scout Rifle (At first I was like :/, then after using it I was like :D)

I've been using a Cryptic Dragon for the longest time and while I think it's a great gun but I got REALLY used to a Scout Rifle in the Beta that had a high rate of fire (like the SR1) and I just cannot shake that. Anyway, not a bad haul over all as I just found a new primary.

I also have a question for you guys and gals. Does anyone use the Monte Carlo a lot? I want to level mine up so I can use the upgrade "dealing damage reduced melee cooldown" but I'm wondering how much it really effects the cooldown. Anyone have any experience with it? It would be perfect for my titan with 100% Discipline and the armamentarium exotic chest (2 grenades.)

phen0m24

It rolls for the character decrypting, not who picks it up. I have been funneling a ton of blue engrams from my main hunter to my warlock alt to get it going on light levels once I hit lvl 20. I did have a legendary helm engram i picked up with my hunter roll as a titan helm with my warlock though. So there's that.

Didn't realize that. I think I'll leave blues and or/purples in the vault then for my son. He needs armor on his Hunter.

Thank you!!

MADGAME

Does anyone else have a huge disparity between the amount of shards/energies you receive? I overwhelmingly receive shards...I have 181 of them and 44 energies. Most of the energy I receive is from either dismantling the occasional legendary from leveling a faction, or dismantling duplicate raid weapons, and the energy gets spent quickly. It's bad enough to receive mostly ascendants when you raid, but it's so lopsided on receiving shards with nothing to spend them on. Even if I ever get the boots (yeah, right) I will still have enough to level up Raid gear from the next 2 expansion. Public events, dailies, and the Raid consistently give them to me.

Needs to be balanced between energy and shards.

Edit: Also, why do Plasteel Plating/Weapons Parts, etc allow you to hold over 1,000 of that same item in a single slot, but materials like Spirit Bloom, Spinmetal, etc. have a 200 item limit per slot? Because reasons?

Ambitious

I guess when decrypted it because you can get the Engrams with your Warlock and make the Titan decrypt... it will give Titan armors (at least the blues I'm using) instead Warlock.

That for me is enough proof it is at decrypting.

Perfect, thanks.

LordofPwn

Few questions:

Do we know how much Discipline/Strength/Intelligence is needed for 100% effectiveness at different levels?

What are good stat rolls for armor (legendary and exotic for 1 stat or 2)?

Where the dragons at?

What's up with the hunter area in the tower, and whats behind the gate over by the speaker?

Also yes to raid tokens. Maybe 5 tokens to buy 1 legendary item and 50-100 for exotic, you get 1 for each of the 4 loots on each difficulty, plus a chance to get them from chests in the raid. All of which is just in addition to their current system, and raid gear/weapons can be dismantled for these tokens (legendary nets 1, and exotic nets 10).

I also think they should raise the price of exotics that Xur sells.

ethomaz

Banned
Do you have the VoC fully upgraded with the Oracle damage bonus?
Yes.

I used Hard Light (it is yet faster than VoC to kill Oracle) in Normal and I could kill all of them alone but in Hard I can't... sometimes even in two guys the time is not enough to kill all.

Suros works well for me. Ice Breakers good too.
Suros is too slow... even Hard Light is killing slow in Hard.

Ice Breakers have enough ammo to 1 and a half Oracle... after that you need to change the weapon (3-4 shots to kill a Oracle... well it need one more damage upgrade for me 291 of 300 right now).

squadr0n

What the best/fastest weapon to kill Oracles?

I tried VoC yesterday and it is too slow.

Edit - Hard Raid.

I've been using the fire primary scout rifle that dropped from the raid. It has an option to increase damage on oracles or the harder minatars (forgot their name). It's usually takes down an oracle in 2-3 shots in normal and 4-5 on hard fully upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom