• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

I need to hold myself (or other guy) until the others two kill the Praetorian.... for Desert is fine but Jungle is not fine.

The Relic user alone can't deal with the Praetorian alone.

So I need a better weapon to hold myself the Oracle without need anybody else... that is my question.

VoC is not fine... it is too slow to kill Oracles... I want to facilitate the life of everybody when I get into the Portal ;)

This is so wrong it's not even funny.

VoC is the best weapon to kill the oracles. And oh of course the relic holder can take out the praetorian alone. That's his job with the relic. Jump and smash that fucker.

If you can't do it the only thing I have to say is get gud.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I need to hold myself (or other guy) until the others two kill the Praetorian.... for Desert is fine but Jungle is not fine.

So I need a better weapon to hold myself the Oracle without need anybody else... that is my question.

VoC is not fine... it is too slow to kill Oracles... I want to facilitate the life of everybody when I get into the Portal ;)

The other guy should just be firing some rockets at the praetorian at the start and then start killing oracles. He shouldn't need to spend more than 2 or 3 seconds helping with the mobs.

LordofPwn

Relic smashes Praetorian and adds, and 2nd person uses heavy. few seconds and done. a fourth person can even come into the portal to assist oracle kills.

blackflag

VOC too slow to kill Oracles? lol ok....

patchday

FUCKING MATERIALS YO. I can't stand this shit anymore! This is the worst fucking shit in the world. I feel like a chinese gold farmer running up to nodes holding square and fucking off to another node. REPEAT FOR 3 fucking hours on 3 different planets. Just so I can run around not level balanced to fucking oblivion after picking up some raid gear. I thought ass mats sucked but they're fine, atleast I get those for just playing the game. Regular mats though require me to be the equivalent of a population bot in an effort to make the overworld not seem like a giant fucking waste of time. I fucking hate all of you fuckers resetting my instance by running into my shit too, I had that farm set up perfectly. Fuck social gameplay I just want these fucking mats. You fuckers. I'd just say fuck it and play pvp too but I can't since I want to upgrade these spiffy fucking weapons but they require a metric fuckton of random mats. So not only do they gate the shit out of you with the ascendancy requirement but then they fucking piss on your pooping face and expect you to gather fucking 300 something helium fucking coils and 400 something fucking relic iron just to level up shit that I've already been levelling for 2 fucking weeks. Who the fuck plays destiny casually and achieves anyfucking thing? Could you let me in on your secrets? Because I've wasted a hardcore fucking amount of time and this shit is just painful to me.

Seriously the overworld is the most pointless deadspace you could fucking design. No amount of fucking go here and press square on this shit could liven tht fucking place up. The only people I see are other fuckers screaming FML while running from node to fucking node. That and the fuckers jamming the shit out of the boost button on their sparrows hoping they can fucking get to the spot where they can shoot shit and press square to complete their mission slightly fucking faster. I'm glad these people can't talk because I'm sure they're all fucking OCD incredibly depressed asshats like me. If voice chat was implemented I doubt I'd hear a fucking thing besides moaning and wails of fucking intense sorrow.

what sucks is I actually enjoy exploring the world. But they require so many mats the fun gets sucked out. Because the most efficient way to gather the mats is to camp the chests I've noticed. Like in Mars, my route just consists of running chest to chest.

Now Crucible is fun and really doesnt require any of that crap. If only I'd just stay in Crucible I'd enjoy this game a ton more. Because the PvE is truly boring too me (except the raid which is fun). And that's where the grind sets in- gearing up for hard mode

ethomaz

Banned
About the VoC and Oracle... I get what you guys are saying.

I just want to know if there is a faster weapon for Oracles than VoC... that was my question... I will try the Raid Snipe Rifle later.

What's the new Atheon cheese?
I said try ;) nobody knows if have any cheese.

Repost for new page:

I have a question for you guys and gals. Does anyone use the Monte Carlo a lot? I want to level mine up so I can use the upgrade "dealing damage reduced melee cooldown" but I'm wondering how much it really effects the cooldown. Anyone have any experience with it? It would be perfect for my titan with 100% Discipline and the armamentarium exotic chest (2 grenades.)

FUCKING MATERIALS YO. I can't stand this shit anymore! This is the worst fucking shit in the world. I feel like a chinese gold farmer running up to nodes holding square and fucking off to another node. REPEAT FOR 3 fucking hours on 3 different planets. Just so I can run around not level balanced to fucking oblivion after picking up some raid gear. I thought ass mats sucked but they're fine, atleast I get those for just playing the game. Regular mats though require me to be the equivalent of a population bot in an effort to make the overworld not seem like a giant fucking waste of time. I fucking hate all of you fuckers resetting my instance by running into my shit too, I had that farm set up perfectly. Fuck social gameplay I just want these fucking mats. You fuckers. I'd just say fuck it and play pvp too but I can't since I want to upgrade these spiffy fucking weapons but they require a metric fuckton of random mats. So not only do they gate the shit out of you with the ascendancy requirement but then they fucking piss on your pooping face and expect you to gather fucking 300 something helium fucking coils and 400 something fucking relic iron just to level up shit that I've already been levelling for 2 fucking weeks. Who the fuck plays destiny casually and achieves anyfucking thing? Could you let me in on your secrets? Because I've wasted a hardcore fucking amount of time and this shit is just painful to me.

Seriously the overworld is the most pointless deadspace you could fucking design. No amount of fucking go here and press square on this shit could liven tht fucking place up. The only people I see are other fuckers screaming FML while running from node to fucking node. That and the fuckers jamming the shit out of the boost button on their sparrows hoping they can fucking get to the spot where they can shoot shit and press square to complete their mission slightly fucking faster. I'm glad these people can't talk because I'm sure they're all fucking OCD incredibly depressed asshats like me. If voice chat was implemented I doubt I'd hear a fucking thing besides moaning and wails of fucking intense sorrow.

Hah, this is really accurate. They really need to start giving out materials for patrol missions or something. Running around in a circle and holding square is pretty fucking tedious.

commish

This is so wrong it's not even funny.

VoC is the best weapon to kill the oracles. And oh of course the relic holder can take out the praetorian alone. That's his job with the relic. Jump and smash that fucker.

If you can't do it the only thing I have to say is get gud.

It's totally unnecessary to leave the relic holder to kill all the mobs by himself. The oracles aren't that hard to kill so taking 2 or 3 seconds to help with the mobs is better than over-killing the first few oracles.

Just my experience, but:

Three run into the portal
Relic holder focuses on adds
One focuses on adds initially but also keeps an eye on Oracles
One focuses solely on Oracles, but help is NEEDED for last few Oracles

I am usually the Oracle guy. Once adds spawn, I toss a few grenades at them to help my team, then I use Ice Breaker until ammo is out on Oracles. Switch to Heavy MG, then switch back to Ice Breaker if needed.

Pretty easy, honestly.

Fixed1979

what sucks is I actually enjoy exploring the world. But they require so many mats the fun gets sucked out. Because the most efficient way to gather the mats is to camp the chests I've noticed. Like in Mars, my route just consists of running chest to chest.

Now Crucible is fun and really doesnt require any of that crap. If only I'd just stay in Crucible I'd enjoy this game a ton more. Because the PvE is truly boring too me (except the raid which is fun). And that's where the grind sets in- gearing up for hard mode

I really really wish there was another way to get mats, either drops, or bounties or something. I don't mind doing a chest run every once and awhile, (I actually had fun doing it yesterday with a couple other GAFers) but when I have 2-3 upgrades pending and a couple different planets to get mats it really sucks the fun out of my playtime.

realcZk

I really really wish there was another way to get mats, either drops, or bounties or something. I don't mind doing a chest run every once and awhile, (I actually had fun doing it yesterday with a couple other GAFers) but when I have 2-3 upgrades pending and a couple different planets to get mats it really sucks the fun out of my playtime.

yeah for sure. completing activities should just give 1-5 mats or so for whatever planet the activity was on. that would really solve most of the problem.

SkylineRKR

It's totally unnecessary to leave the relic holder to kill all the mobs by himself. The oracles aren't that hard to kill so taking 2 or 3 seconds to help with the mobs is better than over-killing the first few oracles.

I usually order my guys to chuck their nades into the mid, and then focus on Oracles. This will ensure I won't be aggro'd right away. But if there is a Hunter, he can take out the first 3 or 4 with a Golden Gun alone.

EDIT: For Hard, this would work for the first 2 Oracles.

ethomaz

Banned
Just my experience, but:

I am usually the Oracle guy. Once adds spawn, I toss a few grenades at them to help my team, then I use Ice Breaker until ammo is out on Oracles. Switch to Heavy MG, then switch back to Ice Breaker if needed.

Pretty easy, honestly.
That is the general strategy everybody uses I guess.

Tawpgun

Just my experience, but:

Pretty easy, honestly.

Can't really designate roles now that teleports are random. Need a lot more communication.

imo its whoever gets teleported just hold x. Whoeever picks up relic is relic guy job. The other two communicate who has oracles and who is gonna do both adds and oracles.

Or you could just ignore the raid like I do and stay in Crucible. I've done the raid twice and don't really plan on doing it again -- it was fun but I'm not going to keep doing it.

I do want to get to level 30 but hopefully when Iron Banner comes around the next time it'll have some level 30 gear and I can get it that way because I enjoy PvP more than anything else in the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just my experience, but:

Pretty easy, honestly.
Normal mode only so far, but yeah this is it. I pop Golden Gun right away and put two shots on the Minotaur (I'm pretty sure it's legit not a Praetorian) and plant the third shot on whatever Oracle is current (usually the second, sometimes the third).

Hawkmoon is stellar at taking down oracles, but by this point I've switched exotics to Gjallar; The Devil You Know is adequate for the task in normal as well.

every time i hit an enemy with gjallarhorn after those wolf pack rounds...

i3xntHX.gif

realcZk

which is a more useful perk, Firefly or Explosive rounds

Firefly in PvE, explosive rounds in PvP

Problem with explosive rounds in PvE is that they take away from your initial shots damage to provide that same amount in an AoE explosion. For most mobs this is alright but for higher level content you'll want your precision shots to crit for the full amount and not waste the rest on explosion. Hobgoblins are a good example of this. You'd rather one shot them with the crit than have a weaker shot and an explosion afterwards (when they are immune).

Explosive rounds in PvP are fun because they shake the screen of whoever you hit with them, making it harder for your enemies to aim under fire.

LordofPwn

yeah for sure. completing activities should just give 1-5 mats or so for whatever planet the activity was on. that would really solve most of the problem.

Remember in the beta when you used to get 10-12 mats for killing a VIP target, hell if you did enough of the VIP ones you could get 20+ at a time...

Good times.

patchday

Or you could just ignore the raid like I do and stay in Crucible. I've done the raid twice and don't really plan on doing it again -- it was fun but I'm not going to keep doing it.

I do want to get to level 30 but hopefully when Iron Banner comes around the next time it'll have some level 30 gear and I can get it that way because I enjoy PvP more than anything else in the game.

Yeah but in Iron Banner they going to increase the disparity between players according to the blog. That means a maxed SUROS is probably going to fucking hurt a metric megaton.

Plus there's this tiny loot whore in me that comes out hard during the raid. Thank you Bungie didn't realize I'd fall for shiny loots so easily. Been avoiding raids and such for many years (since Vanilla WoW)

But the raid really is fun. If only I didnt have to go grind those chests like a Chinese farmer like that other guy alluded to.

Bah, hate to complain because I am sure I will keep playing this game probably. Yeah I'm gonna buy CoW: AW and such but I'm sure Destiny will suck me back in. Crucible is actually fun. Too bad if you want to advance you will have to get your hands dirty with raids, material grinding, etc

the more i play this game and the more i read about it, the more i wish bungie didn't make it.

perhaps that's kinda unfair to say, but i just feel like they're hopelessly inept when it comes to understanding what they made and how to make it better.

-they're clueless about the loot system
-clueless about writing a story
-clueless about map design
-clueless about sandbox/class balance
-clueless about social features
-clueless about netcoding
-clueless about patches
-clueless about weekly updates

the two things they've gotten right - arguably more than most games - are the art direction and the soundtrack. am sure there are developers that could do everything else better though, including halo-era bungie. it doesn't help either that they're with money money money activision

Bossun

Man end game sucks really hard in this game.
The only "interesting" (not even that much) content are the raid and nightfall because they offer some challenge but you're stuck doing them only once a week.

Then you have 6 fucking days and a half to do shitty boring bounties and strikes that are so easy you could actually do them with your eyes closed. And anyway you've already did them a thousand fucking times.
But you get glimmers and rep marks which are totally useless, and I mean totally.

Finally all you have to do is collect mats in the most boring way possible and you realise that the loot in this game is so fucking thin and few that once you have played 1 week to get your rep equipment the only better equipment is the raid.

BUT THEN you get bitchslap because in the fucking endgame content of this game the only thing they could find to give as a reward are fucking ass mats!! It's the fucking endgame, come on, put something interesting.
Create some fucking equipment or whatever. I don't care about having all the weapons of the game and debating if the 301 damage scout rifle is better than the 299 damage pulse rifle because truthfully it's not a game changer.

Sullichin

Great post. I'm so sick of farming for materials as well. I really want them to come up with an alternative, more interesting ways.

PuMa

Just my experience, but:

Pretty easy, honestly.

I've had success with this same process...works great.

SkylineRKR

Bungie is going to increase the bounty slots to 10. So perhaps they will also address the mats farming issue
someday

Maybe not

LiK

the more i play this game and the more i read about it, the more i wish bungie didn't make it.

perhaps that's kinda unfair to say, but i just feel like they're hopelessly inept when it comes to understanding what they made and how to make it better.

-clueless about patches

the two things they've gotten right - arguably more than most games - are the art direction and the soundtrack. am sure there are developers that could do everything else better though, including halo-era bungie.

Shooting is fun too when they're not nerfing shit cuz some people cry about something.

But I agree with the rest.

Hoodbury

Yep, and I've mentioned this in about every OT now, but add mats in the reward rotation for the crucible as well.

If I play the map on Venus give me a chance at some spirit bloom, Firebase Delphi give me some relic iron, etc.

I'd rather be getting mats as my random rewards than all the blue items I've gotten.

Deku Tree

Normal mode RAID is like easy mode now.

BTW, what are the chances that Xur will bring an Exotic Titan Helm this weekend? Still trying to decide if I should buy a legendary Titan Helm... Guess I can wait until Friday...

hydruxo

You need a new relic holder if they can't take out the adds themselves, just sayin. You can throw a grenade at the praetorian before that first oracle spawns to help out but you shouldn't be shooting the adds at all. That's a waste of precious time.

PuMa

BTW, hat are the chances that Xur will bring an Exotic Titan Helm this weekend? Still trying to decide if I should buy a legendary Titan Helm... Guess I can wait until Saturday...

PLEASE. Anything but the same chest piece again. Last weekend was a bummer.

Haaaa I forgot guys... I have the Hard Atheon checkpoint if anybody wants to try new cheeses lol

There's a new cheese? lol

Yo I'm on break. Are we still raiding tonight?

I'm guessing from your avatar that you're a fan of Praxic Fire. I got it last night doing nightfall :)

No, the #1 thing they got right is the gameplay itself, and that's why I keep playing. Everything else can be fixed with time, but the core gameplay is fantastic.

Yup same here. What keeps me playing at this point is weapons. Exotics/raid weapons are interesting enough to keep me playing. If the gameplay wasn't so good most of us would have stopped playing a long time ago

commish

-clueless about patches

the two things they've gotten right - arguably more than most games - are the art direction and the soundtrack. am sure there are developers that could do everything else better though, including halo-era bungie. it doesn't help either that they're with money money money activision

No, the #1 thing they got right is the gameplay itself, and that's why I keep playing. Everything else can be fixed with time, but the core gameplay is fantastic.

if gameplay extends to stuff like bullet sponge enemies, clunky vehicles, ridiculous auto aim and bullet magnetism, jumping inaccuracies, weapon and class balance, and hit detection delay, then i'd disagree. the "shootbang" is polished but the philosophies behind the rest consistently contradict one another.

blackjaw

The question is will people stick around or come back later or just find a new "crack" to play?

LordofPwn

haha what? that was in there? I never noticed. that's great! wonder why they removed it

yep, probably took it out because it made getting materials quick and not connected to the environment. granted this was when materials were hard to come by in the world.

Alpha: all enemies drop glimmer, materials plenty in the environment
Beta: only majors/Ultras drop glimmer, materials hard to find on map, patrols reward them, chests give insane amount of glimmer
Release: only Majors/Ultras give glimmer, materials plenty on map, no mats from patrol rewards, chests give some glimmer and mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom