• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Why are so many people on GAF claiming that a collection of old games (MCC) and a dying franchise (CoD) are going to be Destiny killers? And that the community of players is going to plummet?

Trakan

Seriously? Did they stealth adjust the stamina? I don't remember this issue that much when I was lower level. That's so idiotic especially without a bar to show your stamina.

Nah, that shit's been annoying me since the Alpha. It makes no sense because if you never stop sprinting you don't have the problem.

Okay. What is Vanguard rep and how is it different from the faction rep? Do I just ditch the cape?

Yes, ditch the cape. You get Vanguard rep mainly from playing in the Vanguard playlists, and Crucible Rep from the Crucible playlists. But, if you have a faction class item on, whenever you get rep from ANYTHING, it will go towards the faction instead. But Faction items cost Crucible marks, which you can only get from PVP.

We need to send that video to Bungie and demand that they give us that fucking trophy. Not only was only one person teleported, but the portals immediately dropped after we had intentionally kept them up before the teleport just in case some bullshit glitch happened. By the time the portal came back up the Oracles were already wiping us.

So much rage.

EL CUCO

Sprinting buggy for anyone else? I thought it was my controller but I keep reading more and more guys having the same issue. It's seriously fucking me up.

God I remember doing the Thorn Summoning pit bounty. Every Hive and their mother was chasing me in circles while 2 others were down and I'm trying to keep from wiping. I would jump, juke left and right and the sprint wouldn't activate at times. It felt like I was running in quicksand when that would happen!!

My heart still races when I think about it lol

We need to send that video to Bungie and demand that they give us that fucking trophy. Not only was only one person teleported, but the portals immediately dropped after we had intentionally kept them up before the teleport just in case some bullshit glitch happened. By the time the portal came back up the Oracles were already wiping us.

So much rage.

As far as I know, portals always went down after Atheon teleported people.

Strider

11/11
What is your GT? Not sure if I have you or not.

Gamertag = Sensei Strider

I'm rarely on my XB1 at the moment as I have Destiny on PS4 but I'll be playing a lot of MCC once it comes out. I'd love to add abunch of people from the Destiny community though.

LiK

So the teleports are literally RNG. It doesn't even teleport a guaranteed 3 man crew. FIX THIS SHIT.

Gamertag = Sensei Strider

I'm rarely on my XB1 at the moment as I have Destiny on PS4 but I'll be playing a lot of MCC once it comes out. I'd love to add abunch of people from the Destiny community though.

My GT is the same as PSN. Add me too for MCC.

MADGAME

Man, from what it sounds like, Bungie doesn't even test their patches. How does a bug that occurs this often get through their testing?

I'm not convinced they care if it takes a few wipes to get a non-glitched Atheon session. It was more important to gate the cheese loot.

Side note: Atheon looks like the lovespawn of Megatron and Starscream. MegaScream? StarTron?

Zakalwe

Banned
We need one more for a flawless run.

We're probably extreme masochists at this point, but we're so fucking determined.

Experienced. 29-30. Jump puzzle perfect. Mic. Team player. Etc...

Ready to go now.

Psn: astropoff

milkham

So the teleports are literally RNG. It doesn't even teleport a guaranteed 3 man crew. FIX THIS SHIT.

My GT is the same as PSN. Add me too for MCC.

we had five people inside the portal yesterday, not sure exactly what happened though it was pretty chaotic

I'm not convinced they care if it takes a few wipes to get a non-glitched Atheon session. It was more important to gate the cheese loot.

That's been their philosophy with everything so far... nerfs or cheese fixes are applied immediately, everything else doesn't matter. I mean its been what, a month at least and we still haven't had buffs for Thorn/Juju/etc? They do seem pretty clueless when it comes to patching and design.

EL CUCO

Man, from what it sounds like, Bungie doesn't even test their patches. How does a bug that occurs this often get through their testing?

I dont doubt that it's the same bug that kept them from doing it this way to begin with. Somewhere along the lines they probably said "F it, grab the last three in the back. We'll never get this right"

Right, Luke? RIGHT?

Sullichin

Why are so many people on GAF claiming that a collection of old games (MCC) and a dying franchise (CoD) are going to be Destiny killers? And that the community of players is going to plummet?

Yeah I don't get it. Those games don't scratch the same itch at all. I love the old Halo games, not a fan of COD really but regardless I wouldn't be sending my friends a group text every week to do challenges and continue building my persistent character.

My Halo 1-3 hayday has passed. MCC collection cannot recapture the magic of playing Halo 2 after school with my friends. It's amazing these games will be online again and I'll want to play them again. But no way will it consume my gaming time like Destiny does... a game that made me stop playing Dark Souls/2, which I thought would never happen. Dark Souls and Destiny aren't comparable from a gameplay perspective, but they are the same to me for the "slot" they fill in my gaming time. They're the main games. I can't play both at once because they occupy the same mental space. An old Halo collection or COD game won't usurp that slot for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lets take guesses guys: Will the Mythoclast patch come out before or after MCC launches?
hmmm. er. did they say it was coming next week or anything?

maybe they'll come out on the same day, lol.
Content. That is this games main problem. Or lack thereof, I should say. When players have to do the same things over and over again for months on end of course the game is going to be scrutinized to hell and back. Hopefully the expansions help. It just sucks they're behind a pay wall. Not to mention Xbox owners getting shafted.
Ha see now this I agree with. All these flaws are constantly complained about and the complaints are totally legitimate... but people keep playing and some are barely even slowed down. What Destiny needs most is more meat on its bones. The console exclusive stuff just sucks out loud.

I have to admit sometimes I'm taken aback when really fervent, "i'm not sure if I can take this anymore"-style complaints come from people I know for a fact have at least one level 30 character if not that in addition to every single item remaining on my personal wishlist... that is to say: clearly I can't stop sucking this game's dick, but these guys have played way more than me but are substantively upset/disappointed by it. where did we go wrong?
i hopped into rumble this morning to play a few games, thinking that maybe i was "wrong" about crucible and that i should simply stick to modes that don't rely on teammates or large maps.

unfortunately i wasn't wrong.
Heh, I love Rumble *shrug*
Okay. What is Vanguard rep and how is it different from the faction rep? Do I just ditch the cape?
Vanguard rep is the "default" Rep you get from Vanguard bounties, Strike playlists, beacon missions on patrol, etc- your Vanguard for your class (i.e. Cayde-6 for Hunters, Ikora Rey for Warlocks) will sell you armor when you get to Vanguard rank 2, and the Vanguard Quartermaster will sell you weapons when you get to rank 3. The currency used at these vendors is Vanguard Marks, best earned by doing Public Events and the Level 24 (Tiger) Strike playlist.

Bounties are by far the quickest way to rank up. But if you equip a faction item, the Rep will go to them instead- so yep, ditch the cap.

It's just a bit of a market misunderstanding. I can see why it would make sense at a surface level. But the fact that MCC isn't going to be on PS4 alone pokes a bit of a hole in this theory.

There will be population ebbs and flows with new big releases as experienced by any game, but the notion that either of those titles is actually direct competition to Destiny is a little off the mark. It has more to fear from, say, the new Borderlands game(? expansion? pre-sequel? they lost me on this one), even though I don't predict any sort of gigantic impact from that either.

As far as I know, portals always went down after Atheon teleported people.

Not on the previous run we had done just before that.

Both portals were open, it said Atheon did the teleport but nobody teleported. Both gates stayed up the whole time. He "teleported" 0 people three times in a row while standing stationary in the middle. As soon as one person went inside a portal to see wtf was up, it said that the oracles were wiping us.

It was literally a different game breaking glitch on 3 consecutive flawless runs to Atheon. But every time after we wiped Atheon worked perfectly fine and we could burn him down no problem. It seemed like a wipe/reset was required between GKeepers and Atheon for it to work properly... which is great for the "no one can die" trophy.

They do. That's not a new thing.

There are actually a lot of "new things" in the raid since the patch. See above for an example.

11/11

What is your GT? Not sure if I have you or not.

I love surprises too, unfortunately. I thought the latest patch would have had nice surprises =/

That would be possibly be the worst thing ever lol. They been promising us certain fixes for a very long time now.

Add me on XB1, GT: GKW212

I play Destiny (and most multiplats) on my PS4 but will be dusting off my XB1 on 11/11.

Tovarisc

Should we compile definitions of "Testing", "QA", "Fun" etc. into one big list and send it to employees of Bungie? Just to make sure they have same understanding of terms as rest of the world :b

Namikaze1

It's been while since I last used Hawkmoon. For some reason, I decided to pull it out. This goddamn gun is doing 1100 crit damage and it ain't even fully upgraded!

LiK

It's really not that terrible... Except they put a trophy in the game that is fucked over by constant glitches.

That's the problem. The Flawless trophy isn't skill anymore. It's fucking luck now. I am seriously pissed off about this.

Kalamari

The patch was probably not tested as thoroughly as it should have because of upcoming DLC. Limited resources and all that.

Ok, I have Destiny for both PS4 and Xbox One because I have friends on each platform that wanted to play it.

And stupid as it is, I'm probably buying the expansion on both platforms for the same reason (unless the combined force of COD and Halo:MCC, plus AC and Far Cry are enough to severely impact the number of people playing on one platform or the other).

So as somebody that's probably going to get and play both new strikes anyway, asking Xbox One owners to pay the same amount as PS4 owners up front for less content is garbage.

C'mon Bungie, don't be dicks. Reduce the price of the Xbox One version by a few bucks, then sell the extra strike for like 1.99 or something when it finally releases on Xbox One next year. Assuming your game is as great and well-supported as you claim it will be, there will still be plenty of Destiny fans playing and eager to get 'new' content.

Mindlog

The question is will people stick around or come back later or just find a new "crack" to play?
Mass Effect 4 is the game I'm looking at.
If ME4 meets ME3's measure then I would drop Destiny in a heartbeat. I'd miss raids and PVP, but not enough. Let's start with the grind. Mass Effect multiplayer's freemium model is built around getting good at the game and speed running. Destiny's MMO grind is just that. I need 48 Helium Filaments for my boots to reach light level 28. If raid boots drop then I'll be happy and hate it at the same time. Similarly I really miss Mass Effect's weapon and power variety. Many things in Destiny play like a really boring version of its Mass Effect counterpart. Suros is a Harrier without the ammo limitations. Voidsinger is the really slow and boring Adept. The emotes can be fun and useful, but compare it to a Krogan headbutt. Some would say even ME3's very limited shader options compare favorably.

I still like and will continue playing Destiny, but I'm hard pressed to see myself purchasing anything beyond my poorly thought out Guardian Edition preorder.

ps I am pro nerf and Atheon changes. Balance is what keeps the game interesting and the raid is supposed to be challenging. Yes I want to see bugs fixed, but random teleporting was a good change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom