• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

hope you test run it in one of the weeklies. it's... lol

Final Rest II is also very good. Ran through the nightfall last night and just evaporated everything in sight. 6 round clip, double the charge time of the 77wizard and slightly less impact. It tore right through the minotaurs as well

Zakalwe

Banned
Remember the WEEKLY balance changes? Wow, how we were spoiled.

Rember the terrible RNG progression system?

My friend played for hundreds of hours and didn't find the Salarian Infiltrator, the one class he wanted.

The game was great but the RNG was just as bad.

Flawless run perfect to Atheon.

One person ported.

Game over.

Fucking Bungie.

I think trying a flawless run when the raid is so glitchy is just pure luck if you succeed.

I did the raid earlier, love the random teleport stuff and I handled it great. I think I am down next time you try a flawless run mate.

About to try the raid for the first time. I'm nervous as shit.. Hope I don't screw this over and they kick me out. I'm scared of the platforming sections the most.

Holy shit they wanna play it on Hard. I'm so screwed I'm 29 though. This is gonna be so fantastic. I'm really really scared. Why? Why?

Haha. You'll be fine. I would recommend hitting up normal first but, fuck it, just go for it. When you do normal after doing hard, it'll be a joke.

My advice: listen to your teammates (the experienced ones) and don't freak out. Just take it nice and slow. If you wipe, you wipe. It happens to the best of us... except Figa, she hacked the game and doesn't die... ever.

Hoodbury

It's what I know we'll struggle with, the execution, yeah. This is only our second Nightfall and we only tried this one once last night before people had to leave. Mostly, I wanted to solicit advice to reduce any time spent banging our head against the wall in advance. So thanks for replying.

We'll try it up top this time and keep an eye out for the Praetorian.

I like that idea; we did something similar for Summoning Pits when facing the wizards, and it helped immensely.

Do you know how far back someone can go/steady without causing issues? I once went too far back in Summoning Pits, don't want that happening again.

Nightfall and the Weekly are the same thing just Nightfall is tougher. You could do the Weekly version at level 28 first for practice. Same strategy for the most part, just don't need void weapons and if you wipe you get checkpoints. So try that and just practice on what you need to do.

recks

Looking for...

3 players for full VoG Hard clear from beginning on PS 4. Train leaves once 3 people has been found.

I hope you are level 29 or 30 with somewhat upgraded weapons. Previous experience is plus.

If you enjoy long walks on the beach it's another plus.
Any spots left?

dengatron

Flawless run perfect to Atheon.

One person ported.

Game over.

Fucking Bungie.

if that one person is proficient with the shield, soloing a portal on normal is jokes. oracles die in 3-4 bullets from vision and the shield one shots adds and the last few oracles which are all slammable.

Haha. You'll be fine. I would recommend hitting up normal first but, fuck it, just go for it. When you do normal after doing hard, it'll be a joke.

My advice: listen to your teammates (the experienced ones) and don't freak out. Just take it nice and slow. If you wipe, you wipe. It happens to the best of us... except Figa, she hacked the game and doesn't die... ever.

They already started trying to calm me down that they'll walk me through it lol.

Iceman829

About to try the raid for the first time. I'm nervous as shit.. Hope I don't screw this over and they kick me out. I'm scared of the platforming sections the most.

Holy shit they wanna play it on Hard. I'm so screwed I'm 29 though. This is gonna be so fantastic. I'm really really scared. Why? Why?

Just remember that you can't respawn when you die, so if you are in trouble don't be a hero just drop back and regroup. Staying alive is the most important thing sometimes.

Follow along with what they ask you to do and enjoy shooting things in the face/gut

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For me, at least two real life friends so we can make a fireteam and enough raid GAF to fill a XB1 raid per week. My real life friends are dipping out for various games so that number is dwindling. We will see how long the GAF players stick around as well.
Ah yeah, in your experience obviously the two real life friends is the most important part, and nothing can really make or break that, it's too small scale. Finding people raiding on GAF, we'll see, I don't know how robust he XB1 population here quite is, but from a PS4 player's perspective, I can tell you we could cut the current GAFbase in half and it would still be larger than several games I have launched with during my time here.
I love the game, wouldn't have put 6 days worth of time into it if I didnt, I just wish there was more content (especially for XB1). I agree. With you, there are maybe a handful of games that I've played since I started gaming in the early 80s that have hooked me like this but, to use a golf analogy, Bungie was lined up to make a birdie putt back in September and has been putting around the green ever since. I'm just waiting for them to figure it out and sink the ball, for everyone's sake.
That makes sense. I really wish they'd release some free actual content- even if just a tiny mission or two- as a gesture of good faith if nothing else. The game thrives with a raid group embarking on challenges together and will be strung along by new raid content, but the DLC is pricey nonetheless, and I definitely consider some of my eventual purchase a show of support for continued development in its wake.

Dante316

Looking for...

3 players for full VoG Hard clear from beginning on PS 4. Train leaves once 3 people has been found.

I hope you are level 29 or 30 with somewhat upgraded weapons. Previous experience is plus.

If you enjoy long walks on the beach it's another plus.

Ill play as well.

Dinosur

I'm so sorry if this was posted fifty times already, but wowsers I don't have enough time to scroll back through all these new pages from today.

Anyways, shirt.woot has a pretty funny Destiny shirt this week

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/density

bVwoDtU.png

Rage is still simmering, but I'm glad to see quite a lot of you agree that the materials grind is ridiculous. It just seems so broken, conceptually. Why would you want to fill your overworld(what's the correct term for the planetary surface in destiny?) with people engaging in a super solitary grind for materials. There's not a single social hook, in fact the way it handles chest looting makes it even more anti social. There is no benefit to running chest/mat nodes in a fireteam since it simply serves to slow you down since node drops aren't shared and you need to call them over to every drop, it triples travel time for a full fireteam. Other players not in your fireteam are even worse since you're not even aware of the chest/nodes they find, and they despawn really quickly too. An other player doing a run in the same area you're running is an annoyance, and that feels wrong to me.

Furthermore the amount of materials required to upgrade even a single item can require a multiple hour time investment. I can probably gather the materials to upgrade 1 to 3 items in an hour of incredibly boring solo grinding, but I'm also really OCD, know all of the chest spawns and know a bunch of methods to increase my output. Someone playing this game casually stands no chance of gathering the required materials without looking up specific farming runs, and that feels wrong to me.

But yet it still compounds, because items require a variety of different mats in varying amounts. It's really hard to keep track of exactly how many of a specific item you need without resorting to writing it down, and writing it down just makes the grind stand out much more. It's no fun coming to the conclusion that in order to use the weapons you raided for, and spent several hours playing pve&pvp to level up are incapable of leveling up without a significant added time investment in content that is utterly unenjoyable, anti-social, and of dubious value, and that feels wrong to me.

Every item you acquire is worse than what you already have unless you spend a significant amount of time gathering the 4 required resources. There is no way to recoup those resources, no way to gather them more efficiently and they're all earned in a very specific fashion. You cannot choose which content you engage with, you're forced to engage with all of it. This would not be an issue if all of the content was enjoyable but the majority of the content isn't that great and forcing people to engage with it for several hours to make use of items they received feels wrong to me.

I feel like at it's core the end game is badly planned. You run the nightfall, the weekly, the raid on tuesday and you spend the rest of the week waking the hive and boosting around a planet staring at bushes. If you're short on ascended materials you may run a daily, but that's rare since you're raiding the vault of ass and you're probably swimming in them. That kind of feels wrong to me.

You should not make content valueless in a game that's short on it, yet that's what Bungie does time and time again. It stretches across so many things too. Bounties lose their value unless you're grinding rep or have a weapon/armour to level. Patrols are pointless if you're at rep lvl 3. The endgame content is only good once a week, the entire story is pointless except for the daily mission. Strikes serve no purpose once you've got a full set of legendaries and all the shards you could want. And the bushes aren't worth anything if you don't have an item that requires mats. (Never going to happen). Once the casual playerbase that has stopped making progress weeks ago drops off to COD you'll literally have nobody left playing anything besides the daily mission and pvp. And the people left are probably going to run everything on tuesday and shelve the game for a week until they get bored of even doing that. This feels super wrong to me.

Every single activity should offer up a goddamn smorgasbord of rewards. Mats/Engrams/Rep/Marks. All of them. Every single goddamn one. They should offer more if you do them in a fireteam, that'd be the goddamn strongest social hook you could possibly have. Shards and energy shouldn't be rewards. Just drop a weapon or an armour piece, it will get dismantled and the net result will be the same, just with slightly less dissapointment. It's not like fixing the endgame is some goddamn complicated feat of wizardry. Just increase the reward for engaging in your content Bungie. Picking up plants and opening chests should never be required, the fuck is this game? a chest opening simulator or a first person shooter? You should be flooded with mats so trading them in for rep seems like a sensible option and becomes a viable alternate means for rep progression. The loot system is robust enough that dropping more items is a logically sound idea. Increase the variety in stat distribution and perk assignment and you'll have a system where every weapon is a possible upgrade and there is no best in class. Combine that with a sensible grind to unlock a weapons potential and you have goddamn digital crack.

Right now though, Bungie has got nothing but digital asscrack. And I'm losing faith in their ability to rectify it. They haven't even identified the materials grind as being a problem and that is deeply disturbing to me personally. It seems like they're in way over their heads and are honestly clueless on how to fix this game. I wish they'd listen to me, just slightly, just enough to atleast evaluate what the hell they're doing.

Please explain to me the details of what the glitches are and are not related to; it would really help us out. Why did it work fine after a wipe every time? Why did entering a portal after no one was teleported cause oracles to wipe us when there were no oracles or even a relic inside? How does raising the portals after beating GKeepers relate to the glitches of how many people are teleported?

Nobody understands a damn thing about these glitches, least of all Bungie. But posting "that's not a new thing" in response to a clearly irritated post-- when you have no idea what you are talking about-- is a lame thing to do.

What? I didn't even respond to the initial post.

And don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about.

dengatron

honestly i've done 3-5 atheons a week since raid release and never experienced the bugs other than multiple people coming out at once which is probably just shit coding and 2 people getting taken in instead of 3. taking splash damage inside the shield happens when there's a bit of lag, you're clipping unknowingly, or someone move the shieldholder on accident. i've never experienced any of the other bugs even though i've heard about all of them.

Rage is still simmering, but I'm glad to see quite a lot of you agree that the materials grind is ridiculous. It just seems so broken, conceptually. Why would you want to fill your overworld(what's the correct term for the planetary surface in destiny?) with people engaging in a super solitary grind for materials. There's not a single social hook, in fact the way it handles chest looting makes it even more anti social. There is no benefit to running chest/mat nodes in a fireteam since it simply serves to slow you down since node drops aren't shared and you need to call them over to every drop, it triples travel time for a full fireteam. Other players not in your fireteam are even worse since you're not even aware of the chest/nodes they find, and they despawn really quickly too. An other player doing a run in the same area you're running is an annoyance, and that feels wrong to me.

Furthermore the amount of materials required to upgrade even a single item can require a multiple hour time investment. I can probably gather the materials to upgrade 1 to 3 items in an hour of incredibly boring solo grinding, but I'm also really OCD, know all of the chest spawns and know a bunch of methods to increase my output. Someone playing this game casually stands no chance of gathering the required materials without looking up specific farming runs, and that feels wrong to me.

But yet it still compounds, because items require a variety of different mats in varying amounts. It's really hard to keep track of exactly how many of a specific item you need without resorting to writing it down, and writing it down just makes the grind stand out much more. It's no fun coming to the conclusion that in order to use the weapons you raided for, and spent several hours playing pve&pvp to level up are incapable of leveling up without a significant added time investment in content that is utterly unenjoyable, anti-social, and of dubious value, and that feels wrong to me.

Every item you acquire is worse than what you already have unless you spend a significant amount of time gathering the 4 required resources. There is no way to recoup those resources, no way to gather them more efficiently and they're all earned in a very specific fashion. You cannot choose which content you engage with, you're forced to engage with all of it. This would not be an issue if all of the content was enjoyable but the majority of the content isn't that great and forcing people to engage with it for several hours to make use of items they received feels wrong to me.

I feel like at it's core the end game is badly planned. You run the nightfall, the weekly, the raid on tuesday and you spend the rest of the week waking the hive and boosting around a planet staring at bushes. If you're short on ascended materials you may run a daily, but that's rare since you're raiding the vault of ass and you're probably swimming in them. That kind of feels wrong to me.

You should not make content valueless in a game that's short on it, yet that's what Bungie does time and time again. It stretches across so many things too. Bounties lose their value unless you're grinding rep or have a weapon/armour to level. Patrols are pointless if you're at rep lvl 3. The endgame content is only good once a week, the entire story is pointless except for the daily mission. Strikes serve no purpose once you've got a full set of legendaries and all the shards you could want. And the bushes aren't worth anything if you don't have an item that requires mats. (Never going to happen). Once the casual playerbase that has stopped making progress weeks ago drops off to COD you'll literally have nobody left playing anything besides the daily mission and pvp. And the people left are probably going to run everything on tuesday and shelve the game for a week until they get bored of even doing that. This feels super wrong to me.

Every single activity should offer up a goddamn smorgasbord of rewards. Mats/Engrams/Rep/Marks. All of them. Every single goddamn one. They should offer more if you do them in a fireteam, that'd be the goddamn strongest social hook you could possibly have. Shards and energy shouldn't be rewards. Just drop a weapon or an armour piece, it will get dismantled and the net result will be the same, just with slightly less dissapointment. It's not like fixing the endgame is some goddamn complicated feat of wizardry. Just increase the reward for engaging in your content Bungie. Picking up plants and opening chests should never be required, the fuck is this game? a chest opening simulator or a first person shooter? You should be flooded with mats so trading them in for rep seems like a sensible option and becomes a viable alternate means for rep progression. The loot system is robust enough that dropping more items is a logically sound idea. Increase the variety in stat distribution and perk assignment and you'll have a system where every weapon is a possible upgrade and there is no best in class. Combine that with a sensible grind to unlock a weapons potential and you have goddamn digital crack.

Right now though, Bungie has got nothing but digital asscrack. And I'm losing faith in their ability to rectify it. They haven't even identified the materials grind as being a problem and that is deeply disturbing to me personally. It seems like they're in way over their heads and are honestly clueless on how to fix this game. I wish they'd listen to me, just slightly, just enough to atleast evaluate what the hell they're doing.

It's almost like they're fucking pissing on your pooping face.

Zakalwe

Banned
if that one person is proficient with the shield, soloing a portal on normal is jokes. oracles die in 3-4 bullets from vision and the shield one shots adds and the last few oracles which are all slammable.

Yep. Not everyone has experience with that yet unfortunately. Might practise it if it keeps happening.

squadr0n

Anyone on PS4 thats looking to do the raid (Normal or Hard) send me an invite!

PSN: Squadon. Lvl 29 Warlock with raid gear.

Also need help with the Thorn Exotic Bounty too if anyone is interested.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
honestly i've done 3-5 atheons a week since raid release and never experienced the bugs other than multiple people coming out at once which is probably just shit coding and 2 people getting taken in instead of 3. taking splash damage inside the shield happens when there's a bit of lag, you're clipping unknowingly, or someone move the shieldholder on accident. i've never experienced any of the other bugs even though i've heard about all of them.
Playing the raid yesterday, we've had situations where there have been 5 people in the portal during the Atheon phase. The random teleporting is just broken or something.

as it is now, I think I am done with doing the daily events and public events. My only interested left in this game is doing the Nightfall,weekly, vanguard tiger strikes and the Raid, and I am usually done by wednesday night. That means a whole week until the reset. Xur is always good to visit during the weekends but I pick up what I need and dont play until tuesday reset.

A couple weeks ago I tried to figure out how to save a clip of some Defense Grid 2 gameplay. 20 minutes of fumbling later I gave up. I'm sure it's dead simple but I sure couldn't figure it out from within the UI and haven't taken the time to look it up. I'll do that tonight.

Tap it to take a screenshot and a little camera icon will appear on the top left of the screen. Hold it down and it should come up with an option (square) to save video or start broadcasting gameplay.

Deku Tree

What do people think Bungie is going to do to convince new players to keep raiding the VoG instead of going right to the new moon raid?

Ikkarus

Do you still get raid gear and other kinds of loot if you play the raid on the same difficulty more than once in the same game week?

What do people think Bungie is going to do to convince new players to keep raiding the VoG instead of going right to the new moon raid?

Nothing, lock gear out and then we will have waves of people 1-2 levels under trying their hardest in the new raid. Given what we've seen so far this seems to be the likely outcome.

So you don't get anything if you do the raid more than once a week? Or do like ass shards/energy drop?

Is there a point to running it more than once a week?

:lol at a similar question being posed as I type mine out

I think the system is actually broken-broken. The grimoire card for Mars/Meridian Bay says that once you rank up, "Extra materials drop from material nodes in this destination". I haven't noticed a bit of difference before and after I completed all three ranks for this card. I still get one or two materials per node. Having spent 29 hours (8000 kills) killing shit at this location should have me popping 5's and 10's. I really think they meant for these cards to do stuff, but they didn't get to it or it's broken.

dengatron

Playing the raid yesterday, we've had situations where there have been 5 people in the portal during the Atheon phase. The random teleporting is just broken or something.

yeah i've yet to raid since the patch, and the reports of random numbers of teleports has skyrocketed so it's probably a rush job on getting that atheon patch out the door on their part. i'm sure i'll have fun tonight doing my 3 atheons, but i can't speak about post patch yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shards and energy shouldn't be rewards. Just drop a weapon or an armour piece, it will get dismantled and the net result will be the same, just with slightly less dissapointment.
I agree with this part!

Post-engram patch, getting shards or energy from a purple engram should never happen. It makes sense to have on the loot table for blue engrams, but purple engrams should become an item which then becomes mats if you don't want it. Oversight resulting from the upgrade of ascendant mats to "purple" rarity.

dengatron

Tap it to take a screenshot and a little camera icon will appear on the top left of the screen. Hold it down and it should come up with an option (square) to save video or start broadcasting gameplay.

think you have inverse controls on. it's a long press for a screen shot and short press for post a screen, start recording or broadcasting, default. i could be wrong however, but i don't think i've changed anything and that's how it works for me.

Well I think Sunset overdrive(and other games) are gonna take me away from this game for a bit.

I think it's a good time for a break. Come back for the DLC which looks pretty good. Better then getting burnt out and more annoyed at this game.

Hopefully better updates will be in place *crosses fingers*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom