• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPG

I think the system is actually broken-broken. The grimoire card for Mars/Meridian Bay says that once you rank up, "Extra materials drop from material nodes in this destination". I haven't noticed a bit of difference before and after I completed all three ranks for this card. I still get one or two materials per node. Having spent 29 hours (8000 kills) killing shit at this location should have me popping 5's and 10's. I really think they meant for these cards to do stuff, but they didn't get to it or it's broken.
That's the extra materials. Jumping from 1 to the occasional 2.

Every now and then a random chest with 8-10 in it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What do people think Bungie is going to do to convince new players to keep raiding the VoG instead of going right to the new moon raid?
I think ultimately this is a non-issue: if a player does want to grind all way way to 29 before ever doing the Vault and then take on Crota, why prevent them? I assume they're separate self-contained "stories" rather than anything that means one needs to come before the other, besides the shift in level requirement. For all players of capable level, running each raid once per week per character will be desirable unless you literally have every single potential drop you want from one or the other.

Frenden

Banned
I'm heading overseas for a week on the 3rd, so that'll be my break.

And it may break me. I'm hopelessly addicted to the grind. I'm at pre-race Formula 1 events today (which should be amazing) and all I can think about it is upgrading and leveling all the new exotics and raid gear I got this week.

Mindlog

XBOX 360 Destiny owners...
Destiny works like every other game when using custom music or no?

On PS4 apparently it doesn't mute the in-game music. Why would it?

That's it, just the occasional 2 part. I can't believe this was intentional. I've never seen the 8-10 in a chest unless it's a Christmas chest. It should go up to something like 3 with the occasional 10 on nodes.

dengatron

For all players of capable level, running each raid once per week per character will be desirable unless you literally have every single potential drop you want from one or the other.

unfortunately the raid progression system will render all gear from a previous tier of raiding obsolete, unless they add a visual swap system in the game. hive raid weapons will have a higher max than 300 damage, and raid armor will carry you to 32 instead of 30. there's absolutely no point to do vault of glass outside of cosmetic reasons if you're already 30, or even 29. it's the same problem mmo's have had for decades and will continue to have because with further progression, you demand further power increases, which negates the need for earlier items.

E92 M3

Well I think Sunset overdrive(and other games) are gonna take me away from this game for a bit.

I think it's a good time for a break. Come back for the DLC which looks pretty good. Better then getting burnt out and more annoyed at this game.

Hopefully better updates will be in place *crosses fingers*.

Sunset Overdrive is so good. What is your GT? We can play some chaos squad.

Deku Tree

What are the hard mode only raid drops?

The Mythocast and the Raid helm are hard Atheon only.
Are there other hard mode only drops?

Shito

Dark Souls and Destiny aren't comparable from a gameplay perspective, but they are the same to me for the "slot" they fill in my gaming time. They're the main games. I can't play both at once because they occupy the same mental space. An old Halo collection or COD game won't usurp that slot for me.
I love that mental space idea. Being in the same situation as you, going from being "obsessed" by Dark Souls 2 to being "obsessed" by Destiny I can relate quite well.

Do you know how far back someone can go/steady without causing issues? I once went too far back in Summoning Pits, don't want that happening again.
The summoning pits can fuck you up quite quickly with that yeah. This one is a lot more lenient: I know for sure anywhere up to the middle of the cave before the path to the boss (the one with lots of vex) is good. And possibly even before that, but you don't need to go that far. Staying at the entry of this cave (at the beginning of the opened corridor leading to the boss cave) keeps you safe from the Minotaur.

Patroclos

Banned
Honest question : How many weapons / armors are you upgrading per week to farm materials that much ?

Right? I was wondering the same. I get enough mats by doing the triangle/pyramid vanguard missions. A half hour to 45 minute run usually gets between 15 and 20 mats along with glimmer and multiple engrams. Chests pop for 10 sometimes for me.

I just have fun shooting shit for a bit and boom next upgrade. I'm assuming people are grinding mats for multiple characters and weapons. I can see it becoming a job at that point but I have never had any frustration getting enough for a single character.

LiK

Well I think Sunset overdrive(and other games) are gonna take me away from this game for a bit.

I think it's a good time for a break. Come back for the DLC which looks pretty good. Better then getting burnt out and more annoyed at this game.

You didn't add me back on Live. :(

Iceman829

What are the hard mode only raid drops?

The Mythocast and the Raid helm are hard Atheon only.
Are there other hard mode only drops?

Hard mode has a special edition ship it keeps rewarding that is different that the normal raid one. it's also grey and boring like every other one in the game. I forget if the sparrow is hard mode only or not.

Edit: I getting hosed on these replies today. I should just throw in the towel.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just joined a group for the Raid that was atrocious -- and no, none of them were from here.

Couldn't get past the Sync plates, people ordering each other around, blaming/whining/finger pointing.

One guy was a loudmouth white guy who talked in Ebonics, one was a small child who knew very little about the game. Utter disaster. Glad I left.

*crawls into fetal position and cries*

Fixed1979

I picked up the SO bundle yesterday, set everything up, downloaded the game. Then played Destiny...

LiK

Just joined a group for the Raid that was atrocious -- and no, none of them were from here.

Couldn't get past the Sync plates, people ordering each other around, blaming/whining/finger pointing.

One guy was a loudmouth white guy who talked in Ebonics, one was a small child who knew very little about the game. Utter disaster. Glad I left.

*crawls into fetal position and cries*

Haha, I'm so glad I haven't met any groups like that from GAF.

joecanada

I've seen 11 in one chest twice. Interestingly both chests were out of the map and had to grab them on timer but that's probably coincidence

Patroclos

Banned

Good luck in your attempt at Destiny Sobriety Math. Should we not enable you when we see you online? Lol. Jk.

Sunset is the shit. Finally a game on the One to make that purchase feel justified for me. I've played a good bit the last two nights but I always feel that Destiny itch deep down. I keep thinking I need to level my Suros, I need some helium filaments, I wonder what the crucible bounties are today? You know the feeling....

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Haha, I'm so glad I haven't met any groups like that from GAF.
I've had nothing but good experiences with people I've played with from GAF.

I wasn't even planning on raiding, I just got the invite right as my daughter went down for a nap so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I know Giantbomb finished the Glass vault in around 6 hours but what's a decent time for that raid to take with a good group? I would really like to take a shot at it but even if it takes 2 full hours that's a long time for me to put aside for one event.

blackjaw

I really wish they'd release some free actual content- even if just a tiny mission or two- as a gesture of good faith if nothing else. The game thrives with a raid group embarking on challenges together and will be strung along by new raid content, but the DLC is pricey nonetheless, and I definitely consider some of my eventual purchase a show of support for continued development in its wake.

Yeah I appreciate the plan they laid out with queens missions and IB, regardless of how flawed both were.

If they released a free new planet (Mercury?) with 2-3 story missions, and a new strike I think people would rejoice.

Now I know a great deal many folks are scared of the raid or screwing up or have never done it so I have a proposition: Saturday morning on PS4 (Yeah I know it's early) I'm willing to sherpa you guys on my 30 around 10am EST Sat.

No one will boot you for sucking. We may laugh but that's it. If you're interested ilikespiders on PSN is my tag.

LiK

I know Giantbomb finished the Glass vault in around 6 hours but what's a decent time for that raid to take with a good group? I would really like to take a shot at it but even if it takes 2 full hours that's a long time for me to put aside for one event.

No deaths or stupid glitches? Around 45-60 min.

Alucrid

Banned

you don't have to do it all in one go, there are checkpoints and progress only resets once a week on tuesday

2 hours, less even, if everyone knows what theyre doing even on Hard. You can just quit after getting a checkpoint and try again before the weekly reset.

Jito

Banned
Worst thing about Destiny is it's making me hate Peter Dinklage and Lance Reddick. So much repeated dialogue, it hurts.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Everyone says the raid helm is a hard Atheon only drop... Not true?
One person in here said they got it from Normal, haven't seen anyone actually get it in Normal though (got mine in Hard.)

Unless it's something like Uncommon in Hard, and Very Rare in Normal. But I doubt it.

LiK

One person in here said they got it from Normal, haven't seen anyone actually get it in Normal though (got mine in Hard.)

Unless it's something like Uncommon in Hard, and Very Rare in Normal. But I doubt it.

Helm is a Hard only drop. That person is mistaken or maybe it was a glitch luck.

Patroclos

Banned
Worst thing about Destiny is it's making me hate Peter Dinklage and Lance Reddick. So much repeated dialogue in this game it hurts.

Lance Reddick gives my chills every fucking time. That man can spit some sweet dialogue! I so want to kick ass after his intros. The female ones though, that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom