• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the game more stable today than yesterday? I could not play for more than 5 minutes without getting monkey errors. I've never had any connection problems in the past and I play on Xbox.

dengatron

Source?
Who said anything about lvl 32 gear? my understanding is that doing the story missions in the DLC will give you light levels and not the gear itself. The only weapon i know of that will be over 300 is the Mythoclast, and if the new raid stays similar to the current one, the exotic you get from it will also be over 300. but thats it.

The light level cap is raised from 30 to 32, and the new gear will facilitate progression beyond 30.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-29-destiny-the-dark-below-expansion-content-revealed

base level cap of 20 likely wont change until destiny 2, so until then light level will increase in gear. think of expansions in destiny like raid patches in wow. each raid gear item levels rise, while base level cap stays the same. it's an increase in power through gear, and this will be the same. again, damage caps raised is an assumption, but at least it's an informed one based on every other mmo ever.

LiK

Is the game more stable today than yesterday? I could not play for more than 5 minutes without getting monkey errors. I've never had any connection problems in the past and I play on Xbox.

People are playing it fine except the Raid with Atheon is fucked up.

Patroclos

Banned
1) I never, ever gather more than one or two upgrades' worth of mats (16 or 32) at one time. It's great for, say, a 22-minute episode of something, or just killing time while waiting for a fireteam to pull together. I have a route I like for all four mats now (well, I could use some help with Helium), and honestly find it kind of relaxing and enjoyable :X I've taken off to do something else long before tedium/boredom set in.
2) 30-45 minutes can get you WAY more than 15-20 mats! Happy to show you routes sometime if you like :)

Yep. Mats were only an issue for me once while trying to get helium for a chest and gun. I was being very conservative with my estimates so as not to get anyone's ire up, it really is easy. Mats should be fun to get is the real point. If it starts to fell like a grind then stop, do something else for a bit or play another game for a while. Your stuff will still be there waiting to be leveled when you come back. I feel like too many people are starting to treat the game like a job in many ways, thats always a recipe for a buzzkill.

I do also understand the compulsion some have though. There's always that itch. I think my worst game moments so far came from forcing myself to do strike after strike until I had the 5 coins I needed for the Suros last weekend. I can see how if you were in that mindset that the game becomes work. That work was worth it for the Suros though. I can tell you I will never do it again, well, unless Xur has Ballerhorn this weekend. Lol.

Waldini

Keep doing Tiger Strikes. I have Fusion Rifles pop up very often, both from the Engrams but also as pre-decrypted items.

Thanks! Ill keep at it!

Completed the Raid 12 times on Normal (two characters) and STILL no Chest for my Titan. Goddamn.

Four times on hard, nothing worth keeping.

Worst thing about Destiny is it's making me hate Peter Dinklage and Lance Reddick. So much repeated dialogue, it hurts.

Yep. They should just make the whole thing fun and silly on replays. Drop the dinklebot intros for stories and just have the crucible guy spout some one liners.

Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum guardian. Yes, I know the fallen took your bubblegum.

I'm not opening this door until you kill every last one of them guardian.

well the mythoclast is an exotic, it needs to be compared to other exotics rather than other raid gear alone. I thought the mythoclast needed its PvE buff just to be a more awesome OP gun in PvE

man somebody made thorn

wonder if they had to kill a wizard to charge it

Deku Tree

Another raid glitch we noticed today: when fighting the Templar on hard you can spontaneously lose some or all of your super charge bar for inexplicable reasons. Terrible for sunbros who may have been counting on a revive.

Hi all,

We need a 6th for normal Raid, anyone available?

Currently we have;

01 MandrakeUK
02 SleepyBuddha
03 Voidhawk
04 ICYTURDS
05 Duebrithil
06 ???

We are in orbit waiting to go, so please feel free to join;

PSN: MandrakeUK

Sorry to anyone trying to join if we get full.

NeOak

Thought it was just me but it has some sort of Juggler effect to it? Ammo never seems to drop for that thing.

Nope. The mobs inside the portals rarely drop ammo and the supplicants almost never.

So no, i had that same problem. Ended up changing to the 300 Monte Carlo i had with me.

Frenden

Banned
Running the nightfall, better switch out of that raid gear I'm trying to level up so I don't have to be lvl 27. Great gamedesign.

well the mythoclast is an exotic, it needs to be compared to other exotics rather than other raid gear alone. I thought the mythoclast needed its PvE buff just to be a more awesome OP gun in PvE

man somebody made thorn

If someone makes Hawkmoon, I don't care the cost. It's getting bought'd.

Temidien

Neo Member
Anyone else using the vision of confluence find that the auto fire keeps cutting out despite never releasing the trigger?

It can be after 9 shots, just 2, or even 1 without going auto.

It's really annoying.

I thought I was the only one. Damn things drives me nuts so I manually pull when tackling oracles just to be sure.

patchday

Yep. Mats were only an issue for me once while trying to get helium for a chest and gun. I was being very conservative with my estimates so as not to get anyone's ire up, it really is easy. Mats should be fun to get is the real point. If it starts to fell like a grind then stop, do something else for a bit or play another game for a while. Your stuff will still be there waiting to be leveled when you come back. I feel like too many people are starting to treat the game like a job in many ways, thats always a recipe for a buzzkill.

I do also understand the compulsion some have though. There's always that itch. I think my worst game moments so far came from forcing myself to do strike after strike until I had the 5 coins I needed for the Suros last weekend. I can see how if you were in that mindset that the game becomes work. That work was worth it for the Suros though. I can tell you I will never do it again, well, unless Xur has Ballerhorn this weekend. Lol.

I understand what you mean. But even if material farming is done in short bursts its still broken. It's the way the chests respawn. Take Mars. Most *any* farming vid on Mars will have you running chest to chest. That's not right. It's just plain busted yo

I can probably outgather almost anyone. I should be able to just explore the world and see minerals popup. But Bungie was in such a hurry- they didnt think no one can see the relic iron on Mars unless they get close. So its hard to find them in the world. And try finding 16 :( You basically force to farm chests over and over.

you don't have to do it all in one go, there are checkpoints and progress only resets once a week on tuesday

Thanks all who responded. I accidentally started it by myself thinking it would matchmake and I noticed the checkpoints. I was very surprised to see those and I'm glad they exist. I'm bored as hell playing the same 3 strikes over and over so I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone want to help out a lowly level 24 on the weekly strike? GT is SamRambles and i'm on the xbone.

Don't often get a chance to play so would love to have a proper session with some people!

Ourobolus

Banned
Up until today I thought you guys were crazy with all of your animal error messages, but it finally hit me - baboon and beetle. For the first time. What the hell did they do with this patch?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah, I farmed relic iron for an hour earlier. I only got 108 of them in that timeframe because a bunch of dudes kept ruining my farm. I upgraded my light/beware one pip to 300, my atheons epilogue 4 pips to 300 and my armour one pip. I'm already out of relic iron again. I have like 15 more pips on assorted gear ready to go just waiting on relic iron. Your advice is kind of moot man. What I can gather in 22 minutes isn't even going to make a fucking dent in the stuff I'm trying to level up. It's beyond terrible and there is no excuse.

People dropping in on you can be super irritating. I just go to orbit and come back down and most of the time theyre gone.

jaaz

I suppose there's no chance of more than one patch dropping per week? Really want to see that weapon buff patch, not to mention something that fixes (some?) of the current issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom