• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to set up another Flawless run on Friday night 8pm gmt. If any of the guys from today could make it it would be great, we had a good team and a sound strat.

I must enjoy pain.

I'm in, let's hope Bungie address this Atheon issue before that. Least they can do is acknowledge it.

GhaleonEB

So.

I've been wearing this FWC cloak for a couple weeks thinking it was going to help me get legendary weapons, but I don't play Crucible. Today I learned that means I can't get them from the factions, as they only take Crucible marks for some reason, so I need to ditch the FWC hunter cloak I'm wearing for something else in order to go back to earning Vanguard rep.

Only, I can't find a vendor that sells other hunter cloaks. The only one I can find is my Vanguard vendor, and it's legendary and (shocker) I don't have a high enough rep to buy it. (I don't have a secondary cloak, so I can't just un-equip it.)

I've spent a good chunk of time checking with every vendor and I can't seem to find another cloak.

To recap, I need rep I can't earn to buy a cloak I need to earn the rep I need.

Halp? Is there a vendor I missed?

So.

I've been wearing this FWC cloak for a couple weeks thinking it was going to help me get legendary weapons, but I don't play Crucible. Today I learned that means I can't get them from the factions, as they only take Crucible marks for some reason, so I need to ditch the FWC hunter cloak I'm wearing for something else in order to go back to earning Vanguard rep.

Only, I can't find a vendor that sells other hunter cloaks. The only one I can find is my Vanguard vendor, and it's legendary and (shocker) I don't have a high enough rep to buy it. (I don't have a secondary cloak, so I can't just un-equip it.)

I've spent a good chunk of time checking with every vendor and I can't seem to find another cloak.

Is the cryptarch selling class engrams? If you have motes you can buy one from the speaker.

I'm still hell-bent on getting it done tonight with Matt, cyborg, and whoever else is going to be around. But obviously I will still help you guys regardless of whether or not I've gotten it by then. Same goes for anyone else on any of the squads I've run with: Dhruv, Lik, Afro, Steroyd, ruthlesbarbarian, kopyasu, Kartik21 (even w/o a mic, lol), et. al. Or any other team that wants to benefit from our enormous suffering and hard-earned wisdom. Flawless Raid Guides, Inc.

I probably take this shit too seriously but it's important to me to never let my teammates down on these runs. Helping people and working together is the heart of the experience. Focusing on that helps all the flaws and RNG-BS to just roll off your back.

I really do hope you get it down tonight, was a pleasure running flawless 5 times with you guys last night.

rdrr gnr

So.

You have a few options...

Any cloak that isn't a faction cloak adds rep to Vanguard -- so go do some strikes and hope you get a class item engram. You can in fact get legendary weapons from a faction without crucible marks by leveling any faction beyond rank 3. But it's random, so you might just as easily get a mote of light or ascendant materials. You can also buy a special cloak from the Speaker for 25 motes.

Heel

So.

You can buy one from the Speaker for a load of motes. Do you still have your default class item? Other than that, you're going to need one to drop. Tiger strikes can drop rare class engrams and unique rare cloaks for completion. Completing the weekly strike also nets you a lot of blue engrams, which could give you a class engram.

Another raid, another run with no raid armor drops.

Got the universal remote though... Worst exotic gun in the game. Awesome...

It was a blast though and we beat it with a team of five, one of which was new to the raid.

GhaleonEB

You have a few options...

Any cloak that isn't a faction cloak adds rep to Vanguard -- so go do some strikes and hope you get a class item engram. You can in fact get legendary weapons from a faction without crucible marks by leveling any faction beyond rank 3. But it's random, so you might just as easily get a mote of light or ascendant materials. You can also buy a special cloak from the Speaker for 25 motes.

I'd only gotten one other cloak in the past few weeks of playing (and just scrapped it a few days ago, go figure), so I don't think my chances are good there. Otherwise it sounds like my only options are to grind for rep or motes of light?
You can buy one from the Speaker for a load of motes. Do you still have your default class item? Other than that, you're going to need one to drop. Tiger strikes can drop rare class engrams and unique rare cloaks for completion. Completing the weekly strike also nets you a lot of blue engrams, which could give you a class engram.

Okay, I think I'm getting it. Thanks.

I'm sitting here trying to rationalize my way out of this. I fucked my character by equipping the wrong cloak. :(

I don't understand this game. I really don't.

Heel

I'd only gotten one other cloak in the past few weeks of playing (and just scrapped it a few days ago, go figure), so I don't think my chances are good there. Otherwise it sounds like my only options are to grind for rep or motes of light?

I'm sitting here trying to rationalize my way out of this. I fucked my character by equipping the wrong cloak. :(

Haha, well just playing the game will eventually get a green cloak to drop. Run some strikes or play some missions and cross your fingers.

Heel

You don't need motes to buy from the cryptarch, he accepts glimmer.

Just checked the site and he's not selling class engrams, haha.

GhaleonEB, you can also check the Cryptarch in about 50 minutes and see if he's selling class engrams to get a cloak. What he's selling is random and refreshes every few hours.

The cryptarch updates in 50 minutes. Hopefully his new inventory includes a class engram.

The whole faction system is so fucked. It takes a whole two seconds of logical thought to realize all optional factions should accept both vanguard and crucible marks since you can earn faction rep in PvE and PvP. So why only allow PvP players to buy shit? So utterly daft.

I really do hope you get it down tonight, was a pleasure running flawless 5 times with you guys last night.

Let him sleep mate :p

Lol I just woke up even though I forgot to actually set my alarm. Bungie won't let me sleep... Thanks for the well wishes, we had some seriously good runs earlier. Everyone got locked in there and we could breeze straight to GKs. We are getting a team going now, need two more if any very experienced raiders want to go.

zewone

Lol I just woke up even though I forgot to actually set my alarm. Bungie won't let me sleep... Thanks for the well wishes, we had some seriously good runs earlier. Everyone got locked in there and we could breeze straight to GKs. We are getting a team going now, need two more if any very experienced raiders want to go.
For flawless? I'm in. Level 30 hunter. PSN: zewone

Nameless

Got Purifier VII from nightfall

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

Seems like a slight upgrade from Light/Beware. Digging the mods.

For flawless? I'm in. Level 30 hunter. PSN: zewone

Party invite sent!

After 17 atheon hard kills and countless hours contemplating life and how much I actually value it, I've joined bunta in the just got mythoclast club. Thanks bungie. I didn't want to have delete more characters this week.

That's awesome, congrats dude! Took me 14 hard kills but got it yesterday. Every time I saw you online your character was a different level and I figured you had to delete another character... we need 1 more for flawless, let me know if you want in (drdrizzay101).

Edit: full now.

Nameless

I heard that one is pretty good but yeah no one is gonna be happy about getting anything other than an exotic from nightfall. Not me that's for damn sure.

Yeah it's Icebreaker or bust as far as I'm concerned. Thouh I'd be fine with a Vanquisher to round out my AR collection.

This game!

Gauntlets were the last raid armour piece I needed. Didn't get them last week running hard raid. Luckily I got No Backup Plans from Xurs exotic gauntlet engram last weekend on the first try.

Running hard raid today I got two of them in one roll from finishing the oracle phase. Come on!

Holy shit. 3rd raid gauntlet now.

I never really thought of that, but yeah, this game has a lot of screwy systems that are either poorly explained or not at all. Hell, Dark Souls is more upfront in explaining these types of things. The entire faction system seems so pointless. There are hints that it may have been more meaningful at an earlier time in development, but it is just a shell now with no real purpose other than obfuscate progression in the game.

GhaleonEB

The cryptarch updates in 50 minutes. Hopefully his new inventory includes a class engram.

The whole faction system is so fucked. It takes a whole two seconds of logical thought to realize all optional factions should accept both vanguard and crucible marks since you can earn faction rep in PvE and PvP. So why only allow PvP players to buy shit? So utterly daft.

Thanks. I think my Hunter is on sabbatical until the Cryptarch gets a class engram, I'll check every couple days.

And I agree entirely with the assessment of the faction system. I'm baffled at the decision to limit it to Crucible marks. That runs entirely against the entire idea of Destiny, which is to play what you want and still progress. Crucible marks should go to the Crucible vendor, Vanguard marks to the Vanguard, and either to the faction we choose. That's honestly what I thought it was and never gave it a second thought. :\

Yeah it's Icebreaker or bust as far as I'm concerned. Thouh I'd be fine with a Vanquisher to round out my AR collection.

Vanquisher was my main up until receiving Vision of Confluence yesterday, and served me very well when building around my Ice Breaker. Still love ARs, but I think I'm going to stick with Scout Rifle for PvE now.

Bloodsent

So frustrated right now. Not getting anything but shards and energy for the past two weeks from raids on two different characters, and nothing but doubles for the past three. I can't say it is the worst decision (because Bungie seems to have made plenty), but one of the worst decisions they made was to say that ass shards and energy are legendary drops....

So frustrated right now. Not getting anything but shards and energy for the past two weeks from raids on two different characters, and nothing but doubles for the past three. I can't say it is the worst decision (because Bungie seems to have made plenty), but one of the worst decisions they made was to say that ass shards and energy are legendary drops....

It'll break eventually. I kept receiving Chatterwhite and Found Verdict, then suddenly (on normal Raid no less) I received several new weapons and gauntlets.

I'd take those ass mats though, especially energy. I never have enough of them.
anyone able to do the flawless at all? random teleports are broken.

Have only played in groups with new people, so I can't really get a read on how achievable flawless is or the extent of the issues with the random system vs player error.

Alucrid

Banned
i noticed my friend had raid hands, chest and legs. told him all he needs is a helmet to hit 30. do nightfall, he gets apotheosis veil. praise rngesus

LiK

Have only played in groups with new people, so I can't really get a read on how achievable flawless is or the extent of the issues with the random system vs player error.

prety easy actually. only Gorgon Maze and platforming are the places you should worry about. but the rest is so damn easy now for my Raid crew. we would've gotten it except for a lag and Atheon teleporting ONE person from our crew. The random teleports don't hurt us but considering how glitchy it is now, it's annoying

mstevens

Trying to help my friend with Nightfall (I've already done it this week) but he's only 26, so he keeps dying to the Minotaur and I can't solo the boss and watch out for it... Someone want to help us? We'll be starting soon. PSN mcstevens88

I'm 29 and have fully upgraded Vanquisher and Icebreaker

Would really appreciate it.. He really wants to finish his first nightbreaker.

Thanks. I think my Hunter is on sabbatical until the Cryptarch gets a class engram, I'll check every couple days.

And I agree entirely with the assessment of the faction system. I'm baffled at the decision to limit it to Crucible marks. That runs entirely against the entire idea of Destiny, which is to play what you want and still progress. Crucible marks should go to the Crucible vendor, Vanguard marks to the Vanguard, and either to the faction we choose. That's honestly what I thought it was and never gave it a second thought. :\

As I alluded to in my previous post, I think this is a vestigial design decision that was not re-evaluated after changes were made to the game. The Crucible was allegedly going to be named Faction Wars and the faction vendor's had a more significant role in the game. It makes sense they accept only Crucible marks in this type of scenario, but as things changed they never reconsidered Vanguard Marks to purchase items even though Vanguard Rep can gain faction reputation for some reason.

I made a similar mistake as you and hit rank 2 on a faction before I even hit rank 1 with Vanguard. I am only now going back and grinding rep to get Vanguard up to 3 so I can purchase some weapons I want there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom