• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Just did Flawless Raider, except Atheon decided to teleport 0 people for two phases and on the third phase he teleported me by myself. Killed 2 Oracles before going blind.

Fuck this patch. Atheon is bugged if you don't wipe once. In my mind, that was a clear easily.

So should I just reroll 2 more identical hunters to make it three so I don't need to worry about gearing up another class with different armor? Seems most efficient right?

I leveled one of each class. I thought about your way but having one of each makes Xür's weekly visits more interesting, plus you never really lose out if you get an off class legendary or exotic item.

it also gives me a more varied gameplay experience which I like. My hunter uses HCs and snipers, titan has shotties and ARs and warlock uses PR and FR. I have enjoyed kitting all of them out and developing them.

having 3 hunters does have certain advantages but keep in mind that each class is getting a new subclass which you may want to play...then you'll have 9 different play styles to mess with,

NastyBook

Just did Flawless Raider, except Atheon decided to teleport 0 people for two phases and on the third phase he teleported me by myself. Killed 2 Oracles before going blind.

Fuck this patch. Atheon is bugged if you don't wipe once. In my mind, that was a clear easily.
Tell Bungie. They're breaking more shit than they're fixing at this point.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You got fatebringer like a month ago. You can't complain.

I'll trade you my Timepiece and Foil for Fatebringer and VoC.

If I hand't distmantled that second Fatebringer I'd take you up on that offer.

=D

And yes, I'll admit Fatebringer is a very nice gun.

I cheesed Atheon *once* on my Titan.

It dropped the helmet.

10 minutes later I scrapped it because I felt bad and wanted to "earn" it.

Earn in a loot game lol

I ended up getting the one for my Warlock a few weeks ago. Since then between 2 characters Atheon has been a ship salesman. Not even the sparrow. I did get the Vex Mythoclast yesterday though which is nice.

We're fighting for scraps out here man

dengatron

Earn in a loot game lol

I ended up getting the one for my Warlock a few weeks ago. Since then between 2 characters Atheon has been a ship salesman. Not even the sparrow. I did get the Vex Mythoclast yesterday though which is nice.

We're fighting for scraps out here man
I somehow got 3 helmets one kill. I'll give you all my spares. Come do an atheon some time with me and you'll get every drop ever while o get to complain about my 13th ship.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I was going to get the Cosmic Joke cloak but I saw this ( Venom of Ikaheka ), fell in love and had to have it immediately. I also had my Hunter roll around in this rag before giving her a top tier cloak.

Before
oEFoArv.jpg

j7s9MSg.jpg

After

NastyBook

That is a definite upgrade. I'm probably gonna sit on my Motes from here on out since I blew a few of them on two Exotic Engrams, with only one of them being something that I wanted. Think I'll splurge on the legendary shit the Speaker has once my characters are all 30 or something.

Clear the raid yesterday on normal, not a bad haul, i got a bunch of ass shards, cape for my hunter that i already own so i broke it, another fucking chatterwhite that i dumped in the garbage right away, Atheon´s Epilogue that i already own too but i guess that i´ll keep this one for one of my alts, and finally, raid boots, fuck yeah, they are ugly as a sin, but now i just miss the gauntlets.

Overall it was a good day, but the RNG in this game man...The Last Word for a guy that already has one and he doesn´t even like it, Vision of Confluence for another two guys that ALREADY had one each, and as i said before, Atheon´s Epilogue AGAIN for me...just two of us are fond of hand cannons god dammit, give us that shit, Vision of Confluence would be good too.

And by the way, the Atheon stage is a fucking disgrace now with all those bugs, glitches, lag, etc...sometimes just 2 people were teleported, sometimes it was 4 and we were like "say what, WHAT THE FUCK, WHAT DO WE DO NOW", at least 3 times when i had the relic inside a portal and wanted to get out, after crossing the portal, instead of being running down the stairs in the regular stage i was inside the timestream again running in the wrong direction, i mean, what the fuck, once i even managed to get out using the wrong side of the portal and running in atheon´s direction for fucks sake.

It would be nice if some of the other vendors (Vanguard, Crucible, Factions) sold some exotic equipment once in a while. Even if it is for like 200 marks, don't have anything else good to spend it on.

Sent a request to join, need flawless and clan strike and clan raid trophy.

Psn dante316
bungie dante316

Request approved. Anybody else on here who wants to join the clan for the trophies feel free to join the clan and I will approve it. I can also join in on any groups that need help for the strike or raid clan trophies.

They really haven't said anything about Ahteon breaking through the Relic Shield and players getting turned around coming out of the portals?

Nope. Just changing the fight mechanics and introducing new bugs to aggravate the player base.

Seriously if I sent a project/code with such obvious and frequent bugs for approval I'd be living on the streets.

dengatron

Man... These afkers and leavers in these tiger strikes are really getting on my nerves.

if you're actually of a decent level with good weapons leavers are beneficial. strikes scale to the number of players so having one less shitter with greens at 25 to carry is optimal imo. i'd much rather solo tiger strikes if my friends aren't on than deal with the people that queue for them at 22 and contribute next to nothing while slowing me down.

Marvel

could never
Marvel we tried the flawless run today. It was going superbly till we reached atheon and he prompty made babybel out of us and there was nothing we could do.
It was so agonizing (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sorry to hear that, I know you're all trying very hard.

This patch seems to have ruined most peoples chances at doing it clean.

Zocano

Earn in a loot game lol

It's not really a loot game.

I've played enough MMOs to know how Destiny's loot system is desired to be and how they want me to approach it (like an MMO). And in MMOs you do the same raid week in and week out so you can get its best gear (hopefully) even though you know there's only a small chance for it so that you can be geared for the next batch of content. So on and so far.

A lot of it is bragging rights and they kinda fucked it hard with this raid. Hopefully next raid is a little more smoothed out and raid gear will actually be rare and exciting.

The loot isn't supposed to be something you grind out in 2 days of 48 hours of playing. You come in each week hoping for that piece for you to drop.

This isn't Diablo. This is WoW.

CLBridges

I'm debating on whether I will be picking up the DLC after the reveal of the contents. It's only 20 bucks I know but I thought it would include a little more on the Story side. I feel like this game has the biggest potential ever, but there's somebody in a high position making some asinine decisions (from a consumer point of view). On another note, the dang Nightfall strike gave me 9 strange coins on my main character. Beat it with my alt. for a legendary engram that turned out to be Shadow Price, a auto rifle I already had :(. Xur better come with the goods this Friday lol.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
That is a definite upgrade. I'm probably gonna sit on my Motes from here on out since I blew a few of them on two Exotic Engrams, with only one of them being something that I wanted. Think I'll splurge on the legendary shit the Speaker has once my characters are all 30 or something.
It feels so good knowing you look more badass than anyone else on the server. Especially this cloak since it's so damn flashy and everyone else can only get those bungee cord disasters and cute little emblems. When you get a Warlock one you have to go big and gaudy otherwise you can't really see it. I was going to start saving for a Titan but then I realize how bad Titan sashes are. They really got screwed over there, it's barely noticeable. I'll probably just dump the last ones into getting a different Warlock Bond or another Hunter Cloak so I can have different outfits. Maybe one exclusively for Raiding and another for everything else.

Chatterwhite + Strength of the Pack, maybe for Raid? Anyone have any screen caps of that one? I'm only so many motes away from another one. Much better than throwing dice at a wall and dismantling it for shards because it's not what you wanted.

dengatron

I'm debating on whether I will be picking up the DLC after the reveal of the contents. It's only 20 bucks I know but I thought it would include a little more on the Story side.
While we know the number of story missions, we don't know the length or actual story potential they contain so far. There's a eurogamer article claiming they have something to prove with these missions, and to be fair, they do, but I'll at least go in with an open mind and everyone else that's already purchased a season pass should too.

NastyBook

It feels so good knowing you look more badass than anyone else on the server. Especially this cloak since it's so damn flashy and everyone else can only get those bungee cord disasters and cute little emblems. When you get a Warlock one you have to go big and gaudy otherwise you can't really see it. I was going to start saving for a Titan but then I realize how bad Titan sashes are. They really got screwed over there, it's barely noticeable. I'll probably just dump the last ones into getting a different Warlock Bond or another Hunter Cloak so I can have different outfits. Maybe one exclusively for Raiding and another for everything else.

Chatterwhite + Strength of the Pack, maybe for Raid? Anyone have any screen caps of that one? I'm only so many motes away from another one. Much better than throwing dice at a wall and dismantling it for shards because it's not what you wanted.
The glowy purple Warlock Band plus Jester Apogee on my Voidfang Vestments makes me look like fucking Space Prince.

And yeah, Titans got shafted big time. I only have two or three sashes that really stand out, and one of them was bought from the Speaker. I think Bungie should take it a step further and give them small/medium sized togas.

Sorry to hear that, I know you're all trying very hard.

This patch seems to have ruined most peoples chances at doing it clean.

Between two groups I ran with today we had 5 consecutive flawless runs to Atheon that were completely fubar'ed by glitches. Every time the glitches would go away after we wiped once and we would immediately kill Atheon w/o dying. Good times.

The "good news" is that I have 47 raid clears, only 3 more to max the grimoire card! We aren't going to bother again until they fix it. Way too much of a pain right now.

Greenymac

Between two groups I ran with today we had 5 consecutive flawless runs to Atheon that were completely fubar'ed by glitches. Every time the glitches would go away after we wiped once and we would immediately kill Atheon w/o dying. Good times.

The "good news" is that I have 47 raid clears, only 3 more to max the grimoire card! We aren't going to bother again until they fix it. Way too much of a pain right now.

When its fixed I want in...We made a decent team and made it to close to finish with no deaths and we weren't really trying.

Milennia

:/

The worst part is wiping on Atheon PRE patch

What's the best way to level up Exotics? Ice breaker is taking forever. I heard bounties help I think.

Bounties, like a madman, for real, if you have alts, do bounties with them too, just leave ice breaker in the vault, take it before talking to the bounty tracker

CLBridges

While we know the number of story missions, we don't know the length or actual story potential they contain so far. There's a eurogamer article claiming they have something to prove with these missions, and to be fair, they do, but I'll at least go in with an open mind and everyone else that's already purchased a season pass should too.

I hope Bungie does bring the goods with the new story missions, I want the game to continue going cause I enjoy it. I know I'll end up digging in the sofa and scratching up the the money for the DLC, just hope it explains some things further (outside of grimoire). I intentionally did not post in the new thread about this cause Destiny threads outside of OT quickly turn into "What I hate about Destiny" lol.

When its fixed I want in...We made a decent team and made it to close to finish with no deaths and we weren't really trying.

Sure thing dude. I will run it as many times with as many groups who want to do it. Probably close to 40+ hours running flawless so far and I still haven't died yet (knock on wood). Excluding the nearly constant glitches of course.

Good call.

Part of me wants to beat it with these glitches, just to stick it to Bungie. It's definitely possible.

:/

The worst part is wiping on Atheon PRE patch

Yeah it was a serious missed opportunity. So much wasted time since then, lol. If only we had gotten our strongest groups together a day or two sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom