• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 17 atheon hard kills and countless hours contemplating life and how much I actually value it, I've joined bunta in the just got mythoclast club. Thanks bungie. I didn't want to have delete more characters this week.

Congrats again man, thanks for the invite to those runs, smooth as butter. We made quick work of it.

mstevens

Need 1 more for Nightfall, starting now. 29 Titan with Icebreaker and Vanquisher fully upgraded.

Hit me up: mcstevens88

edit: Damn, internet freaking out. Didn't see my other post go through.

prety easy actually. only Gorgon Maze and platforming are the places you should worry about. but the rest is so damn easy now for my Raid crew. we would've gotten it except for a lag and Atheon teleporting ONE person from our crew. The random teleports don't hurt us but considering how glitchy it is now, it's annoying

Yeah, I just meant with in regards to the Atheon fight :)

Which as I said, can be difficult to tell when playing with the inexperienced where communication can potentially be a lacking commodity and the added chaos of the new system where folks have to basically learn on the fly. So far, all I've encountered has been the single teleport glitch since the update, though the gate glitch and the inaction of picking up the Relic still persists from time to time. Prior there's the expunge glitch too in the Gatekeeper Conflux Defense, which will put a nail in the 'Flawless' coffin.

Also noticed that since the update that Vex will teleport/spawn directly into the center conflux in the pre-Templar objectives, despite none being in the near area. Maybe it's been an ongoing issue prior to the update, but had never noticed until then and the group I ran with was confused as well.

LiK

Yeah, I just meant with in regards to the Atheon fight :)

Which as I said, can be difficult to tell when playing with the inexperienced where communication can potentially be a lacking commodity and the added chaos of the new system where folks have to basically learn on the fly. So far, all I've encountered has been the single teleport glitch since the update, though the gate glitch and the inaction of picking up the Relic still persists from time to time. Prior there's the expunge glitch too in the Gatekeeper Conflux Defense, which will put a nail in the 'Flawless' coffin.

Also noticed that since the update that Vex will teleport/spawn directly into the center conflux in the pre-Templar objectives, despite none being in the near area. Maybe it's been an ongoing issue prior to the update, but had never noticed until then and the group I ran with was confused as well.

oh ok, yea, it's not bad at all. designate who does what beforehand so if they get teleported, they already know their roles. playing with randoms is definitely not recommended especially now. the random teleports will definitely destroy crews who don't play often together.

if Atheon had consistently teleported all 3 of us, it would've been a cinch for Flawless. fucking hate their new bugs.

shem935

Banned
So should I just reroll 2 more identical hunters to make it three so I don't need to worry about gearing up another class with different armor? Seems most efficient right?

maomaoIYP

I'd only gotten one other cloak in the past few weeks of playing (and just scrapped it a few days ago, go figure), so I don't think my chances are good there. Otherwise it sounds like my only options are to grind for rep or motes of light?

Okay, I think I'm getting it. Thanks.

I'm sitting here trying to rationalize my way out of this. I fucked my character by equipping the wrong cloak. :(

I don't understand this game. I really don't.

The FWC cloak is freaking gorgeous though. But yeah I agree with you, the faction stuff requiring crucible marks was really badly thought out. If you ask me there should be a third currency that can be used to buy faction gear instead of pegging it to crucible marks. Now all it seems is that the factions being important were removed from the crucible.

NeOak

The FWC cloak is freaking gorgeous though. But yeah I agree with you, the faction stuff requiring crucible marks was really badly thought out. If you ask me there should be a third currency that can be used to buy faction gear instead of pegging it to crucible marks. Now all it seems is that the factions being important were removed from the crucible.

Most likely the rep items were tied to the factions war that was rumored to be cut.

Dante316

So should I just reroll 2 more identical hunters to make it three so I don't need to worry about gearing up another class with different armor? Seems most efficient right?

I don't really recommend it. Playing with a different class is definitely fun and a unique experience. Do 3 hunters only if your desperate to reach lvl 30.

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
I'm curious, if you are attempting flawless raider and wipe can you reset from the beginning, or do you have to continue from whatever checkpoint you might have?

phen0m24

Shout out to Narcissistic Jay, Palom12, wins1991, SquallASF, Union Carbide and Hawkian tonight for Raid 2.0. You guys are the freaking coolest, I swear.

Still learning a lot, but made it through multiple teleports and eventually Atheon went down.

Can't wait to run in the new-person raid tomorrow! May actually bring my high 27 warlock.. Hmmm

Shards in the raid will level her to 28 fast :)

Thanks again, Hawkian for the invite.

still wasn't last on the jumping puzzle, at least LOL

Trying to help my friend with Nightfall (I've already done it this week) but he's only 26, so he keeps dying to the Minotaur and I can't solo the boss and watch out for it... Someone want to help us? We'll be starting soon. PSN mcstevens88

I'm 29 and have fully upgraded Vanquisher and Icebreaker

Would really appreciate it.. He really wants to finish his first nightbreaker.

If you drop down off the cliff into the area with the Nexus and immediately turn 180 degrees when you land, you'll find a gap in the wall and a pillar. There's enough room for 3 people in there. One guy peeks out and shoots, the other guy revives him as needed. It would probably take awhile with 2 guys, but it's pretty much a fool-proof way to get through this nightfall, regardless of level.

shem935

Banned
I don't really recommend it. Playing with a different class is definitely fun and a unique experience. Do 3 hunters only if your desperate to reach lvl 30.

I dunno. I have a warlock at 20 now and I am looking at how long it's going to take me to get him up to raid status. I guess 2 hunters and a warlock would be an okay split.

LiK

I hope they fix Atheon glitches soon so I can attempt Flawless again without worrying about the teleport BS. Gonna try tomm evening again if any of my Raid crew wanna help.

Dante316

I hope they fix Atheon glitches soon I can attempt Flawless again without worrying about the teleport BS. Gonna try tomm evening again if any of my Raid crew wanna help again.

Agreed, Doing entire run and then only 1 being teleported would be fucking stupid and I seen it happen few times.

Dolobill

Well, I reached that point. I finally realized I wasn't enjoying the game and was just stuck in the endless grind loop, after nearly 200 hours. I went digital and now it's deleted from my PS4. I have the expansion pass too but I can't see myself going back for it. The addiction was getting in the way of other games I want to play too. Time to finally pick up Bayonetta 2.

NeOak

Well, I reached that point. I finally realized I wasn't enjoying the game and was just stuck in the endless grind loop, after nearly 200 hours. I went digital and now it's deleted from my PS4. I have the expansion pass too but I can't see myself going back for it. The addiction was getting in the way of other games I want to play too. Time to finally pick up Bayonetta 2.

I'm not there... yet.

*looks at Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, MK8, W101, FFXIV*

/wrist

I'm curious, if you are attempting flawless raider and wipe can you reset from the beginning, or do you have to continue from whatever checkpoint you might have?

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Do you have to wait until the next lockout?

No you don't have to wait. You can just go to orbit, choose destination, and hit "X" (or I think square on PS4) to reset your raid progress, which also resets the death counter.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sitting here trying to rationalize my way out of this. I fucked my character by equipping the wrong cloak. :(

I don't understand this game. I really don't.
you started with one you can reequip, you destroyed it?
Thanks. I think my Hunter is on sabbatical until the Cryptarch gets a class engram, I'll check every couple days.

And I agree entirely with the assessment of the faction system. I'm baffled at the decision to limit it to Crucible marks. That runs entirely against the entire idea of Destiny, which is to play what you want and still progress. Crucible marks should go to the Crucible vendor, Vanguard marks to the Vanguard, and either to the faction we choose. That's honestly what I thought it was and never gave it a second thought. :\
Yeah, the vendors for the factions should just accept your choice of any combination of vanguard and crucible marks; from my perspective the regular vanguard and crucible NPCs are better than the factions even though you can level up the factions faster.

NastyBook

Apologies to the Wednesday night Raid squad I'm in. A lack of sleep coupled with some MSG goodness from the local Chinese restaurant left me with a headache that leveled me. If you guys want to get together tonight, let me know.
No, this is RNG.
Now kick him down the Hellmouth.

GhaleonEB

you started with one you can reequip, you destroyed it?
You know how some people are loot hoarders, holding onto every thing that might eventually be useful for some alt character in some undetermined point in the future? I'm like the opposite of that. If I don't think it's useful at the moment, I shred it. I tend to carry one weapon in each slot rather than collect them. Same for ships, cloaks, etc. (Currently rocket launchers are an exception; I have three of the same kind, one for each type of damage; got them all in rapid succession the other night.)

Basically I found a cape I liked better and pitched the old one. I really didn't think it would bite me in the rear, it's a cosmetic item.

Nearly every time I post about this game I feel just a little bit dumber. I don't think I've ever played a game I've understood as little as Destiny. So much of the design is just bafflingly conterintuitive to me. The dual currency of reputation and marks is an example. I don't think that makes a damn bit of sense and it took me ages to understand it. :\

Finally killed Atheon. Got lucky with a run in which there were no glitches. Got shards, the ship and the helmet...Mythoclast eludes me yet again. Still have to do it on my alt.

Cynar

Thanks. I think my Hunter is on sabbatical until the Cryptarch gets a class engram, I'll check every couple days.

And I agree entirely with the assessment of the faction system. I'm baffled at the decision to limit it to Crucible marks. That runs entirely against the entire idea of Destiny, which is to play what you want and still progress. Crucible marks should go to the Crucible vendor, Vanguard marks to the Vanguard, and either to the faction we choose. That's honestly what I thought it was and never gave it a second thought. :

I agree. The end game goes completely against how it's designed. Max level is only from raiding with no other options, even in the future patch with iron banner rewards. It's weird how you have all this freedom during the game and then when you hit towards the end you're stuck with raids. Also agree with your assessment about marks. I'm level 29, love crucible and still enjoy the game but I'd rather not do the raids due to the trouble of scheduling. Hopefully Bungie listens and provides more options that aren't dependent on A single way to progress

rayuma

Just finished my second nightfall and all three of us got exotic drops. The Last Word, Gjallarhorn and Thunderlord. Makes up for the 5 strange coins I got earlier.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
12 hard Atheon kills later, still no Mythoclast.

Booyah.

You do realize that it's a gun so shitty it's borderline unusable in any mode, right? Not trying to crap on your dream of having one, but I got one after the nerf and it's really disappointing. Even if they raise the damage value again, the gun has too much recoil, and the ammo runs out really quick as the reserve is extremely low (especially if you use the entended clip, which you basically have to). I know there's that allure of the most elusive gun in the game, but unless you're running patrol missions, the gun won't be that useful to you.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
What has hard Atheon given you?

Eh, helms, ascendants and some other weapons. I'm missing 3 to complete my VoG kit: Mythoclast, Timepiece and Foil.

You do realize that it's a gun so shitty it's borderline unusable in any mode, right? Not trying to crap on your dream of having one, but I got one after the nerf and it's really disappointing. Even if they raise the damage value again, the gun has too much recoil, and the ammo runs out really quick as the reserve is extremely low (especially if you use the entended clip, which you basically have to). I know there's that allure of the most elusive gun in the game, but unless you're running patrol missions, the gun won't be that useful to you.

It's gonna get buffed.

It's the VoG trophy.

Need people for the atheon heroic cheese add me on PSN or join my fire team.

PSN: joshcbrugby

Got the checkpoint just need to finish off atheon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom