• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Okay that's it, other guns shouldn't even bother trying to impress me anymore.

Firefly and Outlaw perk already made me a very happy Fatebringer owner, but explosive rounds as well? I don't even need to crit hit to do some nasty damage anymore.

When this baby is maxed, I'm just going to raid for shits and giggles.

Lima

I bought patience and hype. Not sure if I will ever get around to leveling it though.

I love it. Did all bounties on all 3 characters yesterday and only missing the last two upgrades. Will be 300 today.

I just like the look and sound of it. Even if I'm not gonna end up using it too much it's gonna come in handy during arc burn strikes whenever I don't wanna bring my Thunderlord or Plan C.

Lima

I wish Titan's had a perk similar to Gunslingers Trance. :(

At least titan defenders have the ability to have that fast reload like gunslinger's with chain of woe.

I spent a good amount of time with all three characters now and I still like the hunter the most. Especially in PvP. It's so easy to get multiple kills with golden gun and gunslingers trance and chain of woe is so godlike in PvP.

Tovarisc

I was playing hard with my group of level 30s. I'm level 29. Anyways I finally got boots after Templar. I needed boots to hit level 30. I was so excited that i equipped them without thinking. So I was a level 28 for the rest of the raid without realizing it. It took longer for me to solo left portal and I got one shotted by a hobgoblin during Atheon fight while carrying relic. I just warlock rezzed at that point and thought it was werid how I just got one hitted lol. Still didn't realize I was level 28 until an hour or so after beating raid.

I would say you got lucky. Level 28 in Hard VoG and doing key role [e.g. relic carry] is such insane liability because, like you said, he gets OHKd by almost anything.

Basically if you can 4-5 man Hard VoG then you can carry some lowbies through for hard tier loot.

Nah. The damage output reduction at 29 fucks you hard.

My fatebringer does 1505 at 30, 1025 or something at 29 and 865 at 28. So being one level below 29 doesn't fuck you as hard. Don't even mention Gjalla. Dat shit still hits hard even being 28.

Useless? Eh I got 51 kills during the conflux phase. I don't consider that useless.

Other people died. I was just proud that I didn't die as a 28 and even then I could have still used fireborn hehe.

All power to you for finding group that is willing to carry 27-28 people through hard, but for me player who does 60+% less damage than anyone else while taking 60+% more damage than anyone else would be useless. Something that you don't take along or hide in corner so he doesn't get into way.

I question those level 29s and 30s if 28 outperforms them in kills / survivability in hard VoG :b

Zakalwe

Banned
Okay that's it, other guns shouldn't even bother trying to impress me anymore.

Firefly and Outlaw perk already made me a very happy Fatebringer owner, but explosive rounds as well? I don't even need to crit hit to do some nasty damage anymore.

When this baby is maxed, I'm just going to raid for shits and giggles.

Explosive rounds aren't great, imo. They split the damage. Half to target and half as an explosion. It can't crit, so crit hits will do more.

They're good for pvp apprently as they disrupt your target's aim.

Lima

All power to you for finding group that is willing to carry 27-28 people through hard, but for me player who does 60+% less damage than anyone else while taking 60+% more damage than anyone else would be useless. Something that you don't take along or hide in corner so he doesn't get into way.

I question those level 29s and 30s if 28 outperforms them in kills / survivability in hard VoG :b

Well I wouldn't play it with a full team of 28's. One 28 or 27 though? No problem. I played with my regular raid group. We played the raid like 40 times together already so everyone knows what to do.

And I was by no means your standard level 28. I brought 300 fatebringer, praedyth's revenge and gjalla with me with swapping to Ice Breaker for oracles.

Tovarisc

More I play Crucible more I think I'm playing against the game, not against people in the match.

• Why game doesn't terminate people from lobbies if they have e.g. over 100 ms latency?
  • Why matchmaking shoves people across the globe into same lobbies? Makes no sense to fuck everyone over by having huge spread of latencies in same lobby
  • Why matchmaking doesn't care about your character level?
  • Why matchmaking doesn't care about your crucible history? [combat score]
  • Why maps are designed to be CQB clusterfucks or snipefest maps with next to no cover outside of buildings?
  • Why you are using P2P? To maximize break down of hit detection? [if uses dedicated servers then Bungie has created worst backend and netcode that I have seen in years]

Edit:

And I was by no means your standard level 28. I brought 300 fatebringer, praedyth's revenge and gjalla with me with swapping to Ice Breaker for oracles.

Which all do 60+% less damage to anything while your character takes that 60+% more damage than 29s and 30s. Difference of view, but I just would have hard time to accept 27-28 into Hard VoG. Why? Because it's player that can't be given any tasks or responsibility outside of "Try do damage to shit".

Maybe I'm just elitist ass then :D

Milennia

I'm interested in helping out new players :D

If anyone needs a very experienced lev 30 lock for their run

PSN cyborg1

Could always use the flawless practice

If anyone is running a normal raid group for newbs today I'd be interested, though it will depend on the time. Still haven't run through it. Psn is forza_aldi. 28 warlock or titan.

SkylineRKR

Super short daily today. I like those now and again. Yesterday black garden long ass journey for the daily mats.

Especially funny was the gate lord bounty I did right after it. Since I always orbit out before the mission ends I spawned next to him, took him down in one or 2 shots and orbited out.

Especially funny was the gate lord bounty I did right after it. Since I always orbit out before the mission ends I spawned next to him, took him down in one or 2 shots and orbited out.

Cool! Also the bounty or the prince in sword of crota is the first guy you kill. In and out bounty. Literally two minutes, most of that is travel time once you zone in.

SkylineRKR

Cool! Also the bounty or the prince in sword of crota is the first guy you kill. In and out bounty. Literally two minutes, most of that is travel time once you zone in.

Yup. today's are easy and short. For 10 Fallen majors I load up this Weekly 22, first area has more than 10. For the Hive majors its farming the Steppes cave.

MADGAME

I have an Oracle checkpoint on Hard, looking to cheese through Oracles and Templar for Oracle loot, Templar loot, and chests after Templar. Looking to do this twice, will need to switch characters on first group.

Who wants a a chance at Raid gear, Fatebringer/Praetorian Foil and Raid gear?
expect ascendants lol

Navid

I have an Oracle checkpoint on Hard, looking to cheese through Oracles and Templar for Oracle loot, Templar loot, and chests after Templar. Looking to do this twice, will need to switch characters on first group.

expect ascendants lol
I got 3 lvl 29 characters so would be up for giving it a go twice... never done the raid on hard however (lots on normal so far) and never cheesed the oracles but will be on comms so can tell me what I need to do.

expect ascendants lol

I can help. Lvl 30 sunbro with experience

Psn: TheCanisDirus

Or anyone else looking to do a full raid? Normal or Hard.... I'm down!

blackflag

I love it. Did all bounties on all 3 characters yesterday and only missing the last two upgrades. Will be 300 today.

I just like the look and sound of it. Even if I'm not gonna end up using it too much it's gonna come in handy during arc burn strikes whenever I don't wanna bring my Thunderlord or Plan C.

Yeah that's the thing...I have both those so even though I got it, I'll probably never use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom