• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Nothing's set so far. You're in though for sure if you want it.

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator

We have Lik, Boguester (DrDrizzay101), iRAWRasaurus, Steroyd, DeathJr as potentials.

Let's start meeting up at 7 gmt (1 hour 30 minutes) to leave for 7:30.

Gives me half an hour to get some food and prepare a vat of coffee.

I'm in, I'm going to watch TV or something to switch the pallette a bit, I'm already dreading the monotomy of the Oracle portion.

lol the thunderlord is beyond overpowered in pvp I shouldn't be saying this because using it is pretty great but the day Xur sells it is the day pvp is over.

2 hard atheon runs down. 3 portal runs each, no one jumped in the middle. Relic guy shooting super at boss, titan giving weapons of light buff to everyone, one player constantly shooting harpies.

Luckily, the same 3 players got teleported each time, and same relic holder.

Zakalwe

Banned
Soz wolf, meant to put you as 3!

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator
3. WarWolf
4. Lik
5. Steroyd
6. Boguester

iRAWR, Deathjr want it too potentially. We could rotate maybe. I might only be able to do 2 hours (3 max), so we could switch out then.

We can work something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why not just incorporate those materials into the actually FUN parts of the game...

I mean I get it when an MMO makes me grind. They need me to play for months so they get their $15 a month. There's no monthly fee here...so why the need to slow down progress with bullshit farming requirements?
the tedium of farming mats in the open world isn't so much about slowing your progress or artificially extending playtime (compared to farming in just about any MMO I've participated in it's extremely rapid in pace), but rather for artificially populating the open world with players (especially high levels) to be present for Public Events and maintain the illusion of the psuedo-persistent (shared) world for newer players.

There are other ways to populate the open world that feel less tedious than the node/chest loops, though. Hudson had a great idea to have a rotating "bonus ultra" somewhere in the open world that would proivde a bunch of mats for killing.
Exotic armor has 4 slots and only two of them require shards
So that's right, 16 total. Something I'm happy to be wrong about! Everybody upgrade your Exotics first :p
Guys, podcasts make grinding materials enjoyable actually.
Yeah, I honestly don't think this point of view is without merit. Destiny is the kind of game I feel like playing a lot; there's a lot of stuff that requires your complete attention, or you're actually harming the enjoyment of others- but some mindless activities that can still progress you while watching some netflix or whatever are honestly kinda nice to have. But of course other methods of material acquisition would be a great addition.

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator
3. WarWolf
4. Lik
5. Steroyd
6. Boguester

iRAWR, Deathjr want it too potentially. We could rotate maybe. I might only be able to do 2 hours (3 max), so we could switch out then.

We can work something.

If you guys have 6 plus already, then I'll back out. I should really sleep. Good luck and I'll be able to try it tomorrow if you guys still running it.

I thought Lik already had the trophy?

LiK

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator
3. WarWolf
4. Lik
5. Steroyd
6. Boguester

We can work something.

If we fail cuz of glitches, I'll give it one more try. Not in the mood to do multiple tries tonight.

ValeYard

2 hard atheon runs down. 3 portal runs each, no one jumped in the middle. Relic guy shooting super at boss, titan giving weapons of light buff to everyone, one player constantly shooting harpies.

Luckily, the same 3 players got teleported each time, and same relic holder.

I'm starting to not like the mid-method for this reason. Better to rocket Atheon and use the relic super and utilise WoL.

I've yet to beat Atheon on hard though, I'm still a 29 and just am not getting the drops for 30, damn RNGesus.

Ambitious

I just got the Zombie Apocalypse from a blue engram. Unfortunately, it does Void damage. I've already got a almost fully upgraded Corrective Measure. Guess I'm going to scrap it.

Speaking of scrapping: Level 30 Guardians, did you keep your old non-raid gear or dismantle it? I could need a few shards. Apart from the perks and stat boosts, I see no reason to keep it. And both the perks and boosts of my raid gear are superior to those of the old gear.

And gone it is. 12 shards until level 30.

hydruxo

Was saving up for a the Devil you know. Just got a Red Hand IX from raising my vanguard ranks. :)

Any place I can get the Outrageous Fortune or is it totally random?

It's random, but for some reason I've gotten quite a few ships (including Outrageous Fortune) while farming chests on the Moon. I also know some friends who've gotten ships there too, so that might be worth a try.

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator
3. WarWolf
4. Lik
5. Steroyd
6. Boguester

We can work something.
my bad didn't know it was already time, in the middle of running the raid with some new people. Go on without me.if you need a replacement let me

Kalamari

Was saving up for a the Devil you know. Just got a Red Hand IX from raising my vanguard ranks. :)

Any place I can get the Outrageous Fortune or is it totally random?

Rare ships are mostly random, I think. I might have come across one at the ship seller though. I would keep an eye out.

Zakalwe

Banned
my bad didn't know it was already time, in the middle of running the raid with some new people. Go on without me.if you need a replacement let me

We're not leaving for another hour at least. Lik might only stay for a run or two so we'll probably align at some point this evening.

Will keep you posted. :3

Wow. So power levelling my first alt took very little time, level 27 hunter now took less than 15 hours since I had 3 legendaries and an exotic for her.

However, since she didn't have to go through the pain of searching for light armour, it meant I have been low on saffire wire. Meaning the game forces you to find shitty loot to shard for wire.

I never had this issue with my main level 30 Titan since it was from scratch and I put in 9 in game days so far, so a lot of shitty loot was found so I never felt this grind yet.

So here is my 27 hunter, 1 light point away from 28 because I need 17 more saffire wire, meaning 17 greens or about half rare armour pieces needed to shard. Fuck this is stupid. Actively searching for crappy armour loot. Yeesh.

Zakalwe

Banned
If you guys have 6 plus already, then I'll back out. I should really sleep. Good luck and I'll be able to try it tomorrow if you guys still running it.

I thought Lik already had the trophy?

No, Lik is a flawed raider like the majority of us.

Will definitely be running tomorrow. Can do even if we get it tonight. Will be an hour earlier tomorrow if that helps.

Wow. So power levelling my first alt took very little time, level 27 hunter now took less than 15 hours since I had 3 legendaries and an exotic for her.

However, since she didn't have to go through the pain of searching for light armour, it meant I have been low on saffire wire. Meaning the game forces you to find shitty loot to shard for wire.

I never had this issue with my main level 30 Titan since it was from scratch and I put in 9 in game days so far, so a lot of shitty loot was found so I never felt this grind yet.

So here is my 27 hunter, 1 light point away from 28 because I need 17 more saffire wire, meaning 17 greens or about half rare armour pieces needed to shard. Fuck this is stupid. Actively searching for crappy armour loot. Yeesh.

I agree with it being terrible, you can kind of remedy it by saving all of your armour blues for decoding on the alt.

LiK

We're not leaving for another hour at least. Lik might only stay for a run or two so we'll probably align at some point this evening.

Will keep you posted. :3

If we die from mistakes or whatever, I'll keep retrying. But if it's from dumb glitches, I can't take it. lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

You can give blue engrams from Tiger Strikes on your main to decrypt on your Alt (or just do some on that character) or buy greens from Asshead Rahool

Zakalwe

Banned
If we die from mistakes or whatever, I'll keep retrying. But if it's from dumb glitches, I can't take it. lol

I think we have the glitch pattern down. All it will take is a flawless run to Atheon and a few portal rounds to see for sure.

LiK

I think we have the glitch pattern down. All it will take is a flawless run to Atheon and a few portal rounds to see for sure.

K, lemme know how it works in the game chat. Probably easier for you to explain instead of typing it all out,

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
props to you guys all trying to flawless despite the possibility of glitches that kill. I don't think we had very many death-causing glitches in the two normal raids I did this week, but I honestly don't know if I have the stomach for flawless raider even if there was a 0% chance. such stressful!

Zakalwe

Banned
K, lemme know how it works in the game chat. Probably easier for you to explain instead of typing it all out,

It's pretty simple, but yeh we'll talk it over in the party.

props to you guys all trying to flawless despite the possibility of glitches that kill. I don't think we had very many death-causing glitches in the two normal raids I did this week, but I honestly don't know if I have the stomach for flawless raider even if there was a 0% chance. such stressful!

As far as we can tell, if you wipe at any point this specific glitch chain doesn't occur. It only happens it you make it flawlessly to Atheon.

So perfect.

Orca

the tedium of farming mats in the open world isn't so much about slowing your progress or artificially extending playtime (compared to farming in just about any MMO I've participated in it's extremely rapid in pace), but rather for artificially populating the open world with players (especially high levels) to be present for Public Events and maintain the illusion of the psuedo-persistent (shared) world for newer players.

There are other ways to populate the open world that feel less tedious than the node/chest loops, though. Hudson had a great idea to have a rotating "bonus ultra" somewhere in the open world that would proivde a bunch of mats for killing.

People already populate the world doing bounties, dailies, public events, etc...

Forcing farming for mats seems to run directly counter to everything Bungie has ever done. There's no '30 seconds of fun, over and over' there at all. And with the ridiculously low player limits per instance of the world, it never feels really 'populated' anyway except for Tower on the odd time.

Steroyd

Goddamnit does hard mode and normal mode act as different checkpoints?

I tagged along with the Oracle and templar cheeses to get loot, now my unplanned lvl 29 hunter is able to help do gatekeeper onwards, should have a checkpoint, but I completed it on normal last with it.

Nodnol

Any X1 players looking to Raid?

We have TWO spots open. Anyone welcome. Normal Raid, starting from the beginning.

GT: Nodnol88

LiK

Goddamnit does hard mode and normal mode act as different checkpoints?

I tagged along with the Oracle and templar cheeses to get loot, now my unplanned lvl 29 hunter is able to help do gatekeeper onwards, should have a checkpoint, but I completed it on normal last with it.

Yea, different

Deku Tree

Anyone try the super pox vlo legendary pulse rifle? I normally hate pile rifles but this one that I got comes with a perk where you can fire it in full auto mode once I unlock it...

LiK

It's pretty simple, but yeh we'll talk it over in the party.

As far as we can tell, if you wipe at any point this specific glitch chain doesn't occur. It only happens it you make it flawlessly to Atheon.

So perfect.

3PM EST a good time?

maomaoIYP

Anyone try the super pox vlo legendary pulse rifle? I normally hate pile rifles but this one that I got comes with a perk where you can fire it in full auto mode once I unlock it...

None of the legendaries sold match up to The Stranger's Rifle for PvP. Most of them are ok for PvE though.
edit: The full auto perk is simply firing in bursts non-stop. It's not true full-auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom