• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just incorporate those materials into the actually FUN parts of the game...

I mean I get it when an MMO makes me grind. They need me to play for months so they get their $15 a month. There's no monthly fee here...so why the need to slow down progress with bullshit farming requirements?

I think their goal is to sell you "expansions" every couple of months so the longer they keep you playing the higher the chance that you will buy the "expansion".

Wilcian

Neo Member
Hey guys, my friend and I would like to run the hard mode VoG on the PS$. If possible we would like to do the raid at 3 PM EST.

PSN : Tailsaga (29 Titan)
Dootzor (29 Warlock)

Sane_Man

I'm looking for a hard raid group if there's any about. Level 29 sunslinger with all maxed weapons. I've completed hard many times. Looking to start from any point up to the Templar. PS4. PSN: SaneManPritch.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wow. So power levelling my first alt took very little time, level 27 hunter now took less than 15 hours since I had 3 legendaries and an exotic for her.

However, since she didn't have to go through the pain of searching for light armour, it meant I have been low on saffire wire. Meaning the game forces you to find shitty loot to shard for wire.

I never had this issue with my main level 30 Titan since it was from scratch and I put in 9 in game days so far, so a lot of shitty loot was found so I never felt this grind yet.

So here is my 27 hunter, 1 light point away from 28 because I need 17 more saffire wire, meaning 17 greens or about half rare armour pieces needed to shard. Fuck this is stupid. Actively searching for crappy armour loot. Yeesh.

Do you have Glimmer?

You can just go to your class Vanguard NPC and buy 10 green pieces, the cheapest is 340, so 3060 Glimmer nets you roughly 9-13 piece per
Just use up 10,000 Glimmer, net yourself 27-39 armor materials

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think their goal is to sell you "expansions" every couple of months so the longer they keep you playing the higher the chance that you will buy the "expansion".
well, lots of the game's design decisions are built around this, but not the materials farming. you could gather hundreds of every material within a single day if you had the stomach for mindsucking tedium (there's no limitation barring the amount of time you put into it). the weekly raid lockouts, weekly rotating strikes/rewards, weekly cap on marks, weekend Xur visits, etc. are all geared toward incentivizing you to come again next week rather than play 60 hours over the course of a given week, which does augment the chances that you'll still be playing upon in some capacity by the release of the next DLC. But material farming isn't likely to help out in that regard

I'm going to have to start dismantling gear I don't wan to dismantle soon, or fill up my characters while I play which causes me stress.

Sorting options would be magical, too.

I dont want to dismantle anything legendary.. but I also have to start doing that.

Yeah it would be wise to let us have access to the vault from the spaceship or from the character selection area. Having to go to the tower is just a pain.

rNilla

Still looking to do the raid.

PSN ps4 x_Magik_ox

LFM Normal Raid. We'll start as soon as we have a full group. Experience is a plus as I'd prefer to knock it out within a couple hours but newcomers are welcome. PSN rNilla.

1. rNilla
2. x_Magik_ox

excowboy

Bought Patience and Time from Xur yesterday, and enjoying it a lot, the first sniper I have really used in the game.
Completed Nightfall for the first time today as well. Any guesses as to my reward...?
What did I do to displease you RNGesus?!

DjRalford

Bought Patience and Time from Xur yesterday, and enjoying it a lot, the first sniper I have really used in the game.
Completed Nightfall for the first time today as well. Any guesses as to my reward...?
What did I do to displease you RNGesus?!

Well last week I got a legendary engram, which turned into 2 ass shards.

Worse than that?

LFM Normal Raid. We'll start as soon as we have a full group. Experience is a plus as I'd prefer to knock it out within a couple hours but newcomers are welcome. PSN rNilla.

1. rNilla
2. x_Magik_ox

If you're close to starting and still looking, I'm ready to go. 28 Warlock... have completed once before with other GAF members. PSN same as my GAF name

breakfuss

Gahhhh. Once again PSN msging is borked. Fix your shit, Sony. Pls! I can't even get it to work through the app. Is it only this severe for me?

Ms1582, if you see this I got off momentarily but can do the story missions now if you're still up for it. Extending the invitation to anyone else here who wants to level up an alt. At the very beginning.

X-Frame

Normal Raid, from scratch. ~1:30 PM EST (around 30 minutes from now once everyone is on). New raiders welcomed.

1. X-Frame
2. Skele7on
3. grimlock33
4. Dhruv_hanom
5. GraveRobberX
6. Megatron

Nice run everyone! No glitches at all for Atheon (that I noticed at least).

Megatron completed his first raid and got Monte Carlo, nice job!

Steroyd

Hey guys, can you still get boss loot by doing the raid multiple times before the reset on Tuesday ?

No.

You only get one set of loot for doing it on normal and another set of loot for doing it on hard you get both normal and hard loot if you jump straight into hard mode, all chests only count once regardless of difficulty.

WarWolf

No.

You only get one set of loot for doing it on normal and another set of loot for doing it on hard you get both normal and hard loot if you jump straight into hard mode, all chests only count once regardless of difficulty.

My hoard of spirit bloom says otherwise...

Strider

The amount of spirit bloom I need to upgrade the weapons I currently have on me is ridiculous. It would take hours and that part of the game is so so boring to me :/

Snicky

Gahhhh. Once again PSN msging is borked. Fix your shit, Sony. Pls! I can't even get it to work through the app. Is it only this severe for me?

Ms1582, if you see this I got off momentarily but can do the story missions now if you're still up for it. Extending the invitation to anyone else here who wants to level up an alt. At the very beginning.

It's actually been worse for me since the latest update, having the same experience as you. At least it worked for me on the android app prior to the latest update.

phen0m24

The amount of spirit bloom I need to upgrade the weapons I currently have on me is ridiculous. It would take hours and that part of the game is so so boring to me :/

Ember caves on Venus. Check the caves for chests. Very casual loop.

Plus every once in a while you get the walker.

Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom