• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

did stat tracking for the crucible bug out on bungie.net?

its registering games played but it doesnt seem to be updating stats

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Got three of us ready to go who want to do a hard mode raid on PS4...

30 Titan
29 Titan
29 Hunter

All have maxed out weapons for the raid.

We'd be cool with joining another group, or happy to bring three more into our group. If you want to join, please be 29+, have maxed weapons, and have a mic.

Any interest?

No takers? Going to hit up one of those LFG websites next.

Lima

oh weird, you got it from a death camera. i thought it was from where i landed. wanted to see the arc, heh

thanks

Why are you not always using it? It's the safest way to get past the jumping puzzle as a titan. Run off and glide, aim for the wall in front of you and do the titan smash with death from above. You will make it every time. Because looking at that video on the last page you seem pretty bad at the normal way. There is no need to use lift for such long times.

patchday

psn sandboxgod

Willing to do either (hard raid, hopefully from gatekeepers), L29 hunter, max atheon

-OR-

Normal raid with my L28 Titan alt

LiK

Why are you not always using it? It's the safest way to get past the jumping puzzle as a titan. Run off and glide, aim for the wall in front of you and do the titan smash with death from above. You will make it every time. Because looking at that video on the last page you seem pretty bad at the normal way. There is no need to use lift for such long times.

i can do the normal way fine. we did 5 runs before that. like i said if you missed it, i LAGGED and FROZE in midair. eff off.

oh weird, you got it from a death camera. i thought it was from where i landed. wanted to see the arc, heh

thanks

Anytime. There will be a few more chances next time for someone to grab it :) Unless we perform a flawless raid on the first time! We can always hope for the best.

Hung Wei Lo

No takers? Going to hit up one of those LFG websites next.

if you're still looking for someone - Lvl 30 defender titan ...hit me up - PSN is Kinezo

..already done the normal raid, so I'm up for whatever in hard to get a chance to get the good stuff

Looking to do gatekeepers/Atheon on heroic (PS4).

We have an Atheon checkpoint.

Me and my wife currently.

We are both level 29. I'm a warlock Sunsinger, she is a Hunter.

lunlunqq

I do have a Vita. Haven't used much remote play but always figured that since L2 and R2 are so vital to Destiny that it'd be a pain in the ass to always be v touching the rear pads.

There's probably a way around it, or maybe just get used to it?
Destiny has vita specific controls for remote play. No need for rear pad at all. Definitely takes some getting used to. Lower look sensitivity to 2 helps. I've done a hard raid and solo'ed many nightfalls on vita. Quite workable.

lYp8XXg.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Destiny has vita specific controls for remote play. No need for rear pad at all. Definitely takes some getting used to. Lower look sensitivity to 2 helps. I've done a hard raid and solo'ed many nightfalls on vita. Quite workable.

the touch screen controls are difficult.i hit things accidentally a bit. still the fact that it's possible is amazing.

LiK

lYp8XXg.jpg

i had no idea, this is amazing.

lYp8XXg.jpg

the touch screen controls are difficult.i hit things accidentally a bit. still the fact that it's possible is amazing.

Yeah the controls are nice, but I can only really do mundane tasks like farming mats or clearing Vanguard bounties. I can't imaging doing the raid or a nightfall on it though. The sticks don't have enough travel for me and my fingers aren't dextrous enough to compensate D:

lunlunqq

It is... For someone like me who don't have other options, the remote play is a god sent. If only the wife would allow me to play once in a while... :'(

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Vita controls are pretty great considering. Compared to a lot of other FPS games it's spot on. I run Strikes, Daily whatevers and story/farming bs pretty consistently from work.

Would maybe try normal raid with a vita now that it's basically a yawn for me. Definitely not hard tho. Too many chances for the game + glitches + controls + connection lag to get me killed and ruin the experience for everyone else.

Really pretty impressive tho. Love the Vita - remote play is magic.

lunlunqq

Yeah the controls are nice, but I can only really do mundane tasks like farming mats or clearing Vanguard bounties. I can't imaging doing the raid or a nightfall on it though. The sticks don't have enough travel for me and my fingers aren't dextrous enough to compensate D:
Think of it as a kind of training, just like running in a weighted vest. Once you get used to this, you will feel like a god next time you touch a controller. I've a little crucibles on vita too. Got 13/10 on my last clash,nothing amazing but I will live with it. Wonder if I will be able to finish my Thorn bounty on vita. The 25 kill spread Invective bounty is definitely possible. Got up to 7/25 in one game last time.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Edit: Sigh, nm.

It sure is hard to get an initial group going - one second you have too many people wanting in, next minute you're looking to fill multiple spots again.

Gordon

Anybody have any idea how varied the stat rolls on exotics are? Anecdotal evidence is welcome. I have an Invective that's I'm a little underwhelmed with, and today I got my second "A Dubious Task" (which was the only option, because it presumably rolled the other two missives I already have in inventory - Thorn and Bad Juju - as alternate options) and I'm not sure if I should continue levelling up the Invective I currently have, or wait for a better roll.

Also, I have Hard Light levelled up most of the way (I have the stability and the ricochet upgrades) and I'm not happy with the kill times in PvP. What would be a good alternative for stopping shotgun rushes, besides a shotgun? (I missed out on Suros because I couldn't scratch up the coin in time)

LiK

Edit: Sigh, nm.

It sure is hard to get an initial group going - one second you have too many people wanting in, next minute you're looking to fill multiple spots again.

it would be nice to get a group together in less than 30 min for once. seems like it always takes close to 45 min to get any Raid started.

Ridli

Anybody have any idea how varied the stat rolls on exotics are? Anecdotal evidence is welcome. I have an Invective that's I'm a little underwhelmed with, and today I got my second "A Dubious Task" (which was the only option, because it presumably rolled the other two missives I already have in inventory - Thorn and Bad Juju - as alternate options) and I'm not sure if I should continue levelling up the Invective I currently have, or wait for a better roll.

Also, I have Hard Light levelled up most of the way (I have the stability and the ricochet upgrades) and I'm not happy with the kill times in PvP. What would be a good alternative for stopping shotgun rushes, besides a shotgun? (I missed out on Suros because I couldn't scratch up the coin in time)

Wait... what perks would change on exotics?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

while exotic armors have a stat range, I believe all exotic weapons are completely identical.

I think exotics are all identical.

Gordon

Wait... what perks would change on exotics?
No not perks, stats like impact, reload speed, and RoF

while exotic armors have a stat range, I believe all exotic weapons are completely identical.
:(
Well I suppose I'll complete the bounty for the energies and start shopping for a better shotty. I have ~130 vanguard marks, so I'm not sure if I should grab a Shadow Price to replace Hard Light, or a Comedian to replace Invective. I sure hope they buff exotics soon. As it stands I'm performing best in Crucible with The Devil You Know and an Epitaph, and "best" is extremely subjective lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom