• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

It's not in the OP; he posted it as a reply to someone's comment. However, there is no proof of him talking to Bungie and receiving such a dismissive answer, if that's what you're getting at.

Hmm... If true then pure bullshit move by Bungie. Also even if you screenshot your vault and some day it bugs out they will never return your lost gear because "You can't prove you didn't dismantle them after taking pics".

Bungie, it's good thing to make exceptions to own rules once in a while!

Deku Tree

It's not in the OP; he posted it as a reply to someone's comment. However, there is no proof of him talking to Bungie and receiving such a dismissive answer, if that's what you're getting at.

Well there is a link in the comments to a bunch of other threads claiming the same problem and all claiming that Bungie support referred them to the same we page which says Bungie can't restore stuff that you accidentally deleted etc.

Would be interesting if someone created a thread on Bungies forums and sveral people claimed it happened to them.

Bungie should be able and willing to restore to your most recent save when you had your stuff if it's really a bug.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think with situations like these you should keep pushing for help.

I was banned from the original Guild Wars for botting. I hadn't botted, I'd farmed the same spot over and over for a shameful amount of time and one day my account was locked when I tried to log in.

For two weeks I got cut and paste responses "your account ban is permanent". I kept sending messages asking someone to look into it further. Eventually a human tech guy responded and told me my account had been flagged for bot activity and automatically banned.

I asked him to look into whatever logs he had. He did and immediately unbanned my account.

Had I not been persistent I would never had got my account back, I'm certain many players were banned this way and didn't realise they could push past the auto responses and acutally get some help.

Maybe it's the same with Destiny.

Manp

Oh. My. God.

Rahool - he's a sadistic prick to be sure, but I think he might actually have a heart. I was sitting at 16 coins all day, running strikes and pvp hoping to land one more coin so I could grab Patience and Time. I ranked up with Rahool three times, and all I was getting was motes. Tons of them. I had given up and I was heading to tower after one last strike to grab some telemetries. The single blue engram I got from the strike barely more than ten minutes before Xur is due to despawn rolled into my 17th coin :D

i got my last strange coin to buy Patience and Time from him by decoding a blue engram and while doing so i got him to level 20. i got the package and it was two blue and one purple.
the purple one decoded into Icebreaker! :D

:)

If it's PSN (maybe even xbox1?) he could have just saved the video of his previous 15 minutes of play which is simple proof of him transferring items to the vualt, changing characters, and then seeing an empty vault. unless that took him longer than 15 minutes~

Tovarisc

Welp, this is why I carry all my valuable shit on me. I do not trust "vaults" in these sort of games.

You shouldn't trust vaults/banks in these sort of games if game is ran by team of amateurs who don't know how "this sort of game" is ran properly. If Bungie has even half-competent system in place they have means to track down what you had in your vault and can give items back.

They most likely just choose not to give that service to players.

Also got linked this small beauty by friend, You are NOT supposed to lose heavy/special ammo when you die. Raise awareness.

I always thought it's how it's intended to work, apparently not.

Edit:

I don't think I'll ever run atheon with level 27's anymore. the whole party needs to be 28+ for thee end of the raid

If encounter doesn't glitch out then it's more than doable with 27s, with 26s it's where shit can get harder than it needs to be.

oh well. another day, another 3+ hours of failing against normal atheon. at least today was with a competent group I ran with before. they're still new to the Atheon fight (second week of raiding) so they had a lot to learn. but there's just too many issues with the random teleporting.

I don't think I'll ever run atheon with level 27's anymore. the whole party needs to be 28+ for thee end of the raid

What Level are you and the others in your group?

I'm 26. Rest were 28,27,27,26,26

Biggest problem was the 26s pairing up opening the vault. Once we teamed up better it went better.

If it's your first time and your avoiding youtube spoilers, that is not bad progress, I remember trying to figure the raid out for the first time took waayyy longer than it does now and it isn't just level dependent - the right strategies make things significantly easier.

Keep it up! These are what I'd recommend for minimum levels, just in case this is what's holding you back:
3 at 25, 3 at 26 up to the jumping section.
3 at 27, 3 at 28 to the end.

Some did a little reading ahead of time. But for some defend the conflux means run around aimlessly.

But got some gloves and exp. will be easier next time especially if we level up some.

Deku Tree

oh well. another day, another 3+ hours of failing against normal atheon. at least today was with a competent group I ran with before. they're still new to the Atheon fight (second week of raiding) so they had a lot to learn. but there's just too many issues with the random teleporting.

I did it quickly with my level 26 Titan the other day... And died a lot less than the higher levels I was playing with... It really depends upon your group and their levels of raid experience.

ILoveBish

After 90 hours of destiny, 3 level 21-26 characters, at the 90 hour mark, i got my first exotic bounty. Why so quickly bungie, theres still 100s of hours to go!

If it's PSN (maybe even xbox1?) he could have just saved the video of his previous 15 minutes of play which is simple proof of him transferring items to the vualt, changing characters, and then seeing an empty vault. unless that took him longer than 15 minutes~

Apparently he didn't think to do that, so no chance.

Greenymac

Sooooo anyone not able to use ammo synthesis last night? No matter what I used, the cooldown timer started and I had no Ammo. What the actual fuck is going on?

Deku Tree

Sooooo anyone not able to use ammo synthesis last night? No matter what I used, the cooldown timer started and I had no Ammo. What the actual fuck is going on?

It's a bug... Some say it has to do with transferring your ammo synthesis to your alts in the vault. Supposedly you can get around it by equipping your weapon that has no ammo. ... Not sure though.

GlamFM

Banned
I'm 26. Rest were 28,27,27,26,26

Biggest problem was the 26s pairing up opening the vault. Once we teamed up better it went better.

Some did a little reading ahead of time. But for some defend the conflux means run around aimlessly.

But got some gloves and exp. will be easier next time especially if we level up some.

It´s probably doable at 26, but I would suggest getting everybody to 28 honestly before trying it again.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Gawddamn finally my Titan reached lvl 20. I guess I will have hunter/warlock/titan lvl 30 army before the DLC hits. Way too many nice games this month though so that probably won't be possible.

KhvyV9i.jpg

Kensuke

Flawless tries yesterday:

1. Guy dies at the templar because he stepped in a puddle and didn't get cleansed.

2. Same guy falls at the jumping puzzle. We take an hour break and he doesn't come back (I guess we were secretly relieved he didn't).

3. The guy that replaced him falls at the jumping puzzle. Lol...

4. We make it to gatekeepers! Something goes wrong with a cleansing and the blinded guy gets shot to death.

It was a fun group, so it wasn't as bad as it sounds. Still, this trophy is killing me.

Greenymac

Guys does anyone need to finish Atheon on hard for this week? Group wasnt able to get back together last night to finish. Looking for 2-3 depending on who shows up. Lvl 29 or 30 with experience preferred. Will be starting at the checkpoint sometime this morning. Psn ID is same as GAF name.

shem935

Banned
Guys foes anyone need to finish Atheon on hard for this week? Group wasnt able to get back together last night to finish. Looking for 2-3 depending on who shows up. Lvl 29 or 30 with experience preferred. Will be starting at the checkpoint sometime this morning. Psn ID is same as GAF name.

Edit: NM Stuff came up I'm gonna be busy

X-Frame

It's a shame that Hard Light is pretty much worse in every way compared to a regular Legendary auto rifle. It looks so cool though.

For PvP specifically, I'm sure it's better in PvE but there are way better options for PvE as well.

TTG

Started a second character tonight in the hopes of doubling strange coins down the road. This is a crucible exclusive sort of deal, I'm not going to see any more of the pve than I absolutely have to.

All I can say is now I know why low skilled players behave the way they do. Try having a primary that's only good at picking up assists, no potent grenades or abilities and base stats that make you feel like everyone else is handling a Suros out there... you too might find yourself sprinting around with a shotgun, looking for a one hit kill. Did I mention I'm at level 9 and I still don't have a heavy weapon? It's taking everything in my power to hover around a 1.0 k/d.

Ardenyal

All subclasses done. I have no weapons or armor to upgrade. Not sure why I should run bounties at this point.

I'm at the same situation. I did 5k xp bounties for all my characters so when I actually get something worthwhile to upgrade I'll have xp ready to dump on some gear.

R0ckman

What is with these players that just gather around and stare at the female characters in the hub? I'll come to the tower go to the bathroom and come back and there will be like 2 three characters surrounding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom