• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even 24 hours after I got the first I received another Universal Remote this time from the tiger playlist.
What did I do to deserve this punishment?

shem935

Banned
I'm at the same situation. I did 5k xp bounties for all my characters so when I actually get something worthwhile to upgrade I'll have xp ready to dump on some gear.

Does the xp your earn save up until it has some gear to upgrade? Or are you just talking about saving the missions?

Ardenyal

Does the xp your earn save up until it has some gear to upgrade? Or are you just talking about saving the missions?

I finished the bounties and haven't turned them in, they are saved in my bounty list. When I need the xp I equip unupgraded gear and turn in the bounties, switch characters and gear, repeat

Skele7on

Banned
B1btIgCIEAE_COi.jpg

DONE!

Started a second character tonight in the hopes of doubling strange coins down the road. This is a crucible exclusive sort of deal, I'm not going to see any more of the pve than I absolutely have to.

All I can say is now I know why low skilled players behave the way they do. Try having a primary that's only good at picking up assists, no potent grenades or abilities and base stats that make you feel like everyone else is handling a Suros out there... you too might find yourself sprinting around with a shotgun, looking for a one hit kill. Did I mention I'm at level 9 and I still don't have a heavy weapon? It's taking everything in my power to hover around a 1.0 k/d.

Why don't you just buy one from the gunsmith?

Ambitious

First time trying my brand-new Mythoclast in the field. It's incredible. And this thing has been nerfed? What a shame I couldn't experience its original power. Can't wait for the buff.

Started a second character tonight in the hopes of doubling strange coins down the road. This is a crucible exclusive sort of deal, I'm not going to see any more of the pve than I absolutely have to.

All I can say is now I know why low skilled players behave the way they do. Try having a primary that's only good at picking up assists, no potent grenades or abilities and base stats that make you feel like everyone else is handling a Suros out there... you too might find yourself sprinting around with a shotgun, looking for a one hit kill. Did I mention I'm at level 9 and I still don't have a heavy weapon? It's taking everything in my power to hover around a 1.0 k/d.

I noticed that Rahool is still up to his usual shenanigans while trying to level a new character. I got two green engrams, one turned into a white and the other was supposed to be an upgrade (blue armor piece), but still useless since I can't equip it for a couple of more levels and at that point I can almost put on the legendary gear I've been storing.

SkylineRKR

Crucible is terrible at low level. Without Jump and Super perks you're just not going to cut it. Let alone the slow as fuck cooldown on melee and nades (while my Berry gives insta nade on spawn) I hit level 9 now and came out on top a few games because a Cydonia AR3 dropped. But the matchmaking is laughable, I guess its based on grimoire? I am matched with 27+ constantly.

First time trying my brand-new Mythoclast in the field. It's incredible. And this thing has been nerfed? What a shame I couldn't experience its original power. Can't wait for the buff.

That was my first hour experience. But then I took it into PvP and some high level content... and I was underwhelmed by it. Hard to make crits, not that stable, low ammo and doesn't hit as hard. Bungie nerfing PvE also is so fucking imcompetent. Can't wait for a Solar burn though.

Tovarisc

Did PvP tests too? Even in its nerfed state it's a lots of fun in PvP too :) Haven't touched Suros in PvP after I got Mytho with larger mag.

rNilla

Guys does anyone need to finish Atheon on hard for this week? Group wasnt able to get back together last night to finish. Looking for 2-3 depending on who shows up. Lvl 29 or 30 with experience preferred. Will be starting at the checkpoint sometime this morning. Psn ID is same as GAF name.
Hey Greeny I can help in a litte bit if you need it. PSN rNilla. Sorry I missed you last night - lost track of time.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is FWC's The Calling an even halfway-decent scout rifle?

Looking at it now via the app while my VoC is equipped.

The stats seems very comparible.

ROF and Impact is identicle.
Range is about 1/5 greater on The Calling
Stability is half on The Calling (VoC has the stability mod though)
Reload and Magazine are less on TC but it's negligable

At its foundation it looks fine.

I have a Cryptic Dragon with the exact same main bonuses: Firefly and Final Round.

Final Round is next to useless in a mag size of 19 for my Dragon. The Calling has 3 less in the mag than the VoC, so it would be similar. The final bullet was only about 200 dmg more (standard 300ish, final round 500ish) on my Dragon. I found it very underwhelming.

Firefly is always fun on a precision weapon, but more fun than effective.

TC also has Snapshot, Lightweight, and Custom Optics, all of which I find a bit dull.

It'll work. It'll set enemies on fire, but not your world. :p

As far as I'm aware, it was only Boguester, myself and I think Matt who were absolutely confirmed, so I've a feeling this is the case.
I can be pretty flexible, just let me know when you're starting. I can be available to go whenever or I can fill in for someone. Just let me know what the plan is.

blackflag

Crucible is terrible at low level. Without Jump and Super perks you're just not going to cut it. Let alone the slow as fuck cooldown on melee and nades (while my Berry gives insta nade on spawn) I hit level 9 now and came out on top a few games because a Cydonia AR3 dropped. But the matchmaking is laughable, I guess its based on grimoire? I am matched with 27+ constantly.

That was my first hour experience. But then I took it into PvP and some high level content... and I was underwhelmed by it. Hard to make crits, not that stable, low ammo and doesn't hit as hard. Bungie nerfing PvE also is so fucking imcompetent. Can't wait for a Solar burn though.

I still wreck with it in PVP but that kinda mirrors my experience. Melt low level enemies...fully upgrade it and you can barely see health coming off any enemy with a yellow health bar.

Zakalwe

Banned
Hakian, all the store SRs have the same bonuses it seems, and the differences between the base stats are very slight. The Dead Orbit one differs the most, but it's not by much.

If you don't have a Voc I'd just go with whichever you like the look of the most.

Manp

A good 90% of posts are folks doing raid matchmaking.....shit should be patched in.
but you can't possibly do the raid with strangers the game finds for you!

you can only do it with "friends" you just meet on forums or reddit...

makes sense

The A.GHFabB638+1 scout rifle is really good. The range upgrade on it basically makes it a low impact sniper.

I got mine from a drop though, so idk if that's a vendor perk.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
As far as exotic weapon bounties are concerned is it fair to say that Pocket Infinity is currently the best weapon from those quests?

DjRalford

As far as exotic weapon bounties are concerned is it fair to say that Pocket Infinity is currently the best weapon from those quests?

Yeah, I'm at the nightfall bit, just deleted my 3rd super good advice bounty in a week, not only does it keep giving me the same options I already have one and it's awful compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom