• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is there an issue with VoC full auto mode? Sometime it doesn't register the trigger presses. Pretty annoying.

Apparently it happens when you don't fully pull the L2 or R2 triggers.
ie:
Light/partial squeeze = single shot
Full squeeze = full auto

Might be you're not squeezing it fully. All I know is I use R1+L1 and I don't ever have this problem.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
First time trying my brand-new Mythoclast in the field. It's incredible. And this thing has been nerfed? What a shame I couldn't experience its original power. Can't wait for the buff.

Yeah it's objectively worse than a number of other weapons that are non-exotic. Someone on reddit ran a bunch of tests and crunched some numbers. Definitely not bad at all but not worth the exotic slot. Should be boss again post buff.

Zakalwe

Banned
but you can't possibly do the raid with strangers the game finds for you!

you can only do it with "friends" you just meet on forums or reddit...

makes sense

There's a huge difference between your average MM player and the average player on a forum like this actively searching for a group.

One of the main requirements for the Raid is commitment.
One of the biggest issues with MM players is a lack of commitment.

It's not difficult to see how MM could be an issue.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hakian, all the store SRs have the same bonuses it seems, and the differences between the base stats are very slight. The Dead Orbit one differs the most, but it's not by much.

If you don't have a Voc I'd just go with whichever you like the look of the most.
The Calling dropped for me from doing the nightfall on my warlock (thx again antimatter and colonel). I actually was more or less happy with the A.FlxytduhRds vanguard scout (and, frankly, the MIDA) but it's always nice to get a new option.

It has firefly (my first chance to play with it) and a random bonus round rather than final round.

thanks for the review, I think I'll be giving it to my titan

phen0m24

It does actually.

Quality of available squad mates here > anywhere else

I popped on to Madgame's raid yesterday and had a blast. Something tells me if that was a Saturday (read: no school) public raid it likely would have been different.
We had a chill round. Nobody ranting, rarely a raised voice - just a group of trained assassins quietly doing their thing. (I speak for the rest. I just catch bullets)

Grateful for GAF.

Zakalwe

Banned
Last word has the same problem.

See above.

Also I think this happens when you inadvertantly click in the sprint stick slightly while you're aiming. Sprint on L3 is a very clunky design, it doesn't help that the game seems ot have a hidden stamina guage.

I could be wrong of course.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There's a huge difference between your average MM player and the average player on a forum like this actively searching for a group.

Then make it optional. No reason not to have it. The raid is pretty easy after someone in your group has run it at least once. Odds of using mm and getting 6 newbies is near zero by now. Maybe only turn mm on after a month.

Tovarisc

I think it's supposed to Jam by design.

Just like relic shield may jam by design and stop casting it without warning ;)

Also if voidlock can blow himself up with nova bomb why can't bladedancer stab himself through face when spamming attack or striker titan crack his skull when smashing by accidentally hitting his head to his knee?

todd360

There once was a woman named Gold Figga, who was Lord of the Guardians.
She had fame, power, and erotics beyond your wildest dreams.
Before they hung her from the gallows, these were the final words she said:
"My fortune is yours for the taking, but you have to earn it first! I left everything I own in The vault of flawless ass!."
Ever since, guardians from all over the world set off for the Flawless raider trophy, searching for the trophy, the treasure that would make their dreams come true!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7uCI6LXbU

Then make it optional. No reason not to have it. The raid is pretty easy after someone in your group has run it at least once. Odds of using mm and getting 6 newbies is near zero by now. Maybe only turn mm on after a month.

That's assuming everyone in the group is willing to listen and do their jobs properly. I've heard too many stories of bad players to think matchmaking for the raid could ever be a good idea, but if you want it, more power to you.

Lima

So this bug where every item in your vault disappears is pretty scary. I'm fucking afraid to turn on the game now.

There once was a woman named Gold Figga, who was Lord of the Guardians.
She had fame, power, and erotics beyond your wildest dreams.
Before they hung her from the gallows, these were the final words she said:
"My fortune is yours for the taking, but you have to earn it first! I left everything I own in The vault of flawless ass!."
Ever since, guardians from all over the world set off for the Flawless raider trophy, searching for the trophy, the treasure that would make their dreams come true!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7uCI6LXbU

Does this mean I can't play anymore?

Zakalwe

Banned

Firstly, the odds of getting all newbies would be pretty high for the raid. The raid completion levels are still very low, I'd imagine your average player hasn't even tried it yet. Add MM and you'd have a massive influx of people trying it for the first time. The fact many of us here have completed it means very little. Forums like Gaf are a very tiny percentage of the active Destiny playerbase.

There are lots of reasons against the idea of a traditional MM for the raid.

The obvious ones being it would open the mode up to AFKers and griefers.

It could also sour people's experience of end game content if they have a few MM games in a row with issues such as obnoxious/rude players, griefers, afkers, players without mics, no experienced players making for a long frustrating run that doesn't get anywhere, etc...

Of course there will be times when MM groups pull it off, and I'm not suggesting we should mother players. What I am suggesting is that a traditional MM system for the raid is not the best option.

What we should have instead is a party board in game. A place a person can either make a group and ask for people to join or search for groups. You could add criteria like "beginner's welcome" or "experience only", "mic required" etc...

This would benefit new players much more than MM as they would know for sure what kind of group they were getting into instead of throwing people together blind.

One huge problem with MM is its very much something a player will click on a whim. People will use it without considering the commitment required.

A big part of the raid is learning how the team your with works as much as the content itself, so if players were dropping in and out of a raid over the course of the multiple hours needed for your average run then it could get very frustrating.

The little bit of extra effort required to search a party board and sign up for a group would remove those who would be clicking MM on a whim without really considering the commitment required, and even if they didn't understand it could be explained to them by their team before they leave. The Raid should never be a "drop in/drop out experience".

MM works for certain mods. PvP, strikes, even Nightfall would be fine with MM as long as there was a disclaimer along the lines of "this content is recommended for a full fireteam with voice communication".

For the raid, MM remains a bad idea even if it were optional. A party board system would support players of all types much better and would help cultivate a community much more than MM ever could.

Manp

how giving the option for matchmaking would be an issue?
want to build a team and do the raid? fine then invite your friends.

have no friends and no time to go to forums to find people? hop into matchmaking!

see what's good about different options? they tend to work for different kind of people. i've had the game since launch and i've only been able to do the raid 3 times because i can't seem to find people that either want to join me or want me in their team.

i would very much like matchmaking.
about commitment... random people you find online will have no problem dropping off your team if they feel like it. it's no better than strike playlists.

thank god there are some good people on gaf otherwise i wouldn't even know how the inside of the vog looks like...

That's assuming everyone in the group is willing to listen and do their jobs properly. I've heard too many stories of bad players to think matchmaking for the raid could ever be a good idea, but if you want it, more power to you.

Even with some pretty decent gafers you still get some defiance and confusion. We had a mix of 29's and 30's doing Atheon on hard and had come to the realization that 29's just went down too easily while trying to clear adds with the relic. A decision was made that if possible a 30 would grab it. After many failed attempts (people going dark because no-one grabbed the relic for at least 15 seconds) one of the 30's said "My gjallahorn is just too good so I haven't been grabbing the relic". If you want to take that line, great,. but let us know so we can adjust the strategy. I couldn't even imagine how it would go with randoms.

Zakalwe

Banned

have no friends and no time to go to forums to find people? hop into matchmaking!

see what's good about different options? they tend to work for different kind of people. i've had the game since launch and i've only been able to do the raid 3 times because i can't seem to find people that either want to join me or want me in their team.

about commitment... random people you find online will have no problem dropping off your team if they feel like it. it's no better than strike playlists.

thank god there are some good people on gaf otherwise i wouldn't even know how the inside of the vog looks like...

See my post above, details my reaonsing why I consider MM a bad idea.

There are better systems they could implement to support players looking to raid.

I can't make it till 8 gmt but I really want to get this done. Got to get the kids to sleep first.

I'm here till 11pm gmt (maybe a bit later), so we'll get some runs in for sure.

CREMSteve

Man, the Atheon fight is so ridiculous, Bungie really needs to fix the glitches.

Less than 3 people being teleported in, less than 3 people making it out through the portal gates and Atheon deciding to stop taking damage altogether kicked our ass last night.

We fought him for hours and almost every run glitched on us, usually towards the end of the fight when he was almost down.

The random teleporting was actually kind of fun, makes everyone an all around better player, but damn, those glitches are unexcusable.

Mattiator

There are better systems they could implement to support players looking to raid.

I'm here till 11pm gmt (maybe a bit later), so we'll get some runs in for sure.

Perfect :) the main issue I have found is finding a reliable group of the same people who can make the jump every time. We know how to get past the glitch but don't get to attempt it as much as I would like because someone is always falling.

Seep

Akademik209
Ant26587
Daggothss
WarWolf7
And that random dude from the tower

Cheers guys it was fun even though the glitches conspired against us. I seen some real nice drops next to your names...

I got shards. :(

patchday

seems odd to see a fellow gaffer ask for raid matchmaking. I mean, its so easy to find a normal raid group for us. Now raid hard mode might be more difficult. But normal raid groups are always been formed on here. I've already ran 3 normal raids and 1 hard. for 3 of those I was picked up from gaf

void666

Banned
Man, the Atheon fight is so ridiculous, Bungie really needs to fix the glitches.

Less than 3 people being teleported in, less than 3 people making it out through the portal gates and Atheon deciding to stop taking damage altogether kicked our ass last night.

We fought him for hours and almost every run glitched on us, usually towards the end of the fight when he was almost down.

The random teleporting was actually kind of fun, makes everyone an all around better player, but damn, those glitches are unexcusable.

Atheon is cheesing us. Next patch players will have a chance of droping equipment when they die.

I got a fr from someone the other day asking me to help them finish the raid (probably because I'm level 30), and I thought why not? Until they sent me a message saying they couldn't beat Atheon since they fixed the cheese.

There are people who have 'finished' the raid and never bothered to learn the mechanics.

Acorn

Akademik209
Ant26587
Daggothss
WarWolf7

Cheers guys it was fun even though the glitches conspired against us. I seen some real nice drops next to your names...

Yep good raid team.

Every single player I have ever found in on a forum or lfg website has been fun or least competent to play with. I have encountered enough turds on strike playlists that I generally avoid it unless needed for a bounty.

Steroyd

I hope the new raid doesn't have any instant kill gimmicks

It will, Bungie doesn't want the raids to be done without teamwork, or at least strike levels of none teamwork, that said they better damn well make sure it works as intended and not be a glitchy mess that you have to cheese your way out.

Manp

seems odd to see a fellow gaffer ask for raid matchmaking. I mean, its so easy to find a normal raid group for us. Now raid hard mode might be more difficult. But normal raid groups are always been formed on here. I've already ran 3 normal raids and 1 hard. for 3 of those I was picked up from gaf

first time i did the raid i finished at 4.20 am (i'm from Europe, all the other people from US). and that's because i spent 3 solid hours on here trying to find a group.
other times i joined some random groups i was kicked out just before collecting loot so they could invite their friends to get it instead...

yeah, i would like matchmaking even with all the problems it could bring.

it's all solid arguments but if it's either down to having to be lucky to find a team on matchmaking that can pull it off, or not doing the raid at all... i would like to have the option to choose matchmaking.

:)

WarWolf

Akademik209
Ant26587
Daggothss
WarWolf7

Got gear to get my 2nd alt to 30... Still stuck on 29 on my main.

Zakalwe

Banned
it's all solid arguments but if it's either down to having to be lucky to find a team on matchmaking that can pull it off, or not doing the raid at all... i would like to have the option to choose matchmaking.

If they made a party board in game then you would always be able to find a group and it would help eliminate the bad teams. No need to even consider MM from a design perspective.

Options aren't always a good idea. ;)

Ambitious

Crucible is terrible at low level. Without Jump and Super perks you're just not going to cut it. Let alone the slow as fuck cooldown on melee and nades (while my Berry gives insta nade on spawn) I hit level 9 now and came out on top a few games because a Cydonia AR3 dropped. But the matchmaking is laughable, I guess its based on grimoire? I am matched with 27+ constantly.

That was my first hour experience. But then I took it into PvP and some high level content... and I was underwhelmed by it. Hard to make crits, not that stable, low ammo and doesn't hit as hard. Bungie nerfing PvE also is so fucking imcompetent. Can't wait for a Solar burn though.

Did PvP tests too? Even in its nerfed state it's a lots of fun in PvP too :) Haven't touched Suros in PvP after I got Mytho with larger mag.

No, haven't tried PvP yet. Will do so shortly.

Yeah it's objectively worse than a number of other weapons that are non-exotic. Someone on reddit ran a bunch of tests and crunched some numbers. Definitely not bad at all but not worth the exotic slot. Should be boss again post buff.

Do you happen to have a link to this post or comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom