• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

excowboy

Was forced into the Crucible last night due to having 3 exotic bounties on the go. I really wasn't looking forward to it as I've previously only played 4 matches total and not been successful at all. I'd mostly died a lot and not known why.

I actually quite enjoyed my experience yesterday - played a few rounds of Rumble and Control until I got my 25k/d spread (recommend Control if you're looking to do this). Actually had a lot of fun with my Lord High Fixer - headshotting explosive rounds whilst ADS with radar on - and corner killing with a shotgun (sorry everyone!)

I'd thought the game was too fast for me but it just requires correct use of your weapons and hitting your shots. I'd also say not sprinting everywhere gives you more time to plan an encounter but maybe that's just me. I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the bounties without having to worry about dieing. One caveat - now I understand the fuss about Suros Regime!

Midas

Finally got to level 30 this weekend. Got the Vex as well. Only missing Fatebringer from the raid. Time to start a real alt and not just a gear swapping one?

Hunter or Titan?

Hzoltan69

LFG to cheese the oracle and templar parts on hard on PS4. Lvl 29 titan here with maxed weapons. Also up for the gatekeeper/Atheon fight if we have a good group.

PSN: Hzoltan969

hitme

LFG to cheese the oracle and templar parts on hard on PS4. Lvl 29 titan here with maxed weapons. Also up for the gatekeeper/Atheon fight if we have a good group.

PSN: Hzoltan969

I have a HM Atheon checkpoint and need help cheesing the bastard.

Form a group then let's go.

PS4
1. Hzoltan969
2. Hit-me--

Gordon

That would be uncouth. The proper thing to do would be to offer Iron Banner gear that went to 32, no one's saying make it available the day of, maybe a month from the release of the expansion. Also, new exotics should not be exclusive to the expansion, make another set of legendary stuff(plus the mythoclast equivalent) for the new raid like they did with the vault, but add more weapons to the pool, available to all.
*narrows eyes* are you messing with me?

hitme

PS4
1. Hzoltan969
2. Hit-me--
3. Djralford
4. Matush_SVK
5.Eldritch_Spectre

One/maybe two more for HM Atheon cheese.

I got joined in progress to a Salvage game this weekend. The rest of my team were in the process of quitting and the enemy team had all the heavy ammo and supers charged.

Getting immediately cut down by lmg's is so much fun....

Just want my 100 marks by the end of the week and I never have to touch it again.

Skele7on

Banned
Hit level 30 this weekend.

So now I am going to retire for a while, do the raids and nightfalls

but generally I want a break from Destiny.

Looking forward to new content coming though!

Looks like we might have 3 here, my PSN is DrDrizzay101. I can jump on in ~15 min.

If I can find three more people you can join me and Boguester in one.

I'll be ready whenever you are. PSN: The_Sacred

Thanks guys, the Raid was a lot of fun.

It was my first time completing the Raid and I got the Raid Chest piece, 2x Universal Remotes, Found Verdict, Chatterwhite and a crap ton of shards. I guess I should learn to like Shotguns.

Rainmaker

Banned

It was my first time completing the Raid and I got the Raid Chest piece, 2x Universal Remotes, Found Verdict, Chatterwhite and a crap ton of shards. I guess I should learn to like Shotguns.

It was my first time ever stepping foot into it. Huge thanks to Boguester for the incredible coaching. I'll be less nervous next time I do it now that I know firsthand how it is.

I had a lot of fun and came away with Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict, Light of The Great Prism, Kabr's Brazen Grips, Chatterwhite, and a lot of much needed materials. Sorry about the mic problems.Still have no clue what was going on with that.

Nice haul, we both got good stuff. I will be jealous of your VoC, I really like Scout Rifles and it would probably be my ideal main.

I was maining the A.1F19X-RYL scout rifle for so long. Love it but I'm very happy to be upgrading to a different scout rifle. I want one of those Universal Remotes though!

It was my first time ever stepping foot into it. Huge thanks to Boguester for the incredible coaching. I'll be less nervous next time I do it now that I know firsthand how it is.

I had a lot of fun and came away with Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict, Light of The Great Prism, Kabr's Brazen Grips, Chatterwhite, and a lot of much needed materials. Sorry about the mic problems.Still have no clue what was going on with that.

Nice haul, we both got good stuff. I will be jealous of your VoC, I really like Scout Rifles and it would probably be my ideal main.

Two Universal Remotes in one raid is kinda hilarious. I still don't have that exotic. But one piece of raid gear, raid shotty, and exotic shotty is a damn good haul.

I had a great time with you guys, it's always fun to help newer raiders through when they work as well together as you guys. VoC is one of the best primaries in the game, honestly you both got really good hauls. Hit me up after the reset if you want to run it again.

Edit: Full now.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm yeah I can't recall off hand either. Been stuck at 29 for a month now. Too many hard mode glitches/no drops except my titan lol. I'll see how tomorrow goes, got some schools work but I might pop in here and try to help some newbies too.

rafaelr

first time raid question about warlock normal raid gear, is the INT/DIS/STR stat boost effect random or is it always strength (got tread and cuirass both with strength only)?

first time raid question about warlock normal raid gear, is the INT/DIS/STR stat boost effect random or is it always strength (got tread and cuirass both with strength only)?

The INT/DIS/STR boosts are random for each piece of raid gear you get. Always fun to max out some piece with only STR then get a piece with tons of DIS to drop...

no angel

Wow, having one person on your friends list to play this with completely transforms destiny. I just found out my cousin is seriously addicted to it and in a week I've gone from mooching around level 23 to a hair off 27, and from rares only to all legendary armour plus an exotic chestpiece and two legendary weapons. Ok, they're not great ( Bad Seed Down and The Cure) but I finally feel like in progressing through the end game. Having someone to teach you things like maximising chances for ascendant mat drops or even just to drag you through go higher level strikes and nightfalls when your slightly underlevelled makes such a difference.

It's random but don't worry about what stats are on your raid gear. You do 50% more damage to level 30 enemies as a level 30 vs a level 29. What stats or exotic armor perks you have matters nil in comparison to being 30.

Stupid system, just like many of the stupid systems in destiny. But I guess it's nice that no one has to feel bad for getting strength gear.

Hmm yeah I can't recall off hand either. Been stuck at 29 for a month now. Too many hard mode glitches/no drops except my titan lol. I'll see how tomorrow goes, got some schools work but I might pop in here and try to help some newbies too.

Yep, stuck at 29 for over a month as well. This week I did full normal with my regular group and reached Atheon on hard with some other guys. Only got Tread of the Hezen Lords on the normal run and it was the first raid gear piece I got from 7 raids. We tried beating Atheon but ran out of time. I hoped I could get Façade of the Hezen Lords from that...

I'm honestly thinking of starting an alt of the same class just to run the raid more times to see if I can get raid gear. Though I've been putting it off since I'm already playing way too much Destiny with just one character...

rafaelr

It's random but don't worry about what stats are on your raid gear. You do 50% more damage to level 30 enemies as a level 30 vs a level 29. What stats or exotic armor perks you have matters nil in comparison to being 30.

Stupid system, just like many of the stupid systems in destiny. But I guess it's nice that no one has to feel bad for getting strength gear.

i know, but i´m not even thinking about hard mode raid yet. we wanted to try the raid with 4 friends and while it can be a bit frustrating at times, it´s been completely awesome so far (finally got to atheon last night).

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've run the raid twelve times with my warlock and only have the boots...which I got this week. Got the whole armour set in 5 on my titan. Rng

i know, but i´m not even thinking about hard mode raid yet. we wanted to try the raid with 4 friends and while it´s a bit frustrating at times, it´s been completely awesome so far (finally got to atheon last night).

The same concept applies to all enemies relative to your level at all levels, however. So level 27 vs 28, etc. But yes the stats are totally random each time something drops.

Glad you guys are enjoying the raid :)

Agreed. Level 30 really is the primary goal. That allows for Hard mode runs which you can then do for double the rolls compared to normal, to try and get armor pieces with the stats you want.

I already have a huge problem actually getting drops to reach 30... Nevermind making it more difficult by waiting for raid pieces with stats I want.

rafaelr

The same concept applies to all enemies relative to your level at all levels, however. So level 27 vs 28, etc.

yup, i immediately went for lvl 29, when i got the chance. one of my friends is a shard-hoarder though and won´t be convinced to finally fully upgrade his legendaries because "something better could drop"

If only we were allowed to use more than one exotic. I have Heart of the Praxic Fire, Voidfang Vestments, Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Sunbreakers all maxed out.

That's 2 chest pieces, 1 helmet and 1 pair of gloves at 30 light each. Combined with my maxed Tread of the Hezen Lords I would be able to reach level 30.

If the problem is that they consider exotics too powerful, they could introduce a system where if you equip more than one it disables one perk on each exotic.

Steroyd

So...

Anyone want to try flawless raider with the new oracle strat on single teleport?

1. Zakalwe

Yeah that new oracle strat sounds like flawless will be a lot easier, but I'm sure I've wiped before if you miss an oracle and leave, not that I'm complaining seeing that it's tried an tested.

If no one wants flawless I also need HM on my Titan alt if anyone's up for it?

Hard from the beginning? Not that it matters, I've got to do gatekeepers and Aetheon to get rewards for my hunter so as long as it's a full run through I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom