• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

We tried to get a group going a little bit ago but didn't have enough people. Right now we've got a group of 6 scheduled to meet at 2:30pm EST. If anyone has to drop out and you can meet then, definitely let us know.

Talked with some folks earlier and right now the lineup is:

1.) Me
2.) Matt
3.) Cyborg
4.) Astro
5.) Dhruv
6.) Steroyd

If anyone can't make it just send us a PSN message or post here.
Perfect, nearly the same group, time to knock this out

Dunlop

Finally level 28,

I feel like such a tool for not knowing about the pubic event app or realizing that I needed to do the daily at level 24 for a chance at a damn shard

If you guys need a replacement after X hours and someone has to leave, let me know as well.

So like in 6 hours? I should be awake.

If anything earlier and there is a spot, I'll hop on.

You guys are on deck as the replacements for any drop outs. Also if we get lucky with glitches and knock it out quick I will help run it again with any new people that still need it. Okay, maybe that's a little too optimistic right now, but I need to believe...

Which glitches are you finding most troublesome? I really hate the one where the Praetorian regains health, but if it's due to lag...I wonder if they can even fix that.

Yeah Praetorians are the worst but GKeepers have a bad habit of this as well. Definitely seems like lag so I doubt they can do much. Especially in a game that has Post Mortem melee kills, haha.

Only mat upgrades are for kills on a planet. They really really need to buff these, to 2 drops every time at a minimum. One way to make farming less tedious.

The whole grimoire systems is terrible. Not only do you have zero access to it, in game, the effects from leveling grimoire are almost un detectable during game play as well. So many times I would be like... uhh I thought I had the resource buff on this planet, why am I only getting one helium over and over. "checks app, looks at grimoire, ye perk unlocked" Ok, what is the point? It needs a huge buff. With the grimoire bonus, every node should be dropping 3-5 and the mega chests should drop 50. In a game rife with unnecessary progress gates to artificially extend "gameplay", the planetary mats farming is the worst. It makes the loot cave seem like a blockbuster action movie.

You guys are on deck as the replacements for any drop outs. Also if we get lucky with glitches and knock it out quick I will help run it again with any new people that still need it. Okay, maybe that's a little too optimistic right now, but I need to believe...

Cool, let deathjr in before me since its at a much later time for him. Hope for the best and expect the worst :p

Does anyone have a few minutes for the 28 weekly? PS4 Daggothss, at final boss, open fireteam.

Edit: thank you iRAWR!
No problem! Glad to help. Just caught me at a good time before I left for school.

Man, my poor friends lol. I think they're going to murder me if RNGesus continues to bless me the way he has.

The two Nightfalls we've done, I got The Last Word from one and The Dire Skull of Ahamkara from the other. Last night, while running Tiger Strikes for exotic bounties (plural, which is also irritating for the guy who has had only one), I got Patience and Time as a post-strike reward. I wanted it but didn't have enough strange coins after buying Voidfang Vestments, and had resigned to not getting it.

My friends spent their coins getting it, and one had to play a bunch of strikes to grind out a couple coins he needed.

Praise RNGesus and his invisible dice rolls. [T]/

Now I just need to figure out what's next. I'm almost 28 with a maxed exotic, but don't want to waste ass shards on armor I'll be replacing to get there. Should I start looking at running raids?

shem935

Banned
Man, my poor friends lol. I think they're going to murder me if RNGesus continues to bless me the way he has.

The two Nightfalls we've done, I got The Last Word from one and The Dire Skull of Ahamkara from the other. Last night, while running Tiger Strikes for exotic bounties (plural, which is also irritating for the guy who has had only one), I got Patience and Time as a post-strike reward. I wanted it but didn't have enough strange coins after buying Voidfang Vestments, and had resigned to not getting it.

My friends spent their coins getting it, and one had to play a bunch of strikes to grind out a couple coins he needed.

Now I just need to figure out what's next. I'm almost 28 with a maxed exotic, but don't want to waste ass shards on armor I'll be replacing to get there. Should I start looking at running raids?

Yeah as long as you have decent weapons go ahead and run normal raids.

Bizazedo

Which glitches are you finding most troublesome? I really hate the one where the Praetorian regains health, but if it's due to lag...I wonder if they can even fix that.

I despise the ones where only two people are teleported, or even better, people who are teleported get detained.

Or splash damage through the shield.

Or the effect of the -ammo bug every time we spawn.

In short, it feels like Bungie got away with a lot of bugs when we could (easily) push Atheon off. People should've been raising hell a month ago instead of "Omg best experience ever in FPS".

Especially the WoW vets.

I really wish Salvage was a permanent mode. Or at the very least more frequent than it is.

It's easily the best mode. Of course we can't play it all the time.

If I was DeeJ, to be a dick, my next Legend player spotlight would be the dude who has the most Atheon kills game wide.

hydruxo

Run a couple Normal raids until you feel like you've got the hang of all the mechanics. Then use some shards to get to 29 (you should hopefully some raid gear by then) and start doing Hard mode.

Anyone down for fresh run of raid on Normal this morning starting around 9-930am Central (3-330pm UK time I think??, daylight savings throws me off)

I've run it with my 30 and 29 this week, still need to do a quick run on my 28. I can do the raid in my sleep, so I'd prefer experienced players, but all are welcome. In case you're wondering, I just don't bother with hard mode much anymore b/c it's mostly a waste of my time since the only drop I would use would be the helmet, and even then I don't NEED it on any character to get to 30.

XboxOne - LifeExpectancy

1. Life
2. wbarreda
3. slot taken by TA friend

Anyone else?

LiK

The teleport/relic glitches are my main problems. The regain health problem is definitely a lag issue. It seems random and way less common so it's not too much of a deal.

I just want them to fix the teleporting back to three people so we're able to have a chance. Just fix the code for that as a priority. I can still deal with the rest.

KxoZz

joined a group on DLFG, atheon cp, took us about 7 mins max.
Thats how fast it can go if everyone knows what they're doing

I did the raid for the first time yesterday with a group of local players.
We broke our teeth on Atheon as half of the group didn't have decent weapons.
Tomorrow the raid resets and we can't get the group together again.
Would any of you be interested in helping me kill atheon on normal?
It's such as game to let this opportunity go to waste.

Psn: Animation-Imp
Ps4 EU

i'de love a group that can rush that last fight a bit as we spent over three hours on it yesterday, lol.

Rixxan

know there are some ridiculous pvpers on GAF

feel like these are solid rumble stats but get the feeling they'll get put to shame by a few of you

f0eb4bceaed17c58244d7e332ac88777.jpg

anyone? is there a crucible only thread or something? - Feel like these isnt much pvp discussion in here :eek:

I think we should make an official GAF list o' bugs to forward as a bug report. Maybe with a little discussion and some video proof, we can get a really solid argument for them to at least fix the worst offenders.

I despise the ones where only two people are teleported, or even better, people who are teleported get detained. - This is a bad one. Does anyone have a video of less than three getting teleported? How about a video of a teleported person being detained?

Or splash damage through the shield. - This sucks, but I'd have reservations about submitting this since it seems like a lot of the time it's user error (moving around/getting bumped) and to be honest, I feel like it's intended purpose is to be used as a safe place to get cleansed, not a place for the whole team to hide and shoot Atheon with immunity. It's like saying that we're trying to cheese it and it doesn't work right.

Or the effect of the -ammo bug every time we spawn. - They have said that they're aware, but definitely something to press. Video evidence just to show that we're serious?

In short, it feels like Bungie got away with a lot of bugs when we could (easily) push Atheon off. People should've been raising hell a month ago instead of "Omg best experience ever in FPS".

Especially the WoW vets.

It's easily the best mode. Of course we can't play it all the time.

If I was DeeJ, to be a dick, my next Legend player spotlight would be the dude who has the most Atheon kills game wide.

What do you guys think? I really do think they listen, but maybe we just need a solid doable list of demands.

Is there anything stopping me from playing to the boss of the Weekly 28 and then inviting my friend's level 11 alt in to get some free coins? I know you can do this with similar levels, but is there anything stopping someone really low level from joining?

Cool, let deathjr in before me since its at a much later time for him. Hope for the best and expect the worst :p .

Hey thanks for that, I was thinking if you're online we could get some other players together and get one or two practice runs down to see how we go.

Or if anyone needs to do the raid and is short on players, we can help them. Either way, more practice for us.

EL CUCO

Currently running on 3 hrs of sleep at work. We had a good run on Hard mode last night, but when we got to Atheon, the bugs were the real MVP.

Hopefully we can knock it out tonight before the reset.

Loot wise, got my 2nd Fatebringer (energies) and Corrective Measure. Still looking for some boots :( #Forever29

foxdvd

Is there anything stopping me from playing to the boss of the Weekly 28 and then inviting my friend's level 11 alt in to get some free coins? I know you can do this with similar levels, but is there anything stopping someone really low level from joining?
There is a min level requirement. So no he can't.

anyone? is there a crucible only thread or something? - Feel like these isnt much pvp discussion in here :eek:

sorry to say but i don't think many care as the PvP is broken like BF4(melee post mortems anyone?) and not really worth getting into beyond grinding out a few bounties. If the end of round rewards would be given out for performance there would be more incentive in doing good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's impressive to me. what loadouts do you use? I've never been outstanding in any FPS pvp and I'm proud of my 1.14 Rumble k/d :)

Tovarisc

Crucible is super casual, broken as hell, "fun" that you grind for bounty XP.

It's so laggy most of the time that hit detection is utterly broken, constant kill trades, getting killed by player that just lost his arm and head to your shotgun slug etc. Hard to take something like that seriously or go for good stats.

Lets talk when game stops being shit and actually matchmakes you with people from same continent/region which then gives you lower latency and less shitty experience.

SkylineRKR

Its a dice roll, i've seen 1 player getting it in about 3 or 4 runs. But the Templar on Heroic is the only who can drop it I think.

noomi

So does everyone get Fatebringer after beating the Templar on hard or is it just a possibility?

Drops off Templar in hard mode only, it's an amazing handcannon, probably one of the best in the game. Surprised it's not an exotic actually.

Seen it drop two other times.

Bizazedo

joined a group on DLFG, atheon cp, took us about 7 mins max.
Thats how fast it can go if everyone knows what they're doing

It's not a hard fight. The only thing that causes it to be hard are the glitches / bugs that got a pass when people could cheese him because "lol he fell off".

What do you guys think? I really do think they listen, but maybe we just need a solid doable list of demands.
I honestly think they know all of the glitches. I do believe them when they say they play. The developers / DeeJ I mean, not QA :).

GlamFM

Banned
I´m at home tomorrow all day (woohoo!) and want to start a new Raid just after the reset.

So around 11 MEZ.

Feel free to add me on PSN if you have similar plans.

29 Titan - finished the Raid twice.

PSN is GlamFM

Ikkarus

Anyone want to team up on the Lvl 28 weekly strike? I'm by the boss now, just need help clearing the last bit, happy to help out in return for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom