• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...

Anyone want to try flawless raider with the new oracle strat on single teleport?

1. Zakalwe

You really have to ask?

Helping some random guy I met during a daily finish his first raid with his buddies, but we are at GKs. Shouldn't be much longer.

One person gets teleported, they go, "fuck the oracles" grab the relic and bail out straight away.

Someone who got the flawless trophy yesterday posted about it.

Any videos showing this? Maybe I'm missing something but won't the oracles still kill everyone? And Time's vengeance won't be activated either, right?

Zakalwe

Banned
Any videos showing this? Maybe I'm missing something but won't the oracles still kill everyone? And Time's vengeance won't be activated either, right?

No need for a video.

Oracles will only kill you inside the portal if you don't take the relic outside. Oracle's wait a set amount if time then kill any marked player, if you escape the portal with the relic and cleanse then they have nothing to kill.

You only need to kill them for Time's Vengeance.

When a single person gets teleported you want to minimise risk. Instead of them trying to stay alive and kill oracles alone while they wait for others to get inside, you just run straight out and don't worry about the buff for that round. Next round, all 3 should get ported and you can carry on as usual.

Yes but thats just the first time. After that 3 people will be teleported and you'll get the buff.

My question is that can the portals be opened in time?

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes but thats just the first time. After that 3 people will be teleported and you'll get the buff.

Right, does the person with the relic still need to kill oracles until the portal is open? Say, kill 2-3 then just run as fast as they can?

Didn't think about that, maybe a video would be good (or just a detailed explanation).

You really have to ask?

Helping some random guy I met during a daily finish his first raid with his buddies, but we are at GKs. Shouldn't be much longer.

Ha. I was wondering...

Steroyd, Dhruv? Anyone else up for a flawless?

Steroyd

Mechanics wise it makes sense, when you succumb to oracles the people in the portal get killed first, they then drop the relic and the people outside get killed in that order, if everyone is cleansed it's not an issue, which explains why I'd get killed even if I left the portal.

Also it's a flawless run, survival above all else, the reason we made contingency plans was to survive long enough for the telelporting to un-glitch itself and then it's light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes they can if 3 and 3 are hovering around each portal, the lone ranger would get to the portal by time it opened, my only concern is getting shot up making a break for the portal and getting harpied when they cleanse themself because they're going to need to cleanse themselves the second they leave the portal which is just infront of it (where the harpies spawn.).

Another concern is the making a straight break for the portal, on the left side the hobgoblin placment needs to be kind, don't know about the right though, becuse of that goddamn minotaur.

Steroyd, Dhruv? Anyone else up for a flawless?

I'm always up for a flawless, but because it's the day before the reset I'm leaning more towards wanting a hard mode clear done asap.

Also we should do a practice run on Aetheon, we should still have the checkpoint there right?

Yeah, I knew the oracles wouldn't wipe if you got the relic out, but I didn't think the portal could come up in time. According to the other group that got flawless yesterday, it is possible to do.

Edit: Flawless trophy will only take ~1 hour. Next run is the run. I believe.

Still pretty confused about this theory. How do you make sure only one person gets teleported the first time?

And how does it make teleporting safer the afterwards? Do you mean we keep the relic on the other side to help cleanse the people that go through the portal?

Still pretty confused about this theory. How do you make sure only one person gets teleported the first time?

And how does it make teleporting safer the afterwards? Do you mean we keep the relic on the other side to help cleanse the people that go through the portal?

From what I notice, if no one activates the sync plates when the atheon battle begins, atheon will not teleport anyone. I also think no one has to die as well getting to him. There could be a few rounds where no one gets teleports and over X rounds, ~1 person will be teleported. After the ~1 person is teleported, every round after that, the proper amount of people will be teleported.

edit: Guess I mixed up the sync plates and getting to atheon with no one deaths :p

Zakalwe

Banned

You're definitely confused. :p

You're not trying to get one person teleported. This is what happens:

When you get to Atheon with 0 deaths a set of glitches tend to happen (almost guaranteed).

1. He'll teleport 0 players. This can happen once or it can happen a few times in a row. If this happens you wait it out, kill supplicants, and dps Atheon as best you can.

2. He'll teleport only 1 player. If this happens you have to try to solo while others get the portal open and rush through to help. Instead of doing that, it seems you can simply rush out with the relic and play it safe.

After he teleports 1, if you survive, it (for us at least) always resets to teleporting 3 and you can carry on as normal.

ethomaz

Banned

It Is a workaround to not lost the flawless trophy if the game glitches and teleport only one guy.

PS. The game glitches a lot... one guy teleported is more common than acceptable.

Deku Tree

It's really horrible how totally bugged the final Atheon encounter in the game is... And it's funny how do many people are finding interesting strategies to get passed the terrible bugs.... And it's really sad that Bungie is fixing non-bugs in the encounter because their mad at the player base for cheesing and in the process they create worse and bigger encounter destroying glitches.

From what I notice, if no one activates the sync plates when the atheon battle begins, atheon will not teleport anyone. I also think no one has to die as well getting to him. There could be a few rounds where no one gets teleports and over X rounds, ~1 person will be teleported. After the ~1 person is teleported, every round after that, the proper amount of people will be teleported.

edit: Guess I mixed up the sync plates and getting to atheon with no one deaths :p

Huh, I had not noticed that. Our group is trying to kill Atheon on hard, but since we're all 29s it's really hard. Maybe if we don't get teleported for a few round and are able to dump on him for a bit with Icebreakers we can do a bit of damage to make it easier. Will still have to deal with the suplicants though...

Huh, I had not noticed that. Our group is trying to kill Atheon on hard, but since we're all 29s it's really hard. Maybe if we don't get teleported for a few round and are able to dump on him for a bit with Icebreakers we can do a bit of damage to make it easier. Will still have to deal with the suplicants though...

You have to make it to Atheon without any deaths for that to occur. Sorry if I somehow confused you more. if you guys need help, I can assist later on today. The issues is without any teleports, killing Atheon will take much longer eps for lvl29 on hard. If that happens he will enrage and summon alot of suplicants on crack, which moves extremely fast and come out of the walls as well. And its game over.

noomi

Getting real frustrated with Atheon on hard mode. Tried with 5 different groups through lfg and we just can't down him. Can't come close, need more 30's I guess....

Will be trying again tonight for one last time after work before the reset, I'll probably ask around here if anyone is interested in a couple of hours.

ethomaz

Banned
Getting real frustrated with Atheon on hard mode. Tried with 5 different groups through lfg and we just can't down him. Can't come close, need more 30's I guess....

Will be trying again tonight for one last time after work before the reset, I'll probably ask around here if anyone is interested in a couple of hours.
If my Titan alt reaches 30 until night I will be glad to help...

darkwing

I've only had the weapon in my hands for 15 minutes, so this is just based on first impressions. But I really like the feel of this thing. Yet whenever people common on this sniper it seems to be quite heavily panned.

Curious as to why? It's amazingly stable and has some interesting perks, and it's arc.

Feedback? I'm thinking of levelling this up (bought one from Xur and then two more dropped today, I think RNG is telling me something)

Thoughts?

The only thing bad about this gun is that it is not Ice Breaker

You have to make it to Atheon without any deaths for that to occur. Sorry if I somehow confused you more. if you guys need help, I can assist later on today. The issues is without any teleports, killing Atheon will take much longer eps for lvl29 on hard. If that happens he will enrage and summon alot of suplicants on crack, which moves extremely fast and come out of the walls as well. And its game over.

Oh ok. I had missed that this is exclusively for flawless.

Ah, we're just trying to get some raid gear. The raid has been really stingy with us, only ass mats and cosmetics. I participated in a hard raid with a couple of 30s and we managed to get to Atheon but didn't have time to kill him.

I shared the checkpoint with my regular group just to see if we could kill him and get something, but we haven't managed so far.

Anyone down for fresh run of raid on Normal this morning starting around 9-930am Central (3-330pm UK time I think??, daylight savings throws me off)

I've run it with my 30 and 29 this week, still need to do a quick run on my 28. I can do the raid in my sleep, so I'd prefer experienced players, but all are welcome. In case you're wondering, I just don't bother with hard mode much anymore b/c it's mostly a waste of my time since the only drop I would use would be the helmet, and even then I don't NEED it on any character to get to 30.

XboxOne - LifeExpectancy

1. Life

Tekku

Ever since the PS4 2.0 update I've been having some serious connection issues. Lots of "contacting Destiny servers" messages on screen. I don't know wth has happened.

Anyone else having this issue?

ethomaz

Banned
Ever since the PS4 2.0 update I've been having some serious connection issues. Lots of "contacting Destiny servers" messages on screen. I don't know wth has happened.

The drops seems the same since Destiny launch for me... I guess it is Bungie side (when they post patchs the drops are more constants).

phen0m24

Had one or two the last two nights. One during a Nightfall and one patrolling. Frustrating for sure.

wbarreda

Anyone down for fresh run of raid on Normal this morning starting around 9-930am Central (3-330pm UK time I think??, daylight savings throws me off)

I've run it with my 30 and 29 this week, still need to do a quick run on my 28. I can do the raid in my sleep, so I'd prefer experienced players, but all are welcome. In case you're wondering, I just don't bother with hard mode much anymore b/c it's mostly a waste of my time since the only drop I would use would be the helmet, and even then I don't NEED it on any character to get to 30.

XboxOne - LifeExpectancy

1. Life

I have a checkpoint at atheon but I am willing to start from the beginning

Flawless runs happening today? I'll be ready in 1 hour. Need to clear my head after too much drinking at the PAX after party.

We tried to get a group going a little bit ago but didn't have enough people. Right now we've got a group of 6 scheduled to meet at 2:30pm EST. If anyone has to drop out and you can meet then, definitely let us know.

Around 2 est

Talked with some folks earlier and right now the lineup is:

1.) Me
2.) Matt
3.) Cyborg
4.) Astro
5.) Dhruv
6.) Steroyd

If anyone can't make it just send us a PSN message or post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom