• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

In my experience even Mythoclast drops more frequent. I think I saw it dropping in 3 Raids (one for yours truly).

I finally got that last week and I didn't even want it. But it's been fun during farming. Love the sound of it and the way it feels. I'm trying to get to the upgraded batteries so it doesn't run out of ammo so quickly.

Tovarisc

I finally got that last week and I didn't even want it. But it's been fun during farming. Love the sound of it and the way it feels. I'm trying to get to the upgraded batteries so it doesn't run out of ammo so quickly.

I have gotten 2 Mythos, I didn't even want or hunt it, while raid groups member who REALLY wants it doesn't have gotten it. Even few others who didn't hunt for Mytho have gotten it before this "Mytho hunter".

RNG is funny thing :D

Hzoltan69

Anyone for a hard raid? Ideally I'd start from the oracle part (if anyone has the checkpoint), but open for any other option.

I'm on PS4

PSN: Hzoltan969

SkylineRKR

I put it on the back burner. Got Zen Moment and halfway through the other. I first focus on Patience and Time, Pocket Infinity and even Red Death (I think I like that shield regen perk). Mythoclast makes an awesome sound and feels powerful, but it really isn't all that currently imo.

Well almost done with my alt, then double bounties. Should make it less painful.

LiK

I have gotten 2 Mythos, I didn't even want or hunt it, while raid groups member who REALLY wants it doesn't have gotten it. Even few others who didn't hunt for Mytho have gotten it before this "Mytho hunter".

RNG is funny thing :D

Yea, I wanted VoC or Fatebringer or even Thunderlord. Nope.

raindoc

Ever since the PS4 2.0 update I've been having some serious connection issues. Lots of "contacting Destiny servers" messages on screen. I don't know wth has happened.

Anyone else having this issue?

Had at least 1 KTO or complete disconnect/hour in the second-third week of october. About one week (or rather just the weekend) prior to the update things suddenly ran smooth - until the update(s).
now I get KTO/disconnected every other hour AND usually I need to restart the PS4 to get back online. Destiny crashes every online feature of my console: no messaging, no party chat, not even looking at my friends-list is possible.
But still: it only happens while playing Destiny. BF4, Shadow of Mordor, Netflix, etc. work all fine and ihaveno issues at all.

It's not a hard fight. The only thing that causes it to be hard are the glitches / bugs that got a pass when people could cheese him because "lol he fell off".

I honestly think they know all of the glitches. I do believe them when they say they play. The developers / DeeJ I mean, not QA :).

Maybe, but how many of them are running multiple flawless attempts to really see the glitches you guys are seeing? They are probably "playing" the raid like most people, jumping in for a couple of hours during down time. Maybe farming mats, leveling alts and only doing hard raid once a week. If I had to guess, QA is probably playing the normal stuff on the new DLC before it goes gold. I'm sure they know of some of the raid glitches, but compiling a clean list may help if they've missed anything.

Loomba

I got a Gjallarhorn from a Legendary Engram like 2 weeks ago. I don't even use it, I use Hazens Vengeance and Suros instead....

I'm I missing out?

SkylineRKR

I got a Gjallarhorn from a Legendary Engram. I don't even use it, I use Hazens Vengeance and Suros instead....

I'm I missing out?

Gjallerhorn with wolfpack rounds put it far and beyond any other RL out there. In no other weapon class the difference is that big.

Hard VoG is possible with a squad without it, done it, but a Horn or 3 does make it more bearable.

Rixxan

I dont really get the crucible hate tbh - Ive (successfully) played every COD iteration since MW1 and am having more fun in Destiny than i have with COD in a couple years.

So much so that im skipping AW

dunno guess i'm in the minority on this one

Hey thanks for that, I was thinking if you're online we could get some other players together and get one or two practice runs down to see how we go.

Or if anyone needs to do the raid and is short on players, we can help them. Either way, more practice for us.
Yeah I will be able to do some raids in ~3 hours.

The Chef

I have about 3d of Crucible playtime and I've had a single Exotic drop (MIDA).

Had such a great Raid run last night.
Light of the Great Prisim Titan Mark
Kabr's Forceful Greaves
and Corrective Measure Machine Gun.
Time before this I got the Atheon's Epilogue. So stoked.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got a Gjallarhorn from a Legendary Engram like 2 weeks ago. I don't even use it, I use Hazens Vengeance and Suros instead....

I'm I missing out?

I don't even...

In other news, people going into hard mode without, at least, maxed weapons, makes me cry inside. I know I've complained before, but I'm getting a bit tired of people coming in with un-upgraded weapons. Some guy over the weekend had NOT EVEN ONE upgrade on his VoC. We asked him to change to his normal guns, and he says "this is all I have." Alright.

LiK

I dont really get the crucible hate tbh - Ive (successfully) played every COD iteration since MW1 and am having more fun in Destiny than i have with COD in a couple years.

I like Crucible. It's the most fun for me now. Every other mode bores me now including the broken ass Raid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

we might be in the minority sure but I agree. just can't get into the basic military shooters anymore at all. the exotic limitation actually keeps it really interesting for me as I think of new builds to try. I like the "everything is OP" approach to it, people say that it's dominated by cheap kills and one-shots I guess, but there are actually a pretty fair number of totally different ways to succeed and options available to all classes. it's ridiculous, sure, I guess it isn't "serious" pvp whatever that is supposed to be these days, but also fun as hell which is what i care about.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone for a hard raid? Ideally I'd start from the oracle part (if anyone has the checkpoint), but open for any other option.

I'm on PS4

PSN: Hzoltan969

Why do people fear the confluxes? It's my favorite part of the raid. Nothing but killing.

LiK

we might be in the minority sure but I agree. just can't get into the basic military shooters anymore at all. the exotic limitation actually keeps it really interesting for me as I think of new builds to try. I like the "everything is OP" approach to it, people say that it's dominated by cheap kills and one-shots I guess, but there are actually a pretty fair number of totally different ways to succeed and options available to all classes. it's ridiculous, sure, I guess it isn't "serious" pvp whatever that is supposed to be these days, but also fun as hell which is what i care about.

Playing with a good group makes PVP shine. I think if people strictly play with randoms then it becomes annoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Playing with a good group makes PVP shine. I think if people strictly play with randoms then it becomes annoying.
oh undoubtedly. I basically don't play control at all, and can tolerate clash with randoms, while I'll never play skirmish or salvage with randoms. I just can't make it work. but my favorites are rumble and skirmish/salvage with a group, it can really be a blast.

which reminds me I didn't get to squeeze in any salvage this weekend, grrr damnit.

The whole grimoire systems is terrible. Not only do you have zero access to it, in game, the effects from leveling grimoire are almost un detectable during game play as well. So many times I would be like... uhh I thought I had the resource buff on this planet, why am I only getting one helium over and over. "checks app, looks at grimoire, ye perk unlocked" Ok, what is the point? It needs a huge buff. With the grimoire bonus, every node should be dropping 3-5 and the mega chests should drop 50. In a game rife with unnecessary progress gates to artificially extend "gameplay", the planetary mats farming is the worst. It makes the loot cave seem like a blockbuster action movie.

Oh, I agree completely. When I say "2 mats per drop minimum" I'm shooting for the lowest reasonable improvement just because I'm not optimistic about them changing it at all anytime soon. I really like when grimoire progress notifications pop up during play, it's such a shame that the full extent of that system isn't incorporated in-game. There's a lot of cool stuff/potential there.

This is my biggest issue (just ahead of lag). I'll never play crucible again with randoms, just not fun for me. But I'd definitely be up for some matches if people around here are trying to get groups together.

Lima

I'm I missing out?

Are we talking PvE? If so what the hell is wrong with you. The Suros is a piece of shit now in PvE.

anyone? is there a crucible only thread or something? - Feel like these isnt much pvp discussion in here :eek:

i will accept thy challenge

6f48621b447a19bbf2e4d5152d4208f1.png

i only lose in rumble when i play too passively. is why i don't like maps that are too segmented

Zakalwe

Banned
sorry to say but i don't think many care as the PvP is broken like BF4(melee post mortems anyone?) and not really worth getting into beyond grinding out a few bounties. If the end of round rewards would be given out for performance there would be more incentive in doing good.

Shouldn't need incentive to do good in pvp, imo.

The problem is and always has been the terrible lag and hit delay.

oh undoubtedly. I basically don't play control at all, and can tolerate clash with randoms, while I'll never play skirmish or salvage with randoms. I just can't make it work. but my favorites are rumble and skirmish/salvage with a group, it can really be a blast.

which reminds me I didn't get to squeeze in any salvage this weekend, grrr damnit.

i was going to invite you to the GoDsQuAd but you hopped into patrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom