• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

Maxed Suros is fine for PVE. POS is quite an exaggeration.

No. It takes up your exotic slot and for sustained DPS there are multiple better guns in the game and all of them are legendary. There is absolutely no reason to use a Suros in PvE after the crit damage modifier patch or any AR really.

foxdvd

What's the minimum level requirement for joining someone's Weekly Heroic strike?

I want to carry my friend's alt for him to get coins.

I am not sure, but I think for the low level weekly you have to at least be 20 to join or start a weekly. The level 28 version requires I think level 24. This is for joining or starting....

Shouldn't need incentive to do good in pvp, imo.

The problem is and always has been the terrible lag and hit delay.

i only really put effort into PvP when i play Deathmatch and need to win 3 games. If the top player would be rewarded with a mote of light or a guaranteed engram or atleast a higher percentage chance of getting rewards it would be more fun to actually try to be the best.

now there really is no point as you can just as well hunt for silly melee+grenade+postmortem bounties instead of playing properly for all rounds :p

and the lag+hit detection makes sure you can't really play seriously as you can't trust the game to work accurately.

RNGesus be praised.

My Warlock hit 20 yesterday morning. I had a purple helmet and chest waiting for him in the vault, which got him to 22.

Ran a single Tiger Strike, and only got 1 blue engram out of it. Which was decoded into purple legs.

Next Tiger strike got me a pair of blue gloves. So I ended up at level 25.

Had someone help me through the Nightfall, and I got what I imagine will be a great PvP shotgun.

The clip size is only 4, but it has
On kill gain bonus damage
On kill gain extra ammo directly to the magazine

Zakalwe

Banned
No. It takes up your exotic slot and for sustained DPS there are multiple better guns in the game and all of them are legendary. There is absolutely no reason to use a Suros in PvE after the crit damage modifier patch or any AR really.

For Hardmode raid, sure. Good to maximise dps.

For literally anything else in the game you can use whatever you enjoy. Regime is perfectly fine in pve.

Deku Tree

Just got my alt warlock to level 20 and then boom 29.
I will be looking for a normal raid group to start at around 9PM est.
would love another chance to reach 30 before the reset.

Trakan

Shouldn't need incentive to do good in pvp, imo.

The problem is and always has been the terrible lag and hit delay.

This is the first game in a while where I feel lag and hit detection are not a problem like in COD or BF. There is the occasional player who is ice skating across the map and is untouchable, but that's only happened a handful of times.

I do think the PVP has some serious balance issues though. ARs and shotguns need a huge nerf. Bungie needs to keep PVE and PVP separate and make other guns worth using. When's the last time anyone used or even got killed by a pulse rifle? It's ridiculous.

LiK

i will accept thy challenge

6f48621b447a19bbf2e4d5152d4208f1.png

i only lose in rumble when i play too passively. is why i don't like maps that are too segmented

Was waiting for you to post. You and Tstrider are absolute PVP monsters. Some day, I'll invite you both into my Skirmish team
and I can rack up Assist bounties very easily.

Bizazedo

I dont really get the crucible hate tbh - Ive (successfully) played every COD iteration since MW1 and am having more fun in Destiny than i have with COD in a couple years.

So much so that im skipping AW

dunno guess i'm in the minority on this one

I guess it isn't "serious" pvp whatever that is supposed to be these days, but also fun as hell which is what i care about.

Same. Love the Crucible, mainly once I learned how to play it properly. Not a huge fan of Clash (I keep getting Bastion!) without a team and want a team on Salvage, etc., but I still love it.

i.e., add me for PS4 pvp goodness, Bizazedo.

Well.....it does stagger. There's that. But, yeah, the Exotic slot is better used with G-horn or Ice Breaker or something.

Lima

I like the conflux part - it's a lot of fun.

It's routine now, same as the oracles. Every time I play it I'm in a zombie like state. So utterly boring. Then again after over 60 clears everything in this raid is. I can't wait for the new one.

Hoodbury

Got Lord High Fixer for my 9th birthday with the Crucible. Has crappy perks though, Zen Moment and Grenadier. I already have Thorn, should I dismantle it?

phen0m24

we might be in the minority sure but I agree. just can't get into the basic military shooters anymore at all. the exotic limitation actually keeps it really interesting for me as I think of new builds to try. I like the "everything is OP" approach to it, people say that it's dominated by cheap kills and one-shots I guess, but there are actually a pretty fair number of totally different ways to succeed and options available to all classes. it's ridiculous, sure, I guess it isn't "serious" pvp whatever that is supposed to be these days, but also fun as hell which is what i care about.

I was going to ask if any of you were getting AW. I told my buddy I would get it because he played Destiny with me, but all I want to do is
dance
raid

Bizazedo

I do think the PVP has some serious balance issues though. ARs and shotguns need a huge nerf. Bungie needs to keep PVE and PVP separate and make other guns worth using. When's the last time anyone used or even got killed by a pulse rifle? It's ridiculous.
I dunno, I don't want to dream of a fusion rifle filled future.

And I think pulse rifles can work at distance, but the maps.....

Temidien

Neo Member
I know it pales in comparison to what other people have but I finally got around to checking my playtime in Destiny and I've logged 104 hours, 77 of that on one character. The game has problems, I wish the story was better presented with world-building elements being more fleshed out, some of Bungie's patching decisions make me scratch my head, but overall I have this to say of Destiny 100 hours in:

It's been a hell of a ride and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

Going into November I'll be spending plenty of time with new games but Destiny will continue to get my attention with raids/weeklies/chest grinds as we await DLC releases.

KodaRuss

I don't even...

In other news, people going into hard mode without, at least, maxed weapons, makes me cry inside. I know I've complained before, but I'm getting a bit tired of people coming in with un-upgraded weapons. Some guy over the weekend had NOT EVEN ONE upgrade on his VoC. We asked him to change to his normal guns, and he says "this is all I have." Alright.

So I was doing a hard mode clear on my alt with a group from the destiny forums. They were pretty good and we didn't have any problems. One guy who was also playing on his alt would dismantle a couple things after every other loot drop or so.

Didn't think anything of it until he starting dying and we kept wiping on the gatekeepers... Then we all noticed it, Dude put on your regular gear on you are level 28, your raid gear isn't upgraded yet.

"Oh I can't, dismantled the legendaries i had to equip my new raid gear"

Silence from the rest of us....

LiK

For Hardmode raid, sure. Good to maximise dps.

For literally anything else in the game you can use whatever you enjoy. Regime is perfectly fine in pve.

Yea, I've been doing fine in Weekly NFs and lvl 28 Strikes with a maxed Suros. I also use it in the Raids all the time without any issues (as you may know). Unless I get the VoC, I'll still use the Suros as my main.

I've moved on to using a SP as my main in PVP tho. Even without Field Scout, I can still beat the shit outta guys with it.

Tovarisc

I dont really get the crucible hate tbh - Ive (successfully) played every COD iteration since MW1 and am having more fun in Destiny than i have with COD in a couple years.

So much so that im skipping AW

dunno guess i'm in the minority on this one

I don't hate Crucible, I hate abysmal performance game gives me 9 times out of 10. Broken hit detection, kill trade frequency, people killing you after you have blasted them to hell and only die after the fact etc.

Destiny has abysmally bad matchmaking that puts people into same lobbies from different continents etc. causing a lot of these issues because high latencies between players.

Geneijin

So I was doing a hard mode clear on my alt with a group from the destiny forums. They were pretty good and we didn't have any problems. One guy who was also playing on his alt would dismantle a couple things after every other loot drop or so.

Didn't think anything of it until he starting dying and we kept wiping on the gatekeepers... Then we all noticed it, Dude put on your regular gear on you are level 28, your raid gear isn't upgraded yet.

:lol

Ah, I needed that laugh.

This is the first game in a while where I feel lag and hit detection are not a problem like in COD or BF. There is the occasional player who is ice skating across the map and is untouchable, but that's only happened a handful of times.

i see more hand cannons and scout rifles than ARs these days, but most people are still running around with shotguns and fusion rifles. fusions are way too accurate for the range they possess (charge time means nothing). they need to increase spread on fusion rifles, adjust the special ammo crate spawns, and limit the max ammo in heavy weapons. by no means all the necessary changes, but the outstanding issues as far as weapons go.

the other day i killed 3 people grabbing heavy ammo and enough ammo dropped afterwards to kill each of them for the remaining 8 minutes (to be precise, around 16 shots). if i died, i'd just pick up another one of the packs, which stayed there the whole game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's tedious and doesn't even give any loot.

I never realized that it doesn't give any loot. I've always done it as part of a full run so no opportunity to even skip it. It's easy and only takes about 10 minutes anyway.

ethomaz

Banned
I got a Gjallarhorn from a Legendary Engram like 2 weeks ago. I don't even use it, I use Hazens Vengeance and Suros instead....

I'm I missing out?
Definitely. It is the only Exotic you need to have.

It is the only Godsend weapon in the game for PVE... you can kill Atheon on Hard with few shots (I mean 7-8 shots)... it eats Praetorian lvl 30 like level 1 enemies (plus kills all the others add close to the Praetorian).

Gjallarhorn = Very easy mode.

Atheon's Epilogue says hi when doing the raid.

EL CUCO

Dude put on your regular gear on you are level 28, your raid gear isn't upgraded yet.

I don't think I'd be able to keep silent on something like that lol

Probably be like "well then, we need 29's or higher" **boot player**

LiK

I never realized that it doesn't give any loot. I've always done it as part of a full run so no opportunity to even skip it. It's easy and only takes about 10 minutes anyway.

The longest 10 min ever. Altho it's a great time to bullshit with my Raid crew. I've gotten to know them very well during that time.

So yea, it's a great part to have a conversation, haha

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was going to ask if any of you were getting AW. I told my buddy I would get it because he played Destiny with me, but all I want to do is
dance
raid

I skipped it but I might pick it up. There's really not much for me to do in Destiny anymore until the new raid.

I don't have an emote with eyes big enough to express my incredulousness at that statement.

I played a fair bit of pvp before I stopped altogether (Will probably go back for the new IB) and I have never once been in a single match where I didn't see at least one impossible situation due to lag.

Purely getting on to do the nightfall now and weekly now on my 3 hunters. I have enough raid gear where I can just but an exotic chest and level it up to be 30 for the new raid.

Trakan

i see more hand cannons and scout rifles than ARs these days, but most people are still running around with shotguns and fusion rifles. fusions are way too accurate for the range they possess (charge time means nothing). they need to increase spread on fusion rifles, adjust the special ammo crate spawns, and limit the max ammo in heavy weapons. by no means all the necessary changes, but the outstanding issues as far as weapons go.

the other day i killed 3 people grabbing heavy ammo and enough ammo dropped afterwards to kill each of them for the remaining 8 minutes (to be precise, around 16 shots). if i died, i'd just pick up another one of the packs, which stayed there the whole game.

I still see ARs for days, but I agree with everything you said. Heavy ammo shouldn't get dropped for your whole team if you're all standing near it, either.

I don't have an emote with eyes big enough to express my incredulousness at that statement.

I played a fair bit of pvp before I stopped altogether (Will probably go back for the new IB) and I have never once been in a single match where I didn't see at least one impossible situation due to lag.

Melees are fucked, that's for sure. I stay out of melee range as much as I can. When I refer to lag, I mean I don't get killed around corners or screwed as in I felt I should have killed the guy and he got away. I do think kill trades and weird post mortems happen too often, but I don't know if that's lag or shitty programming. Halo 2's melees were fine and then they fucked it up for Halo 3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dance
raid
nah no interest in CoD or really even battlefield anymore :(
i see more hand cannons and scout rifles than ARs these days, but most people are still running around with shotguns and fusion rifles. fusions are way too accurate for the range they possess (charge time means nothing). they need to increase spread on fusion rifles, adjust the special ammo crate spawns, and limit the max ammo in heavy weapons.
increasing the fusion spread would be a fair change even though I enjoy how much of a counter they are to ARs at present. with the special weapon crates, I feel like the dynamic of getting them even when full to deny ammo to others, as well as their spawns loosely driving encounters, isn't so bad, but a lower rate of spawns wouldn't upset me either.

absolutely ridiculous.
That just sounds like your reward for managing to kill 3 people who all had heavy ammo on them!

Karl Hawk

Banned
It's tedious and doesn't even give any loot.

Last time I did it, I got Final Verdict.

Unfortunately enough, I couldn't manage to defeat Atheon on normal few weeks ago due to not having a Defender Titan (Because the splash damage were too powerful for the relic shield to handle, apparently) and the bugs and glitches that hurt my fireteam.

And now with less friends playing Destiny, I doubt that I'll be able to even finish VoG.

LiK

I still see ARs for days, but I agree with everything you said. Heavy ammo shouldn't get dropped for your whole team if you're all standing near it, either.

Yea, ARs still exist but far less after the nerf. I don't even see the Suros that much anymore. But SRs and FRs have grown in popularity. Gawd, I hate FRs.

Yeah heavy is dumb right now. I can get 10 kills with a machine gun if I don't push my luck. Plenty to last till the next heavy spawn so basically you can use a heavy for more than half the game if you're on point. Even if you mess up people that you've killed with heavy ammo drop theirs and you can keep it up after you respawn.

Heavy ammo spawn with a Truth is like having access to 4 Nova Bombs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Heavy ammo shouldn't get dropped for your whole team if you're all standing near it, either.
well I definitely disagree with that. crucial part of the flow of a match when teams are playing well.
Same. Love the Crucible, mainly once I learned how to play it properly. Not a huge fan of Clash (I keep getting Bastion!) without a team and want a team on Salvage, etc., but I still love it.

i.e., add me for PS4 pvp goodness, Bizazedo.
I really don't think I'll ever come around on Bastion and First Light. Outside of Control, I've made my piece with every other map and enjoy more than half of them.

edit: In the end for all the crap slung at Bungie the AR nerf was effective at diminishing their ubiquity in the Crucible without making them a bad choice. Hand Cannons and Scout Rifles are undoubtedly more prevalent than they were before, but a SUROS Regime, Grim Citizen or Galahad-E can still work 'em silly with even decent headshot accuracy. If any weapon class is next on the list for nerfs it is certainly Fusion Rifles

Pulse Rifles are still inexplicable to me
Yeah heavy is dumb right now. I can get 10 kills with a machine gun if I don't push my luck. Plenty to last till the next heavy spawn so basically you can use a heavy for more than half the game if you're on point. Even if you mess up people that you've killed with heavy ammo drop theirs and you can keep it up after you respawn.

I think they should tweak the amounts granted per pickup like Zoba said. getting to and fighting over the heavy ammo spawns is a an enjoyable dynamic for me

LiK

In loving the Ballerhorn for PVP. It makes it so much more fun lol

Trakan

well I definitely disagree with that. crucial part of the flow of a match when teams are playing well.

I can use my Corrective Measure from one Heavy Ammo spawn to the next. If the whole team can do that, there's a problem. Not everyone got rockets in Halo. It should be the person who picks it up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah wizards. Though after getting the praetorian foil, I can't use any other solar fusion rifle, not even pocket infinity. The foil destroys wizards and solar shielded cabal.
hmmmmm I'll have to have a go with this thing if I get it one day.

Definitely. It is the only Exotic you need to have.

It is the only Godsend weapon in the game for PVE... you can kill Atheon on Hard with few shots (I mean 7-8 shots)... it eats Praetorian lvl 30 like level 1 enemies (plus kills all the others add close to the Praetorian).

Gjallarhorn = Very easy mode.

Okay this is overstating it a bit, but it and icebreaker are your PvE essentials. Lol

Atheon needs way more than 7-8 rockets from a level 30 to die (The actual number is closer to 20), and it typically does not one shot level 30 Praetorians, even if the shield is down, due to the stupid healing effect thing that will happen while the wolfpack rounds are hitting it.

That being said it's nuts and I'm sure they will nerf the damage of wolfpack rounds but may as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Tovarisc

I can use my Corrective Measure from one Heavy Ammo spawn to the next. If the whole team can do that, there's a problem. Not everyone got rockets in Halo. It should be the person who picks it up.

Good heavy weapon play is same as good super play. Team can snowball it from spawn to spawn, from super to super and enemy team is doomed to lose by huge margin.

A lot of shit in Crucible can snowball to ridiculous degrees and become almost impossible trains to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom