• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

i would tweak the drop of the heavy spawns to maybe 2 players per team, but the spawn rate should be left alone - and the map control dynamic of fighting for the spawns is a great gameplay element

also agree that im seeing a ton of handcannons and scout rifles these days, the AR dominated era is over, imo - sure the Suros is still one of the top 5 options, but why is that a problem? IMO The Last Word is easily the strongest PVP gun in the game, at least for the smaller maps.
And count me in on the contingent that thinks fusion rifles need a small nerf, increasing the spread would probably do the trick - theres no way they should be as one-shot deadly from the range that they are.

But yeah i love the crucible - hope the trials of osiris end up being a challenge

Melees are fucked, that's for sure. I stay out of melee range as much as I can. When I refer to lag, I mean I don't get killed around corners or screwed as in I felt I should have killed the guy and he got away. I do think kill trades and weird post mortems happen too often, but I don't know if that's lag or shitty programming. Halo 2's melees were fine and then they fucked it up for Halo 3.

It's really apparent in any one hit KO situation. I usually run a shogun secondary and the situation where I fire a single time in 1hko range and the enemy lives for a second or two (killing me half the time) and then dies happens almost every match.

heavy ammo is the only thing that creates map movement at the moment. without the team dynamic, there'd be little reason to push for them since the maps are lacking in desirable positions.

they should lower the amount dropped and then relocate the poorly positioned ones to contestable locations. that would create more interesting battles without simply handing one team 20 rockets.

firebase delphi's probably the worst offender for this. good luck getting heavy ammo if you spawn at C.

Rixxan

If someone has a heavy on the opposite team, for example if i know i miss the spawns - ill play more passive, analyze the threats - maybe pop my super to drop them

its all part of the game, if you blindly attack an enemy player who has heavy you are just asking for it

ethomaz

Banned
Okay this is overstating it a bit, but it and icebreaker are your PvE essentials. Lol

Atheon needs way more than 7-8 rockets from a level 30 to die (The actual number is closer to 20), and it typically does not one shot level 30 Praetorians, even if the shield is down, due to the stupid healing effect thing that will happen while the wolfpack rounds are hitting it.

That being said it's nuts and I'm sure they will nerf the damage of wolfpack rounds but may as well enjoy it while it lasts.
Healing effect? I never saw that... it kills or at least left close to kill a Praetorian lvl 30 from what I saw.

Seems like way less than 20 shots for Atheon Hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKEaGBHVW4

LiK

heavy ammo is the only thing that creates map movement at the moment. without the team dynamic, there'd be little reason to push for them since the maps are lacking in desirable positions.

they should lower the amount dropped and then relocate the poorly positioned ones to contestable locations. that would create more interesting battles without simply handing one team 20 rockets.

firebase delphi's probably the worst offender for this. good luck getting heavy ammo if you spawn at C.

I think they should also shorten the "Heavy Ammo Incoming" message time to when it actually appears. It allows too much camping of the Heavy Ammo Spots.

Altho they could alleviate this by making the spawn spots completely random.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i would tweak the drop of the heavy spawns to maybe 2 players per team, but the spawn rate should be left alone - and the map control dynamic of fighting for the spawns is a great gameplay element
I guess that would be okay, to reduce the overdominance, I just really like the reward of a team playing together, winning the spawn and waiting for others to activate the ammo
also agree that im seeing a ton of handcannons and scout rifles these days, the AR dominated era is over, imo - sure the Suros is still one of the top 5 options, but why is that a problem? IMO The Last Word is easily the strongest PVP gun in the game, at least for the smaller maps.
yeah I think there are a really solid number of gun classes and individual guns that are viable right now.
And count me in on the contingent that thinks fusion rifles need a small nerf, increasing the spread would probably do the trick - theres no way they should be as one-shot deadly from the range that they are.

But yeah i love the crucible - hope the trials of osiris end up being a challenge
Yeah I'm very curious about Osiris as well as the new IB.

ethomaz

Banned
Has anybody heard or witnessed Atheon on Hard (or Normal) dropping boots?
I got boots, chest and gloves on normal yesterday... first run with alt.

People say here Helm is only hard mode but my first Raid gear was the Helm and I needed it to reach lvl 29 to play hard... so I guess I got from normal too but I can't confirm.

I think they should also shorten the "Heavy Ammo Incoming" message time to when it actually appears. It allows too much camping of the Heavy Ammo Spots.

Altho they could alleviate this by making the spawn spots completely random.

you wouldn't be able to camp if they were more contestable.

shores of time B heavy is the best heavy spawn in the game for that reason. burning shrine also does it right

shem935

Banned

People say here Helm is only hard mode but my first Raid gear was the Helm and I needed it to reach lvl 29 to play hard... so I guess I got from normal too but I can't confirm.

(-_-)

Trakan

the AR dominated era is over, imo

Now this blows my mind. Even if you see them less, they're still the most used gun and also the easiest to use. They said they're nerfing the Suros, but I use a Shadow Price and personally feel it's better. They need another nerf.

TP-DK

Im a level 29 Hunter with an Atheon checkpoint. If anyone is up to kicking his ass 2-3 hours from now I would greatly appreciate it. My psn is redman_dk. On PS4.

Level 30 players is preffered.

Last time I did it, I got Final Verdict.

Unfortunately enough, I couldn't manage to defeat Atheon on normal few weeks ago due to not having a Defender Titan (Because the splash damage were too powerful for the relic shield to handle, apparently) and the bugs and glitches that hurt my fireteam.

And now with less friends playing Destiny, I doubt that I'll be able to even finish VoG.

Just post here and check destinylfg.net and you can always find a group.

A fellow insomniac Gaffer posted last night that he wanted to do his first raid, so we grabbed two more Gaffers and two rando's from lfg and busted out a quick raid, first full completion for most of them. Then I did a daily mission and some rando sent me an invite. Got to chatting, he had never done the raid, boom busted out another quick one (yep, that sounds bad).

We didn't cheese anyone, everyone worked together and cooperated and had a great time. Lots of raid vets here can help you get through in an hour or less.

LiK

You are literally the only person who said they got the helm in Normal.

Now this blows my mind. Even if you see them less, they're still the most used gun and also the easiest to use. They said they're nerfing the Suros, but I use a Shadow Price and personally feel it's better. They need another nerf.

No they don't. They don't overpower in 1v1 against good HCs and even FRs. They don't need another nerf unless you want them to be completely useless like with PRs.

So tired of people complaining about ARs being OP even when they aren't used as much these days anyway.

EL CUCO

Not once in any clear, but that could just be RNG.

I don't think I've ever seen Atheon drop armor except for Helmets on Hard.

Pretty sure the only piece of raid gear he can drop is the helmet on Hard.

This has been my experience as well. I'm down to the point where the only thing I want need from the Raid are boots 👢 I feel like a level 30 trapped in a 29's body lol

ethomaz

Banned
It is because when I first played Hard I needed only the boots (and Gloves but I had Sunbreakers so I just needed boots) and I remember my first raid gear was helm.

I posted here but I tried to grind the OT6 and got bored :D and I think it can be OT5, OT7, etc.

Goliath

Quick question. Right now I am fighting to get to level 30. Is there a Helm on normal Raid? Planet Destiny says the Cowl of Hezen Lord is there but others say only on hard. Any expert advice would be helpful. Also anybody down for hard raids psn friend me. I play after work and weekends.

Warlock 29: psn: Javy3

I despise the ones where only two people are teleported, or even better, people who are teleported get detained.
Or the effect of the -ammo bug every time we spawn.

The teleport/relic glitches are my main problems. The regain health problem is definitely a lag issue. It seems random and way less common so it's not too much of a deal.

I just want them to fix the teleporting back to three people so we're able to have a chance. Just fix the code for that as a priority. I can still deal with the rest.

I’m serious about submitting a bug report for the serious Raid bugs, so if anyone has anything to add or can provide videos of said bugs, please let me know. I know they are aware of some of these, but who knows, something like this may help the guys trying to fix things get more time or resources if the community is behind making these a priority.

So far:

#1 – Less than three people being teleported during Atheon encounter.

#2 – People teleported during the Atheon encounter are also detained.

#3 – Ammo being lost to the Architects during respawn and other loading areas.

Quick question. Right now I am fighting to get to level 30. Is there a Helm on normal Raid? Planet Destiny says the Cowl of Hezen Lord is there but others say only on hard. Any expert advice would be helpful. Also anybody down for hard raids psn friend me. I play after work and weekends.

Warlock 29: psn: Javy3

Haha how apropos. Most people will say it's only a hard drop. I've only seen it drop there, between almost 20 hard clears and 60 clears overall.

I’m serious about submitting a bug report for the serious Raid bugs, so if anyone has anything to add or can provide videos of said bugs, please let me know. .

Our flawless teams have a soul crushing amount of glitches, many of which I believe have been saved. I can go through my archives later tonight and try to upload some stuff to YTube if you are serious about it.

LiK

I’m serious about submitting a bug report for the serious Raid bugs, so if anyone has anything to add or can provide videos of said bugs, please let me know. I know they are aware of some of these, but who knows, something like this may help the guys trying to fix things get more time or resources if the community is behind making these a priority.

So far:

#1 – Less than three people being teleported during Atheon encounter.

#2 – People teleported during the Atheon encounter are also detained.

#3 – Ammo being lost to the Architects during respawn and other loading areas.

You should do that and also post in the Bungie forums. They seem to take complaints more seriously there.

i have gotten 3 of them, 2 of which I dismantled.

~_~

What the absolute hell? I'm farming helium on the moon for my fatebringer, along come these 3 players in a fireteam. Not only do they disrupt my farming route, but they sit idly by as I handle a defend warsat public event on my own.

They keep on farming while I take on waves after waves of fallen on my own, then decide to jump in and get the gold rating plus rewards at the very last moment.

Fuck these assholes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No they don't. They don't overpower in 1v1 against good HCs and even FRs. They don't need another nerf unless you want them to be completely useless like with PRs.

So tired of people complaining about ARs being OP even when they aren't used as much these days anyway.
The main thing is they have their niche now. They're still a very good choice often, they're just not literally the best choice at almost every possible engagement distance like they were before.

The Regime is still ridiculously deadly in the right hands but I'm not even really sure what you do to it. It's just a great gun, and costs your exotic slot. I don't expect ARs to be nerfed again in the short term, and at least not before fusion rifles.

I got the Universal Remote last week, and with upgrades I don't see the purpose of it. Was it nerfed? I've got better Legendary shotguns than this thing... If the Fire Rate or Range was higher it might be good.

Well you sure are dumb. You were aiming for the head when the UR is meant for body shots. I was making people rage quit in Rumble today. Can't believe how much Range this thing has when you land body shots. Guess when aiming for the head all that impact is lost.

Haha how apropos. Most people will say it's only a hard drop. I've only seen it drop there, between almost 20 hard clears and 60 clears overall.

Our flawless teams have a soul crushing amount of glitches, many of which I believe have been saved. I can go through my archives later tonight and try to upload some stuff to YTube if you are serious about it.

Yep, totally serious. That would be extremely helpful if you upload the videos. I just can't imagine there are many QA guys grinding away at flawless. They are probably onto the DLC.

You should do that and also post in the Bungie forums. They seem to take complaints more seriously there.

~_~

Sure will. Once we get a good list together I'll spam it all over.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Or, it's at least as possible as the guy on GAF who said his Last Word had a 12 shot magazine :p

LiK

The main thing is they have their niche now. They're still a very good choice often, they're just not literally the best choice at almost every possible engagement distance like they were before.

The Regime is still ridiculously deadly in the right hands but I'm not even really sure what you do to it. It's just a great gun, and costs your exotic slot. I don't expect ARs to be nerfed again in the short term, and at least not before fusion rifles.

Yea, I can still do well with the Suros. Not as good as prepatch but still well. But I've focused on keeping the Ballerhorn equipped now so it's the SP for me for most of PVP.

Trakan

For ease of use, yes, they should do less damage than they do now. Maybe the range is the problem. Shadow Price crits for 27 and has a ridiculous fire rate. It drops people in no time. "Not used as much" is subjective. I see them all the time and I easily die to them the most.

What the absolute hell? I'm farming helium on the moon for my fatebringer, along come these 3 players in a fireteam. Not only do they disrupt my farming route, but they sit idly by as I handle a defend warsat public event on my own.

They keep on farming while I take on waves after waves of fallen on my own, then decide to jump in and get the gold rating plus rewards at the very last moment.

Fuck these assholes.

Tap the touchpad button, hold triangle. I just bounce to orbit and re-enter to get away from the succubus(eseses)

Bizazedo

I still see ARs for days, but I agree with everything you said. Heavy ammo shouldn't get dropped for your whole team if you're all standing near it, either.
Eh, I agree with Hawkian. I like the team aspect and the risk of not picking it up and getting lit the F up by someone while you wait for team members to get close. I nova bombed three guys and gunned down a fourth on my alt who were huddling around the heavy, so I'm okay with it.

It does cause snowballs, though, you're right.

TLW seems great on small maps, but man does Hawkmoon do some work.

Yeah, AR's seem fine. I've been beat by HC's and I've been outranged my SR's (mostly VoC) on certain maps. It's the maps themselves and their insistence on boxes in the middle of hallways that screw weapon types more than AR's these days.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Or, it's at least as possible as the guy on GAF who said his Last Word had a 12 shot magazine :p
:p

That was what I remember... my first raid gear was warlock's helmet but I didn't played the hard until get to lvl 29... for lvl 29 I already had chest, gloves and helmet... just needed the boots to 30.

LiK

For ease of use, yes, they should do less damage than they do now. Maybe the range is the problem. Shadow Price crits for 27 and has a ridiculous fire rate. It drops people in no time. "Not used as much" is subjective. I see them all the time and I easily die to them the most.

I rarely die to ARs so I don't see it much of an issue in PVP. They're not THAT easy to use now since getting kills with them requires aiming for the head to do the best damage. Blatantly shooting from hip doesn't really do as much damage, imo.

What do you use for PVP? I'm curious why you find ARs so OP.

:p

That was what I remember... my first raid gear was warlock's helmet but I didn't played the hard until get to lvl 29... for lvl 29 I already had chest, gloves and helmet... just needed the boots to 30.

Are you sure that you didn't pop in on a Cheese of Atheon thinking it was normal, but it was actually hard? That's how I got my Helmet at least.

zewone

As far as PVP popularity usage, from my personal experience:

ARs>>>>>>>>>>>>Hand Cannons>>Scouts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pulse

ARs are still heavily prevalent.

realcZk

I rarely die to ARs so I don't see it much of an issue in PVP. They're not THAT easy to use now since getting kills with them requires aiming for the head to do the best damage. Blatantly shooting from hip doesn't really do as much damage, imo.

What do you use for PVP? I'm curious why you find ARs so OP.

SUROS is still insanely good for PvP. 100% stability and extra dmg while ADS plus last half of mag. One of the easiest guns to get headshots with in the game.

I still prefer Thorn/TLW/Fatebringer for PvP, especially Thorn, since you can snipe people across the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom