• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Destiny ot10 nevermind, suros is a waste of exotic slot
Well for PvE I prefer to have the Gjallarhorn over everything else for bosses... and Ice Breaker for missions.

And PvP it is good but I prefer others (and better) options like the TLW.

It is really a waste of slot... mine in on vault

grumble. hawkmoon is obviously the best and Timur's Lash belongs in there somewhere but I guess that's an okay list except hawkmoon is obviously the best.

what are timur's lash's main stats? a friend who had it said it was good but not great. was gonna put it above devil you know based on impact and range

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Send It (range) for sure. Perfect balance isn't needed.
The gun is literally as effective as a sniper rifle at range. If you can see someone, you can pop them.
Yes, no question. If you're using a hand cannon seriously you're accepting management of its recoil. Send It is an awesome mod.
What if an exotic Hand Cannon had Firefly?
You mean explosive rounds right? Firefly I don't think of as particularly great in PvP

I just want The Fatebringer, VoC, or even the Atheon's Epilogue.

Hopped into Atheon checkpoint on Normal to help a buddy out. Everyone got shards and I got Atheon's Epiloque.

My second!

There was rage, especially because one has been trying to get the Epilogue for a while.

RNG'd.

lunlunqq

Fatebringer is so good. Firefly is the most fun you can have with any weapon

My "this is an awesome gun" moment with Fatebringer is when I realized the explosion that results from a precision kill doesn't just damage surrounding enemies, the explosion also deals arc damage just like each shot does. SoGood.gif watching groups fizzle out of existence in the arc animation from a firefly explosion.

Rub it in... Rub it in some more, you guys... *angry fist :mad:

JB1981

So what constitutes a Resource Income Bonus and is it worthwhile to pay attention to the nearest bonuses on the Destiny companion app?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If anyone is doing a raid on XB1 today pls send me an invite.
At home all day.

29 Hunter
28 Warlock
28 Titan

Gamertag: Truelize

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
what are timur's lash's main stats? a friend who had it said it was good but not great. was gonna put it above devil you know based on impact and range

Cn0qD0o.png

wish more guns would get added to http://www.destinygundamage.info, it's awesome. i want all the info without doing the work!

edit: there are a ton of potential mod rolls for it though. some make it great and others don't work in its favor at all

What's the word on favorite/best heavy machine guns? I just bought The Swarm from the Vanguard Quartermaster and it does BEAST damage, though it has a low fire rate. Eats through adds and Oracles.

What's the word on favorite/best heavy machine guns? I just bought The Swarm from the Vanguard Quartermaster and it does BEAST damage, though it has a low fire rate. Eats through adds and Oracles.

thunderlord
jolder's hammer
corrective measure
the swarm
zombie apocalypse

can't go wrong with those

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahhh NOW you want gun damage info....

i see how it is....
lol fair enough. well, in my own defense, it still BASICALLY means nothing to me until I get my hands on Timur's Lash to see how it feels. I just knew it was a relatively excellent cannon and wanted to see how closely it compared

writing down numbers is so boring tho :X
My first legendary Machine gun, really never leaves my side unless it's for Gjallarhorn or to leverage a specific burn (my version is arc). It's wonderful in PvP too, gotta make your shots count but that's not hard.

the one found from the field is better as the magazine goes up to 60 rounds! But yeah, i prefer a steady firing one that does a ton of damage per shot.

Tovarisc

Corrective Measure [raid LMG] is beast mode with good fire rate and very high stability [perk]. Shreds through targets like they are paper, both in PvP and PvE.

Good stuff, all, thanks! I haven't seen much talk about HMGs, so wasn't sure what the word was.

My first legendary Machine gun, really never leaves my side unless it's for Gjallarhorn or to leverage a specific burn (my version is arc). It's wonderful in PvP too, gotta make your shots count but that's not hard.

Nice! I have a feeling I'll hang onto this guy for a while.

I personally love corrective measure because it's incredibly stable with 100 round magazine, 300 round capacity and "find more ammo" perk. I just got zombie apocalypse yesterday and that's pretty impressive as well. Thunderlord is a beast and is a lot of fun to use but it takes up an exotic slot

ahhh NOW you want gun damage info....

i see how it is....

Oh good, you're still playing. Didn't want to go away for the weekend and come back with no one to play with anymore... that is if the rumors that this game is dead are to be believed. Ha.

Anyway, you on tonight? If so, I'd be down to roll through all the bounties, etc.

And of course it's NF and heroic night tomorrow night.

Lastly, I need to hit the hard raid tonight just up through the Templar to see if I can get some raid armor and/or the Fatebringer to drop... or Praedyths Revenve... or VoC.

nowai

Hmm, no range stat? That's a major factor when it comes to damage output. Especially for handcannons.

Honestly, the way it's implemented in game doesn't make the stat all that useful. Aside from Thorn (which you can pretty much snipe with), the stat doesn't have much practical use.

For example, The Last Word has a terrible range stat, but in game, it lands shots equal to other hand cannons aside from Thorn and Hawkmoon.

Dante316

The only gun I wanted to use since beta was the last word, since then I have gotten
hawkmoon,
Vission of confluence
atheons epilogue
found verdict
Praedyths revenge
hezen Vengence
ghallarhorn
suros regime
fatebringer
thorn
bad juju
invective
ice breaker
Patience and time
pocket infinity
corrective meassure
the suprrmacy solar
Super good advice
light/beware arc
the devil you know
mida multi tool

Seems you only get stuff u dont really desire lol

realcZk

Oh good, you're still playing. Didn't want to go away for the weekend and come back with no one to play with anymore... that is if the rumors that this game is dead are to be believed. Ha.

Anyway, you on tonight? If so, I'd be down to roll through all the bounties, etc.

And of course it's NF and heroic night tomorrow night.

Lastly, I need to hit the hard raid tonight just up through the Templar to see if I can get some raid armor and/or the Fatebringer to drop... or Praedyths Revenve... or VoC.

yeah i might be on destiny briefly tonight, VoC can only drop from atheon though, but you won't need that pea shooter if you get the fatebringer

Awesome, thanks for taking the initiative. When our group gets together in a few hours I will talk to everybody about it and see what evidence we have. I'll go through my saved videos sometime tonight and get in touch with you.

Sure thing. I don't get a chance to help people raid as much as I'd like, so I figure this is something that I can give back. Let me know what they think. I'll probably separate the bugs into two categories: general and flawless.

I think we should avoid bugs like "splash damage while the whole team is inside the relic shield" that are buggy because we're using them outside of the normal intended usage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sure thing. I don't get a chance to help people raid as much as I'd like, so I figure this is something that I can give back. Let me know what they think. I'll probably separate the bugs into two categories: general and flawless.

I think we should avoid bugs like "splash damage while the whole team is inside the relic shield" that are buggy because we're using them outside of the normal intended usage.
It is a really great idea. And a definite better use of our resources to affect change than just mentioning the glitches in this thread. I also agree about the splash damage in the relic thing. I don't know if the center platform relic strategy is intended or not exactly, but either way, I have found that totally counterable by just avoiding the left wall and remaining still as the relic holder, so it's a lower priority.
Hmm, no range stat? That's a major factor when it comes to damage output. Especially for handcannons.
Mm. Timur's Lash certainly outclasses TDYK in range. It's very much in the Thorn family of HCs.

Yep, I agree about the splash damage. Some things like that, or the portals not porting if two people walk through at the same time, don't really bother me because they are predictable and simple to work around.

The insanely broken # of people teleported, enemies spawning in the wrong places inside the portal (like a hobgoblin spawning right next to the relic), a guy falling through the floor, etc.: Those are the serious problems. They very, very clearly didn't test the new patch for flawless runs because the glitches will reset to "normal buggy level" after a single wipe, which seems to let the update code load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom