• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have traded the fatebringer that I got this week for my raid boots.

I can understand the frustration of not getting the gear needed to get to lvl 30.
Thankfully I didnt have to suffer for too long.

I would never trade the fatebringer, its an awesome gun and I cant wait to get it maxed out.

Yep, I agree about the splash damage. Some things like that, or the portals not porting if two people walk through at the same time, don't really bother me because they are predictable and simple to work around.

The insanely broken # of people teleported, enemies spawning in the wrong places inside the portal (like a hobgoblin spawning right next to the relic), a guy falling through the floor, etc.: Those are the serious problems. They very, very clearly didn't test the new patch for flawless runs because the glitches will reset to "normal buggy level" after a single wipe, which seems to let the update code load.

Agreed on all of that. I'd love to see the guy falling through the floor thing - sounds like it would be funny if it wasn't a flawless attempt. Even if they did "fix" some those bugs, maybe there is a way for them to refresh the instance without wiping. There's plenty of downtime between finishing the gatekeepers and Atheon's first teleport.

ethomaz

Banned
I can understand the frustration of not getting the gear needed to get to lvl 30.
Thankfully I didnt have to suffer for too long.

I would never trade the fatebringer, its an awesome gun and I cant wait to get it maxed out.
It is weird how RNG works... my main char Warlock I needed three weeks to get the boots but yesterday I tried normal raid with my Titan alt and got all the armors except the helm in one run... now I have 3 raid gears to level up at the same time lol

Crazy.

Please RNGesus give lucky to my Hunter too... please.

Tovarisc

Th next iron banner will get alot of people to 30 i bet.

Double RNG tho in a sense.

• What parts you have gotten from VoG for class X?
  • What armor parts IB vendor is selling for class X?
You can get fucked over by that equation. Assuming IB vendor even will have 2 armor parts for every class this time, last time he didn't.

Milennia

Was there ever any video of cyborg1 (or anyone else) just falling through the floor to die during the Atheon fight?

I have it gonna put it in with the flawless video when we get it :p

I found 1 other video randomly on youtube as well but that was during gatekeepers
Gonna count it as a fluke

Tekku

Honestly, the way it's implemented in game doesn't make the stat all that useful. Aside from Thorn (which you can pretty much snipe with), the stat doesn't have much practical use.

For example, The Last Word has a terrible range stat, but in game, it lands shots equal to other hand cannons aside from Thorn and Hawkmoon.

Range affects the damage fall-off and probability of a long distance headshot. With a bad range stat you can lose up to 50% damage at longer ranges, which is a pretty big deal both in PvP and PvE. That's why The Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer are so popular among legendary users. They both have a very high damage output at longer ranges which enables you to play it more safely without losing damage potential.

ethomaz

Banned
Which is better for the Oracles phase in Hard Mode? Fully leveled Icebreaker or fully leveled Praedyth's Revenge?
Praedyth's Revenge with 25 ammo (my gears boost the ammo I guess).
It is good to deal with Minotaurs too.
The no recoil is a must.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Range affects the damage fall-off and probability of a long distance headshot. With a bad range stat you can lose up to 50% damage at longer ranges, which is a pretty big deal both in PvP and PvE. That's why The Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer are so popular among legendary users. They both have a very high damage output at longer ranges which enables you to play it more safely without losing damage potential.
Eek, yeah, see above- Timur's Lash has about twice the range of TDYK.

Bizazedo

This, pretty much. It's one reason why TLW is outdone by Hawkmoon on maps where longer ranges (and not even really big ranges, stuff like Shores of Time / Rusted, etc). Range matters.

On Firebase Delphi, though, as an example, TLW obliterates.

Cømet

Banned
To me they look too small caliber to qualify as heavy machine guns. Maybe calibers and how they go is different in world of space magic :b

Yeah I wouldn't call em HMG either, that's more Halo 3 mounted turret size I always thought.

EDIT: A part of me thinks they should split the ARs into two classes- proper ARs and SMGs. Shingens and the like, with the fire rate they have, should have shorter range and less impact, and then proper ARs can be left alone to do what ARs do in the real world- kick ass at nearly all ranges.

Been playing with Fatebringer a lot recently, now I have it on both my main and my alt. Awesome fun. Good clip size, good range, reload speed and fire rate, firefly is a super fun perk, arc damage primary.

Still gotta finish HM Atheon on both my characters tonight. Dunno how much success will be had, but it'd be nice to get the raid helmets for both so I can go back to enjoying the raid properly. Mythoclast would be nice too, love the noise it makes.

Which is better for the Oracles phase in Hard Mode? Fully leveled Icebreaker or fully leveled Praedyth's Revenge?

Depends on what strat you are doing. If everyone is just hanging back behind the spawn point and sniping them down, either one should be plenty. You can cover all 7 spawn points with 4 people, let alone 6, even on hard. Also, a maxed VoC is the bee's knees for that activity, in which case I would use IB as a supplement so you don't worry about ammo.

If you are staying down and doing it "legit" then still go with IB probably, unless you need your exotic for a Gjallahorn to deal with Minotaurs. On normal, a maxed IB will non-crit 1-shot hobbies.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've had a particularly good connection today. Played 10 rumble games. Scored game first every time and scored between 2.8-3.7.

Feels good when it works. :)

ethomaz

Banned
Depends on what strat you are doing. If everyone is just hanging back behind the spawn point and sniping them down, either one should be plenty. You can cover all 7 spawn points with 4 people, let alone 6, even on hard. Also, a maxed VoC is the bee's knees for that activity, in which case I would use IB as a supplement so you don't worry about ammo.

If you are staying down and doing it "legit" then still go with IB probably, unless you need your exotic for a Gjallahorn to deal with Minotaurs. On normal, a maxed IB will non-crit 1-shot hobbies.
Ohhhhhh I got now... yeap I agree.

Kill Oracles shooting from up platform = Ice Breaker
Oracles in teleport at Atheon = Praedyth's Revenge

In the Atheon battle Ice Breaker will be out of ammo before you reach half of the Oracles.

Ohhhhhh I got now... yeap I agree.

Kill Oracles shooting from up platform = Ice Breaker
Oracles in teleport at Atheon = Praedyth's Revenge

In the Atheon battle Ice Breaker will be out of ammo before you reach half of the Oracles.

Yep, I agree with this breakdown. "Best weapon" is always situational and depends on your other gun options.

ska convinced me to buy some call of duty game for a destiny shader
im a weak person...

ill have to play it with him tonight to pretend to justify my purchase

TRAITOR!!!!

I assume you'll be on tomorrow night for the reset though, correct?

(that's pretty much a rhetorical question)

ethomaz

Banned
Off topic...

There are 470k gamers in the CoD: AW leaderboard on PS4 right now... I was told by a friend that looked.

It is the Day Zero yet...

Qwell

Off topic...

There are 470k gamers in the CoD: AW leaderboard on PS4 right now... I was told by a friend that looked the
Thats a pretty good day zero / one number isn't it? Especially for only 1 year into console life. Picked it myself, but not sure I can pull myself away from Destiny... Sunset Overdrive wasn't able to despite being 20 ft away from me while I grind exp and raid in Destiny hehe

Zakalwe

Banned
I can't stand the way that guy writes.

Also I don't see a comment that directly addresses the Atheon bugs... Am I missing it?

Edit: helps if I read the thread before his reply...

ethomaz

Banned
Thats a pretty good day zero / one number isn't it? Especially for only 1 year into console life. Picked it myself, but not sure I can pull myself away from Destiny... Sunset Overdrive wasn't able to despite being 20 ft away from me while I grind exp and raid in Destiny hehe
I guess it is impressive because it is just Day Zero editions... the game launches officially tomorrow.

E92 M3

Looking to do a raid tonight on hard. Just through the Templar but would be down for the whole thing if people want.

I'm a 29 Titan. Have cleared hard a few times. Let me know if you're interested.

Tekku

Eek, yeah, see above- Timur's Lash has about twice the range of TDYK.

Yeah, when you look at the base stat. But TDYK can get 60% more range with Sent It.

I don't know what kind of modifiers are used with Timur's Lash, but I guess they don't affect the range any further? And can you increase the low magazine count? That seems like the biggest issue to me.

Lord High Fixer or The Devil You Know for PvP?

As a big HC fan RNGesus has been fucking me big time so right now the only legendary/exotic I have is a maxed Thorn. I love it but have been wanting to try out something else. Between the LHF and TDYK which one is best for PvP?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess it is impressive because it is just Day Zero editions... the game launches officially tomorrow.
do you guys like it?

ghosts was down from black ops II, so the number to beat is 7.5 million sold I suppose
Yeah, when you look at the base stat. But TDYK can get 60% more range with Sent It.

I don't know what kind of modifiers are used with Timur's Lash, but I guess they don't affect the range any further? And can you increase the low magazine count? That seems like the biggest issue to me.
there are tons of mods that it can roll with, I don't know all the options. search

More than larger mag size, I'd want the bullets that stagger the other player's aim and build around reduced primary weapon reload speed. much more like thorn, but with actually huge impact, no dot, and possibly other good bonuses. it can roll with Luck in the Chamber like Hawkmoon's initial upgrade, but with only 6 rounds that's actually a benefit because you'll hit the lucky one more often. and in the next IB you can reroll the mods on guns....might go nuts trying to get a perfect one.

gatti-man

Double RNG tho in a sense.

• What parts you have gotten from VoG for class X?
  • What armor parts IB vendor is selling for class X?
You can get fucked over by that equation. Assuming IB vendor even will have 2 armor parts for every class this time, last time he didn't.

I just need boots for my warlock and im all 30'd out. After that im going to take a break and hit the gym. Ive let myself go playing too much video games not enough healthy living.

blackflag

As a big HC fan RNGesus has been fucking me big time so right now the only legendary/exotic I have is a maxed Thorn. I love it but have been wanting to try out something else. Between the LHF and TDYK which one is best for PvP?

I prefer LHF because you can basically snipe with it too. It has a huge range and the radar is more useful in PVP.

Dante316

Random or vendor? Lord high fixer has radar? Ik the vender devil you know is pretty good. Radar plus hc would be a killer combo gor sure.

Tekku

This, pretty much. It's one reason why TLW is outdone by Hawkmoon on maps where longer ranges (and not even really big ranges, stuff like Shores of Time / Rusted, etc). Range matters.

On Firebase Delphi, though, as an example, TLW obliterates.

Yeah I would personally use Hawkmoon over TLW any day. But I'm far more comfortable at longer ranges, so that's just me. TLW is great for close encounters when you need to deliver a high amount of damage in a short period of time. It's somewhat of a "spam cannon".

Wow it's about time. I'm glad he got the message. That kind of stuff is tolerable if your game is in good shape but Destiny on the whole is not....even though I love it.

I am glad they have now finally acknowledged the raid glitches/bugs after 7 fucking weeks.

There have been glitches and bugs like this since day one that the Raid went live on September 16th. It is now November 3rd and they are just acknowledging it, yet have had time to nerf weapons, deal with connection issues, get rid of cheese methods, etc.

Fix your priorities Bungie. Your hardcore audience is getting pissed off that the only high level content is being ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom