• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
Most raids I run these days seem to be full of sunsingers. Good, but odd.

On a similar note, the only redeeming feature of the Hunter class is the throwing knife. Everything else is a shit.

Also capes

todd360

Still on your quest for lordship, huh? You can do it, todd! And once you do, you, fig, and I must do a 3 Guardian non-cheese raid run!

We would make the weekly update for sure!

Nah we would lose to some guy who killed a lot of dregs.

Edit: the problem is I only have like 3 hours to play every day now

kaiiri

so just lucked out last night and got vision of confluence. XD ... unlocked full auto mode today and it stops periodically while shooting. is that.... intended? seems weird. pretty sure I've read others mention it but didn't pay too much attention since I figured I'd be forever till I got one with my luck. lol.

ocean

Banned
Looking back at the old threads, it's stunning how much conversation this game has generated on GAF. Over 170,000 posts so far only counting OTs. No clue how many it'd be with Alpha/Beta Withdrawal threads, Matchmaking thread, random news threads etc. OT1 was actually full by the day the game actually launched, and OT2 was full merely 5 days after that. We're at the 9th OT and the game hasn't been out two months yet :|

Guardians, we are the GAF hype machine at its very finest.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The Vanquisher VIII that New Monarchy sells is seriously one of the best guns in the game. Perfect stability upgrade and feeding frenzy make it as laser-like as the Suros and it reloads absurdly fast. Only it fires twice as fast as the Suros. This thing feels like a machine that never stops shooting and hits hard as hell.
I like it better than my Suros and even my fully upgraded VOC. It's an excellent weapon -- range, stability, rate of fire, etc. I lucked out and got one with Field Scout though, so I have 42 Round clips, which is huge.

Ran the raid last for the first time last night with two RL friends and three folks from destinylfg, mostly lvl 28 and 27s with only one of us having run the raid before. It was great fun and we got to Atheon in about 3 and a half hours. Great fun even if I had to log out and in to get past the jumping puzzle, man I am awful at first person jumping not that it hurt my enjoyment. I especially have to thank the Canadian chap (I don't want to use his PSN) who was the only one of us who had run the raid before he was patient and great at explaining what was required. We did YT the Gorgon maze, the oracles were rough and we wanted a shot at Atheon. Unfortunately we couldn't get past Atheon, it took quite a few wipes before we all knew what to do with the relic and by then we were so fatigued it was beyond us to beat him at 0030 with work in the morning!

Picked up again this evening with one of my RL friends, one person from the previous nights attempt and three others from destinylfg again. The new folks really knew what they were doing and with our own practice the night before we beat Atheon in 10 minutes, including the only wipe courtesy of yours truly.

I loved the whole experience and can't wait to go again but I can't help also regretting the lack of other content as good as this. If there had been even one piece of content as intricate as any stage of the raid available as a normal mission the grind would be far less dull than it is. As it is only the Sword Of Crota mission displays anything like the imagination on show here. In the end even though it was easy enough to group up via destinylfg I would still prefer an in game matchmaking system of some type.

Anyway teh lootz
Evening 1
Shards, Praedyth's Revenge, Shards

Atheon
The Last Word, Vision of Confluence, Chatterwhite

arimanius

Striker titan grenades are garbage. All of them. I can't get the postmortem bounty to save my life.

I get a ton of postmortem kills with the lightening grenade. Stick it to walls or ceilings.

Edit. Also aftershocks too. Amazing how many people walk into it. Lol

Too much guys to reply.

No... I never used have issue with this item before start to upgrade the Raid Gears... and I never needed with my Warlock.

Holy shit it need 75.

:(

Just keep doing tiger playlist with your titan and dismantle all the armor you get. Shouldn't take too long

X-Frame

Striker titan grenades are garbage. All of them. I can't get the postmortem bounty to save my life.

The Lightning Grenade is probably the Striker Titan's best grenade, and I frequently get 5-6 grenade kills a game at least using it. Throw it on a control point against a wall or ceiling and it does around 120 damage per pulse, which means 2 shooting enemies. I get double and triples kills easily if I can get to a control point while the other team is capturing it.

Then just run headfirst into the group and get killed and watch your Postmortem medals drop like candy.

You can watch Datto's Striker Titan PvP (Control) Build to see how he uses it. Recommended!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
leveling voidwalker... might have to move up a surge thorn build on the list of things to try...

edit: Someone smart tell me about the Voidwalker grenades

KodaRuss

Any 29s/30s looking to do a fresh hard raid? I have been through it a few times just need to do it on my alt.

PSN: Longhornbevo

todd360

The Lightning Grenade is probably the Striker Titan's best grenade, and I frequently get 5-6 grenade kills a game at least using it. Throw it on a control point against a wall or ceiling and it does around 120 damage per pulse, which means 2 shooting enemies. I get double and triples kills easily if I can get to a control point while the other team is capturing it.

Then just run headfirst into the group and get killed and watch your Postmortem medals drop like candy.

You can watch Datto's Striker Titan PvP (Control) Build to see how he uses it. Recommended!

Thanks. Your alright.

Hiko

Banned
Is it worth fully upgrading weapons? I have my Suros at 274 attack right now. How much difference would 300 make? I need to know before I start farming all this crap.

Neo Geo

Neo Member
We've tried for some hours now the Hard Mode cheese on Atheon - without success.
Neither the solo cheese before the first teleport, nor the walk on the relic cheese after the first teleport.

What a waste of time, but I desperately want that Mythoclast ;]

Namikaze1

Is it worth fully upgrading weapons? I have my Suros at 274 attack right now. How much difference would 300 make? I need to know before I start farming all this crap.
Do you want to do the raid on hard? If yes, then yes, fully max it out. Maxed out weapons are a must for hard raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom