• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Scatter is great for void burn PvE because it hits a lot of enemies in quite a large area. I rarely get kills in PvP with this.
I use voidfang vestments so Axion is my goto PvP grenade. I prefer it over Vortex because Vortex is a little too situational for my liking.

In general Sunsingers have much better grenades for PvP, but I like the nova bomb a little too much.

After using all the one hit KO grenades of other classes it sucks using Voidwalker ones because none of them do.

Mindlog

Hard Raid can be completed with 6 29s.
It's pretty easy. Sending a 4th into the portals is the juice.

I knew RNG game would give me a second Mythoclast before any new gear for my alt -_-

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looking to get into a Normal raid -- 28 Warlock with good Raid weapons. Preferrably from the beginning, or close to it. Psn: OldKingKratos

Mindlog

Which phase do you send 4 into the portals?
The final phase. It really helps the inside team in case they fall behind on portals even though it's often near the last two which the relic holder can smash. If people are standing on the plates when Atheon opens the timestream it makes that portion go faster, but that can shake overall DPS.

Gatekeepers we did one at a time. Three in and one exits before getting marked on the left.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Old volumes: Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3

Just a quick few more tips for the tips for the pile drawn from my recent experiences:
  1. After clicking Launch to head back to the tower with finished Bounties, use the loading screen to decide what weapons you wish to upgrade. XP is applied to everything you have equipped, but of course remember that you can only equip one Exotic at a time. Also make sure to switch to the subclass that needs XP if you're leveling one up.
  2. Switch to the Puppeteer control scheme. This was suggested to me many times but I kept forgetting to try it out until recently. It makes one chance- it puts crouch/slide on the R3 button (thumbstick press). Now I will never look back. Being able to aim and slide at the same time is invaluable, and can make or break kills in the Crucible. I was handicapping myself the whole time I wasn't using it
  3. Abandon daily bounties to group similar ones together. It's always satisfying to be able to complete multiple bounties doing one activity- but if you pick up some that arten't really compatible with the others, you can abandon them and as long as it's witihin the same 24 hour period you picked them up they'll be waiting for you to grab again on the tracker when it's more convenient.
  4. Upgrade Exotics, especially armor, first. If you've started raiding, it might be tempting to spend your shards on maxing legendary gear before, especially because they level up so quickly compared to Exotics. But unless your Exotics are maxed, put your materials into them first- both because they won't be replaced by anything that can drop in the raid, and because they'll continue to be relevant endgame gear even after new legendaries and raid gear come out. If you do get raid gear that completely replaces an old slot- bear in mind that fully unlocked (not necessarily upgraded) weapons give you back more energy when dismantled (up to 5), whereas unlocked and/or armor does not return more shards. Raid armor is of course always worth upgrading for the light. So a decent priority list for your XP might be Exotic Armor->Raid Legendary Armor->Exotic Weapons->Legendary Weapons->Legendary Armor.
    • Give exotics to alts to turn in multiple daily bounties, and play the XP Bonus gametype over on the left of your orbit map, to speed up exotic leveling.

nowai

Ok Bad Juju has iridium rounds. Has anyone tested shooting through walls with it?

I have iridium rounds on counter measures (whatever raid void MG) and I couldn't shoot through the Cabal's heavy shields. Anyone know how this works? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApjHdIBNxHs

Only works with snipe rifles.

I have a pulse, scout, fusion, hand cannon and snipe rifle with iridium rounds.

Only the snipe rifle can shoot through walls...and it's wonderful for pvp.

Old volumes: Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3

Just a quick few more tips for the tips for the pile drawn from my recent experiences:
  1. After clicking Launch to head back to the tower with finished Bounties, use the loading screen to decide what weapons you wish to upgrade. XP is applied to everything you have equipped, but of course remember that you can only equip one Exotic at a time. Also make sure to switch to the subclass that needs XP if you're leveling one up.
  2. Switch to the Juggler control scheme. This was suggested to me many times but I kept forgetting to try it out until recently. It makes one chance- it puts crouch/slide on the R3 button (thumbstick press). Now I will never look back. Being able to aim and slide at the same time is invaluable, and can make or break kills in the Crucible. I was handicapping myself the whole time I wasn't using it
  3. Abandon daily bounties to group similar ones together. It's always satisfying to be able to complete multiple bounties doing one activity- but if you pick up some that arten't really compatible with the others, you can abandon them and as long as it's witihin the same 24 hour period you picked them up they'll be waiting for you to grab again on the tracker when it's more convenient.
  4. Upgrade Exotics, especially armor, first. If you've started raiding, it might be tempting to spend your shards on maxing legendary gear before, especially because they level up so quickly compared to Exotics. But unless your Exotics are maxed, put your materials into them first- both because they won't be replaced by anything that can drop in the raid, and because they'll continue to be relevant endgame gear even after new legendaries and raid gear come out. If you do get raid gear that completely replaces an old slot- bear in mind that fully unlocked (not necessarily upgraded) weapons give you back more energy when dismantled (up to 5), whereas unlocked and/or armor does not return more shards. Raid armor is of course always worth upgrading for the light. So a decent priority list for your XP might be Exotic Armor->Raid Legendary Armor->Exotic Weapons->Legendary Weapons->Legendary Armor.

Juggler?

TTG

I remember seeing a guide here on how to quickly level up your alt - does anyone have a link to that by any chance?

Ah yea, sure.

Step 1: Go straight into the Crucible, don't emerge until level 12
Step 2: To the tower you go, bounties are now available, as soon as you clear one from the initial batch. That means loading up story mission number 1 and hanging out by the spawn until that bounty is complete(patrol isn't unlocked cause hurrr).
Step 3: Do the bounties, keep on crucibling until level 20.
Step 4: Equip all the legendary shit Rahool hoisted on your main character that you couldn't use. You'll only start to earn marks at level 18, so it may take a while to get to a full legendary/exotic set. Pick out some weapons too(hello Grim Citizen and Invective, haven't seen you in a while).
Step 5: Grind that Crucible until you can finally upgrade your gear, which you will do immediately because it's not like your main is using those ass shards, let's not be ridiculous.
Step 6: Double your weekly strange coin and nightfall production.

I'm currently at Step 3 of this plan. My third day in, I am at level 16, will hopefully get to 20 relatively quickly.

Ruze789

I need 2 more for Atheon normal raid Xbox 1 message me GT:Dr ChadMan

Thanks for the invite! First raid completion for me, just wish I got something better than ass energy and Chatterwhite!

Definitely hooked on raiding now, I got the raid gloves Friday night, but that and Chatterwhite are all I've got besides ass materials.

Wow what an intense Hard Raid. We cleared it with all 29s, some of which didn't even have fully upgraded weapons. Two Gjallarhorns helped out a lot though.

After trying for about an hour on Atheon, we finally came up with a new strat. Always send a 4th into the portal to help the other 3. After we did that, we beat it in one try. Feelsgoodman.

Hard Raid can be completed with 6 29s.
It's pretty easy. Sending a 4th into the portals is the juice.

I knew RNG game would give me a second Mythoclast before any new gear for my alt -_-

Hell yes. GG for sure.

X-Frame

The final phase. It really helps the inside team in case they fall behind on portals even though it's often near the last two which the relic holder can smash. If people are standing on the plates when Atheon opens the timestream it makes that portion go faster, but that can shake overall DPS.

Gatekeepers we did one at a time. Three in and one exits before getting marked on the left.

When I first started raiding, I always wondered why a 4th couldn't go in and help out, seeing as how usually, it doesn't take all 3 people on the outside team to take down all or most of the Supplicants.

Then after I realized that people could go in and help out, I don't know why a 4th going in all the time isn't common practice. From my experience, most of the wipes happen because the portal team can't kill mobs/Oracles fast enough.

If the team is made up of all 28's on Normal or 30's on Hard, then I can see a 4th not being needed, but especially now with the random Atheon teleport.

Geneijin

When I first started raiding, I always wondered why a 4th couldn't go in and help out, seeing as how usually, it doesn't take all 3 people on the outside team to take down all or most of the Supplicants.

Then after I realized that people could go in and help out, I don't know why a 4th going in all the time isn't common practice. From my experience, most of the wipes happen because the portal team can't kill mobs/Oracles fast enough.

If the team is made up of all 28's on Normal or 30's on Hard, then I can see a 4th not being needed, but especially now with the random Atheon teleport.
Yup, especially when you only have to worry about supplicants. No minotaurs or hobgoblins.

Ah yea, sure.

Step 1: Go straight into the Crucible, don't emerge until level 12
Step 2: To the tower you go, bounties are now available, as soon as you clear one from the initial batch. That means loading up story mission number 1 and hanging out by the spawn until that bounty is complete(patrol isn't unlocked cause hurrr).
Step 3: Do the bounties, keep on crucibling until level 20.
Step 4: Equip all the legendary shit Rahool hoisted on your main character that you couldn't use. You'll only start to earn marks at level 18, so it may take a while to get to a full legendary/exotic set. Pick out some weapons too(hello Grim Citizen and Invective, haven't seen you in a while).
Step 5: Grind that Crucible until you can finally upgrade your gear, which you will do immediately because it's not like your main is using those ass shards, let's not be ridiculous.
Step 6: Double your weekly strange coin and nightfall production.

I'm currently at Step 3 of this plan. My third day in, I am at level 16, will hopefully get to 20 relatively quickly.

I can't imagine the crucible would be faster than the story missions and strikes. I leveled my 3rd to 20 this weekend, and I basically was getting a level every 2 missions if not faster. It honestly wasn't that bad. I don't play much crucible though, and never used it to gain xp.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Ok so, I'll start a normal Raid group. I'd really like some people with experience, as I'm fairly new to the Raid myself (been through a few times).

I'm a 28 Warlock. PSN: OldKingKratos.

Ok so, I'll start a normal Raid group. I'd really like some people with experience, as I'm fairly new to the Raid myself (been through a few times).

I'm a 28 Warlock. PSN: OldKingKratos.

I've been through several times, but pre-patch. Lvl 29 hunter here, same psn id as GAF handle

Grimsen

I have an idea. The weekly/nightfall strike should be a different one every day, while keeping the one reward per week limit.

Running the same strike 6 times in a week is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom