• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

That grenade seemed to be the exact same thing as the other grenade only it sticks to stuff. Is it better? I have tried all three with bad results.

The pulse grenade sticks as well but sucks compared to the lightening one. The first grenade you get is good because it blinds what it damages. Can really confuse people in pvp and in PvE it makes the mobs wonder around and not attack even while being damaged. It sucks for the medal tho.

Kalamari

I love the Magnetic Grenades in PvP, once you stick'em just run away. Or, throw them as a hail mary if you're about to die.

Ruze789

Are there any XBone players looking to beat Atheon on normal? I have the checkpoint, didn't get to beat it with the group I played the rest of the raid with.

I have not beaten him before. We tried and came close a couple times but didn't quite get it. I'm a 28 warlock.

GT: Ruze789

ThisOne

This grind from 28 to 29 is just sucking my soul away. It's a pain to get all the shards and then collecting materials is just plain boring. I wish I could do the Raid more than once in a week and at least get ascendant shards from it.

Yes, I'm aware that the move from 29 to 30 will probably be more frustrating.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I like it better than my Suros and even my fully upgraded VOC. It's an excellent weapon -- range, stability, rate of fire, etc. I lucked out and got one with Field Scout though, so I have 42 Round clips, which is huge.

It's a great gun, my go to for PVP

maomaoIYP

leveling voidwalker... might have to move up a surge thorn build on the list of things to try...

edit: Someone smart tell me about the Voidwalker grenades

All voidwalker grenades detonate upon impact.
Vortex: Continuous DOT effect in a spherical area, good usage for forcing people off the flag in control. Sticks on surfaces.
Scatter: Sprays a bunch of shrapnel in an area for immediate damage.
Axion: Impact causes an explosion (which does damage in a very small area), and marks a much wider area. 3 slow moving homing bolts will target 3 separate enemies which were in the marked area. Pop it into a room to mark the direct of enemies squatting in a corner before you breach the room. Enemies can however outrun the bolts sooner or later.

ValeYard

todd360

I couldn't do it nami. I have to take a shower and go to bed. These freaking 10 hour shifts bro. I made a bit of progress today atleast.

This grind from 28 to 29 is just sucking my soul away. It's a pain to get all the shards and then collecting materials is just plain boring. I wish I could do the Raid more than once in a week and at least get ascendant shards from it.

Yes, I'm aware that the move from 29 to 30 will probably be more frustrating.
Do yourself a favor and just learn some YouTube material runs. Gathering mats is the biggest downer when trying to level your guns and gear.

areal

Anyone have five minutes to help me finish the Nightfall using my level 27 alt? I've made it to the boss but I don't want to risk dying now.

PSN Ashley_US

Edit: I'd also be up for some of all of the normal raid before the reset if anyone else is keen.

Edit: Never mind, finished it solo.

ThisOne

Do yourself a favor and just learn some YouTube material runs. Gathering mats is the biggest downer when trying to level your guns and gear.

The shards are actually the main thing holding me up right now. I do the daily and try to get at least one public event done each day. Other than that, I just hope for legendary engrams to drop (which doesn't happen often).

Hiko

Banned
I like it better than my Suros and even my fully upgraded VOC. It's an excellent weapon -- range, stability, rate of fire, etc. I lucked out and got one with Field Scout though, so I have 42 Round clips, which is huge.

Yeah, I actually prefer it over my Suros in most cases. Suros is great against single targets, still the best AR in that regard. But for clearing out tons of mobs, the V8 utterly shreds.

I don't mind the 22 clip since it reloads faster than enemies can recover. Assuming they're still alive.

The shards are actually the main thing holding me up right now. I do the daily and try to get at least one public event done each day. Other than that, I just hope for legendary engrams to drop (which doesn't happen often).
Yeah, for upgrade mats you want to do the following on each Guardian:

-run the daily story on level 28
-gold-tier a public event
-run the raid on hard (or normal)

You'll be swimming in shards.

X-Frame

Anyone have five minutes to help me finish the Nightfall using my level 27 alt? I've made it to the boss but I don't want to risk dying now.

PSN Ashley_US

Edit: I'd also be up for some of all of the normal raid before the reset if anyone else is keen.

Edit: Never mind, finished it solo.

Ahh, nice job! I was just switching over to my main to grab my void weapons then I was gonna join. We are already friends too.

ThisOne

Yeah, for upgrade mats you want to do the following on each Guardian:

-run the daily story on level 28
-gold-tier a public event
-run the raid on hard (or normal)

You'll be swimming in shards.

Are shards shareable between guardians? Not that it matters, since I've only got the one.

Geneijin

So I just read an article of the 5 reasons why the Raid is broken.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/03/top-5-ways-destinys-raid-is-broken?watch=

Do these glitch happen often? That sounds like a really bad problem Bungie should work on instead of just patching out exploits.

Destin needs to calm the F*** down! No, it isn't broken, so stop with the stupid sensationalist headline. It can be improved upon, but broken? No...

It really is sad to see how entitled some people become with their games. Remember when patches didn't exist and when we had to learn and adapt to a games mechanics?...
lmao, 2nd comment too

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All voidwalker grenades detonate upon impact.
Vortex: Continuous DOT effect in a spherical area, good usage for forcing people off the flag in control. Sticks on surfaces.
Scatter: Sprays a bunch of shrapnel in an area for immediate damage.
Axion: Impact causes an explosion (which does damage in a very small area), and marks a much wider area. 3 slow moving homing bolts will target 3 separate enemies which were in the marked area. Pop it into a room to mark the direct of enemies squatting in a corner before you breach the room. Enemies can however outrun the bolts sooner or later.
thank you, all pretty interesting choices. Favorite PvE/PvP?

Need quick advice... Bad Juju, Super Good Advice, or a Second infinity?

I really wanted an invective, but I'll have to wait until the next round of exotic bounties.

bad juju is known to be getting a buff whereas SGA isn't

when offered the choice of all three for the second time though (after having one of each) it was second pocket infinity no question

I went for the JuJu. There's a better chance I'll actually use it anyway. It seems like a longer bounty as well, so it'll be nice to get it out of the way.

I hadn't been to the lootcave in a long time, how long has this thing been here? It's pretty funny. I was hoping it activated the giant battle that randomly takes place.
B1jjfduIMAAcGr6.jpg

So..... I want a Templar checkpoint on hard mode. not oracles. just Templar. I want to be able to call all my 100% pvp friends into this to cheese Templar and hopefully help them hit 29.

How should I go about this? get my lvl 30 character into a hard raid party and leave at Templar for the check point? beg around for a checkpoint? maybe hope they'd let me change characters at Templar to get a checkpoint then switch back?

I remember seeing a guide here on how to quickly level up your alt - does anyone have a link to that by any chance?
Do story missions at or below your level. do bounties when story missions are above your level. before the daily reset, do all the bounties but don't turn them in. after reset, turn in bounties, log out and log back in. yesterday's bounties will be available for you to repeat. that should be enough exp for you to do every story mission without any being higher level than you are.

Atomski

Need more friends for this game..

PSN: Norgler

Add me if you want someone to run strikes with and such, willing to help people out as well.

Need quick advice... Bad Juju, Super Good Advice, or a Second infinity?.

If you're going to use it now? Bad JuJu.

If you're going to use it later? Bad JuJu.

It's terrible, terrible gun but it is getting a buff sometime in the next 5 years and it looks REALLY fucking cool. It's also fun to mess around with in Patrols and any place you're not counting on it keeping you alive.

Bungie is going to have to give one hell of a buff to Bad JuJu. I think people are expecting something crazy, when in reality they'll probably just make the clip size bigger and beef up the sound.

maomaoIYP

thank you, all pretty interesting choices. Favorite PvE/PvP?

Scatter is great for void burn PvE because it hits a lot of enemies in quite a large area. I rarely get kills in PvP with this.
I use voidfang vestments so Axion is my goto PvP grenade. I prefer it over Vortex because Vortex is a little too situational for my liking.

In general Sunsingers have much better grenades for PvP, but I like the nova bomb a little too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom