• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarWolf

Well, I'll look for your list if I get a chance. I have some good reasons to believe it's true, I just don't know if I can share. Take it for what it's worth, I'm 99% sure it WAS a bug.

Curious, why couldn't you share? And have you run the raid a lot post patch? It's been a lot buggier and not sure why you think it's just people having trouble with random ports.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've only seen less than three get teleported when someone died right before the teleport. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say that three are "marked" for teleportation and if one of them dies between being marked, and teleported...they don't go. I'd love to see some video of it happening when the whole crew has been alive for a while.
I think on Flawless hard raids there's some consistent glitch with teleporting 0 then 1 people for the first few rounds.
Portals have always been a bit wonky if everyone runs through at the same time. Not new since the patch.
Yah, single file is best, don't sprint, all gravy.
Yeah, the Praetorian is a new problem, but I'm having trouble connecting it to the patch. Feels like lag that could be closer related to the network patches and not the raid specific patch.
Jay was complaining about the health bar on that Praetorian during my first EVER raid, weeks ago. It's not new by a long shot!
I popped in and saw it, and then and ran some bounties. But my Level 1 from the first IB was gone. Showed as Rank 0.

NF. I'm going to go home and level my Wizard 77's armor piercing rounds. (How long will that one circle take?) I'll then take shield
shredding
duty if you want. I'm itching to try that out.
Completely forgot that mod works through Phalanx shields. THAT's a PSA. Shouldn't take that long to level, Legendaries aren't too bad in comparison to Exotics.

Got my warlock a chest piece and got to 27 before bed :)

Bizazedo

The usual stuff. Pretty sick of the game by now. I was actually addicted to Destiny but I guess I should thank Bungie for fucking up the game pretty bad. I am just waiting for my copy of CoD now.
I wish this got talked about / explored more in-depth. I just can't believe how utterly incompetent or rushed so many parts of this game are.

I'll be logging in at 6 o'clock tonight, of course, but still. It's really unbelievable.

I've only seen less than three get teleported when someone died right before the teleport. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say that three are "marked" for teleportation and if one of them dies between being marked, and teleported...they don't go. I'd love to see some video of it happening when the whole crew has been alive for a while.
That's what I believe, to. People get downed just prior to teleport and it fudges everything up.

Although, it does allow the relic holder to be a hero and finish it with just one other guy. I've done that a few times on hard :) /flex.

Relic does like 1400+ damage per melee hit to Oracles.

Well, I'll look for your list if I get a chance. I have some good reasons to believe it's true, I just don't know if I can share. Take it for what it's worth, I'm 99% sure it WAS a bug.

In regards to the three furthest teleports, I'd ascribe that to lazy as fuck coding. They may have intended it to be "random" and assumed people would be moving around, but that doesn't mean it's a bug to me.

And honestly, if it truly was a "bug"...that makes them look worse, to me.

phen0m24

I think on Flawless hard raids there's some consistent glitch with teleporting 0 then 1 people for the first few rounds.

Jay was complaining about the health bar on that Praetorian during my first EVER raid, weeks ago. It's not new by a long shot!

Completely forgot that mod works through Phalanx shields. THAT's a PSA. Shouldn't take that long to level, Legendaries aren't too bad in comparison to Exotics.

Man you leveled fast!!

Went searching on Reddit and apparently they don't penetrate shields.
seems kinda worthless then

Yes, I think the flawless bugs are a whole different beast and I've never tried one before or after the patch. I want to make it clear that I'm excluding the flawless raid and just trying to address the idea that the patch "added" bugs for the non flawless raiders.

DjRalford

At the boss on weekly 28, anyone able to help as I just spent 10 minutes behind a crate only to.blow myself up on the last rocket to kill him.

Ps4 psn djralford

Ourobolus

Banned
Later tonight I hope to get 3x Nightfalls in. I finally got my Titan to 28 last night (sadly, not in time to do last week's Nightfall), so now I get to run everything every week. Huzzah!

Deku Tree

PrivateWHudson: Here you go my list of bugs: Every single one of these happened to my team from last night on Normal (except for the hard mode only phenomenon like detaining). After about an hour of trying, and being thwarted by wipe forcing bugs on the times when we didn't mess up ourselves, at some point several people were leaving and I just left too without beating Atheon.

And BTW the team from last night wasn't a bunch of bad players... we got to the final Atheon battle in slightly over 30 minutes I think.

Wtf new Atheon hard bugs. Atheon teleported me to Mars on the two relics part of the fight. Empty area. Marked. No choice but immediate wipe.

Yet another Atheon hard bug. You get marked by the void and die even if you didn't get teleported.

Dear Bungie,
Thanks for making the encounter harder without fixing any bugs and instead adding new ones.
No thanks!

I posted this earlier in this massive thread but... I got invited to try Hard Atheon last night with a team and I noticed several glitches and bugs...

1) I once got teleported to an empty area with no enemies and no other team-mates once. It looked like the Mars teleport room from the first phase of the Atheon fight... I couldn't leave so I just got marked by the void and died and we all wiped.

2) Another time I didn't get teleported but I got marked by the void anyway and couldn't be cleansed and died and we all wiped.

3) You can get detained after getting teleported... this happened a few times...

4) I took a lot of damage from Atheon inside the Relic bubble... and I had to leave or be killed...

5) several times I would be shooting Atheon with my multi-tool right at his critical spot from inside the relic bubble and I didn't see him taking any damage with damage stats popping up... not sure why...

6) the bug where you go through the teleporter and don't get teleported is still there and happened to me a few times...

The encounter seems harder with the random teleports and even more buggy than before...

another bug: during the Templar fight two Warlocks were losing their yellow super charge bar (one of them was me).

another bug: my exotic helmet is supposed to allow me to regenerate health during my super but when battling the templar it didn't happen.

also (4) above can be caused by lag or the relic holder moving or getting bumped... maybe not a bug.

EDIT: another bug that I forgot to mention: that several other people have mentioned. Random number of people being teleported in addition to random selection of players being teleported. One person teleported, two people teleported, four people teleported...

Got a legendary engram from nightfall. Is this a new thing (getting engrams from nightfall)? Seems kind of weak, considering the likeliness of getting ass mats or something from it.

maomaoIYP

Managed to solo the nightfall thanks to the GAFer who posted a video of himself hiding behind the boxes near the entrance. Thanks dude! I got Light Beyond Nemesis, so I'm pretty satisfied =)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, I'm think the flawless bugs are a whole different beast and I've never tried one before or after the patch. I want to make it clear that I'm excluding the flawless raid and just trying to address the idea that the patch "added" bugs for the non flawless raiders.
Based on my survey of what has been brought up with consistency since the patch... it sounds like there were new glitches introduced in the Hard mode Atheon fight and flawless attempts at the Atheon fight (the first few rounds of teleportation if there have been no wipes). Standard Normal runs, not so much in the way of any new glitches or anything broken.
Man you leveled fast!!

Went searching on Reddit and apparently they don't penetrate shields.
seems kinda worthless then
Ah. hmm. shoots through walls, still. Will allow you to use cover against Phalanxes
Best strategy for these angry Phalanaxs?
What class are you?

LordofPwn

Tell me more...

What's this now?

Where is this?

in the boss room look up.
i go to the left upstairs area, jump on a pillar, then jump up on the light fixture closest to where the boss comes in.
i'd make a video but im at work, best i can do is this.

*note i use the pillar next to 1.

cerberus_bane_of%20_my_existance.jpg

So hunter GAF I need help. I decided to level up gunslinger and I'm enjoying it but I completely suck at golden gun. I activate it and suddenly can't hit the broadside of a barn. I've even given this guy hawkmoon so I can get more handgun practice. So I'll take any tips and help I can get.

Also what's the typical load out for gunslinger in pvp? Seem like trip mine and triple jump are the two skills most builds have in common.

Btw getting a kill with throwing knife is almost as satisfying at shoulder charge. It's so good.

Get a feel for hip firing the golden gun, when you get used to leading targets a bit the autoaim does the rest. The accuracy perk can give you a little help at first. While practicing with handcannons is good, I don't think it's a critical skill for a gunslinger: Golden gun does not crit (and I really think it should) which means you should aim for the biggest part of an enemy, so part of the HC training (crit hits, mostly) goes to waste. The positive is you'll get used to a slower ROF.

In PvP I like using trip mine grenades for the ambush factor, and change from high double jump to triple jump depending on the map's verticality.

Should be better than mine which maxed at 115. If my Voidfang is any indication, you'll get an extra 16 by fully upgrading which will make it 128. Pretty nice, wish my HotPF had that...

Seems like someone is asking for more ascendant materials to upgrade another exotic armor piece... :p

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
i go to the left upstairs area, jump on a pillar, then jump up on the light fixture closest to where the boss comes in.

:eek: Trying that now.

ok fuck it, tonight we dine on valus ta'aurc's corpse...

lets use the rocket/mg quick swap glitch again to rapid fire hezen vengeance for days into his brains, it worked pretty well against atheon except for when the game starts to lag out

(haha i wish there was a glitch like that)

I got the Corrective Measure in the hard raid last night. You are a big fan of that gun, correct(ive)?

I was using it after the raid just to mess around. I'm not a huge MG guy but I'll give it a go.

Huh, wow...and you can't get hit up there?

Steroyd

Bungie why? Nightfall not having a burn... okay I'll live with that being incredibly annoyed, but the angry modifier to? Why bungie WHY!?

And I got Strange coins for my pain. OTL

hydruxo

Got two raid helms and the Timebreaker from the same drop last night on Atheon HM. Now I have 3 raid helms haha. I just want Vision of Confluence!

Zakalwe

Banned
I wasn't moving... and that green shotgun popped up on the RHS of the screen along with my shards reward... and it wasn't an engram it was the exact shotgun that I mentioned... no need to decrypt it... So I don't think I walked over it no...

Green engrams auto show as the item, no need to decrypt (once you pass a certain cryptarch level, you'll be way past it at your level).

I've had them drop from enemies during the Atheon encounter a few times, a few blues and even a legendary. It's very possible you walked over a green and didn't realise it.

I think that's more likely than the game rewading you a green.

Remember, engrams can be succeptable to physics. It could have been slowly rolling toward you when you stopped.

So this got me thinking. After the DLC comes out, is Will of Crota going to be added to the Nightfall rotation?

It's kinda crappy already that PS4 players don't get to see the Dust Palace show up.

Fixed1979

PrivateWHudson: Here you go my list of bugs: Every single one of these happened to my team from last night on Normal (except for the hard mode only phenomenon like detaining). After about an hour of trying, and being thwarted by wipe forcing bugs on the times when we didn't mess up ourselves, at some point several people were leaving and I just left too without beating Atheon.

And BTW the team from last night wasn't a bunch of bad players... we got to the final Atheon battle in slightly over 30 minutes I think.

another bug: during the Templar fight two Warlocks were losing their yellow super charge bar (one of them was me).

another bug: my exotic helmet is supposed to allow me to regenerate health during my super but when battling the templar it didn't happen.

also (4) above can be caused by lag or the relic holder moving or getting bumped... maybe not a bug.

Considering a few of the guys were pretty green I thought we did really well up until Atheon. It was frustrating to have something outside of our control ruin our attempts when we got it right. Would happily run with any of you guys again.

I'm disappointed that I don't think I was in a group that took down Atheon either on Hard or Normal this week, first time since I started running raids...most of that was because of my schedule this past week though. At least I got a new exotic out of it (Red Death).

Angry Guy

So, no reports from here on GAF of the Vault just sucking people's gear into the abyss? People have been switching stuff between their characters just fine? I'm still terrified to try...

Deku Tree

Considering a few of the guys were pretty green I thought we did really well up until Atheon. It was frustrating to have something outside of our control ruin our attempts when we got it right. Would happily run with any of you guys again.

I'm disappointed that I don't think I was in a group that took down Atheon either on Hard or Normal this week, first time since I started running raids...most of that was because of my schedule this past week though.

Absolutely. Other than the problems with Atheon it was a very good run. I would also be happy to play with any of the guys we played with last night again.

arimanius

Get a feel for hip firing the golden gun, when you get used to leading targets a bit the autoaim does the rest. The accuracy perk can give you a little help at first. While practicing with handcannons is good, I don't think it's a critical skill for a gunslinger: Golden gun does not crit (and I really think it should) which means you should aim for the biggest part of an enemy, so part of the HC training (crit hits, mostly) goes to waste. The positive is you'll get used to a slower ROF.

In PvP I like using trip mine grenades for the ambush factor, and change from high double jump to triple jump depending on the map's verticality.

Seems like someone is asking for more ascendant materials to upgrade another exotic armor piece... :p

Awesome thanks. Sounds like my biggest issue is aiming down the sights. I'll def give hip firing a try tonight. I agree that I think golden gun needs something to help in PvE. Being able to crit would help a lot I think.

I wish bungie would announce some details about any upcoming class changes.

Killed Atheon for the first time last night! It's funny, the team I was with took like two hours of wipes and finally gave up leaving three of us still in the team. Then we found three replacements and got him on the second attempt. Needless to say, friend requests were sent after that.

Anyway, I got Chatterwhite and 3 shards (and nothing special from any of the chests along the way). :/ But hey, I can't complain too much, I'm happy just to have done it!

The burn last time it was Valus made the Nightfall easier than the Weekly. Although solar burn would have made it a bit more difficult this time around. Still, wasn't actually that hard to solo with no burns.

realcZk

I got the Corrective Measure in the hard raid last night. You are a big fan of that gun, correct(ive)?

I was using it after the raid just to mess around. I'm not a huge MG guy but I'll give it a go.

corrective measure is the best legendary mg in the game imo

godly gun, armor piercing rounds and so stable, melts oracles like butter

LiK

IB makes it a cakewalk. I died first time I tried to solo by killing myself with a tripmine grenade. >_<

The first section can just be run right through as well.
Ah ok, I would prefer playing with people but solo seems doable if I can't get any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom