• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

A FUCKING shitty legendary sniper for the nightfall??

Fuck this game. It's the worst loot system ever made. Even Diablo 3 wasn't that bad..

Edit : Also it's the third time in a row the Nightfall and the weekly strike are the same. Did Bungie thought that their shitty game had enough content and enough things to do each week that they decided to make the nightfall and the weekly the same? Unbelievable.

Nightfall and weekly heroic have always been the same. So... that's not new.I agree with your complaint that it shouldn't be the same though.

EDIT: OK, I was a little late to the party in telling you that...

Thanks xXzerosandonesXx for your help, it was a nice raid (normal), we only have to restart 3 times in the gorgons but everything was very smoothly. Sorry Kojirospath and v1br4t1ons, I have you in my friend list for the next time, we are a small clan and we usually miss 1-2 people.

Next time man, no prob!

Actually looking for three to raid with right now. Anyone? Ps4.

Edit: visit me in the raid topic, this one tends to go fast:)

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I did the Raid before the reset until the Atheon (didn't beat it because it was too late) with my Titan alt.

I'm one ass shard to reach lvl 30 :D

It was an amazing day yesterday... I level up my Titan alt from lvl 26 to lvl 29... did the Nightfall and Raid on Hard to get ass shards to just missed the lvl 30 by one ass shard.

:D

Bossun

As someone who put a lot of time into Diablo 3, I beg to differ on the loot drops.

As someone having invested time in Diablo 3 I tend to agree with my opinion. It was as bad as destiny but at least you had way way waaaaaay more loot than in destiny which made it kinda interesting and made me curious.

Namikaze1

Yea sounds good thanks man, hopefully I can do one run of nightfall now on my alt and be ready for you when you are done.

--

Looking to do another run of nightfall on one of my level 28 hunter still for right now
Want to help out with weekly? We're at the end but need a third to help out.

lionelhutz

How does the upgrade Keeper of the Pack work? Does it reduce the revive timer (30 seconds to 20) or just the time to revive while holding the button?

EL CUCO

Guys I did the Raid before the reset until the Atheon (didn't beat it because it was too late) with my Titan alt.

I'm one ass shard to reach lvl 30 :D

It was an amazing day yesterday... I level up my Titan alt from lvl 26 to lvl 29... did the Nightfall and Raid on Hard to get ass shards to just missed the lvl 30 by one ass shard.

:D

Do you have any marks to spend? Buy a piece of Lgnd Gear and Shard it.

Hiko

Banned
Anyone on ps3? I'm leveling up a hunter right now and going through story missions. If anyone can help me blast through them on hard it would be much appreciated.

That's why it's so sad. I still can't believe they didn't show us/let us explore the city we're fighting for.
The game does such a horrendously inept job at showing the stakes, setting up conflicts and introducing the world and lore that it's not really surprising, just depressing. They never give us a reason to care about any of the characters, what we're doing or why we're doing it.

Mindlog

Heard there's no burn. That blows. I have to finish it with my Hunter when I get the chance. Apparently my other two characters got some legendary weapons I will never use.
Just realised that all my Titan armor needs Helium Filaments for upgrades.

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big pizza pie, I'll be farming.
I skipped some armor that had better stats because of that.

LordofPwn

Yeah, I've never understood why they did this.

So if you're level 20 you can do the lvl 22 version, or a 24 to do the 26, or a 26 to do the 28, or a 28 to do the nightfall. 2 runs same strike per character is nice. and if you do 1 strike heroic and another strike nightfall that can make you not want to do 2 of the 5/6 strikes the rest of the week. at least with this method you only get tired of the one and have a better chance of doing strike playlists without wanting to quite and try another one.

Skele7on

Banned
Since hitting 30 I just can't find the energy to play this game.

I'm enjoying playing other games though like a lot!

I will be back every week for the raid on hard and maybe normal, but other than that I don't see there being much point in playing, I already have all the exotics and legendary items I could want, I do want the raid helm though....

Hopefully can get that this week in two attempts I have.

This game is screaming for content IMO, it has been since week 3.

Some interesting UI concepts from David Candland's presentation about Destiny's UI

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-23-1024.jpg

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-25-1024.jpg

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-28-1024.jpg

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-26-1024.jpg

Clan Wars was one of those features mentioned in that long Reddit thread/exploration of cut content.

If I remember right, you actually had to pick an affiliation with NM, DO or FWC before you could compete in PVP, and depending on which faction you chose you would get story content from the perspective of the clan you affiliated with.

So it leads credence to the stories people are telling about Destiny being a lot more ambitious/complex at one point... or at lease that many things changed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As someone having invested time in Diablo 3 I tend to agree with my opinion. It was as bad as destiny but at least you had way way waaaaaay more loot than in destiny which made it kinda interesting and made me curious.

Yes, you get "more" loot, but it's almost always useless loot. If you want to run t6 rifts or push deep into gr, you NEED certain RNG drops. NEED. There's not a single piece of content in Destiny that you cannot do while ignoring RNG 100%. You can get to level 29 just be relying on vendor bought items, thus seeing/experiencing everything.

blackflag

RNGesus thought I needed a legendary shotgun this time.

See you next week Nightfall.

Apotheosis Veil
9 Energy
crappy random shotgun

Namikaze1

RNGesus gave 7 Strange Coins for Nightfall. :(
I don't need coins!

Anyway, gonna run Nightfall on my Warlock now. Anyone wants to join? PSN is same as GAF.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hope the joiners didn't get better rewards than you grave!

They did ; ;

1 got Monte Carlo
1 got Doctor Nope
I got my 3rd Arc Unfriendly Giant, oh wells I'll max it out (XP wise) then shard it for 5 energies

Time to solo on hunter

So far from NF
Warlock - 9 Strange Coins
Titan - Arc Unfriendly Giant (Gonna max XP and shard it to get 5 energies)

Next up is Hunter, lets see if NF+ RNG are great to me

RNGesus thought I needed a legendary shotgun this time.

See you next week Nightfall.

Apotheosis Veil
9 Energy
crappy random shotgun

RNGesus thinks I only need Shotguns. In the Raid last week I got 2x Universal Remotes and Found Verdict. The week before the Raid gave me a Found Verdict and a Vanguard rank up gave me the Comedian. This is in addition to the Invective I had just gotten.

Cmon RNG, I just want 1 fucking sniper, fusion, or Heavy legendary/exotic. Gotta save up to buy some now I guess.

Bizazedo

Speaking of, it feels weird that you can max XP a weapon and then get extra energies / potential telemetries....

....and armor gives you jack extra.

God, I want a post mortem on this game so badly.

LordofPwn

Clan Wars was one of those features mentioned in that long Reddit thread/exploration of cut content.

If I remember right, you actually had to pick an affiliation with NM, DO or FWC before you could compete in PVP, and depending on which faction you chose you would get story content from the perspective of the clan you affiliated with.

So it leads credence to the stories people are telling about Destiny being a lot more ambitious/complex at one point... or at lease that many things changed.

I believe that Bungie probably just bit off more than they could chew, and had to scale things down in the dev cycle. it happens. but if they could get a game out that tests a lot of the ideas they were trying to do and get feedback on a large scale it will most definitely help them out in the long run, plus make more sense financially. There's no one game that's like destiny, and Bungie has done a better job than most with listening to feedback and trying to give a look on the inside. Stuff takes time and sometimes when you try to fix one thing it breaks something else, then you have to realize that some things can be hotfixed with a server update and others have to be patched and go through both microsoft and sony and be released simultaneously, plus add that you have to get things working across two generations of platforms. must be a nightmare. Cant wait for Destiny 2, only available for Xbox One and PS4.

Trakan

I believe that Bungie probably just bit off more than they could chew, and had to scale things down in the dev cycle. it happens. but if they could get a game out that tests a lot of the ideas they were trying to do and get feedback on a large scale it will most definitely help them out in the long run, plus make more sense financially. There's no one game that's like destiny, and Bungie has done a better job than most with listening to feedback and trying to give a look on the inside. Stuff takes time and sometimes when you try to fix one thing it breaks something else, then you have to realize that some things can be hotfixed with a server update and others have to be patched and go through both microsoft and sony and be released simultaneously, plus add that you have to get things working across two generations of platforms. must be a nightmare. Cant wait for Destiny 2, only available for Xbox One and PS4.

Activision was involved. I'd bet money on it. Bungie had something a little more hardcore in mind and they were scared it wasn't casual enough for the COD crowd.

NeOak

Activision was involved. I'd bet money on it. Bungie had something a little more hardcore in mind and they were scared it wasn't casual enough for the COD crowd.

I'll go along with this.

Bungie was happy to accomodate hardcore players before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom