• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

Activision was involved. I'd bet money on it. Bungie had something a little more hardcore in mind and they were scared it wasn't casual enough for the COD crowd.

I'll go along with this.

Bungie was happy to accomodate hardcore players before.

A possibility. but i think a year from now Destiny will be a more fleshed out experience. I look at Diablo III as an example of how a game can change and grow for the better.

A possibility. but i think a year from now Destiny will be a more fleshed out experience. I look at Diablo III as an example of how a game can change and grow for the better.

How many times will I have to grind through new sets of armor before that happens? I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

corrective measure is the best legendary mg in the game imo

godly gun, armor piercing rounds and so stable, melts oracles like butter

It's the best weapon in the game if you ask me. It's consistantly my go to weapon when the shit hits the fan

Edit** ice breaker is pretty amazing too

They did ; ;

1 got Monte Carlo
1 got Doctor Nope
I got my 3rd Arc Unfriendly Giant, oh wells I'll max it out (XP wise) then shard it for 5 energies

Time to solo on hunter

So far from NF
Warlock - 9 Strange Coins
Titan - Arc Unfriendly Giant (Gonna max XP and shard it to get 5 energies)

Next up is Hunter, lets see if NF+ RNG are great to me

If you max XP on a weapon you get more Shards? This changes EVERYTHING.

I think it's a mistake to wait until after they are done working on the DLC to make changes to core progression. Throw in more mats if your grimoire card is maxed for an area. Put some more chests everywhere with better loot in the ones that are in hard to reach places or the Raid, or a Boss room. There are so many little things they can do right now if they wanted to.

PuMa

I think it's a mistake to wait until after they are done working on the DLC to make changes to core progression. Throw in more mats if your grimoire card is maxed for an area. Put some more chests everywhere with better loot in the ones that are in hard to reach places or the Raid, or a Boss room. There are so many little things they can do right now if they wanted to.

Agreed. These little things would make a big difference.

Oh wow. In just finished Monday's daily on level 28 solo at 2:02 mountain time and didn't get any shards/energy for it.

Kick in the nuts!!!

If you did the previous daily, and are still online when the day turns over, you have to log out/in to destiny (maybe only need to go to the change character screen and back) or else your daily icon will still be colored in and you won't get any daily rewards that day.

LiK

Guys, it's taking me forever to upgrade Ballerhorn and Corrective Hype. I want both upgraded max but I need to switch between them during my Bounties. Annoying.

Kalamari

Guys, it's taking me forever to upgrade Ballerhorn and Corrective Hype. I want both upgraded max but I need to switch between them during my Bounties. Annoying.

This is right up there with whoever was complaining about not having enough plasteel plating for the 3 pieces of raid armor they received in a single raid.

First world Destiny problems. :p

then just stop now. why torture yourself

Because I have an addiction. Haven't we covered this? ;)

Like a true addict (I've been watching a lot of Intervention lately. If you haven't seen the show, check it out), I don't ACTUALLY want to stop and couldn't even if I wanted to.

So... with that said, I'll be on for the NF twice tonight and the weekly heroic twice as well. I'll see all there!

patchday

Activision was involved. I'd bet money on it. Bungie had something a little more hardcore in mind and they were scared it wasn't casual enough for the COD crowd.

But the thing is Activision also funds CoD: Advanced Warfare and from what I'm noticing the pvp is soooo well put together. Just worlds better. You can actually talk to the other randoms on your team. You can actually vote for the maps you want to fight on. The maps actually feel like they were made for the abilities (vertical jumping)...

I still love Destiny dont get it twisted. so I try to respectful and not bash them too much. I got hundreds of hrs on this game (actually not sure how much but I've got a ton) [edit] website claims I only got 16 hours but that cant be right. I got L28 titan and L29 hunter + have cleared normal raid multiple times

But I'm gonna blame Bungie for this crap.

matmanx1

I think the core in Destiny is very, very good and the potential is there for it to be a great game for many years to come. In order for that to happen Bungie is going to have to get better at fixing what's broken as well as introducing new content in a timely manner.

There's no doubt in my mind that the game as it stands now needs more content. I'm not even particularly hardcore (I might have about 40 hours in at this point) as compared to other folks but I have already seen everything the game has to show me (except for VoG) many, many times over.

I do wonder if this was Bungie's original intention (as far as launch content) or if a bunch was cut and or held back for later. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but it is hard not to wonder if there wasn't a much bigger game in the works at one time.

blackflag

I'm going to get Hawkmoon later

Can't wait

That's what I thought today.

First I thought I was going to get 1 of my 3 level 29s to 30 considering I need only 1 piece on each....NOPE

THen I thought I'd get Fatebringer......NOPE

Then I thought I'd get Last Word, Hawkmoon, or BallerHorn from the Raid chest....NOPE

Then I thought I'd get one of them from the 3 Nightfalls I just did.....NOPE

Somehow I still love this game. It's an abusive relationship.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
GG, guys. Hardmode Haul:
Third speeder
Chest piece (sharded)
Materials.

100% certain I will never get the mythoclast.

Also, Screw this post patch teleport bullshit. We had one of our guys detained on venus. Lamesauce!

I have Corrective Hype and Lie. I haven't been able to pick one to fully upgrade, so both are half assed.

Deku Tree

I fully upgraded my corrective measure... Well all except for some boring farming for the last few "upgrade damage slots". It's like a perfect machine gun.

Just so you know, the day someone maxes their gjallarhorn becomes their birthday

realcZk

the quickest i ever maxed a gun in destiny was in 10 hours or so i think
fully maxed out a SUROS regime
took 6 telemetries, and two 5xbounty sets across 3 alts
and some we've woken the hive

now it collects dust in the vault

LiK

the quickest i ever maxed a gun in destiny was in 10 hours or so i think
fully maxed out a SUROS regime
took 6 telemetries, and two 5xbounty sets across 3 alts
and some we've woken the hive

now it collects dust in the vault

Still love my Suros for PVE.

LiK

i enjoyed it, but its nothing compared to handcannons

after using handcanons for so long, going to anything else seems like a joke, takes too long to kill anything. i'm impatient too

The game refuses to drop TLW and FB for me so I stick with my old friend.

ocean

Banned
Hope I'm not too late :p Anyone still need Nightfall and/or Weekly 28? I have a 29 Titan and 28 Warlock to run with.

a_javierp on PSN!

thedan001

Finished my nightfall and heroic weekly runs
Gonna run HM raids later tonight

Time to farm mats... I need about:
80 spinmetals
80 spirit blooms
208 heliums
176 relic irons

to upgrade hunter alt to 30 and max upgrade 6 weapons that I like

...shm

Finished my nightfall and heroic weekly runs
Gonna run HM raids later tonight

Time to farm mats... I need about:
80 spinmetals
80 spirit blooms
208 heliums
176 relic irons

to upgrade hunter alt to 30 and max upgrade 6 weapons that I like

...shm

Holy yuck. What weapons?

If you max XP on a weapon you get more Shards? This changes EVERYTHING.

So 3 energies if you dismantle a legendary weapon stock, and more if you put more exp into it? How much do you have to work on it to get more asc energy out of it?

Got Deviant Gravity-A from Nightfall (solar MG). Any impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom