• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Well, you're right in that I need to just spend more time interacting with the fireteam status option. It's funny... I would definitely, 100% rather do this than kick someone out of my group once they'd already joined, no matter how justified. Just a quirk of personality I guess. I always, always feel shitty telling someone (once they're in the fireteam ready to go) that they need to leave or I'm not doing whatever content they were hoping to at that moment. But again, I understand that I can avoid this situation by staying on top of my fireteam status so that's what I'll do. I just hope that everyone understands that Invite Only doesn't mean I'm unwilling to group with people if they want help with anything- I'm almost always up for anything.

I would much rather message beforehand than have to kick also, it always feels bad no matter what.

Youre always raiding when Im at work!!!!

Sorry I missed the raiding group last night, I straight up fell asleep on the couch while we were waiting for the rest of the group to get on... it's been a rough couple days for me but hopefully the timing will work out next time. Did you end up getting a normal raid in?

Flawless team: I'll be on in ~45 min

patchday

The RNG in this game can be so ridiculous.

A few weeks back I rolled a second titan on the weekend with the intention of running the raid twice to get a better chance at the arms I needed for level 30. On the very next raid, I wound up getting the arms anyhow. I was almost 20/30 with the second titan so finished and ran the raid with him and got two pieces of gear and essentially just needed arms again(I bought the Defender exotic helm at Xur).

Meanwhile my entire clan has about 25 really active players who run the raid weekly and my Titan was the only level 30. Until last night. Now I have *two* level 30 Titans, both equipped with a Vision and an Atheon's of their own and I have a bunch of clanmates who want bad things to happen to me.

me too! :D

Since we are talking about gaffers hopping in and out, personally I don't mind. However I will mention to anyone if I am waiting for a friend and politely ask them to leave. and I am also starting to get random fr since hitting lvl30 :/ please mention of you're from gaf if you want to add me.

Milennia

Sorry I missed the raiding group last night, I straight up fell asleep on the couch while we were waiting for the rest of the group to get on... it's been a rough couple days for me but hopefully the timing will work out next time. Did you end up getting a normal raid in?

Just doing some crucible trying to get these damn weapons leveled lol

Almost did it in one day , only one bubble left on revenge and fatebringer

blackflag

Midas Multi-Tool. I got it from the Nightfall and have no idea what my emotions should be. Is it good? Is it worthwhile?

I'm just starting to dip my toes into scout rifles because in game modes like salvage, I've seen them used to devastating effect in ripping apart AR users at range on maps like Shores of Time and Rusted, so it came at a good time since I was just starting to level up one....

....but is this one any good? I am really a dirty whore for Thunderlord and although I have Jolder's Hammer / other good ones....I love my T-Lord.

Nope MIDA iS pretty terrible. It's forever in my vault. VOC and several of the other legendary SR are much better.

Now that they're all 300, I gotta say, I far prefer the feel of the Hardlight and Shadow Price to Aetheon's Epilogue.

Obviously, AE is great for Raid's because of the oracle damage, and the void damage is great for certain nightfalls/weeklies, but even with stability maxed out that thing feels like it's figure-eighting all over my screen.

The Shadow Price, by comparison, feels like a laser-beam, and even the Hardlight, kicky as it is, feels like its movement is a little tighter and limited to up/down.

Anyone got a hard gatekeeper checkpoint? Got screwed over by checkpoint RNG. So we have done everything up to gatekeeper. And we can't wipe out Atheon checkpoint to do gatekeeper....

WarWolf

Since we are talking about gaffers hopping in and out, personally I don't mind. However I will mention to anyone if I am waiting for a friend and politely ask them to leave. and I am also starting to get random fr since hitting lvl30 :/ please mention of you're from gaf if you want to add me.

I've jumped in your games a few times. I've tried going the route of asking people but usually people don't respond. Probably due to PSN being shitty with delays.

Deku Tree

It takes me like at least a week to level An exotic or legendary with xp. Even then I usually neglect to do the needed farming because it's too tedious.

I personally am mostly happy when people jump into my games if I have a spot open. If I want to go solo I close my fireteam.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I would much rather message beforehand than have to kick also, it always feels bad no matter what.

Why u kick me bro?

The real culprit is the lack of social options/group options in the game. Make it easier to create groups/join up with people who have similar goals (e.g., do a nightfall) and this issue (if it is an issue) goes away.

realcZk

I like the fireteam options, except for Friends of Friends. Yes, it has its place when your buddy has someone to invite - but have just a friends only mode (for friends of the fireteam leader) would be cool. Friends of friends often opens the door for this happening more often with people you don't even know, just random people on your other friends list that are able to join the game because of this option.

also i think its funny that the biggest problem we have in destiny right now is playing with random people and thats what we complained about there not being enough of to begin with. i guess if you want matchmaking for the raid you can just leave your fireteam open :)

zewone

Fuck, I think I'm wrong. When I turned my PS4 on the first time it said 'corrupted' over the Destiny logo, so I panicked a bit and restarted and when I did the logo was back and it said added upload file in notifications and I assumed it was an update.

Now I'm thinking my fucking game has corrupted and all my data is wiped. I may have a breakdown.

:edit: yes, it's installing the fucking game again.. surely my data is saved externally though. I'm a cynic by nature so panicking.

All your saves are server side. I can log into my character at a friends house just by signing into PSN.

No worries, dude.

LiK

I'm on tonight. I can do one or two runs max. Invite me if you see me on.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I only jump into GAFfers games who have jumped into my games, no one yet has asked me to leave
I did have a GAFfer boot me out of Raid when I saw them 5/6 for like 10+ minutes, then when I joined, get instantly booted right when I was heading towards them
Not even a message of why or explain afterwards, I already had done the Raid on char, so no loot, just help, their loss
I even ask do you need help just as I come in, most are cool with it

Most of the time I see 2/3 on a Nightfall or Weekly, I jump in to help, I already do all that shit on reset anyway, it's not like I'm hoping they have boss @2% and net me goods
Hell I even show them a few cheese spots they don't know for future reference

Only time I get annoyed is the random Raid invites while I'm busy with something
I was really knocking out bounties that were piled up on all 3 of my chars, I respectfully declined saying, I'm busy doing something else, yet they sent 4 more invites afterwards!
I get PSN can be a bitch with the messaging, but seriously if I don't join in < 3 minutes, than grab someone else

Also 1 thing all you raid invitation people need to realize, don't send out 20+ different people invites, then when people start swapping gear/weapons to come in, it fills up and you say tough luck, it's fucking super rude
Whoever does the first come first serve method, I go out of my way not to help any more

Seriously pick 1-2 people at a time wait a minute or two, see how many join and repeat
Don't blitz have your FL and then when people stop their shit to join and get blocked out to not joining fast enough is frustrating

It takes me like at least a week to level An exotic or legendary with xp. Even then I usually neglect to do the needed farming because it's too tedious.

I personally am mostly happy when people jump into my games if I have a spot open. If I want to go solo I close my fireteam.

You need 150,000 XP Exotic, that's roughly 30 bounties with the +100rep/5000 XP
If no telemetries are involved

It takes a fucking while even if you do the 3 char bounty swap

GraveRobberX

^ sometimes people are in party chat so they can't warn before they boot. We had to do that before.

Yeah cool, I understand
Just PSN message me afterwards saying, hey sorry had to boot ya, this is why

It goes a long way
Sometimes people joining are joining to help, not get a free ride to loot or grab a checkpoint
Hell people give checkpoints away here regularly

I have oracle checkpoint on HM on all 3 chars, was gonna give away checkpoint later on today so people can grab it
Passing it Forward

I can see both sides kind of. I never join someone's session unless i know them in real life or if it was arranged in here or destiny lfg. As far as people joining up with me,I really don't mind. I do have a couple of Co workers that play and one of them I game with most of the time, the other is kind of annoying so I try to act like I didn't see him just join my fire team. I'll log off quickly, log back on and set my team to invite only lol.

I did run into someone a week or so ago thru destiny lfg that I cheesed atheon with. Sent friend request and a week later the dude randomly joined me while I was doing a solo Nightfall. He saw that I was at the beginning and bounced without saying anything. That just made me think dude was just trying to hop on at the end for a quick reward, which is fine if i post in here that I'm at the boss and offer for some of you guys to join in for the reward, but not as cool for some random I met on destinylfg.

I guess bottom line is if someone joins and contributes, it's all cool with me.

I'm not even asking for someone to necessarily ask before joining. Just ask/say something when you join. "Hey man, cool if I tag along?" Problem solved. I just have a serious problem when people join without asking and then don't bother saying anything once they hop in. The responses to that notion on this thread are pretty hilarious when I think about what these people may be like when they aren't sitting in front of a video game console. Ah well, good thing this is a fun hobby and nothing more for me.

Just has a super productive lunch break today. While I was home I was hoping to knock out something in the Hard Mode Raid today, even if I couldn't finish it, I thought I'd be able to dedicate a full hour at least.

I decided to turn to desitnylfg.net for the first time. Never tried it, after 5 minutes or so I found a group that was starting at gatekeepers.

Nothing eventful happened for gatekeepers. I got my 3rd titan chest, but no big deal there.

The big deal was this:

7tk1Jv9.jpg

Now, one of those items was a duplicate (not counting the shards), so it wasn't 100% super amazing or anything, I mean... I could have done without my 4th Raid Sparrow.

GraveRobberX

Ascendant shards/energy:

Yeah, right :/

Crucible might be wrong there, but recently chest farming has netted me shards/energy

I was doing the weekly, just as dinklebot scans the computer for generals near the interceptor area
I went into the cave where the Centurion spawns who blocks the entrance, chest was in there, opened it got 2 Relic Iron and Ascendant Energy

I've jumped in your games a few times. I've tried going the route of asking people but usually people don't respond. Probably due to PSN being shitty with delays.
I only jump into GAFfers games who have jumped into my games, no one yet has asked me to leave
I did have a GAFfer boot me out of Raid when I saw them 5/6 for like 10+ minutes, then when I joined, get instantly booted right when I was heading towards them
Not even a message of why or explain afterwards, I already had done the Raid on char, so no loot, just help, their loss
I even ask do you need help just as I come in, most are cool with it

You're guys are good :) I really enjoy playing with my fellow gaffers honestly. My rl friends barely play anyways. Just stating I dont mind people jumping in and out and like it in a odd sense :p I will always do my best to be nice and help people out whenever its needed. In addition I highly doubt I will ever ask a fellow gaffer to leave, if on the extreme situation I do I will be very polite of it and i will also explain why it happen as well. I dislike misunderstanding. It sucks since PSN is slow sometimes and makes it hard to communicate :/

Even Sparrow surfing is more fun than Control.

:loool I've never seen that happen.

Crucible might be wrong there, but recently chest farming has netted me shards/energy

I was doing the weekly, just as dinklebot scans the computer for generals near the interceptor area
I went into the cave where the Centurion spawns who blocks the entrance, chest was in there, opened it got 2 Relic Iron and Ascendant Energy

It was probably true before they decided to upgrade it to legendary status. Since then haven't seen any shards or energy ever. Although the winning thing is misleading since the score has nothing to do with getting stuff.

SkylineRKR

Now that they're all 300, I gotta say, I far prefer the feel of the Hardlight and Shadow Price to Aetheon's Epilogue.

Obviously, AE is great for Raid's because of the oracle damage, and the void damage is great for certain nightfalls/weeklies, but even with stability maxed out that thing feels like it's figure-eighting all over my screen.

The Shadow Price, by comparison, feels like a laser-beam, and even the Hardlight, kicky as it is, feels like its movement is a little tighter and limited to up/down.

Still, AE runs circles around SUROS, Shadow Price etc when it comes to Supplicant killing etc. I dislike the gun, but I always go back to it because the others aren't doing it for me there and they run out of ammo quicker.

I run Normal VoG with maxed AE, Praedyth Revenge (Patience and Time on Atheon), Corrective Measure (Rocket Launcher on Gatekeepers) and only glitches fuck it up. In fact I also run Heroic with it.

GraveRobberX

Some of these bounties and the rewards are really mixed with reward/time ratio

Defeat Phogoth, +100 Rep/5000 XP, < 10-15 minutes
Kill 3 enemies with your super 20 times, +50 Rep/2500 XP, 30+ minutes

Oh the best was kill the first Prince, the ritual site before hellmouth, in the sword of Crota mission netting you +100Rep/5000 XP for 3 minutes of work...

Running into a lot of AFKers in Tigers strikes now. Does reporting help?

I usually pull out my sparrow and use the broad side of it to push the AFKers into certain death. Be it from an enemy, or a hellmouth, whichever works. This helps if they're truly AFK, since they can't trick the game into thinking they are there if they're just sitting at the respawn screen. If they're actually AFK they'll get removed, and hopefully replaced quickly.

Oh the best was kill the first Prince, the ritual site before hellmouth, in the sword of Crota mission netting you +100Rep/5000 XP for 3 minutes of work...

Phogoth bounty nerfed to 50rep/2500xp bro. Look closely.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought of a tip for leveling Exotics that I realized I'd done a few times and had never brought up. Your items retain all the XP they've accrued even if you transfer them in the vault. Also, we all know that equipping items before turning in bounties is the best way to level them by far. So if you're looking to quickly level one up, turn in bounties on one character with that weapon equipped, then put it in the vault and turn in bounties with it equipped on your next character, and so on.

SkylineRKR

Been doing that since this weekend since I created an alt. But it still takes a lot of time to level Exotics. Almost done with Patience and Time. Then on to... Pocket Infinity, Red Death or Mythoclast! I think its going to be PI.

The Gate Lord. If you previously orbited without letting the mission timer reach zero, you'll spawn next to the circle that summons him. Takes a few blasts to finish and orbit out.

I typically do this for every mission, sometimes it fucks you over such as the servitor during the first part of the Venus Library mission. But I know when to reset it now, heh.

commish

If a bounty is not 5000 xp, I almost never bother to do it unless I can do it while doing something else I was going to do anyway. 2500 ain't worth even 10 minutes of my time.

I usually pull out my sparrow and use the broad side of it to push the AFKers into certain death. Be it from an enemy, or a hellmouth, whichever works. This helps if they're truly AFK, since they can't trick the game into thinking they are there if they're just sitting at the respawn screen. If they're actually AFK they'll get removed, and hopefully replaced quickly.

I had a strike in which a guy just followed us a zone and then went AFK. The fucker actually had the audacity to start dancing when we finished. I'll just leave if someone doesn't move for a couple of minutes. Not doing all that work and seeing them get stuff for not doing anything.

I thought of a tip for leveling Exotics that I realized I'd done a few times and had never brought up. Your items retain all the XP they've accrued even if you transfer them in the vault. Also, we all know that equipping items before turning in bounties is the best way to level them by far. So if you're looking to quickly level one up, turn in bounties on one character with that weapon equipped, then put it on the vault and turn in bounties with it equipped on your next character, and so on.

Yep, this is how I do it. Across my three characters I focus on only leveling a few pieces of gear at a time. Trading weapons all day. Otherwise I just have a bunch of barely leveled yellows spread too thin.

commish

I thought of a tip for leveling Exotics that I realized I'd done a few times and had never brought up. Your items retain all the XP they've accrued even if you transfer them in the vault. Also, we all know that equipping items before turning in bounties is the best way to level them by far. So if you're looking to quickly level one up, turn in bounties on one character with that weapon equipped, then put it on the vault and turn in bounties with it equipped on your next character, and so on.

Hasn't everyone with at least two characters been doing this since launch?! I would hope so... it would take forever to level everything up otherwise.

joecanada

I used to say this - I've complained about people randomly joining my fireteam before. And I still feel that way about raids - don't join my raid randomly please. At least ask first. However, if I am doing a story mission, or a nightfall, or a weekly heroic, and you want to join w/o asking, and I have it set to "friends" instead of "invite only", then go for it. Hop on in.

ya I mean if I'm doing nightfall solo , as I usually do, I expect people to join in... its no sweat off my back... sometimes they die and I can't revive them and they just sit there and wait for me to finish.... no biggie, your welcome.

raid though you gotta at least say "hey whats up any room?" you can't just stealth join lol...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The last time I did that Banok, Swarm Prince bounty it was absolutely no question 50/2500 (and yes to the 3 mins of work)

3 enemies with your super 20 times takes me less than 5 minutes as well at the WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE checkpoint.
If a bounty is not 5000 xp, I almost never bother to do it unless I can do it while doing something else I was going to do anyway. 2500 ain't worth even 10 minutes of my time.
just to clarify, the kill bounty in question (Banok) will take nowhere near 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom