• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I had an idea of 2 loot pools for Crucible

The top 3 on each side get thrown into Pool A
The bottom 3 on each side get thrown into Pool B

Pool A would have advantage of better offerings, that an exotic/legendary engram was in there, not guaranteed but a good chance
Pool B would be lesser, but does have a off chance netting you something real good, but the odds will never be in your favor for grabbing an exotic/legendary engram

This way go ahead an afk, net yourself that uncommon/rare stuff
Participate and at least hit the top 6 and get the nest chance possible

Hell if you are cowards and leave do to getting wrecked the other team will get the huge advantage that all 6 of them will get thrown into Pool A and earn some stuff

You can do Pool A:
Legendary, Rare, Ascendant Materials (Legendary)

Pool B:
Rare, Uncommon, Common, Ascendant Materials (Rare)

Exotic would be the free for all item, can jump into both pools, but A pool would have a nice advantage over Pool B rewards
So Pool B getting an exotic to drop for one of the bottom 6 would be like hitting the lottery almost

Problem with that is when people see they are gonna lose they will just bounce (ala Iron Banner).

Instead I always thought the best performers should get better XP & rep. Loot rewards, unfortunately, would probably have to remain the same. I dont like AFKers either. Granted, to other people maybe im an afker. sometimes when it is hopeless I just turn on TV and half pay attention to Crucible (like trying to grind "you must do 5 skirmish matches")

blackflag

ONE LAST SECRET:
If you pop a black wax idol and are standing atop the room outside and someone else kills them - YOU GET GLIMMER. I tried it and laughed out loud. (Maybe it was a glitch but it was hilarious. Guy WASN'T in my fireteam.)

Thanks for the trademark advice!! hehehe

Not a bug, it's meant to be that way to prevent kill stealing and stuff. You'll also get any loot that would have dropped just as if you killed them yourself.

The yellow bar Psions in the nightfall strike are void damage, right?

I have an almost maxed Epilogue and I was still having a lot of problems dropping them. They were able to just walk through my stream of bullets and killed me with one melee (I'm level 29.5). We were fine til about 5 of those spawn at once and then we just got wrecked by their wave attack and just walking through our gunfire and meleeing us.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is this thread moving faster than CoD OT?

I just was away some hours and boom 5 new pages (that means 500 comments for GAF Gold users).
I dunno, but we did pass the 75% mark for this one. This will certainly be the first GAF community I've been a part of to hit double-digit OTs during my time with it. these threads have tended to span 2 Xur visits and that's it, lol

Just got back from vacation and need to do this weeks Nightfall and Weekly 28 on my main and alts. Anyone else?

PSN
Nick_or_Dawood

Lvl 29 Warlocks (2)
Lvl 26 Titan

also open to do a portion of raid (dont have a long time)

joecanada

I swear to god the PvP element of the Thorn bounty is going to make me quit this game. I don't want to have to use a shotgun or fusion rifle as my primary weapon in Pvp and yet I have too as they are my only void weapons. Also void walker grenades seem dreadful compared to Sunsinger...

On a side note - this evening my Voidfang Vestments weren't working in Pvp at all. I was using the scatter grenades for a change and when I died I wouldn't have a full grenade bar, which got me killed a couple of times. Is this a known bug?

its not too bad, I actually just grabbed a shotgun and sniper from the vendor with decent rates of fire, then used ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE (sorry I love that gun) for the rest plus your voidwalker super, nades, and i'm not sure if melee counts ... always play control though and try to hit two or three on a capture point with that super... then just use your secondary mainly, even if you die a bit.

Still can't believe I got VoC and Mythoclast the other night from Atheon. Haven't been able to play that much since then though, thanks to Sunset Overdrive. From the little that I used them, the Vex seems pretty meh overall but VoC just absolutely wrecks. I wish I knew what Mythoclast was like pre-nerf.

LOL! I've been doing the Hive Room thing so long, when I see everyone running up and down the other stairs to get their 20 Fusion rifle 2x kills I'm like.. Just stay over there....

Honestly? My pattern is this:

I take out the three up top.
I go back down and take out my buddies.
Run back to the stairs, actually past the stairs - I touch the last concrete pillar or make a little loop around it if I'm feeling cutesy, and go back for more Hive.

Once they stop spawning, I head up under Loot Cave 3.0 and kill those 3, then back past the Hive Room and back up top again in an attempt to "reset."

9 times out of 10 it just works fine. But when you get people running around up top or into that space, they mess up the timing.

ONE LAST SECRET:
If you pop a black wax idol and are standing atop the room outside and someone else kills them - YOU GET GLIMMER. I tried it and laughed out loud. (Maybe it was a glitch but it was hilarious. Guy WASN'T in my fireteam.)

Thanks for the trademark advice!! hehehe
You get glimmer and XP just from being in proximity of people who get the kill (and yes it works vertically.) That's why if it's just you and someone else fighting the spider tanks, you should stand near them in case they get the final blow or you won't get any of the 500 xp.

I have an almost maxed Epilogue and I was still having a lot of problems dropping them. They were able to just walk through my stream of bullets and killed me with one melee (I'm level 29.5). We were fine til about 5 of those spawn at once and then we just got wrecked by their wave attack and just walking through our gunfire and meleeing us.

Void shields. Lightswitch is also a modifier so melees are going to be one hit kill.

NeOak

Their shields, white health bar, are void, yes. After that, no element like everything.

They are bullet sponges.

phen0m24

You led us last week or two weeks ago. Why don't you start it up? I can join around 8 CST tonight.

Looks at Scarlet...
Looks at Hoodbury...

If you guys are raiding at 9, EST (8CST) if I'm on and you need one (and assuming my alternative duty is not required) I'm game.....

ethomaz

Banned
Still can't believe I got VoC and Mythoclast the other night from Atheon. Haven't been able to play that much since then though, thanks to Sunset Overdrive. From the little that I used them, the Vex seems pretty meh overall but VoC just absolutely wrecks. I wish I knew what Mythoclast was like pre-nerf.
Vex nerf was terrible... it was crazy OP before.

VoC is a lovely primary weapon... good impact, good firerate, good stability, good range, automatic, solar damage.

Well it is a Suros enhanced without any nerf.

joecanada

Problem with that is when people see they are gonna lose they will just bounce (ala Iron Banner).

Instead I always thought the best performers should get better XP & rep. Loot rewards, unfortunately, would probably have to remain the same. I dont like AFKers either. Granted, to other people maybe im an afker. sometimes when it is hopeless I just turn on TV and half pay attention to Crucible (like trying to grind "you must do 5 skirmish matches")

you aren't going to get around these issues... random is the only way to go with booting of idles....
there is no other way and any proposal that I see flat out won't work... people will quit out every time. the loot system in pvp is fine , except it rarely gives you anything good. better for bungie would be to increase drops for everything, keeping casual players more interested.

Winning in crucible should in no way be tied to loot. And I win in crucible often enough.

I had an idea of 2 loot pools for Crucible

The top 3 on each side get thrown into Pool A
The bottom 3 on each side get thrown into Pool B

Pool A would have advantage of better offerings, that an exotic/legendary engram was in there, not guaranteed but a good chance
Pool B would be lesser, but does have a off chance netting you something real good, but the odds will never be in your favor for grabbing an exotic/legendary engram

This way go ahead an afk, net yourself that uncommon/rare stuff
Participate and at least hit the top 6 and get the nest chance possible

Hell if you are cowards and leave do to getting wrecked the other team will get the huge advantage that all 6 of them will get thrown into Pool A and earn some stuff

You can do Pool A:
Legendary, Rare, Ascendant Materials (Legendary)

Pool B:
Rare, Uncommon, Common, Ascendant Materials (Rare)

Exotic would be the free for all item, can jump into both pools, but A pool would have a nice advantage over Pool B rewards
So Pool B getting an exotic to drop for one of the bottom 6 would be like hitting the lottery almost

Oh didn't realize some bounties got nerfed, I should pay attention more to the XP/Rep+
I just grab, do, earn it on all 3 chars, heh

I posted these a few days ago:

Factions Wars
Every weekend should have a cycle of 1 of 3 game types. First, let’s promote Salvage to a full time playlist. This way we have Clash:Control::Skirmish:Salvage. Rumble of course should remain as the standard FFA option. Now the weekend playlists should be a Fri/Sat/Sun thing, and they should exclusively offer rep for 1 of 3 factions. They should also have small chances of dropping those faction’s weapons, armor, and shaders. All victories should have a base of +25 rep for win, +15 rep for loss. Faction class items are ignored for these game types.

New Monarchy – Free Fire
Free Fire means friendly fire is now turned on. Using a modified Skirmish mode; Dead Orbit wants to make sure you aren’t just some loose cannon, but an expert marksman and a great team player. Penalties for Friendly fire will also be in place, something like -50 points, as well as an extra 2 seconds on your respawn timer. 10,000 to win. Now, we’ll want a kick prompt like we did in the halo days to avoid trolling. The person or persons on the winning team will the fewest team kills will net an extra +5 rep for a win.

Future War Cult – Combined Arms
Future War Cult believes that the future is all about taking the battle to the skies, about 3 feet (1 meter) into the skies precisely. This is a modified Clash game type. All maps will spawn with 3 interceptors. 3 Fresh interceptors will spawn again every 2 minutes, unless an interceptor hasn’t moved from its spawn location. 5 Pikes will also be placed around the map in various locations, they will also be on 2 minutes timers, though they will only spawn after the previous pike has been destroyed. Finally, there will be no special weapon ammo drops/crates. Only normal ammo will drop from crates. Heavy ammo will still spawn normally. The person or persons at the end of the match with the most combined interceptor and pike kills will get an extra +5 rep, winning team not necessary.

Dead Orbit – Betrayer
Betrayer is based on the Halo Juggernauts of old. A modified version of Rumble, a Knight’s Sword spawns in the middle of the map, the first player to grab it gains an extra shield bar, and cannot drop the sword. Getting a kill with the sword is an extra 100 points on top of the standard 100 for a kill. FFA is still active, and you can kill anyone around for the base 100 points. Score goes to 3000. Killing the sword user instantly transfers the sword to you and nets you 250 points. The person or persons with the most kills as the Betrayer will get an extra +5 rep.

Also what I think Strike Playlists should play like:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...hat_destiny_would_should_look_like_with_loot/

you aren't going to get around these issues... random is the only way to go with booting of idles....
there is no other way and any proposal that I see flat out won't work... people will quit out every time. the loot system in pvp is fine , except it rarely gives you anything good. better for bungie would be to increase drops for everything, keeping casual players more interested.

Winning in crucible should in no way be tied to loot. And I win in crucible often enough.
I remember getting Plan C and Patience and Time from Crucible two days in a row the first week I hit 20, but since then I've gotten jack squat.

phen0m24

You get glimmer and XP just from being in proximity of people who get the kill (and yes it works vertically.) That's why if it's just you and someone else fighting the spider tanks, you should stand near them in case they get the final blow or you won't get any of the 500 xp.

NT22, you know what would be awesome then? A whole bunch of guardians sitting atop the room outside - just sitting.

All pop idols, and one at a time one goes downstairs for a few runs at the Hive.

(people racing by on their way to the Mothyards in a feeble attempt to eliminate the target:)

"Whatcha doin?"

"Working. Just got more glimmer!"

A Sit In at the Steppes

Pickman

Thanks Kor, will have to check it out.

Kinda got miffed when one dude sat down in the middle of my Hive Room (TM) once.

It was like he was interrupting a family reunion.

My fav spot for farming hive Majors is on Earth. Right when you go on Patrol, there's that shed with stairs to the slight right ahead of you with a bunch of vandals and dregs around some broken down trucks.

Go down the stairs until you're in a room with a couple vandals that's all dark except for a map wall separated by a couple doorways. To the right is a hole punched in the wall. Go down the hole, turn left, and go down a short stairwell. There's an open area on the right and once you go through there, turning left you'll find a room with 3 Hive Majors (a knight and 2 acolytes) at lvl 6 or something like that. It takes a few rounds from a SR to kill them.

To reset them you just have to run back up to the hole in the wall where you entered (10 sec away) and run back and they respawn immediately.

joecanada

Thanks Kor, will have to check it out.

Kinda got miffed when one dude sat down in the middle of my Hive Room (TM) once.

It was like he was interrupting a family reunion.

hey i thought everyone did that for the moon... grab a bounty on the way in , chest loop, then the hive entrance there is sometimes a chest at the top of the hill under that pillar, so while you are there.......... you can't just let those knights stroll around like they own the place.

Kalamari

I finally got Atheon's Epilady last night in a normal run. It seems like a pretty decent gun, I don't know why people dislike it.

Ateron

Got the Monte Carlo in the Nightfall yesterday. The weapon looks sleek but that's all about it. It really sucks donkey balls and I don't know why is this weapon an exotic. The exclusive perk isn't all that hot for a bladedancer with fast twitch. Might be good for the Gunslinger class, if you're into knife juggling. Other than that, piss poor damage coupled with poor stability with no means to improve on it. I can improve its range, but with that stability seems worthless.

Suros/Shadow Price/Vanquisher VIII remain the better ARs for me. Even Hardlight is better than MC. Will try again the nightfall on my alt (last time it gave me a DYN for soloing it, was more than pissed). Maybe it will give me a Hawkmoon this time (it won't).

I swear to god the PvP element of the Thorn bounty is going to make me quit this game. I don't want to have to use a shotgun or fusion rifle as my primary weapon in Pvp and yet I have too as they are my only void weapons. Also void walker grenades seem dreadful compared to Sunsinger...

On a side note - this evening my Voidfang Vestments weren't working in Pvp at all. I was using the scatter grenades for a change and when I died I wouldn't have a full grenade bar, which got me killed a couple of times. Is this a known bug?

I was dreading that part of the bounty myself, but thankfully I was able to complete the other day. If you have an Atheon's Epilogue it makes it much easier. At first I did not like using that gun in PvP, but as soon as I got the stability upgrade I was crushing people. Usually not a fan of those low impact, high rate of fire ARs, but if you can keep a stream of bullets to the head you will see people life bars just melt away. That thing is like a laser. If you don't have that gun, then good luck. Don't think I would have been able to do it without it especially since I'm a hunter with no void special or grenades.

I was dreading that part of the bounty myself, but thankfully I was able to complete the other day. If you have an Atheon's Epilogue it makes it much easier. At first I did not like using that gun in PvP, but as soon as I got the stability upgrade I was crushing people. Usually not a fan of those low impact, high rate of fire ARs, but if you can keep a stream of bullets to the head you will see people life bars just melt away. That thing is like a laser. If you don't have that gun, then good luck. Don't think I would have been able to do it without it especially since I'm a hunter with no void special or grenades.

Atheon's Epilogue + void shotgun meant I could PvP for that bounty without actually handicapping myself in a major way. Not sure how I would've done it without that as a gunslinger hunter.

joecanada

I remember getting Plan C and Patience and Time from Crucible two days in a row the first week I hit 20, but since then I've gotten jack squat.

I'm going to look up my hours in crucible, can you do that on an app or something? And it has to be like 10 hours/20 hours just in crucible,

not one useful item ever. Not one ass shard, legendary, cool shader even. EVER.

well i suppose you could say decoherent engrams are useful but i could run strikes quicker...

hey i thought everyone did that for the moon... grab a bounty on the way in , chest loop, then the hive entrance there is sometimes a chest at the top of the hill under that pillar, so while you are there.......... you can't just let those knights stroll around like they own the place.

The Knight actually come from their own cave down to the right. I've gotten chests from in there several times as well.

Atkison04

Trying to get a raid group together to run through VoG on normal. Happy to take some new people in there but definitely want a few with experience as well (especially on the relic portions).

My alt (27 hunter) needs a run through after his brother (29 titan) had a really rough loot "situation" after completing the hard raid last night.

Anyway, if you're down to do it in about 3.5 hours, let me know and I'll add you to the following list.

My PSN is GKW212.

1) GKW212 (27 hunter, looking for VoC, PR, perhaps a Horn, and definitely some raid gear)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

I'm interested. I have a gatekeeper checkpoint with my hunter alt, but I also have a 28 titan and 29 warlock that haven't gone thru yet. I'm saving the Warlock for Hawkian's noob raid though. I've only stepped foot in the raid twice with zero relic experience other than picking it up and dropping it immediately.

I do have a 300 Ghorn and a 300 final boss void sniper. Currently leveling up my new scout rifle though, so it isn't maxed. I would either like to find a group to help finish my gatekeeper checkpoint or start this one with you with my titan alt if it works for you. "the7thAssassin" on ps4.

Pickman

So forgive me for being really new to the endgame elements of this game, but I've been a casual until now. I'm about to get Bad Juju this weekend after I talk to Xur and get crucible kills, but I hear it's pretty meh.

I like scout rifles and ar, so what weapon should I be ideally grinding for?

phen0m24

My fav spot for farming hive Majors is on Earth. Right when you go on Patrol, there's that shed with stairs to the slight right ahead of you with a bunch of vandals and dregs around some broken down trucks.

Go down the stairs until you're in a room with a couple vandals that's all dark except for a map wall separated by a couple doorways. To the right is a hole punched in the wall. Go down the hole, turn left, and go down a short stairwell. There's an open area on the right and once you go through there, turning left you'll find a room with 3 Hive Majors (a knight and 2 acolytes) at lvl 6 or something like that. It takes a few rounds from a SR to kill them.

To reset them you just have to run back up to the hole in the wall where you entered (10 sec away) and run back and they respawn immediately.

Pickman!! You go the long way, bro! Scroll up in this thread to see my Hive Room instructions. When you spawn go to the left, and they are immediately down the stairs.... wink wink

I'm interested. I have a gatekeeper checkpoint with my hunter alt, but I also have a 28 titan and 29 warlock that haven't gone thru yet. I'm saving the Warlock for Hawkian's noob raid though. I've only stepped foot in the raid twice with zero relic experience other than picking it up and dropping it immediately.

I do have a 300 Ghorn and a 300 final boss void sniper. Currently leveling up my new scout rifle though, so it isn't maxed. I would either like to find a group to help finish my gatekeeper checkpoint or start this one with you with my titan alt if it works for you. "the7thAssassin" on ps4.

Hey, see if you can get into scarletham's run. I decided to join that one as it was already halfway to being put together. If you cant, I'll add you and we can run it some other time. Sorry for the last second switch.

MADGAME

If there is any interest, I was thinking about running a session this weekend so players can get acclimated to using the Relic. Pick up Raid games have been a lot of fun, but I notice some hesitation for some teams to pick up the relic when they are teleported, or not executing as efficiently due to lack of hands-on time.

I could open a Templar session where players can take turns using the relic to bash oracles, cleanse, kite around, and use the super. You can polish crucial techinques such as kite-bashing then we can wipe before the Templar is dead and someone else can give it a go. Players can come and go as needed.

If no interest, I'll run some normal/hard pickup Raids instead.

I'm going to look up my hours in crucible, can you do that on an app or something? And it has to be like 10 hours/20 hours just in crucible,

not one useful item ever. Not one ass shard, legendary, cool shader even. EVER.

well i suppose you could say decoherent engrams are useful but i could run strikes quicker...

Not sure about the app, but it's right there on the front page of your character on Bungie.net

xzGmE6i.png

phen0m24

Full for 9PM EST normal run.

1) scarletham
2) ColonelOCorn (is that right?)
3) Hoodbury
4) Narmer212
5) WarWolf7
6) GKW212

yes, ColonelOCorn is my PSN name. I had originally planned to change Phen0m24 to ColonelOCorn just so I could put in my gamertag:

"I Outrank Major Nelson"

But then joined the Sony family

Tovarisc

I'm down. level 30 hunter, all maxed weaps, Atheons Ep, Vision, Fatebringer, icebreaker :) Lots of experience, will be home in about 35 minutes though if you don't mind waiting.

PSN is noomi85

You home yet? Will wait for little bit more :b

Edit: He home, we good

Atkison04

Hey, see if you can get into scarletham's run. I decided to join that one as it was already halfway to being put together. If you cant, I'll add you and we can run it some other time. Sorry for the last second switch.

No problem at all! I ran with a good group last night to get to the gatekeepers, but everyone had to call it a night. It was agreed that we would finish it up tonight but no one gave any details to it, so I don't know if that is a real thing or not. I'll friend request you regardless when I hop on this evening.

Bizazedo

I was so psyched for ya when that happened.

I was also gut punched as that's, literally, the last two items in the raid I really want. Sure, Corrective Measures and Hezen Vengeance would be cool, buuuut :).

See ya tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom