• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they lower Vanguard Bounties to 2500XP forever? Got the same amount two days in a row for all of them.

That's odd. Are bounties random or something? I have three today (strike without dying, kill 10 hive majors/ultras, and one of the moon missions on heroic) that are 5000xp.

SkylineRKR

That's odd. Are bounties random or something? I have three today (strike without dying, kill 10 hive majors/ultras, and one of the moon missions on heroic) that are 5000xp.

Another fave of mine, those Hive majors.

But did their spawn rate change? I typically get it twice after I run back to the stairs. But a third time they don't spawn unless I completely go back outside.

joecanada

I usually pull out my sparrow and use the broad side of it to push the AFKers into certain death. Be it from an enemy, or a hellmouth, whichever works. This helps if they're truly AFK, since they can't trick the game into thinking they are there if they're just sitting at the respawn screen. If they're actually AFK they'll get removed, and hopefully replaced quickly.

you should definitely kick afk , I don't mind low level people jumping in as strikes are basically simple, but afk , no way

joecanada

But did their spawn rate change? I typically get it twice after I run back to the stairs. But a third time they don't spawn unless I completely go back outside.

hey I was always wondering if anyone had a tip where to get the hive majors quickest?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I had an idea of 2 loot pools for Crucible

The top 3 on each side get thrown into Pool A
The bottom 3 on each side get thrown into Pool B

Pool A would have advantage of better offerings, that an exotic/legendary engram was in there, not guaranteed but a good chance
Pool B would be lesser, but does have a off chance netting you something real good, but the odds will never be in your favor for grabbing an exotic/legendary engram

This way go ahead an afk, net yourself that uncommon/rare stuff
Participate and at least hit the top 6 and get the nest chance possible

Hell if you are cowards and leave do to getting wrecked the other team will get the huge advantage that all 6 of them will get thrown into Pool A and earn some stuff

You can do Pool A:
Legendary, Rare, Ascendant Materials (Legendary)

Pool B:
Rare, Uncommon, Common, Ascendant Materials (Rare)

Exotic would be the free for all item, can jump into both pools, but A pool would have a nice advantage over Pool B rewards
So Pool B getting an exotic to drop for one of the bottom 6 would be like hitting the lottery almost

Oh didn't realize some bounties got nerfed, I should pay attention more to the XP/Rep+
I just grab, do, earn it on all 3 chars, heh

SkylineRKR

hey I was always wondering if anyone had a tip where to get the hive majors quickest?

Where you spawn at the cosmodrome, in front are the stairs that take you down to a batch of 3 Level 18 majors. I think its the best place. Their spawn rate is rather sick, looking at the stairs is enough for a respawn. And they drop quite a bit of glimmer.

Woken the Hive also works if a Fusion rifle or super move bounty is involved.

Tovarisc

If here is people left who isn't salty at me about group joining discussion :D and interested in VoG Hard full clear then I want you!

Normal stuff expected as in level 29-30 with decently upgraded toys. Previous experience is plus, but not required.

Train leaves once we have full party and will ride on PS4.

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Nightz

4. Bossun

5. -

6. - (tw1st)

phen0m24

Spawn at Cosmodrome Patrol.

Turn slightly left.

Before heading down the stairs, kill the three Fallen.

Go down the stairs then to the right. Kill 3 Level 18 Hive.

Run back to the stairs, then back to the room.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Before doing this "project" use a black wax idol.

my glimmer faming spot for a while now. plus doing the 10 Hive Majors takes about 1 minute. LOL

and why I have 30 black wax idols and usualy turn in about 10 Silken Codex each time hahaha - I've started to see more people doing it now, which is both cool and kinda sad. Those three Hive are like my buddies now. Buddies that I repeatedly shoot at.

noomi

If here is people left who isn't salty at me about group joining discussion :D and interested in VoG Hard full clear then I want you!

Normal stuff expected as in level 29-30 with decently upgraded toys. Previous experience is plus, but not required.

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. -

4. -

5. -

6. -

I'm down. level 30 hunter, all maxed weaps, Atheons Ep, Vision, Fatebringer, icebreaker :) Lots of experience, will be home in about 35 minutes though if you don't mind waiting.

PSN is noomi85

I was doing it with a buddy the other day and it looks like there was a stealth patch that doesn't allow you to just run to the stairs. Also, I think there is a spawning issue if you don't kill the 3-4 fallen enemies just outside the top of the stairs. Usually I run up the stairs in between each set and make sure to kill those dudes. Then run back down. Adds a little time to the bounty but nothing material in my opinion.

SkylineRKR

I was doing it with a buddy the other day and it looks like there was a stealth patch that doesn't allow you to just run to the stairs. Also, I think there is a spawning issue if you don't kill the 3-4 fallen enemies just outside the top of the stairs. Usually I run up the stairs in between each set and make sure to kill those dudes. Then run back down. Adds a little time to the bounty but nothing material in my opinion.

Yeah I did find out that killing the fallen again helps. I saw them on the radar right above the spot, which made me think they might block the majors from spawning.

phen0m24

Narmer to ensure they last longer I usually:

Kill the three up top,

go past the Hive room (TM) and upstairs the other way

Kill the three fallen in that next room (the ones underneath the Loot Cave 3.0 Stairs - plus usually a chest in one of those rooms)

Then start the Hive carnage. (might have to kill the ones up top again though - it's imperfect sometimes especially when there are other lurkers around)

Nightz

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. -

4. -

5. -

6. -

I'll join. No real experience on hard though. Level 29 Hunter, PSN is N1ghtz

Spawn at Cosmodrome Patrol.

Turn slightly left.

Before heading down the stairs, kill the three Fallen.

Go down the stairs then to the right. Kill 3 Level 18 Hive.

Run back to the stairs, then back to the room.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Before doing this "project" use a black wax idol.

my glimmer faming spot for a while now. plus doing the 10 Hive Majors takes about 1 minute. LOL

and why I have 30 black wax idols and usualy turn in about 10 Silken Codex each time hahaha - I've started to see more people doing it now, which is both cool and kinda sad. Those three Hive are like my buddies now. Buddies that I repeatedly shoot at.

Alternatively, if you are trying to do patrols or relic harvests on the Moon, in the Archer's Line, near the "secret" entrance to the hive base, 2 major knights spawn every minute or so. Great if you're running a rotation for chests, patrol beacons, relic harvest.

Hoodbury

Any Raids tonight or tomorrow night around 8 pm CST? 29 Titan Defender. Can do normal or would be willing to try Hard for the first time if a group will take me.

PSN: Hoodbury

Atkison04

I'm not even asking for someone to necessarily ask before joining. Just ask/say something when you join. "Hey man, cool if I tag along?" Problem solved. I just have a serious problem when people join without asking and then don't bother saying anything once they hop in. The responses to that notion on this thread are pretty hilarious when I think about what these people may be like when they aren't sitting in front of a video game console. Ah well, good thing this is a fun hobby and nothing more for me.

For sure man. I don't have a ton of friends on Playstation, so my friend list is basically made up of gaffers or people I've met on destiny lfg. I feel more compelled to help out gaffers,which I will usually post on here if I'm feeling more social and want to hook a few folks up with some easy rewards. On a normal day I'm usually content to just solo stuff or play with my friend from work, but since I'm trying to get into the raid more I'm trying to be a bit more social.

I don't even think I responded to you at all bro. Long day at work and my thoughts are drifting!

phen0m24

Alternatively, if you are trying to do patrols or relic harvests on the Moon, in the Archer's Line, near the "secret" entrance to the hive base, 2 major knights spawn every minute or so. Great if you're running a rotation for chests, patrol beacons, relic harvest.

Thanks Kor, will have to check it out.

Kinda got miffed when one dude sat down in the middle of my Hive Room (TM) once.

It was like he was interrupting a family reunion.

Still, AE runs circles around SUROS, Shadow Price etc when it comes to Supplicant killing etc. I dislike the gun, but I always go back to it because the others aren't doing it for me there and they run out of ammo quicker.

I run Normal VoG with maxed AE, Praedyth Revenge (Patience and Time on Atheon), Corrective Measure (Rocket Launcher on Gatekeepers) and only glitches fuck it up. In fact I also run Heroic with it.

I actually find the AE to be pretty weak against Supplicants. Against the Praetorians and Goblins, sure, it's good, but the Supplicants seem to take damn near half a clip. Granted, I was playing as a 29 on Hard recently, so that may have colored my opinion.

But I found my 300 Vanguard Scout Rifle way more effective against supplicants.... which makes the fact that portals are randomized even MORE annoying.

Bossun

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Nightz

4. - Wdungww (if there's still a place, 29 sunsinger fully upgraded AE and IB)

5. -

6. - (tw1st)

Wdungww (if there's still a place, 29 sunsinger fully upgraded AE and IB)

Narmer to ensure they last longer I usually:

Kill the three up top,

go past the Hive room (TM) and upstairs the other way

Kill the three fallen in that next room (the ones underneath the Loot Cave 3.0 Stairs - plus usually a chest in one of those rooms)

Then start the Hive carnage. (might have to kill the ones up top again though - it's imperfect sometimes especially when there are other lurkers around)

I see you trademarked "Hive room" but did not trademark "Loot Cave 3.0." I smell an opportunity.

When you start the "Hive Carnage" (trademarked? I think it's cheaper to file multiple trademark requests at the same time... economies of scale and such, I'm just trying to be efficient), do you have to go up the stairs again or do you wait at the bottom?

I actually find the AE to be pretty weak against Supplicants. Against the Praetorians and Goblins, sure, it's good, but the Supplicants seem to take damn near half a clip. Granted, I was playing as a 29 on Hard recently, so that may have colored my opinion.

But I found my 300 Vanguard Scout Rifle way more effective against supplicants.... which makes the fact that portals are randomized even MORE annoying.

It's not any better at 30. Supplicants are the one thing that I feel Atheon's Epilogue is just useless against. If I'm holding a plate solo, I'm either getting overwhelmed or forced to use Heavy ammo.

Atkison04

Cool I'll be around most of the day so if you look to get a team together I'm willing to jump in. Cleared it on Normal a bunch of times.

I'm game to try. This makes my second raid as of this checkpoint. Your ps id the same as your name on GAF? As soon as I tuck the kids in I'll be game. Only destiny goal for the night is to finish out the raid.

Tovarisc

Edit: Tentatively full as tw1st should be online soon-ish. I hope.

Repost for new page, tentatively 1 spot left.

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Nightz

4. Bossun

5. KlotePino

6. - (tw1st)

ethomaz

Banned
Is this thread moving faster than CoD OT?

I just was away some hours and boom 5 new pages (that means 500 comments for GAF Gold users).

Maledict

I swear to god the PvP element of the Thorn bounty is going to make me quit this game. I don't want to have to use a shotgun or fusion rifle as my primary weapon in Pvp and yet I have too as they are my only void weapons. Also void walker grenades seem dreadful compared to Sunsinger...

On a side note - this evening my Voidfang Vestments weren't working in Pvp at all. I was using the scatter grenades for a change and when I died I wouldn't have a full grenade bar, which got me killed a couple of times. Is this a known bug?

phen0m24

I see you trademarked "Hive room" but did not trademark "Loot Cave 3.0." I smell an opportunity.

When you start the "Hive Carnage" (trademarked? I think it's cheaper to file multiple trademark requests at the same time... economies of scale and such, I'm just trying to be efficient), do you have to go up the stairs again or do you wait at the bottom?

LOL! I've been doing the Hive Room thing so long, when I see everyone running up and down the other stairs to get their 20 Fusion rifle 2x kills I'm like.. Just stay over there....

Honestly? My pattern is this:

I take out the three up top.
I go back down and take out my buddies.
Run back to the stairs, actually past the stairs - I touch the last concrete pillar or make a little loop around it if I'm feeling cutesy, and go back for more Hive.

Once they stop spawning, I head up under Loot Cave 3.0 and kill those 3, then back past the Hive Room and back up top again in an attempt to "reset."

9 times out of 10 it just works fine. But when you get people running around up top or into that space, they mess up the timing.

ONE LAST SECRET:
If you pop a black wax idol and are standing atop the room outside and someone else kills them - YOU GET GLIMMER. I tried it and laughed out loud. (Maybe it was a glitch but it was hilarious. Guy WASN'T in my fireteam.)

Thanks for the trademark advice!! hehehe

Bizazedo

I swear to god the PvP element of the Thorn bounty is going to make me quit this game. I don't want to have to use a shotgun or fusion rifle as my primary weapon in Pvp and yet I have too as they are my only void weapons. Also void walker grenades seem dreadful compared to Sunsinger...

On a side note - this evening my Voidfang Vestments weren't working in Pvp at all. I was using the scatter grenades for a change and when I died I wouldn't have a full grenade bar, which got me killed a couple of times. Is this a known bug?

Bungie calls them features. Makes you have to react to suddenly changing situations that are unpredictable.

A complacent playerbase is a weak playerbase.

(And yeah it's happened to me, to).

KlotePino

Repost for new page, tentatively 1 spot left.

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Nightz

4. Bossun

5. -

6. - (tw1st)

I'm in man! Sedai on PSN if you'll have me. 300 VoC, IB and Corrective Measure and cleared it last week.

Trying to get a raid group together to run through VoG on normal. Happy to take some new people in there but definitely want a few with experience as well (especially on the relic portions).

My alt (27 hunter) needs a run through after his brother (29 titan) had a really rough loot "situation" after completing the hard raid last night.

Anyway, if you're down to do it in about 3.5 hours, let me know and I'll add you to the following list.

My PSN is GKW212.

1) GKW212 (27 hunter, looking for VoC, PR, perhaps a Horn, and definitely some raid gear)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom