• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkison04

If there is any interest, I was thinking about running a session this weekend so players can get acclimated to using the Relic. Pick up Raid games have been a lot of fun, but I notice some hesitation for some teams to pick up the relic when they are teleported, or not executing as efficiently due to lack of hands-on time.

I could open a Templar session where players can take turns using the relic to bash oracles, cleanse, kite around, and use the super. You can polish crucial techinques such as kite-bashing then we can wipe before the Templar is dead and someone else can give it a go. Players can come and go as needed.

If no interest, I'll run some normal/hard pickup Raids instead.

I'd be interested Madgame. I've missed out on all of your invites thus far and could use some (any) time with the relic. I'm already doing Hawkian's noob raid on Friday night, so I told the wife that I would take her out to see Interstellar and grab some food Saturday night to make up for it. I could be down to do that Thursday evening or Sunday earlier in the day if any of those work for you? Even if not I would love to actually raid with some of you guys. Looking for randoms on destinylfg is a mixed bag.

phen0m24

I'd be interested Madgame. I've missed out on all of your invites thus far and could use some (any) time with the relic. I'm already doing Hawkian's noob raid on Friday night, so I told the wife that I would take her out to see Interstellar and grab some food Saturday night to make up for it. I could be down to do that Thursday evening or Sunday earlier in the day if any of those work for you? Even if not I would love to actually raid with some of you guys. Looking for randoms on destinylfg is a mixed bag.

Atkison definitely get in there. MG is excellent at the raid and was very patient with my noob self last week (I was running my son's 27 Hunter alt). I'm still trying to get over how fast we cleared it!!

Have fun

Atkison04

Atkison definitely get in there. MG is excellent at the raid and was very patient with my noob self last week (I was running my son's 27 Hunter alt). I'm still trying to get over how fast we cleared it!!

Have fun

Man I hate my gaf name :/ Why did I pick my last name for an internet forum? I'm definitely down to run with you any of you guys whenever time allows. I'd like to get to the point where I run raid with all 3 of my characters each week, but finding constant players seems like the biggest hold up. Fast clears would be awesome for me, as I "try" to just play for about an hour twenty in the evenings.

koryuken

Vex nerf was terrible... it was crazy OP before.

VoC is a lovely primary weapon... good impact, good firerate, good stability, good range, automatic, solar damage.

Well it is a Suros enhanced without any nerf.

Hopefully they buff the Mythoclast and it is useful again in PVE. I was super pissed at the game for getting garbage 3 nightfalls in a row while all of my teammates got exotics every time. I am no longer pissed, since I got the Vision of Conlfuence along with Corrective Measure from the Normal Raid. I really really wanted VoC, and now I am a happy campter.

Time to do the hard mode and hope for FateBringer :)

MADGAME

Sure, not positive about tomorrow night but Sunday is definite for me. If we find others interested, we'll do a Relic session otherwise we can Raid.

destinylfg has devolved into a total shit show. People asking for money if they clear Atheon for you... telling you the can do XYZ and then having no actual idea how to do XYZ...

coy

Heh, that filled up fast. I'll be on right at 8 -as soon as Survivor is done.

Haha that is my pre-Destiny Wednesday routine as well.

NF #1 = Light Beyond Nemesis
NF #2 = FWC PR Conduit

Happy with an exotic for my lock. That gun, though, I got from faction ranking last week. In fact, all 3 of us got weapons as loot but all were dupes. Energies it is then.

Atkison04

Sure, not positive about tomorrow night but Sunday is definite for me. If we find others interested, we'll do a Relic session otherwise we can Raid.

Sounds good to me, let me know what works best for you bro. Time to get off work which means my gaf creeping is done! If anyone wants to take my gatekeepers checkpoint or start a fresh raid around 6:30EST send me a request on ps4.

SkylineRKR

It's not any better at 30. Supplicants are the one thing that I feel Atheon's Epilogue is just useless against. If I'm holding a plate solo, I'm either getting overwhelmed or forced to use Heavy ammo.

In their weak spot, shooting from the pillar, they die rather quickly I feel. From far or outside of their weak spot no AR really seems to feel that effective on Heroic. I just pop a Fusion out. Have no good handcannon or Scout rifle. From far I snipe them. Sometimes give them some love from the Measure.

I also died on top of a pillar when one exploded via my Tripmine, lol. I guess those things are dangerous anyway.

Hopefully they buff the Mythoclast and it is useful again in PVE. I was super pissed at the game for getting garbage 3 nightfalls in a row while all of my teammates got exotics every time. I am no longer pissed, since I got the Vision of Conlfuence along with Corrective Measure from the Normal Raid. I really really wanted VoC, and now I am a happy campter.

Time to do the hard mode and hope for FateBringer :)

I will be very happy if I get VoC or Praedyth's Revenge tonight. I'll be even happier if I can score some raid armor. Between two characters, I have gotten all of 1 piece of raid armor. That's from 15 or so hard and normal clears... maybe more...

Oh, and last night we beat the hard raid... realcZk gets his second fatebringer and second praedyth's revenge (at least I think that's what it was)... I got a second Shadow Price and a whole lot of shards and enegy... sounds about right...

Atkison04

destinylfg has devolved into a total shit show. People asking for money if they clear Atheon for you... telling you the can do XYZ and then having no actual idea how to do XYZ...

I only use it when I have to. I got blind invited into a raid last night and it was a really cool group. Only wiped once on oracles and got to gatekeepers in like 40 minutes. My first raid it took us like 3 hours to get to that point. Plus, one of the dudes sounded like Vin Diesel, so that was cool lol.

Ragarra

I will be very happy if I get VoC or Praedyth's Revenge tonight. I'll be even happier if I can score some raid armor. Between two characters, I have gotten all of 1 piece of raid armor. That's from 15 or so hard and normal clears... maybe more...

Oh, and last night we beat the hard raid... realcZk gets his second fatebringer and second praedyth's revenge (at least I think that's what it was)... I got a second Shadow Price and a whole lot of shards and enegy... sounds about right...

Should be doing another hard mode this fri evening or sat sometime I think? Im praying to RNGesus for raid boots.

SkylineRKR

Got the Monte Carlo in the Nightfall yesterday. The weapon looks sleek but that's all about it. It really sucks donkey balls and I don't know why is this weapon an exotic. The exclusive perk isn't all that hot for a bladedancer with fast twitch. Might be good for the Gunslinger class, if you're into knife juggling. Other than that, piss poor damage coupled with poor stability with no means to improve on it. I can improve its range, but with that stability seems worthless.

Suros/Shadow Price/Vanquisher VIII remain the better ARs for me. Even Hardlight is better than MC. Will try again the nightfall on my alt (last time it gave me a DYN for soloing it, was more than pissed). Maybe it will give me a Hawkmoon this time (it won't).

Its almost a joke weapon. Its the Super Good Advice of AR's. Design is very sleek indeed. I think thats the only reason why its exotic honestly.

Should be doing another hard mode this fri evening or sat sometime I think? Im praying to RNGesus for raid boots.

Yeah, I'm in. I think everyone else will be in too. Byte and I did a hard raid last night. I'm going to try to level up another Titan before we do the hard raid so I can get another crack at some loot. Byte got another Fatebringer and some other shit I really wanted that he already had. I got my usual shards and energy. Shocking.

If my Hunter somehow gets enough raid armor to get to 29+ before then, that would be nice too. I won't hold my breath.

ERMint13

PvP is either your team is crushing them or your team is getting crushed. I haven't been in one match the past couple of days that didn't have a 3-5k + difference.

I also keep getting dropped into matches where a team is getting murdered. Ugh.

Fucking Atheon!

Minotaurs regain health, people don't get teleported when leaving the past/future. Only two people get teleported into the portals. Getting detained inside the portal. Dying while getting detained as you were jumping to avoid supplicants/Atheon. Stupid random teleports to send three 29s into the portal. Any 29 picking up the relic never survived.

Spent 5 hours over the past two days on this. Seriously fuck Atheon

MADGAME

Fucking Atheon!

Minotaurs regain health, people don't get teleported when leaving the past/future. Only two people get teleported into the portals. Getting detained inside the portal. Dying while getting detained as you were jumping to avoid supplicants/Atheon. Stupid random teleports to send three 29s into the portal. Any 29 picking up the relic never survived.

You forgot Supplicants going into the portal opened by the Vault team.

Fucking Atheon!

Had the pleasure of getting a stasis bubble placed around me, only to then be teleported to the past. Except my statis bubble was in the present. FYI, being outside your stasis bubble means you have 2 seconds to reenter your stasis bubble or die.

ethomaz

Banned
PvP is either your team is crushing them or your team is getting crushed. I haven't been in one match the past couple of days that didn't have a 3-5k + difference.

I also keep getting dropped into matches where a team is getting murdered. Ugh.
Most my matches were decided seconds to end like 20000 vs 19960.

I think you're right. There's a certain convenience factor that is lost; it's how I initiate our raids every week (you won't be able to "Join Session" on me if set to Invite Only) but it's a fair reading of the systems to interpret a Friends Only status as "accepting random joins." I will stop being jesus lazy and set my status on login from now on.

edit: *sigh* But I also don't want to send the signal that I'm not happy to group with people. Invite Only will probably make it look like I'm waiting on a specific group or don't want to be bothered whereas I am almost definitely down to do stuff. Hopefully people will still shoot me a message rather than assuming I'm not available.

The PSN smartphone app can help if you have a lot of trouble with messaging.

Haha no worries, I'm jesus lazy with plenty of stuff. My comment is for people who consider it a big deal that others are dropping in on them, to the point where it upsets them and has them ranting about it here ;P Also, can't you gather a group together and then change the status to Invite Only after everyone is assembled? That way if someone gets disconnected during NF or a Raid, someone else doesn't jump in before they can get back.

You forgot Supplicants going into the portal opened by the Vault team.

Yup, forgot this. Happened to me twice. We always try to get at least 4 people inside as it's pretty hard for two 29s to put down all oracles and these bloody things followed me inside. Blew me up as I was going dark. Second time I realised and managed to take it out.

Had the pleasure of getting a stasis bubble placed around me, only to then be teleported to the past. Except my statis bubble was in the present. FYI, being outside your stasis bubble means you have 2 seconds to reenter your stasis bubble or die.

This is one of the worst things ever. It's like the most bullshit way to die

Kaiken

Banned
If you're open and doing an activity I'm interested in, I'll jump in and always get my headset out to ask what's up. I've been politely asked to leave and that's no problem. No hard feelings. I do the same thing and leave my party open and help/assist when I can or let the random know I'm expecting someone and everyone is cool about it. Except for raids, doors are mostly closed.

hitme

Fresh normal raid. Who wants in? (PS4)

1. Hit-me--

I'll get on and start adding people once we get four.

Anyone interested in Hard Raid starting at Gatekeepers tonight around 7pm EST? Looking for 4 more!

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 29 Hunter

1. Cosmos_Man
2. R0ckman

Please add me as a friend (currently at work), and Quote with your PSN ID added to the number list.

I feel that pain. 3 Mythoclasts and got a 2nd Gjallarhorn from the nightfall.

The absence of good loot from 3 nightfall and hard raid runs this week has really discouraged me from continuing playing the game. it's understandable and common in loot games where it gets harder and harder to get good loot once you have most of the good loot in the game. The thing that bothers me about Destiny is that I have to wait an entire week to have a chance at good loot again

R0ckman

Yup, forgot this. Happened to me twice. We always try to get at least 4 people inside as it's pretty hard for two 29s to put down all oracles and these bloody things followed me inside. Blew me up as I was going dark. Second time I realised and managed to take it out.

This is one of the worst things ever. It's like the most bullshit way to die

They honestly should not have the shields, its buggy, not interesting and just waste time. Take them the hell out of the game.

hey I was always wondering if anyone had a tip where to get the hive majors quickest?

Patrol on earth. Right when you spawn there's a building. Go downstairs and there are 3 hive majors one knight and two acolytes that are spawning constantly. Kill them, go away for a few seconds and then go back. Takes less than 2 minutes to complete that bounty

Had a fun glitch. Atheon teleported nobody. We had him down to less than 25% when one guy and myself went down.

I brought myself back to life and revived the other guy. Then Atheon teleports just me... wipe.

Then we destroyed his ass..

Jack squat on the raid this week. A legendary Bond and another chatterwhite? Fuck that shiz.

That bond is seriously a slap in the damned face since it does absolutely nothing.

Had a fun glitch. Atheon teleported nobody. We had him down to less than 25% when one guy and myself went down.

I brought myself back to life and revived the other guy. Then Atheon teleports just me... wipe.

Then we destroyed his ass..

Jack squat on the raid this week. A legendary Bond and another chatterwhite? Fuck that shiz.

That bond is seriously a slap in the damned face since it does absolutely nothing.

but it's sparkly

benjammin

Fresh normal raid. Who wants in? (PS4)

1. Hit-me--

I'll get on and start adding people once we get four.

I'm in, but I won't be home for about 40 minutes. I'm benjammin172 on psn if you can wait! Level 28 Hunter with maxed voc, ib, and a hezen vengeance that's only missing the 4 damage upgrades and Oracle upgrade

joecanada

In their weak spot, shooting from the pillar, they die rather quickly I feel. From far or outside of their weak spot no AR really seems to feel that effective on Heroic. I just pop a Fusion out. Have no good handcannon or Scout rifle. From far I snipe them. Sometimes give them some love from the Measure.

I also died on top of a pillar when one exploded via my Tripmine, lol. I guess those things are dangerous anyway.

I'm no expert but I would say you need a high impact weapon (my hand canon works well) but also if you stay on top of the pillar they can't really reach you anyway and grenades are a good idea too, hit them up near the portal while your teammates are still inside...

as a last resort you can just trick them into exploding, your radar flashes just before they do so if you see that radar flash, jump, jump, jump!! Ive tested this a bit and I have been able to even jump straight back or sprint and slide without taking any damage at all from them. I expect jump boost is pretty important for this though,,

I can't wait for the expansion in December. I'm kind of bored with Destiny atm, especially because I've pretty much done everything in the game. All I really do is either Crucible, or do the raid and hope RNG gives me what I want.

hitme

Fresh normal raid PS4 starting ASAP (full team).

1. Hit-me--
2. Keltin99
3. Dante316
4. ms1582
5. silvertongueBR

One more.

matmanx1

Nightfall haul from last night's run:

The Warlock got a Light/Beware.
The Hunter got a Mask of the Third Man
I (Titan) got a Comedian arc version. I am actually ok with this because I did not have a legendary arc weapon previously and I like shotguns.

It was a far easier Nightfall run than the previous week's run. The only sort of difficult part was the boss room and that was more tedious than hard. Now to do the Weekly version for some strange coin action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom