• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Can anyone explain to me the story in the vault of glass?
What is the purpose of the whole mission?
What are the oracles other than bullet sponge light blobs?
What are the confluxes? Why do the vex want to sacrifice themselves into the confluxes?
What are the guardians accomplishing by preventing the vex sacrifices?
Who is the Templar?
Who is Atheon? Why do we need to defeat Atheon anyway?
I have no clue about the story of there is any... And I have double digit VoG clears....

Mazre

Looking for people interested in doing the raid on normal on PS4 at around 7:30 PM EST.

1. RedViperN7
2. Soundpross
3. cjarrett3

I don't mind bring new players either so don't be hesitant to join. Let me know here if you're interested and send a FR my way as well.

I'll go, 29 Titan, Mazre_

Are there any noob Raid parties this weekend? Hunter just turned 28 and am ready to get in on this Raid fun.

I have mediocre guns though (ProxCentauri, P&T, Prestige IV), so looking to just get my feet wet, explore, die alot and all that in general.

I want to go in blind before watching any videos on how to succeed.

ocean

Banned
What are the confluxes? Why do the vex want to sacrifice themselves into the confluxes?
Who is the Templar?
I have no clue about the story of there is any... And I have double digit VoG clears....

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/72106015/0/0

Beneath Venus the Vex have constructed a massive structure that is acting as a meeting point of past, present and future. Their long-term goal is to basically unchain themselves from the constraints of a physical reality and turn themselves into a sort of epistomological computer virus in the very fabric of reality, incorporating the very IDEA of themselves into the fundamental laws of the universe. Because in this space, reality and time are starting to be altered, Oracles and Gorgons are basically quantum supercomputers that calculate reality and utilize a weaponized ontology to determine what is and is not real. This is why a Gorgon can look at you and kill you, because it simply unwrites you from existence. Oracles make changes and revisions to reality, and the Templar/Aetheon processes these calculations into existence.

The relic is the last, dying, desperate act of Kabr, a guardian who managed to send word that this was happening. He basically killed a Gorgon himself and hammered its corpse into a vessel for the Light, turning it into a shield that maintains a small space of stable reality around it. Throughout the raid, the Vex are constantly trying to separate you from it, throwing it into the past or future where it can't be used against them. All the guns and armor you find in the raid are the remnants of Kabr's failed raid and will give further info about their wielders and the events of the raid itself. In fact, some of the general exotics in the game once belonged to friends of Kabr too. The Super Good Advice machine gun is one such example but comes from the exotic bounties. This was crafted by a hunter named Pahanin who passed Kabr's warning about the Vault from Venus. After witnessing what happened to Kabr he became deathly afraid of being alone; he reckoned that he could only continue existing as long as someone was able to perceive him. So, to ensure that a mind could perceive him at all times he used an AI gun.

I have found more interesting Lore on Destiny if you guys want I can put it together and post it.
I have found some interesting thing abot:
Rasputin (Very Interesting)
The Future War Cults Big Secret (Very Interesting)
The Nine (Very Interesting)

Edit: The Origins of The Future War Cult, The Exo, and The Stranger? (Must Read)
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/72229891

Edit: What You Need To know About Rasputin (A Must Read)
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/72372509/0/0/1

The Nine and the Origins of The Awoken
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/74062413

Eva Levante's True Goals Unknown (A Must Read)
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/75807564

Who is the Templar?
The real question is what is the story of destiny? Something something darkness, fallen, vex, computer things, Wizards from The moon and more darkness?

FFS... full fresh raid on normal and all I got to show for it is vision of confluence.. :( And I already have one of those!

I WANT RAID GEAR!!! FUUUUCK! Been stuck on 28 forever!

Deku Tree

Are there any noob Raid parties this weekend? Hunter just turned 28 and am ready to get in on this Raid fun.

I have mediocre guns though (ProxCentauri, P&T, Prestige IV), so looking to just get my feet wet, explore, die alot and all that in general.

If your whole team does that I hope your ready for 5-8 hours needed to clear...

Nightz

Thanks... is your psn the same as here? I don't know what time I'll be on tonight, but if I show up for the check point, I'll help you run it as far as you want with my main. If you do get a full team together, don't worry about me. Starting from scratch isn't a huge deal.

PSN is N1ghtz. I can wait for you and we can start a group then.

hydruxo

Who is the Templar?

From reddit:

Beneath Venus the Vex have constructed a massive structure that is acting as a meeting point of past, present and future. Their long-term goal is to basically unchain themselves from the constraints of a physical reality and turn themselves into a sort of epistomological computer virus in the very fabric of reality, incorporating the very IDEA of themselves into the fundamental laws of the universe. Because in this space, reality and time are starting to be altered, Oracles and Gorgons are basically quantum supercomputers that calculate reality and utilize a weaponized ontology to determine what is and is not real. This is why a Gorgon can look at you and kill you, because it simply unwrites you from existence. Oracles make changes and revisions to reality, and the Templar/Aetheon processes these calculations into existence.

The relic is the last, dying, desperate act of Kabr, a guardian who managed to send word that this was happening. He basically killed a Gorgon himself and hammered its corpse into a vessel for the Light, turning it into a shield that maintains a small space of stable reality around it. Throughout the raid, the Vex are constantly trying to separate you from it, throwing it into the past or future where it can't be used against them.

As for some stuff you should earn, here is a taster of info your raid could discover in-character while investigating the vault or getting exotic weapons.

All the guns and armor you find in the raid are the remnants of Kabr's failed raid and will give further info about their wielders and the events of the raid itself. In fact, some of the general exotics in the game once belonged to friends of Kabr too. The Super Good Advice machine gun is one such example but comes from the exotic bounties. This was crafted by a hunter named Pahanin who passed Kabr's warning about the Vault from Venus. After witnessing what happened to Kabr he became deathly afraid of being alone; he reckoned that he could only continue existing as long as someone was able to perceive him. So, to ensure that a mind could perceive him at all times he used an AI gun.

As far as lore goes, Vault of Glass is probably the most interesting thing in Destiny and yet absolutely none of this is explained in-game. It's baffling.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i did one while working today. one dude never did anything, the other guy just sat after the first half, so i cleared to the boss and just sat while i did some work. eventually the one guy came to see what was going on and we killed the boss.

i cant believe so many people do this but there's always at least 1......always

Its basically the norm. When a strike starts 90 percent of the people will turn around at the start of it to see if anyone is leaving.

Looking for people interested in doing the raid on normal on PS4 at around 7:30 PM EST.

1. RedViperN7
2. Soundpross
3. cjarrett3
4. Mazre_
5. spyder_UR

I don't mind bring new players either so don't be hesitant to join. Let me know here if you're interested and send a FR my way as well.
I think I have you on my fr? I will join in. Psn: iRAWRasaurus

PSN is N1ghtz. I can wait for you and we can start a group then.

Could be late. Kids go to bed at 9 and then I have to watch a bit of tv with the wife. If you see me on, great, but really don't wait. I'm actually getting to the point where I have enough awesome gaffers on my list to get a raid together pretty quickly. At least this early after the reset. Lots of people with alts.

Mindlog

As a piece of science fiction the Vault of Glass is one of the most well done concepts in gaming. I don't expect much from science fiction in gaming so I was very surprised when I read the Vault of Glass notes. Wish there was some way to reveal the lore within the story without revealing gameplay mechanics.

patchday

From reddit:

As far as lore goes, Vault of Glass is probably the most interesting thing in Destiny and yet absolutely none of this is explained in-game. It's baffling.

Exactly!!!! Bungie must really hate 'neutral npcs'. We really need some sort of lore master ingame that talks to us and feeds us lore. And dont let Peter Dinklage be the voice actor please. sry Peter I love you but dinklebot is enough

Kaji

You done til DLC then?

Not done, done. Only thing I have left that I want is a Fatebringer and I'll still pvp and run my main raid with guild. Other than that COD is waiting for a spin and AC and DA are not far away at all.

DLC though will rope me fully in again.

I think I just got my first hate mail....

Didn't know people got them for doing bad

Me being European means I experience quite a bit of lag during this time of day. Plus I was on a 17 hunter alt. Dunno whether to be confused or amused...

phen0m24

Sketch, try to level those weapons. Especially any void ones. The Praetorians - even when trying to get the vault door open - have void shields, and it'll be harder to get them down with low level or wrong element weapons. :) There are your marching orders before you take the leap. Get in there, Guardian! :)

Dante316

Ohhhh yea...the titan alt is super lucky, last week I got hawkmoon for doing nightfall and this week I got the last word..yesssssss

125 hours later, finally level 30:

GgV78cw.jpg

I'm looking for 3 for a fresh normal raid, starting hopefully in a half hour (8 pm EST). Currently have 3 lvl 29s. Would prefer some experience, since I've only cleared the raid a couple times. PS4.

Add me on PSN: Dr_LawyerCop

Edit:
Full

1) Deafmedal
2)
3)

Deku Tree

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/72106015/0/0

The relic is the last, dying, desperate act of Kabr, a guardian who managed to send word that this was happening. He basically killed a Gorgon himself and hammered its corpse into a vessel for the Light, turning it into a shield that maintains a small space of stable reality around it. Throughout the raid, the Vex are constantly trying to separate you from it, throwing it into the past or future where it can't be used against them. All the guns and armor you find in the raid are the remnants of Kabr's failed raid and will give further info about their wielders and the events of the raid itself. In fact, some of the general exotics in the game once belonged to friends of Kabr too. The Super Good Advice machine gun is one such example but comes from the exotic bounties. This was crafted by a hunter named Pahanin who passed Kabr's warning about the Vault from Venus. After witnessing what happened to Kabr he became deathly afraid of being alone; he reckoned that he could only continue existing as long as someone was able to perceive him. So, to ensure that a mind could perceive him at all times he used an AI gun.

I have found more interesting Lore on Destiny if you guys want I can put it together and post it.
I have found some interesting thing abot:
Rasputin (Very Interesting)
The Future War Cults Big Secret (Very Interesting)
The Nine (Very Interesting)

Edit: The Origins of The Future War Cult, The Exo, and The Stranger? (Must Read)
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/72229891

Edit: What You Need To know About Rasputin (A Must Read)
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/72372509/0/0/1

The Nine and the Origins of The Awoken
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/74062413

Eva Levante's True Goals Unknown (A Must Read)
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/75807564

It feels almost like Bungie didn't even care about the story, or that was written at the last minute long after the raid had been designed... Hard to believe they put that stuff on a web site for you to read but there is no indication of any of it in the game that I noticed.

The real question is what is the story of destiny? Something something darkness, fallen, vex, computer things, Wizards from The moon and more darkness?

Something... Shoot stuff... Something....

From reddit:

It is baffling... Really weird.. Very different from previous Bungie games...

FINALLY FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!!!OIHF H# HJFHOIP@HFO IN@#OF N#OIF OI@#FOI@#OIFNOI#@ F #@IOFOIF#BOB@FOB#@FB@FUBFOI{IO

Edit: Also Platinum but who cares about that.

deafmedal

I'm looking for 3 for a fresh normal raid, starting hopefully in a half hour (8 pm EST). Currently have 3 lvl 29s. Would prefer some experience, since I've only cleared the raid a couple times. PS4.

Add me on PSN: Dr_LawyerCop

FR incoming! Not super experienced but I've cleared it 7-8 times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom