• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it any good before the AR nerf? Bungie seriously need to stop game wide nerfs.

Yeah seriously. Nerf an entire class just because people complain about one weapon. Sounds like bungie to me

Much better than getting legendary shit you don't need. Dismantling that would have only netted you 2 shards or energy. Not a bad haul, compared to one of my teammates who only got 5 strange coins and I got a legendary I dismantled for 2 energy.

sounds like me the last few weeks. Would always be looking forward to nightfall but I'm kind of bummed lately. I guess its only natural since i have most of what the game has to offer. I guess i'll just wait for the expansion to drop and if I'm still interested ill buy it

So umm...

THIS IS A HUGE PSA to everyone

Reset is now 4AM EST or 1AM PST

Due to Daylight Savings and the 1 hour back, now Reset happens earlier...

I was doing Daily from Wednesday Night, was 6 minutes into 4AM, got no rewards, checked the Daily it has switched to the Swarm Princes mission...
Also the Bounty Board just refreshed, I had done all 6 Bounties, they are back

Guessing Public Time Event for Daily Bonus from Postmaster is also back

So from tomorrow, the reset will happen @ w/e time you remember -1 hour
Yup. That shit happened to me a few days ago and I got real sad. Did that damn story mission for absolutely nothing.

Steroyd

ysPf4aw.jpg

9UVc1In.jpg

And a big F U to your Aetheon "fix".

Shito

Congrats guys on the flawless!
Bungie should put up some kind of hall of fame room in the tower, with the name of all of those who completed the "bugged as all hell" raid...

In other news: it's Xûr Eve!
Who has been a nice guardian and is going to get all of his wishes fulfilled?
Who was naughty with Xûr last time and will only get another repeat of their already owned gear?
Whose guardian's parents are going to shoot for the "useful gift" and only offer their guardians telemetries?

Gosh, I *love* Xûr Eve! <3

Yeah seriously. Nerf an entire class just because people complain about one weapon. Sounds like bungie to me

Meanwhile the weapon that prompted the complaints is still the best weapon for PVP. Sounds about right....

Edit: Congrats Steroyd. You guys have a ton of patience for doing the raid flawlessly despite the glitches.

SkylineRKR

I've been very nice to Xur. Bought Patience, and an assload of heavy synths (feels good to have a stock of 50). And telemetries too. And an SGA thing.

So I want either Horn or Last Word.

TTG

In other news: it's Xûr Eve!
Who has been a nice guardian and is going to get all of his wishes fulfilled?
Who was naughty with Xûr last time and will only get another repeat of their already owned gear?
Whose guardian's parents are going to shoot for the "useful gift" and only offer their guardians telemetries?

Gosh, I *love* Xûr Eve! <3

I have been saving up coins since Surosotia and my alt is almost online for the level 28 weekly, probably will be by the week's end. All I'm looking for really is The Last Word, still...

sounds like me the last few weeks. Would always be looking forward to nightfall but I'm kind of bummed lately. I guess its only natural since i have most of what the game has to offer. I guess i'll just wait for the expansion to drop and if I'm still interested ill buy it

I don't mind the shit Nightfall rewards so much, the XP bonus for the week is my main goal. The extra drops are just icing on the cake for me.

What really pisses me off is complete raids of shards, energies and cosmetics. I've been level 29 for 6 weeks and only got the first piece of raid gear (boots) last week.

Rainmaker

Banned
I hope Xur hooks me up with my dream Titan helm. Then again, no I don't. I just got all of my legendary gear leveled up except for the one last slot on my raid gauntlets. I even have my exotic chest armor finally leveled up.

If I ever get that helmet I'll have to finish leveling up my other legendary chest piece and the new helmet. Then I'll have to level up the rest of the raid gear if and when I ever get them.

Quite frankly the thought of grinding anymore than I have to at this point sounds awful. This fucking game...

I just realized my Heart of Praxic Fire has maxed discipline, so good

I used to discount strength stats and thus broke down a raid chest that had all strength when I got an all discipline one. Biggest mistake ever. Now I have nearly 400 discipline on one of my armor sets for my warlock. And once I went sunsinger with the fire shield perk when meleeing enemies, strength is actually a very useful stat... sometimes more useful than INT considering Ghorn is like having 8 supers (nova bombs more or less) available when at full ammo.

I'm really missing that STR chest piece now, and INT has been very hard to come by for me. I keep getting discipline gear.

phen0m24

So last night was funny. Was part of (accursed autocorrect!) a raid with Scarletham, Narmer, Hoodbury etc al. We died a number of times at the maze and for whatever reason I developed amnesia at the jumping puzzle with my Titan. (Thanks again Warwolf!)

But we eventually took down Atheon and got our loot. Shards, what else?

Then I had a buddy from my friends list ask me if I would help him with Atheon. So I pop on with my Warlock and grab Epilogue and Praedyth. Chat didn't work. We didn't click. But after a few tries - we too took him down. (More shards) But these guys were whooping and yelling. Turns out a number of them had never beaten Atheon before. Here I was making shard jokes and they were talking about texting people and stuff. "I finally beat him!"

Got a feeling for why you vets do what you do. It felt cool to be a part of that.

Now, I still need to do the Nightfall on (all) my chars and 2 of 3 weeklies. Anyone bored tonight that would like to help or hop in please do. If not I'll slog through.

Great game. Great community.

k1t4j

Hey, I have a HM checkpoint at the gatekeepers anyone interested?

I am free all day today if anyone wants to help me get my piece of gear and VoC/Vex Mytho :p

Ambitious

Alright, my next four main goals for Destiny are:
1) Praedyth's Revenge. I am blessed by RNGesus, so I expect to get it in this week's raid.
2) Gjallarhorn. Just a matter of time until Xur stocks it.
3) One of the Dead Orbit shaders (I forgot the name)
4) The Calming (Legendary Arc Fusion Rifle From FWC)

I'm worried about the last two. Even as one of His chosen ones, the chances to get them are hopelessly low. And ranking up two factions several times will take an eternity.

Fitts

Congrats to those who completed flawless! Considering the amount of glitches in the Atheon fight post-patch I'm surprised anyone is able to accomplish it at all in its current state.

Did my first full run through the raid today, I got titan legs and body, AE and PR weapons, chatter white and half a dozen shards and energy. Was super chuffed as now my Hunter will have Ice Breaker, P&T and PR rounding out his elemental damage arsenal.

And congrats to you as well! That's an amazing haul for one run. I've made several trips and every damn one gave me a maximum of one useful item (piece of armor, shotgun/sniper/machine gun) or nothing but shards, chatterwhite, or the sparrow. My latest one finally netted me arms, chest, and AE all in a single run. I know it's wishful thinking, but perhaps drops had been (slightly) improved with the patch. I'm still the only one out of my circle of friends who has yet to get an exotic from that one chest, though...

Fitts

Hoping for Xur to sell Gjallarhorn but expecting Thunderlord.

I truly hope that he never sells the latter. I normally want everyone to have access to the good stuff, (ex: was thrilled when Icebreaker went up even though I already had it) but as someone who has Thunderlord I can say in confidence that it's just too OP for PVP. I've stopped using it in favor of Swarm/Corrective Measure because it's just no damn fun to be that dominant. From the number of Mythoclast users that have appeared both pre and post nerf, however, I don't think that my sentiment would be widespread...

Tovarisc

Game really needs coin sinks, Xûr alone just isn't cutting it. Let me purchase crafting materials [spinmetal, energy etc.] or something equally important. Sitting on 100+ coins with only Thunderlord as upcoming purchase is kinda meh.

Same with glimmer, sitting at 25k cap constantly and there is only so many ammo synthesis packages that I want purchase.

I truly hope that he never sells the latter. I normally want everyone to have access to the good stuff, (ex: was thrilled when Icebreaker went up even though I already had it) but as someone who has Thunderlord I can say in confidence that it's just too OP for PVP. I've stopped using it in favor of Swarm/Corrective Measure because it's just no damn fun to be that dominant. From the number of Mythoclast users that have appeared both pre and post nerf, however, I don't think that my sentiment would be widespread...

Curious to know more, how is it better than other stable high ammo MGs?

Shito

Same with glimmer, sitting at 25k cap constantly and there is only so many ammo synthesis packages that I want purchase.
When I don't need ammo synthesis, I use my glimmer to help level up Rahool.
Not that it's really useful now that he became such a bitch with legendaries in his packages, but it's always something.

Midas

Game really needs coin sinks, Xûr alone just isn't cutting it. Let me purchase crafting materials [spinmetal, energy etc.] or something equally important. Sitting on 100+ coins with only Thunderlord as upcoming purchase is kinda meh.

I totally agree with 116 mote of lights and 118 strange coins.

Tovarisc

When I don't need ammo synthesis, I use my glimmer to help level up Rahool.
Not that it's really useful now that he became such a bitch with legendaries in his packages, but it's always something.

Like I said, game needs good sinks for this shit :D

I don't even remember when was last time Rahool gave legendary engram or turned one into actual item.

So yesterday evening there was a post about VoG lore. Is there any complete source of collected lore we can check? I'd like to see who were the members of the original raid and what happened to each of them after they failed.

Shito

Like I said, game needs good sinks for this shit :D

I don't even remember when was last time Rahool gave legendary engram or turned one into actual item.
Yeah, but sometimes you get a coin or a mote of light from those blues, which you can use to... oh, yeah. :/

Ambitious

At least there's no ridiculously low cap for coins.

Ambitious

I expect 200 / stack for coins and motes. It's weird how some stuff stack to 200 / stack while others just 20 / stack, it just isn't logical.

200 sounds realistic, but it's not that bad if you look at Xur's prices. And it would take quite a while to hit this cap anyway.
The cap on marks on the other hand just sucks.

Atkison04

Did my first complete raid last night from start to finish with my titan alt. Only took about an hour and a half as my team was having issues with Atheon. Got shards, energy, patience and time (just bought from xur) and vision of confluence! That was my most wanted gun! Still have a gatekeepers checkpoint with my hunter and looking forward to the noob raid with Hawkian's team with my warlock. This is the first week I've really raided much at all and it is a blast!

Tovarisc

200 sounds realistic, but it's not that bad if you look at Xur's prices. And it would take quite a while to hit this cap anyway.
The cap on marks on the other hand just sucks.

When you have 200 stack of coins you just start new stack, just like with any "normal" inventory collectible item. I should hit 200 coins in next few weeks.

excowboy

Couple of quick questions -

1) Has the cheese spot behind the crates by Valus Ta'aurc been patched? Just ran a Tiger strike and there seems to be a new bit of geometry that was leaving me stuck in there. If I hadn't had Blink I don't think I would have got out.

2) I thought breaking down brand new legendary gear gave you 2 shards? I just bought a piece from the Vanguard specifically to breakdown and got 3 shards - did I just get lucky?

TTG

I've gotten far enough with the Hunter class to come to a verdict. It's very good. Arc Blade(with Hungering Blade) makes for what is objectively the best super in the game. Throwing knife is a hell of a lot of fun and if it wasn't conjoined to the relatively underwhelming Golden Gun, it would probably tip the scales in the Hunter's favor.

As it stands, I still prefer Void Walker Warlocks, but I'll admit there's personal bias there. I like a ranged super, I stay relatively safe(although when I unlock Hungering Blade, that may very well become irrelevant) and don't feel like a blind dog in a meat market when I activate it. Axion Bolt along with the class perk and Voidfang is by far and away the best grenade of the bunch. But to crown it as that is selling it short, it's an altogether different advantage than any of the other 11 grenade types I've tried(between warlocks and hunters). Lastly, the warlock's recovery ability is so much more potent than a hunter's speed. Sprinting and jumping around is fun and also next to useless. Regaining shield/health quickly on the other hand, that allows a player to press the advantage a lot more aggressively when both parties are dinged up. The armor is a wash, obviously. Always switching weapons quickly and invisibility are cool as well, but not enough to turn the tide.

So there you have it. The slow, ponderous Voidwalker wins. Gunslinger has a fantastic melee and some fun abilities(I wonder how much difference gunslinger's trance makes), but The Golden Gun just isn't as formidable as some of the other supers. Arc Blade absolutely is, but it's ultimately the grenade selection and lack of recovery ability that leave it in second place. I still need to explore some invisibility stuff and it's a great change of pace, so I'll continue to enjoy using it.

PS: this is as it relates to the Crucible. In pve, Sunbros obviously rule due to that crazy phoenix down shit.

I leave you now with the only interesting bit of Destiny lore I've come across, it sums up this post: "He came at me with a knife. I put out my hand and - just so - made him into ash."

squidyj

So umm...

THIS IS A HUGE PSA to everyone

Reset is now 4AM EST or 1AM PST

Due to Daylight Savings and the 1 hour back, now Reset happens earlier...

I was doing Daily from Wednesday Night, was 6 minutes into 4AM, got no rewards, checked the Daily it has switched to the Swarm Princes mission...
Also the Bounty Board just refreshed, I had done all 6 Bounties, they are back

Guessing Public Time Event for Daily Bonus from Postmaster is also back

So from tomorrow, the reset will happen @ w/e time you remember -1 hour

means i get to know what xur is packing an hour earlier.

Ambitious

Speaking of Xur: I can't be the only one who prefers to actually look for him in the tower instead of reading about his location online. It's fun.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've gotten far enough with the Hunter class to come to a verdict. It's very good. Arc Blade(with Hungering Blade) makes for what is objectively the best super in the game. Throwing knife is a hell of a lot of fun and if it wasn't conjoined to the relatively underwhelming Golden Gun, it would probably tip the scales in the Hunter's favor.

As it stands, I still prefer Void Walker Warlocks, but I'll admit there's personal bias there. I like a ranged super, I stay relatively safe(although when I unlock Hungering Blade, that may very well become irrelevant) and don't feel like a blind dog in a meat market when I activate it. Axion Bolt along with the class perk and Voidfang is by far and away the best grenade of the bunch. But to crown it as that is selling it short, it's an altogether different advantage than any of the other 11 grenade types I've tried(between warlocks and hunters). Lastly, the warlock's recovery ability is so much more potent than a hunter's speed. Sprinting and jumping around is fun and also next to useless. Regaining shield/health quickly on the other hand, that allows a player to press the advantage a lot more aggressively when both parties are dinged up. The armor is a wash, obviously. Always switching weapons quickly and invisibility are cool as well, but not enough to turn the tide.

So there you have it. The slow, ponderous Voidwalker wins. Gunslinger has a fantastic melee and some fun abilities(I wonder how much difference gunslinger's trance makes), but The Golden Gun just isn't as formidable as some of the other supers. Arc Blade absolutely is, but it's ultimately the grenade selection and lack of recovery ability that leave it in second place. I still need to explore some invisibility stuff and it's a great change of pace, so I'll continue to enjoy using it.

PS: this is as it relates to the Crucible. In pve, Sunbros obviously rule due to that crazy phoenix down shit.

I leave you now with the only interesting bit of Destiny lore I've come across, it sums up this post: "He came at me with a knife. I put out my hand and - just so - made him into ash."

Except Titans > both.

Couple of quick questions -

1) Has the cheese spot behind the crates by Valus Ta'aurc been patched? Just ran a Tiger strike and there seems to be a new bit of geometry that was leaving me stuck in there. If I hadn't had Blink I don't think I would have got out.

2) I thought breaking down brand new legendary gear gave you 2 shards? I just bought a piece from the Vanguard specifically to breakdown and got 3 shards - did I just get lucky?

You can still get diabetes from Valus Ta'aurc. But there are a few spots so I dont know which one you are talking about. I think it varies from 2-3 ass shards?

Vhayne

Neo Member

I was about to disagree with a couple of your points, until I read you were talking about Crucible only. In which case I tend to agree with everything you said. Though I consider myself by no means a PvP expert, so don't attribute too much value to my endorsement ;-)

Tbh I find the Bladedancer rather lacklustre in PvE content, even with Twitch Blink Strike, Hungering Blade and super. Going into melee range for any prolonged time is often a death sentence, especially in lvl28+ content. Stealth rezzing redeems it somewhat, but I feel that turns me a bit in a one trick pony.

SkylineRKR

To me Bladedancer is the worst class in the game. Its super is good in PvP, if there are victims around. But for the rest... hate its jump and its Super in PvE. And invisibility, well, I stopped relying on it (let alone revive is AWOL in VoG hard). My alt doesn't have anything unlocked on BD, but I never felt the need to switch anyway.

Gunslinger has Gunslingers Trance, Chain of Woe, triple jump and a knife. The Knife needs a PvE buff I think. If an enemy sways a little you miss. Its a bit useless but Knife juggler on dregs/thralls is fun.

GT and CoW are fucking incredible in both PvP and PvE. I get lightning fast reloads on the Patience and Time for example. Golden Gun is a weak super overall, but useful against groups of trash mobs, and also against Oracles. In PvP I usually get a kill or 2 but when they're grouped in Control sometimes much more due to combustion. But taking CoW, GT and movement into account, the general gunplay of a Gunslinger is excellent. And its what I do 90% of the time.

Tovarisc

That was an empty bubble mate. I'm over here and that's a sticky nade blocking your comm unit ;)

This reminds me. Defender titans standing in their little bubbles is so cute, they think that they are so powerful and nothing can harm them.

Then they take nova lance to face and turn into, well, ash.

Zakalwe

Banned
This reminds me. Defender titans standing in their little bubbles is so cute, they think that they are so powerful and nothing can harm them.

Then they take nova lance to face and turn into, well, ash.

This one reads a little desperate, kind of like a warlock flailing around inside a blinding ward.

noomi

it seems that the only viable hunter exotic armor comes from the helmets.

I have the raid helm and would love to wear it but the hunter exotic chest and gauntlets seem a little sub-par compared to the exotic helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom