• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Man, after finally using a halfway upgraded Gjallahorn last night in the hard raid....

It feels bugged. I'm sorry, it does, the amount of damage seems higher than it should be even given the numbers that are appearing.

Great for us, but still, it's crazy.

There's a reason most of the top ranked Crucible players are Hunters m8.

I find myself agreeing with Fig again. Just because I do pretty well in Crucible these days due to my lightning grenades on the Titan (seriously, if used properly they're amazing), it doesn't blind me to how good Huntahs are.

Pickman

Looks like someone doesn't play much crucible. ;)

For reals. I was running a 10 kill streak and feeling invincible last night on Control, then I see a hunter running toward me with a glowing white knife.

okay-face.jpg

blackflag

Yup.

Got every class leveled up. Hunter sucks balls.

Warlock and Tifan kick ass

Pretty much. Hunter was first class I ever leveled up and the only one I played for the first month. Now I have a level 29 of each class and hunter is the last class I choose to do anything with.

Sullichin

I have an average of 1.5 k/d with my titan, but cant even get 1.0 with my warlock. Idk what it is. Warlock doesn't gel with me the way titan does. Not to mention my titan has mostly str which I dont even want. My warlock has an almost perfect int/discipline combo. I've tried voidwalker and sunsinger. Axion bolts also never kill, just do small damage.
Axion bolts are excellent, they track an enemy like crazy. They won't kill but they finish or start the job. Solar grenades as a sunsinger are great for area denial especially in control, or you can rack up kills with the fusion grenade.
Nova Bomb is a free kill button or you can self revive or be harder to kill while tossing a ton of grenades. Warlocks are awesome in PVP.

Jito

Banned
This really grinds my gears, so today the daily is Sword of Crota right? And the only bounty mission available today is Shrine of Oryx. Why not just make the bounty Sword of Crota today with all the people doing the daily, that way we don't have to do a pointless story mission for no rewards.

Haven't run Nightfall yet so was testing the spot out and not too confident now! It happened a few times as I was testing the spot out but maybe I was just unlucky.

I've used the spot somewhatgroovy posted at some point. No jumping through crates just hiding behind the ones you see at the entrance to the boss. Can clear the adds easily and hit the boss when he's on the near side. When he's on the far end you can snipe him by moving out a bit and most of the time he won't shoot. He can hit you and adds get to the spot but nothing being careful won't solve.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...oovy&vid=6ac8faf7-204a-4e9d-ad48-c1b537b3db84

Sullichin

This really grinds my gears, so today the daily is Sword of Crota right? And the only bounty mission available today is Shrine of Oryx. Why not just make the bounty Sword of Crota today with all the people doing the daily, that way we don't have to do a pointless story mission for no rewards.

At least you can still do those bounties. it's so annoying when there's a crucible bounty for a game mode you can't choose

RNG is a cruel mistress

Shito

Wow, that is crazy that DeeJ sent a guy Fate of Fools! The first true "exotic" in the game. Shame they will probably forget their good will next week and nerf it to nothingness. Either that or sell it at Xur this weekend. That would be hilarious.
Pretty cool of them!
But as a scout rifle user, I find that first perk quite crappy... I don't want to be forced into doing body shots before going for a precision one!
Still, would love to try it out... :D

Bizazedo

RNG.

Also, you do get a reward. XP + rep!

realcZk

Pretty cool of them!
But as a scout rifle user, I find that first perk quite crappy... I don't want to be forced into doing body shots before going for a precision one!
Still, would love to try it out... :D

Yeah, that perk makes me question its viability a bit. If its significant bonus damage then it *might* be handy on major/ultra enemies rather than constant head shots... but for trash I always go for headshots.

So, i finally did the raid yesterday, my haul, 10 ass shards, 11 ass energies, fucking.chatter.white...and that´s it, brutal and soulcrushing, i don´t even feel like playing anymore this week, and i could because i have 3 characters, but this shit is too much.

In the meanwhile, all my pals had "bad luck" too, i mean, they got several weapons and armor pieces, but they already had them all...one in particular received his fourth Vision of Confluence (FOURTH, i would sell my soul for one), his second Truth, and his third Praedyth´s Revenge, a bunch of shards too...but he has ZERO raid gear, and we played the raid a lot already, he is quite mad.

Oh, yeah, i did my third and last nightfall, got Universal Remote AGAIN, yeah, that gun that i will never use.

RNG in this game is the fucking worst thing ever.

LiK

Writing a blog post about my Flawless experience. I guess if you're bored, you can read it when it's up, heh

forrest

formerly nacire
I've used the spot somewhatgroovy posted at some point. No jumping through crates just hiding behind the ones you see at the entrance to the boss. Can clear the adds easily and hit the boss when he's on the near side. When he's on the far end you can snipe him by moving out a bit and most of the time he won't shoot. He can hit you and adds get to the spot but nothing being careful won't solve.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...oovy&vid=6ac8faf7-204a-4e9d-ad48-c1b537b3db84

This. I soloed it on both of my hunters fairly easy. When the boss is on the far side is when I would move out and do a bit of add clean up just to be "safe" though I'm not sure how necessary it actually is. When the boss is on your side, you can peak out from the left side of the box just enough to get head shots without him actually shooting at you. Just make sure when he is walking back that you're centered behind the crate as he can squeeze rockets in between the wall and the barricade that is in front of the box.

You can also play it safe and just shoot him in the elbow when he is close to you, though you'll need to make sure you have enough ammo just in case you run low.

Definity

That's pretty cool of Bungie! I love my vision of confluence, especially when I'm rolling with my sunbro and pop radiance.

Wow, that is crazy that DeeJ sent a guy Fate of Fools! The first true "exotic" in the game. Shame they will probably forget their good will next week and nerf it to nothingness. Either that or sell it at Xur this weekend. That would be hilarious.

Well, shit.
Bladedancer is great in the crucible, but gunslinger is only meh. Can someone explain to me what role gunslinger really fills?

Hah, git gud m8.

My Gunslinger slays.

Grimsen

What's the strategy for leveling an alt again?

f you're playing PVE only, stick to missions at your level or under. Do bounties to stay ahdead of the level curve.

Keep armor engrams for your alts to gather class-specific mats and possibly get legendaries, to lessen the Vanguard rep/mark grind once you hit 20.

zewone

The only thing Warlocks having going for them are the "best" (cheapest) grenades.

Fusion has a ridiculous sticky auto aim and Axion bolts will chase you around a corner, through your bushes, find your spare key under the carpet and come into your house to track and kill you.

Both Warlock supers are pretty trash in PVP. Nova Bomb is really only worthwhile in Control when people are forced to bunch up.

zewone

Bladedancer is great in the crucible, but gunslinger is only meh. Can someone explain to me what role gunslinger really fills?
lol, wth? Gunslinger is better than bladedancer in a good players hands. You stay out of danger and get 4 one shot kills. Its probably the most consistent Super out of all 6. If two Gunslingers are working together, they can constantly chain GG to fill each others Super meters. My friend and I wreck games as slingers. Not to mention the reload perks that are handy for any gun.

Cømet

Banned
I'm sparrow dancing but there's literally no one in my world instance to be in awe of it :(
Dat unparalleled next-gen experience.

phen0m24

Writing a blog post about my Flawless experience. I guess if you're bored, you can read it when it's up, heh

Wish you all had a stream of that.

We were in the jumping section last night and Narmer was saying there was a path to a gate off to the left, and we wondered if it was available to a flawless crew..

Hoodbury tried to jump to it.

that didn't turn out well

(Like I can say anything, I couldn't get across the puzzle for the life of me this time)

realcZk

fate of all fools: a flawless experience
by lik

lik's plams are sweaty
knees weak, arms are heavy
there's five sets of eyes on him already
thrust is ready
but he keeps on forgetting
when he jumps down
the whole party goes so loud
he's thrusting now but gravity keeps him down
hes choking, how, everybody's jokin now
the clocks run out, times up, guardian down

Ambitious

When I invite a player right before killing the Nightfall boss, does he have to actually spawn in the game to get the rewards, or is it sufficient if the "Player has joined the fireteam" message appears?

It's probably the latter, but I just want to make sure.

KeRaSh

Oh, yeah, i did my third and last nightfall, got Universal Remote AGAIN, yeah, that gun that i will never use.

RNG in this game is the fucking worst thing ever.

Also got Universal Remote from the Nightfall. I already have one and I don't even use that one... Insta-Sharded that crap...

Pilgor

When I invite a player right before killing the Nightfall boss, does he have to actually spawn in the game to get the rewards, or is it sufficient if the "Player has joined the fireteam" message appears?

It's probably the latter, but I just want to make sure.

Better invite me to be sure!

JayEH

Nothing infuriates me more than a guy in a hard raid that says he has experience and then wonders why he is in a bubble for the Atheon fight/ wondering why he can't be revived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom