• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Got all the gear to get to 30 the other day, been busy with work, going to do nothing but grind to 30 before doing anything else in Destiny... need more experience... need more materials...

...who inside Bungie decided that farming was a good fun player activity in a "shared world shooter"? That person should be fired IMO.

realcZk

What primary weapons would you guys recommend for the hard raid if you don't have any raid weapons?

If you like handcannons, The Devil You Know from vanguard vendor is great and worth maxing out for the hard raid. There's a lot of weapons that aren't raid weapons that do an excellent job in the raid. If you list the ones you own I could give you my preferences and why.

Milennia

fate of all fools: a flawless experience
by lik

lik's plams are sweaty
knees weak, arms are heavy
there's five sets of eyes on him already
thrust is ready
but he keeps on forgetting
when he jumps down
the whole party goes so loud
he's thrusting now but gravity keeps him down
hes choking, how, everybody's jokin now
the clocks run out, times up, guardian down

Perfect

I basically intimidated and made the entire group afraid of dying before running it that night which made the new people play better I guess lol

Flat out said if you die on the jump section your doing it our way or not at all

Zakalwe

Banned
fate of all fools: a flawless experience
by lik

lik's plams are sweaty
knees weak, arms are heavy
there's five sets of eyes on him already
thrust is ready
but he keeps on forgetting
when he jumps down
the whole party goes so loud
he's thrusting now but gravity keeps him down
hes choking, how, everybody's jokin now
the clocks run out, times up, guardian down

Yeh, Lik's sweaty plams were always a hot topic on our runs.

Tovarisc

It's the little things.

Little things like getting 6x PvE and 6x PvP dailies / day, but being able only take 5 into your inventory.

Nightz

If you like handcannons, The Devil You Know from vanguard vendor is great and worth maxing out for the hard raid. There's a lot of weapons that aren't raid weapons that do an excellent job in the raid. If you list the ones you own I could give you my preferences and why.

Well I've been rocking a fully upgraded Shadow Price for a while now, which works great in the normal raid. However I feel like I could use something that packs more of a punch on HM. As far as what I have on hand, I have Lord High Fixer and Suros Regime. Is TDYK better than Lord High Fixer?

Zakalwe

Banned
Split will still be wonky. 10 slots for 12 dailies.

owner of LE, no regrets

Yeh but you can't pvp and pve at once so it's no biggie. Lots of the event stuff won't overlap either.

I just hope they fix the bounties we can't do due to events not being there, and add some more interesting ones.

Eh, blink ain't all that and Golden Gun is just as good as Bladedancer.

Also 4 Golden Gun shots means a lot of dead Sunsingers who think they're safe to revive. ;)

This is true - <3 Symbiote. Is there another helm with that perk?

lol, wth? Gunslinger is better than bladedancer in a good players hands. You stay out of danger and get 4 one shot kills. Its probably the most consistent Super out of all 6. If two Gunslingers are working together, they can constantly chain GG to fill each others Super meters. My friend and I wreck games as slingers. Not to mention the reload perks that are handy for any gun.

What maps are you staying out of danger on? If that's the case, you're playing against terrible players.

I'm not saying I struggle as a gunslinger, I'm just pondering whether or not the utility is on par with other classes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What primary weapons would you guys recommend for the hard raid if you don't have any raid weapons?

Your primary weapon choice isn't really important for hard mode - use whatever you've always used, just make sure it's max level. Having max rockets is far more important. Your player skill, i.e., your ability to not die and to kill bad guys, matters most of all.

Don't hear much about people upgrading their sparrow.

Not seeing a good legendary weapon to buy, I blew 175 marks on a rare sparrow, and now am considering upgrading the engine. Is this a total waste of coins?

realcZk

Well I've been rocking a fully upgraded Shadow Price for a while now, which works great in the normal raid. However I feel like I could use something that packs more of a punch on HM. As far as what I have on hand, I have Lord High Fixer and Suros Regime. Is TDYK better than Lord High Fixer?

Is it the vendor LHF? If not, what perks does it have? The LHF is pretty comperable to TDYK vendor version, it has a slight PvP edge but it still hits pretty hard from what I've heard. I haven't personally been able to try LHF so I can't comment too much, but I'm sure someone here can.

The SUROS is pretty good in the hard raid as well. The most important thing is going to be that you have it maxed out to 300 damage if you're a level 29, as you'll be going in with a 33% damage penalty so you want to be outputting the most damage possible. The heal on the SUROS is a nice touch too.

arimanius

Bladedancer is great in the crucible, but gunslinger is only meh. Can someone explain to me what role gunslinger really fills?

They fill the death dealer roll. I'm starting to really love playing gunslinger much more than my Titan main.

Incendiary and trip mine grenades are both really good. I love triple jump but it doesn't seem to get as much height as the Titan jump. Combustion is awesome seeing your enemy explode killing others and throwing knife is just to damn cool. What I really love is the scavenger and chain of woe perk. With scavenger I almost always have a grenade or throwing knife ready. Chain of woe is a godsend when it comes to reloading heavy weapons or getting into long firefights.

Not seeing a good legendary weapon to buy, I blew 175 marks on a rare sparrow, and now am considering upgrading the engine. Is this a total waste of coins?

Yeah, the raid sparrow is better anyway. Even if you haven't done the raid yet, when you do you will get a lot of Timebreakers.

Did the normal raid on my alt last night. You'll be happy to know I got a second Universal Remote, energy and shards... oh, and Chatterwhite, can't forget about the C-Dub.

Bizazedo

The answer is completely dependant on how many exotics / which ones you have already.

Those of us who have almost every exotic would give a thumbs up if you're in the same situation.

If you don't have Gjallahorn / Suros / Icebreaker, etc., or some others....might want to hold off.

Or you could just not care and go for looks over efficiency. No real answer for you.

They fill the death dealer roll. I'm starting to really love playing gunslinger much more than my Titan main.

Incendiary and trip mine grenades are both really good. I love triple jump but it doesn't seem to get as much height as the Titan jump. Combustion is awesome seeing your enemy explode killing others and throwing knife is just to damn cool. What I really love is the scavenger and chain of woe perk. With scavenger I almost always have a grenade or throwing knife ready. Chain of woe is a godsend when it comes to reloading heavy weapons or getting into long firefights.

Gotta agree with you on all of this - combustion is awesome, especially when you get those "unexpected" multikills. Nothing more satisfying than a throwing knife kill.

I love scavenger, but I've never used chain of woe. Maybe I'll give it a shot, too.

zewone

What maps are you staying out of danger on? If that's the case, you're playing against terrible players.

I'm not saying I struggle as a gunslinger, I'm just pondering whether or not the utility is on par with other classes.
What I meant by out of danger was staying out of shotgun one shot range. Any other gun, even an LMG, will not be able to kill me as fast at range as my GG.

The utility for me is the best PVP super and my favorite jump.

Your primary weapon choice isn't really important for hard mode - use whatever you've always used, just make sure it's max level. Having max rockets is far more important. Your player skill, i.e., your ability to not die and to kill bad guys, matters most of all.

Max rockets and a lot of heavy ammo synth. Game over.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, the raid sparrow is better anyway. Even if you haven't done the raid yet, when you do you will get a lot of Timebreakers.

I've received ONE timebreaker after more clears than I can count. I wouldn't rely on RNG, especially when vanguard marks/strange coins are so easy to accumulate.

What I meant by out of danger was staying out of shotgun one shot range. Any other gun, even an LMG, will not be able to kill me as fast at range as my GG.

The utility for me is the best PVP super and my favorite jump.

Ah, I see. Do you use the GG range perk?

The answer is completely dependant on how many exotics / which ones you have already.

Those of us who have almost every exotic would give a thumbs up if you're in the same situation.

If you don't have Gjallahorn / Suros / Icebreaker, etc., or some others....might want to hold off.

Or you could just not care and go for looks over efficiency. No real answer for you.

I actually still need all three of those exotics (especially the Icebreaker), so I'll probably hold off on the upgrade. I thought I read somewhere that a manually upgraded sparrow is actually faster than the raid one, but is that difference noticeable?

lol man, that universal remote can go shard itself

It already did.

I am rolling a second titan this weekend and, at some point, deleting my hunter (has no raid gear) and rolling a warlock (already have an exotic and a legendary piece of armor waiting for him). I am so bored with my hunter.

Tovarisc

I've received ONE timebreaker after more clears than I can count. I wouldn't rely on RNG, especially when vanguard marks/strange coins are so easy to accumulate.

And I get pretty much one timebreaker per hard clear. At this point I would take even more ass over yet another timebreaker.

Hey, just wanted to check with everyone here if anyone is interested in teaming up today for some events? Im only level 24 (Just short of 25) but figured there might be some events that I haven’t been able to do so far since I haven’t got people to arrange a group with.

I should be available from around 7:30pm-9/9:30pm tonight UK time.

If anyone is interested just let me know and also what events you suggest.

SharkJAW

Chain of Woe is on the same tree as the range. I used to use the range perk, but after switching to CoW, I didn't notice any ranged GG shots not finding their mark .
The range refers to damage fall off in PvE and effective range in PvP, but that would only matter on a map like Bastion or First Light.

I'm of the opinion that gunslinger has the better super, but blink is just too damn good. I can't tell you how many times someone tried shooting me, where I blinked and their camera couldn't turn fast enough to acquire me again followed by me me killing them cowboy style with the last word or obliterating them vex-style.

zewone

I actually still need all three of those exotics (especially the Icebreaker), so I'll probably hold off on the upgrade. I thought I read somewhere that a manually upgraded sparrow is actually faster than the raid one, but is that difference noticeable?
I have 5 Timebreakers and 1 upgraded rare sparrow. Not only is the rare sparrow faster (while TB is not boosting), it's much cooler looking and you don't have to deal with TB annoying overheating alarm sound constantly.

I´m currently using Gunslinger Trance and Chain of Woe combo, and man, with a good hand cannon you transform into a headshot machine, i don´t think i could go back to Bladedancer now...I must say that i miss the Blink though.

DesertFox

The range refers to damage fall off in PvE and effective range in PvP, but that would only matter on a map like Bastion or First Light.

I'm of the opinion that gunslinger has the better super, but blink is just too damn good. I can't tell you how many times someone tried shooting me, where I blinked and their camera couldn't turn fast enough to acquire me again followed by me me killing them cowboy style with the last word or obliterating them vex-style.
giphy.gif

I hate this kind of crap in pvp where the controls get in the way.

Tovarisc

I wonder why ARs don't have Mythoclasts ludicrous bullet spread. Vex is such useless tosh when outside of short to low-mid range where ARs can "Spray 'n Pray 'n Win" almost to low-long range [read: fucking long range for AR spray].

Edit: If you can play 5 to 10 rounds of PvP with Mythoclast and then swap to any AR [biggest difference is if you pick up SP or SR]. Game goes for moderately challenge into "super easy mode lulwat headshots everywhere" -mode

LordofPwn

Cømet;137604850 said:
I'm sparrow dancing but there's literally no one in my world instance to be in awe of it :(
Dat unparalleled next-gen experience.

Others cant see you dancing. it's a local glitch. me and a buddy tried it last night. i was dancing and he saw me on a sparrow as normal. he was dancing and i saw him on a sparrow as normal. it made me sad...

Mupod

Finally got to play a bit tonight, got to level 9 on a Warlock.

I reaaaally like handcannons. They feel great. The only console FPSes I've ever liked were (Bungie's) Halo games, and I was a bit concerned with Destiny since it added things like ADS and wacky space magic. But the feel of the guns and combat is just fine. Burning down a Fallen champion's shields with a fusion rifle then finishing with a handcannon headshot feels remarkably similar to the plasma pistol/headshot combo from Halo.

The last thing I did was run a Strike, the level 8 one on earth. I don't know if it was my gear or crappy teammates but goddamn that spider tank took a good 10 minutes of solid shooting to bring down - I was going for the legs and engine when I could but I was only doing 100 damage per hit (or 450-something with a sniper). The end boss wasn't as ridiculous but still a huge bullet sponge. I noticed the game has elemental weapons so maybe that was the issue? I don't really have much available to me atm.

Gonna play some more tonight but I'm hoping I just got unlucky with that strike. It did seem like I was the only one doing anything so maybe my teammates were shooting the wrong parts.

LiK

Great read man

I think I was about edging on 40 attempts before we downed it

I'm basically unkillable as of 20 attempts
It's all about trust and I became so fucking cynical at the end I would take anyone just so I could get some more runs in

Thanks, I don't even know how many times I tried it. Do the stats count incomplete runs? We usually bailed if anyone died. I checked my Raid stats and I only completed the Raid 11 times.

Grimsen

Timebreaker isn't upgradeable, since it's already a legendray, right?

I like it, but I'm wonderinf if I should upgrade a rare sparrow for my alt.

Tovarisc

The last thing I did was run a Strike, the level 8 one on earth. I don't know if it was my gear or crappy teammates but goddamn that spider tank took a good 10 minutes of solid shooting to bring down - I was going for the legs and engine when I could but I was only doing 100 damage per hit (or 450-something with a sniper). The end boss wasn't as ridiculous but still a huge bullet sponge. I noticed the game has elemental weapons so maybe that was the issue? I don't really have much available to me atm.

Even as level 30 with decked out weapons @ 300 dmg + element those strike bosses take basically forever to kill. They are insane bulletsponges from beginning to end.

Fix is coming "soon".

realcZk

Finally got to play a bit tonight, got to level 9 on a Warlock.

I reaaaally like handcannons. They feel great. The only console FPSes I've ever liked were (Bungie's) Halo games, and I was a bit concerned with Destiny since it added things like ADS and wacky space magic. But the feel of the guns and combat is just fine. Burning down a Fallen champion's shields with a fusion rifle then finishing with a handcannon headshot feels remarkably similar to the plasma pistol/headshot combo from Halo.

Gonna play some more tonight but I'm hoping I just got unlucky with that strike. It did seem like I was the only one doing anything so maybe my teammates were shooting the wrong parts.

If you stick with handcannons, you won't be disappointed. They are absolutely insane. The level 8 strike boss has a crit zone in the very middle of its "eye". But a lot of strike bosses just take a while to drop unfortunately. Bungie has mentioned wanting to "tweak" their health pools at some point...

The spider tank will expose his main crit zone once a leg is destroyed. You only want to shoot the legs that still have the armor plates on them with the yellow lights in the center to do the most damage. Once they pop off, the spider will expose his center and you should blast it. You can also shoot the sipder's arc gun off (the gun on the side of the turret) so he can't do as much damage to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom