• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth again, sheesh. I'm kivking myself for not picking up ib or ballerhorn the 1st time around. Next week it's going to be a primary, red death most likely. This is now 3 weeks I have no need to pick anything up. When did xur go from being Santa to old crytparch.

Xur is Rahool's secret identity. He gets a body double to play Cryptarch when Xur "visits".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Essentially its a value game. In the past, 17 coins has purchased a game changing weapon (icebreaker basically negates juggler skull and allowed me to start soloing nightfalls). But this week the same coins only buy a situational benefit (truth is good, but it has to compete for the exotic slot and will not always be the best choice). Since I appear to be getting less value from this purchase, I'm more hesitant to make it.
That's a fair way of looking at Xur if you're not interested in collecting Exotics, there are definitely weeks with more bang for your buck than others. From here on out, I'm gonna be buying every Exotic weapon he stocks and I don't have, just for completion's sake, while most likely also an armor piece if I have the coins for it. This week, I have Truth already, so I'll be buying at least Sunbreakers for the collections, possibly also Third Man- still need to get through the Weekly on my Hunter and Warlock and Nightfall on my Warlock first. Hopefully tonight while helping out ;)
Anyways I'm trying my best to understand what's going on in this thread. I take it Xur is this game's 'badge loot' (or tomestones for FF14 players) vendor? If I'm level 13 now, is it possible to be able to buy anything off him this weekend or do you need to save for multiple weeks?

What should I be using my paltry scraps of Glimmer on? Just save it? I tried buying some engrams but all I got were some bad white gear. I noticed that raises rep for that vendor a little bit though.
You're not gonna have any Strange Coins or enough Motes of Light at level 13 to buy anything from Xur :) But he has a certain kind of endgame loot called "Exotics," which are best-in-slot, but you can only have one Exotic weapon, and one Exotic armor piece equipped at one time, so it becomes about "spending" your slot on the certain piece that works best. What he carries each week (he comes on Friday and Saturday) is random.

Glimmer is best spent on Heavy Ammo Synthesis at the gunsmith, but it's not something you really need to start worrying about until ~20, when glimmer becomes much much easier to come by.

My 3rd alt is now 18. Couple more days and he will be able to wear all those legendary engrams I've been saving in the vault. Then he will be raid ready! Chances are her Will be 30 before my titan that has been sitting at 29 for a month. Damn gloves

That's a fair way of looking at Xur if you're not interested in collecting Exotics, there are definitely weeks with more bang for your buck than others. From here on out, I'm gonna be buying every Exotic weapon he stocks and I don't have, just for completion's sake, while most likely also an armor piece if I have the coins for it. This week, I have Truth already, so I'll be buying at least Sunbreakers for the collections, possibly also Third Man- still need to get through the Weekly on my Hunter and Warlock and Nightfall on my Warlock first. Hopefully tonight while helping out ;)

Soooo...wanna run the weekly tonight?

shem935

Banned
Cool picked up two Truth's for the void and the eventual void burn. Plus I had the free exotic slot in the raid while I am using praedyth's and VOC. The void will help with those annoying Pratorians. Got a helmet for my hunter and then gambled on the engram and got a helmet for my warlock. Not a bad weekend xur but ghorn would be appreciated. Or icebreaker. Super pissed I didn't buy that.

realcZk

Not even 9am and you're already at the top of your "I got jokes for days" game. It's going to be a long night, isn't it?

I can see myself staying up until like 3am leveling my titan alt to 20(9) tonight.

unfortunately im gonna be muted most of the night as i level my new truth, dont want you guys to hear me get the sniffles

My 3rd alt is now 18. Couple more days and he will be able to wear all those legendary engrams I've been saving in the vault. Then he will be raid ready! Chances are her Will be 30 before my titan that has been sitting at 29 for a month. Damn gloves

Happened to me. My Warlock hit 30 after a cumulative of 11 hrs for the raid. Titan finally hit 30 after 44 hours in raid. Granted the first time you do the raid it takes way longer and the average time to completion is longer, but I 44 vs 11 is still a big gap.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xur is Rahool's secret identity. He gets a body double to play Cryptarch when Xur "visits".
Unacceptable!
So usually people get better at video games the more they play. Why am I getting worse?

My KDR has dropped from 1.15 to 1.07 in the last month. And at 6165 kills, it takes quite a bit for a shift to happen. I've been doing horrible lately. I can barely get two games in a row where I'm positive anymore. Now I'm usually around .8 or .5.

I seriously wonder if they did something to their netcode around a month ago when they were trying to fix all the bugs. I use to be someone who would get Bee, Baboon, and Beaver error codes around 10+ times a night of playing. But when I wasn't getting DC'd by those error codes I was able to do pretty good in the crucible.

They've been fixing their error codes the last month or so and I haven't gotten DC'd in the last two weeks now at all. And now I can't kill anyone barely.

I'm not trying to make excuses for my suckiness, but I seriously wonder if whatever they did to fix the error codes changed up their netcode and made me worse. I get a ton of assists, it's just that I always die so fast and can only get a few shots in before I die, but then a teammate finishes them off.
Are we talking about a difference before/after the weapons patch? Do you use Auto Rifles and/or Shotguns? If you want gameplay tips, tell me a little bit about the build you bring into the Crucible.

Does it seem like lag making the difference? Are there a lot of rubberbanding people or anything? I usually feel pretty confident when I die in the Crucible about whether or not I was legitimately outplayed.

One other possible explanation is that if you were consistently getting >1 k/d before, your success previous to this "rut" has been leading to matchmaking you with players of a higher skill level and you're hitting a wall. After enough harsh losses you might get bumped back down and start wrecking everyone.
Soooo...wanna run the weekly tonight?
Yes, you're in for my first group. :) Will get on as early as possible but it'll probably be 9pm eastern.

We're doing it legit too :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why else would he hide his face? You can't run from the Truth.
maaaaan he ain't hiding his face that IS his face
Destiny_Xur_1280-1413575895041.jpg
#DontHateXur

Tovarisc

Does it seem like lag making the difference? Are there a lot of rubberbanding people or anything? I usually feel pretty confident when I die in the Crucible about whether or not I was legitimately outplayed.

As European I can say that lag in Crucible is real[ly noticeable] and plays a lot into outcomes of battles in Crucible.

Milennia

Any flawless raids going down?

Yeah I need to lvl up my titan. Don't think I have you on psn.

i actually have a decent idea if anyone is up for it

take turn power leveling?
we run each other through the campaign with mains on hardest difficulties

psn cyborg1 =p

unfortunately im gonna be muted most of the night as i level my new truth, dont want you guys to hear me get the sniffles

Somehow, I doubt that.

I'm still undecided on whether I level up a second titan and then delete my hunter and make a warlock... or do I buy the exotic helm for my hunter, get him to 29 (tonight) and then work on a second titan so I can run the hard raid three times a week?

Things I hate about Destiny:

Not enough things to do. (cant wait for DLC in dec)
Same missions over and over.
bounties, god damnit they suck.
not enough space in the vault if you are a collector like me.
love and hate the RNG.
Xur.
nerfing of weapons just becomes some complain.
public events not near random enough, also need something new bungie, come on!

Things I love and is the reason why I am still playing:

The Raid, I know its glitch heaven, but its still fun as hell and is almost the only reason why I am sticking around still.
Potential awesome loot of the nightfall strikes every week.
Fun to kill shit in PVE and I am unfortunately a grind addict, love that shit.
Fun matches with my fireteam in PVP, not a super big fan of PVP but it can be fun.

at the moment, the only thing I look forward to is doing the raid, nightfall and weekly stuff.

Deku Tree

love and hate the RNG.
Xur.

The Raid, I know its glitch heaven, but its still fun as hell and is almost the only reason why I am sticking around still.
Fun matches with my fireteam in PVP, not a super big fan of PVP but it can be fun.

at the moment, the only thing I look forward to is doing the raid, nightfall and weekly stuff.

Why do you want public events to be more random?

LiK

love and hate the RNG.
Xur.

One of the easiest things they could do to give variety is change up the bounties. But they can't even do that. Just change the variables or make us do more different types of objectives. It's the same stuff over and over.

Why do you want public events to be more random?

element of surprise? and mix it up, do something really hard from time to time, something we dont expect like a monster we never seen before? and make it really hard to beat.

This by itself would breath so much life into the game IMO.

Cømet

Banned
I just want to be done with the HM raid. It's not difficult, but arranging a team that's capable of doing it is a pain.

realcZk

here's hoping this weekly update is better than the last one...

things that still haven't been delivered that would be nice to be addressed:

9/24/2014 - 44 days ago
- bungie mentioned exotic weapons will be buffed "soon"
- bungie mentioned strike bosses will be tweaked "soon"

10/17/2014 - 21 days ago
- bungie mentioned mythoclast tweaks are going in "soon"

10/31/2014 - 7 days ago
- bungie again reminded us that exotic tweaks are going in "soon", since its been a while and people had forgotten that bad juju was bad

not to mention raid bugs, heavy ammo bug, synth bugs, and the bug where xur doesnt sell gjallarhorn

LiK

Cømet;137766391 said:
I just want to be done with the HM raid. It's not difficult, but arranging a team that's capable of doing it is a pain.

What level dudes are you getting? Hard shouldn't be that bad with 29-30 guys with at least one maxed weapon.

Deku Tree

9/24/2014

10/17/2014

10/31/2014
- bungie again reminded us that exotic tweaks are going in "soon", since its been a while and people had forgotten that bad juju was bad

not to mention raid bugs, heavy ammo bug, synth bugs, and the bug where xur doesnt sell gjallarhorn

Worst one... Only sold it first week when I wasn't ready....

Sabotage

element of surprise? and mix it up, do something really hard from time to time, something we dont expect like a monster we never seen before? and make it really hard to beat.

This by itself would breath so much life into the game IMO.

But that just means bullet sponge to Bungie :(

9/24/2014

10/17/2014

10/31/2014

Cant wait for the mytho to get buffed, It sucks that they nerfed it. The only gun in the game that is hard to get, should be a hell of a gun IMO.

9/24/2014

10/17/2014

10/31/2014

Since I've been getting a lot more exotics I'm definitely more interested in that exotic weapons buff.

Also, the scout rifle "auto fire cut out" bug.

Milennia

9/24/2014 - 44 days ago

10/17/2014 - 21 days ago

10/31/2014 - 7 days ago

its the gjallar one that hurts

Cømet

Banned
What level dudes are you getting? Hard shouldn't be that bad with 29-30 guys with at least one maxed weapon.

Oh the usual, some 29s some 30s. Problem is level doesn't always denote skill (thanks Bungie), so I've had terrible attempts with 30s and great attempts with 29s.

The big problem is, on gaf people are generally good, but arranging any raid is difficult since the majority in here seem to be American (or otherwise run exclusively). LFG just isn't good for arranging HM raids, too many CP beggars and low levels and the higher levels on there refuse to take any 29s. Just not worth running HM GK onwards without at least two level 30s imo.

I've just realised I've wasted the motes I was saving for my hunter's cloak on an exotic engram I didn't even need. Why do I do these things, I have no shortage of shards!
Really annoying when the speaker has three cloaks I like the look of.

Kalamari

Dayum, Sunbreakers and Truth are becoming synonymous with disappointment in this game.

Doh, I thought someone said he was selling No backup plans.

Jito

Banned

9/24/2014 - 44 days ago

10/17/2014 - 21 days ago

10/31/2014 - 7 days ago

[OT10] "Soon".

realcZk

what??

they are NOT planning on making bosses take less damage are they?

Find it easy as it is..

they want to tweak it a little, which is fine by me. spending many minutes shooting valus ta'aurc in the face while he tries to be challenging is tiring

Since launch we've tracked down an issue which has made Strikes more challenging than originally designed by both increasing damage taken by players and decreasing the damage inflicted by players on the boss. Expect to see this addressed soon, and for Strikes to become a little less grindy as a result (sorry, Raiders - incoming damage is working as intended in the Vault of Glass).

So I have the +25 Kill Exotic bounty for the Crucible to get the shotgun

I'm terribad at PVP. I had one awesome game where my K/D ratio was 1.03, and i guess i racked up a bunch of assists and got to +8

Next match my team got totally stomped. Died like 30 times. Back to 1

Been playing control mostly, thinking the capture the flag aspect would make killing me a secondary objective, and I might have a easier time getting to +25

What is the best Crucible mode for this? Cause this isn't working.

Hoodbury

Are we talking about a difference before/after the weapons patch? Do you use Auto Rifles and/or Shotguns? If you want gameplay tips, tell me a little bit about the build you bring into the Crucible.

One other possible explanation is that if you were consistently getting >1 k/d before, your success previous to this "rut" has been leading to matchmaking you with players of a higher skill level and you're hitting a wall. After enough harsh losses you might get bumped back down and start wrecking everyone.
So I started as a Titan Striker and was around a 1.0 KDR. I switched to Defender and it shot up to 1.15 after that. That was around a month and a half ago probably.

I was an auto rifle guy, had a rare painted suros with the "slower rate of fire but hits harder" before Xur sold Regime the first time. Then was using Regime after that.

After the weapon patch I tried hand cannon and scout rifles but that was around when I started doing bad so I switched back to Regime and improved a bit back to normalish.

But lately, last 3 weeks or so things have gotten really bad again. I don't see rubberbanding but I lose out straight up gun fights a lot where it feels like I'm dead before I can get off more than 2 shots.

Do they really have matchmaking like that in this game? Where you play against better people if you're doing better yourself?

I play Control and just like in CoD I'd play Domination and I am a flag capper more than I am a killer so I get that I'm never going to have an awesome KDR. It's just that it's usually not this bad.

realcZk

I was wrong SGA is not the worst exotic, it's Universal Remote

haha yeah that gun is pretty bad. its not even remotely viable in the pve universe..in pvp its not too bad if you ADS, but nobody wants to be that shotgun guy, he doesnt get invited to parties

jbortz78

Damn didnt know gear, aka Sunbreakers, could roll with diff stats. So bummed about my maxxed Sunbreakers with only +75 INT, oh well.

shem935

Banned
they want to tweak it a little, which is fine by me. spending many minutes shooting valus ta'aurc in the face while he tries to be challenging is tiring

This would make running the10 tiger strikes needed to reach the mark cap a lot less headache inducing.

Tovarisc

Cant wait for the mytho to get buffed, It sucks that they nerfed it. The only gun in the game that is hard to get, should be a hell of a gun IMO.

"Hard to get" is very relative in this case.

Just post "Looking for Atheon hard checkpoint / Looking for group at Atheon hard checkpoint", repeat X times / week depending on how many 29-30 chars you have and suddenly you have Mythoclast with low effort.

This would make running the10 tiger strikes needed to reach the mark cap a lot less headache inducing.

Current meta is to leave strike instantly when Valus one comes up in Tiger. It's what happened to me few times last night in Tiger, 2 other people instantly quitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom