• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
I forgot killing the House of Winter's Kell gave you a strange coin (for the first time). Useful. Just three to go- so really just need to finish levelling this hunter to 20 so I can run the weekly.

Will have to wait til later on. Off to see Interstellar!

Pickman

Cømet;137783455 said:
I forgot killing the House of Winter's Kell gave you a strange coin. Useful. Just three to go- so really just need to finish levelling this hunter to 20 so I can run the weekly.

Will have to wait til later on. Off to see Interstellar!

Guaranteed?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This game absolutely needs more loot along with a revised loot system. I've run the raids and the Nighfall for weeks and only received one or two actually useful items. It's just a terrible system that doesn't reliably reward playing through the hardest content. Plus, if you do get some lucky drops then you really notice the lack of loot as there is almost no incentive to keep grinding (aside from the obvious joys of shooting things in the face).
*shrug* I don't know if you want a rebuttal to all this- this stuff has very little to do with what Xur offers for sale, and Xur is basically the answer to what you're complaining about. Buy the things you need rather than relying on RNG.

I agree more loot sounds good (and it's what I'm most looking forward to besides the raid in the DLC), but I was commenting on where or not more should be added to Xur's table. Since he can only sell 1 weapon per week, every item increases the odds that "something other than The Last Word," for example, will be sold.
Edit: FYI here's the table that people found by changing the date on their console: http://planetdestiny.com/xurs-entire-loot-table/
That's cool. They haven't updated it to mark of Patience and Time, so thus far Xur has sold half the weapons he can sell.. hmm.

Anyone starting a raid in about a half hour? I'm game for anything. I have a checkpoint for the back half of a normal raid, and can do a fresh run on hard. That said, I'm down for whatever.

Keep jump smashing! Just a tinyhop and smash. You can also use the Super shot on him if your aim is good.

If only the super builds up that quick :( (for the first run as this is where usually we lose someone). At least I can help out with oracles with the super at least.

But I'm gonna try more ground pounds rather than heavy melee next time.

Nuke them down with RPG's [Truth / Ghorn] before lag / bugs kick in causing them to "regen" HP back.

Tried that. Only works like half the time as the bugger keeps teleporting through the bloody rockets :(

The lack of cheese is hurting hahah. Ah well. Just need more 30s and it makes it so much easier.

Bizazedo

I use the magnetic grenade and when I switched to that at first it was treating me well, but lately it doesn't seem as magnetic as it use to be and just flies right past the person and does nothing. As a defender I don't have the lightning grenade but I'll try the spike one, I think it's similar to the lightning.

Control is about all I play. 426 games of it. I'll play the others if I have a bounty and am up for a different mode but like in CoD, I prefer objective modes to just TDM's or free for all. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm a flag capper, I see those things and can't help myself, I just have to get in on the caps so I know I'm going to die a lot going for them. And ever since I found out about Destiny Tracker and noticed I'm in the top 1 percentile for caps I just use that as fuel to cap even more, heh. Maybe that's why my KDR went down, I just suicide for caps too much now even more than I did before.

I also think people are learning (finally haha) to just run away from Defender bubbles. It's just not worth the effort unless you have a super up to take them out. Thus, less kills by you just punching idiots who run into the bubble or tiptoeing out and hitting someone who's not paying attention with a magnetic grenade.

Striker is probably best for PvP. If you like to protect your teammates, justify Striker by saving Fist of Havoc to pulverize bladedancers. That and you get the godly Lightning grenade, which people have not adjusted to yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It does... and it is working in some way.

I hardly get a match where the guys are not in the same level than me... like I said before most my matches are closes like 20000 vs 18000 for example.
I really am pleased with the number of very close matches I wind up in, especially in Rumble.
If only the super builds up that quick :( (for the first run as this is where usually we lose someone). At least I can help out with oracles with the super at least.

I literally, absolutely no exaggeration, never use the basic attack as an actual attack. R1 might as well be the "air dash" button when I'm holding the relic. If you get a chance to tune in to the next raid I stream you can check out how I use it.
Tried that. Only works like half the time as the bugger keeps teleporting through the bloody rockets :(
Minotaur teleports will never not be infuriating lol

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

The lack of cheese is hurting hahah. Ah well. Just need more 30s and it makes it so much easier.
It's easier if a 4th guy enters the portal and shoots the oracles. Always do that when it's Venus, less chances of getting screwed.

Cømet

Banned
Guaranteed?

Sorry, quicker than my edit- I'm fairly sure it's only for the first time you do the mission. Been levelling my Hunter.

It's actually quite a good mission too. Could do with more like that.

Two things- 1 fire just after he teleports forward, and 2 aim for the floor at his feet. At least you'll more likely catch him in the blast radius. Defender titans/voidwalkers would really help with this guy, and it's just another reason to keep AE equipped (if you or any other members have it).

Tovarisc

Always ground slams! That shit can stunlock minotaurs meaning you will have easier time dealing with them.

Key is to get first RPG hit from distance, before it has fully aggroed to players. This hit will very likely stagger [read: stun] it opening window for second and third hits that then result in death.

Ramirez

I can't imagine why you would possibly be assigned a combat rating if not to use it for matchmaking alone. I've definitely noticed an anecdotal climb in the toughness of my competition over time but I'm sure it's not perfect either.

My hunter/titan both have 80% wins, and my warlock is at 70%. I'm way better than your average player, but I am no where near as good as those percentages would lead you to believe. No way there's skill matchmaking at work. It's nothing to get games in a 2-3 hour span where all opponents have < .50 K/D.

The 3v3 PVP is great when the teams are even, but you're talking 1 out of a million right now, lol.

Heel

If Xur is truly random, someone should run the odds on how likely it is for him to have sold Sunbreakers this many times already. It's likely similar to being struck by lightning three times while holding a winning scratcher ticket.

Maybe it is 23, oops. Truth is a great launcher, and you definitely want a good heavy void of some kind.

You know what though, if you really really want Alpha Lupi in particular then I actually kinda say screw all the other advice. Do what's the most fun for you. It is a badass-looking chestpiece.

Are there any other weeklies you can run this week? Getting to 30 from 17 isn't out of the question if so.

Well, I have 41 coins, 17 motes. So I could afford Truth AND Lupi, and still have 11 left over. Getting 6 motes to buy the helmet engram is possible too, I suppose.

Hell, I don't know. Maybe I SHOULD buy Lupi. I mean I was looking forward to it since the game came out. Plus I can wear it with the blue Double Banshee shader so I can rep my KC Royals in blue and white... screw it, now I almost have myself talked into dropping 30 coins today! Lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Destiny |OT10| G-unit
180 pages. Maybe if we do go for |OT10| THE PEOPLE DEMAND GJALLARHORN Bungie will step in and mess with his inventory for us
Well, I have 41 coins, 17 motes. So I could afford Truth AND Lupi, and still have 11 left over. Getting 6 motes to buy the helmet engram is possible too, I suppose.

Hell, I don't know. Maybe I SHOULD buy Lupi. I mean I was looking forward to it since the game came out. Plus I can wear it with the blue Double Banshee shader so I can rep my KC Royals in blue and white... screw it, now I almost have myself talked into dropping 30 coins today! Lol.
Ben-Stiller-Is-Retro-Do-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

you aren't preparing for an exam here man it's a game. Buy the stuff you want. I really want it on my Hunter too, lol :p

Coins are for teh spendingz

Cømet

Banned

It's an awesome looking chestpiece. The perks aren't particularly useful to me, but I pimp it 24/7 cos it looks awesome.

Heel

Destiny |OT10| That cheese came from the moon

Whoever thought that up earlier deserves recognition about 2 threads ago.

Navy Bean

*shrug* I don't know if you want a rebuttal to all this- this stuff has very little to do with what Xur offers for sale, and Xur is basically the answer to what you're complaining about. Buy the things you need rather than relying on RNG.

I agree more loot sounds good (and it's what I'm most looking to besides the raid in the DLC), but I was commenting on where or not more should be added to Xur's table. Since he can only sell 1 weapon per week, every item increases the odds that "something other than The Last Word," for example, will be sold.

Yeah, regarding Xur, in my opinion if they added loot and fixed the loot system then the game wouldn't need an exotic vendor at all. I mean, maybe something as simple as a guarantee of an exotic engram for completing a raid or Nightfall would be better.

180 pages. Maybe if we do go for |OT10| THE PEOPLE DEMAND GJALLARHORN Bungie will step in and mess with his inventory for us

Ben-Stiller-Is-Retro-Do-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

you aren't preparing for an exam here man it's a game. Buy the stuff you want. I really want it on my Hunter too, lol :p

Coins are for teh spendingz

Cømet;137784514 said:
It's an awesome looking chestpiece. The perks aren't particularly useful to me, but I pimp it 24/7 cos it looks awesome.

Ah you guys are right. I'm doing it. It's not like I won't just get at least 9 more coins before he comes around again anyway.

I guess looks wise it's kind of a mismatch to sport medieval Lupi while slinging old west TLW, but hey, this game is all about style fusion anyway!

Definity

Any hard raids forming up later tonight?
Lv. 30 sunbro with max weapons.

I could probably start around 9PM eastern.
PSN: DefinityXMG

Alright, thanks for the help guys. Will take the advice on board.

P.s both times this week, a fourth person always came into the portal. It is a massive help, but they are usually too late to help with the adds anyway. I guess oracle guys can spend a tad more time on adds if a fourth is promised though

Mupod

since everyone seems to want this thing so bad, I'd say it's more likely that they'll just nerf it. That'll solve the problem

Tovarisc

Alright, thanks for the help guys. Will take the advice on board.

P.s both times this week, a fourth person always came into the portal. It is a massive help, but they are usually too late to help with the adds anyway. I guess oracle guys can spend a tad more time on adds if a fourth is promised though

In "Mars" [yey yey, I know its not Mars] Oracle players should throw grenades at hobos. If hobos are aggroed they should shoot each hobo once making them shield up so relic can get close safely and OHK ground slam them.

In Venus they should grenade tag and/or pop RPG into that big Pretorian so it loses its shield and some of its HP. This way relic can OHK ground slam small adds and with 1-2 more take out large one.

4th player is big help, yes, but also isn't required to come through. Depends on teams damage output inside of portals, naturally.

since everyone seems to want this thing so bad, I'd say it's more likely that they'll just nerf it. That'll solve the problem

Hotfix 11th of November

Removed wolfpack rounds from Gjallahorn and replaced with more aggressive seeking. We felt that large demand for Gjallahorn was skewing loot progression of the game and was interfering with our vision of loot progression in Destiny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, regarding Xur, in my opinion if they added loot and fixed the loot system then the game wouldn't need an exotic vendor at all. I mean, maybe something as simple as a guarantee of an exotic engram for completing a raid or Nightfall would be better.
Yeah... I hear you, but I dunno. You're just asking for the game's design to be fundamentally changed and while you'd like it better, I wouldn't like the game nearly as much if they did that. You're actually asking for more randomness even if you don't realize it. I've also received multiple Legendaries I really like from the Nightfall, and you need Legendaries, so turning it into an "all-exotic buffet" wouldn't necessarily be an improvement. I guess it starts to look differently once Exotics start piling up for you.

I love Xur because I can cut through any RNG to a direct reward of my choice. It's literally impossible to get something from Xur you don't want. If he doesn't have something you want you don't spend your coins. Even with the armor engrams, what you actually get from him for your motes is the engram. Then it's up to Rahool to screw you over.

edit:

lol I can't stop saying Mars and Venus either

Shito

Nah, they only nerf taking pvp into account.
Since it's an heavy weapon, there are much less chances people are going to cry over it in pvp, so it should be safe...

KeRaSh

What the actual fuck Bungie? I just got a white item from a green engram... How is this still possible?? Did they not actually fix it for lower tier engrams? It only mentions green and blue as possible rewards.

Hoodbury

I also think people are learning (finally haha) to just run away from Defender bubbles. It's just not worth the effort unless you have a super up to take them out. Thus, less kills by you just punching idiots who run into the bubble or tiptoeing out and hitting someone who's not paying attention with a magnetic grenade.

Striker is probably best for PvP. If you like to protect your teammates, justify Striker by saving Fist of Havoc to pulverize bladedancers. That and you get the godly Lightning grenade, which people have not adjusted to yet.

Heh, just last night I got a triple melee kill feed in my bubble. I still do get quite a few melee kills from the bubble, but ya I have noticed a lot more people seem to know what to do when they see a bubble. So many of mine are going to waste due to others using their super on it. But when you do get those who don't get it and just stroll right in thinking they're going to out melee me is so funny.

Maybe I'll switch back to Striker for a bit and see what that does to my results. I do love getting the multi kills with fist of havok on flag points.

So I bought Truth over Mask of the Third Man, and then while leveling I realized that I had just enough motes of light to buy an engram if I combined them.

The engram gave me Mask of the Third Man, so win/win I guess :/ ?

Carn82

so, also in need of some advice.

my main-hunter (almost maxed out including exotic armor) doesnt have an exotic helmet. If I understand correctly; raid-helmets are hard to come by. So if I want to get to level 30, I can do a few things:

- buy a helmet-engram from Xur and wish for luck
- buy Mask of the Third Man from Xur (I guess it's pretty neat since I mostly play as bladedancer in PvE)
- just wait for a exotic Hunter helmet drop.

what to do what to do.

So, bought helmet engram. Rahool made it Mask of the Third Man. Score! ^_^

nowai

So I bought Truth over Mask of the Third Man, and then while leveling I realized that I had just enough motes of light to buy an engram if I combined them.

The engram gave me Mask of the Third Man, so win/win I guess :/ ?

If you are going to buy an item and he is selling an engram, ALWAYS buy the engram first.

Having said that and knowing that you already have both. Does the dropped version have a higher stat roll?

If you are going to buy an item and he is selling an engram, ALWAYS buy the engram first.

Having said that and knowing that you already have both. Does the dropped version have a higher stat roll?

Mine was identical (Int 103) to the one he was selling. Also, I didn't realize at first that I could buy the engram this week.. I thought I was five motes shy, and then I logged into my Hunter who had exactly five.

I think people are failing to realize that Xur is just as useful as he always has been. Claims that he is bringing "useless" gear is predicated on the idea that every single player has seen and had a chance to buy as much as the most invested players. That simply isn't true.

I got frustrated last week when he had nothing I wanted. Then I realized...I have so much exotic gear, that my wish list has become tiny. The odds of him bringing something I would value get smaller as I gear up other ways.

But not all players are in that boat! Not everybody has 100 strange coins banked with their vault full of yellows. Every week, Xur brings something that somebody somewhere is stoked to get. The odds of him bringing the exact one or two pieces of gear you REALLY want are realistically pretty low. This is compounded by the fact that he only comes once per week so your perception is skewed towards him globally bringing no value to the game.

You seeing every single Xur visit with enough coins to buy whatever you wanted...that's the outlier. The average player will routinely get value out of Xur's visit, and that will probably always be true as more content comes out and potentially more gear is added to his table.

We are the minority...a small, dedicated, vocal community of pretty hardcore players. And our experience skews our perception of the reality behind how this game works. Is the system without flaws? No. Is there room for more catering to the hardcore playerbase? Of course. Those flaws considered, there are still systems in place which are working just fine.

Your cup runneth over with coins, mine does too. They will have their time, and you will be thankful you had them banked.

Axoman

Really wish Xur had the ghorn, but I don't have a strong Void heavy, so I'll pick up Truth to tide me over.

Still really only want the Icebreaker and horn and I'm happy. My normal group I play with have been blessed with multiple exotic drops, but the only exotics I've got are from completing bounties.

If Xur is truly random, someone should run the odds on how likely it is for him to have sold Sunbreakers this many times already. It's likely similar to being struck by lightning three times while holding a winning scratcher ticket.

That's why Xur is bullshit. I'm willing to bet you guys won't see Xur selling Ballerhorn until after the DLC hits.

Tovarisc

I would LOVE to hear from Bungie if Crucible is P2P or dedicated server gametype.

If dedicated then if there is regional servers to minimize latency caused issues.

If P2P then how matchmaking it done to guarantee that people got low latency lobbies for best possible experience.

patchday

Buy helmet engram first and try your luck. Motes are right now only useful for this, or a class item from the speaker.

Mask of the Third man looks cool, but it mostly affects arc blade which is completely useless in high level PvE content. But, level 30 is a huge leap over level 29. My level 29 buddies cap at 9k crit against Atheon, while I do 13k for example.

Arcblade Hunters need to stop being scared and go melee those high level mobs. I know on normal raids I've seen it done. Would love to see a Hunter try in HM lol.

benjammin

Really wish Xur had the ghorn, but I don't have a strong Void heavy, so I'll pick up Truth to tide me over.

Still really only want the Icebreaker and horn and I'm happy. My normal group I play with have been blessed with multiple exotic drops, but the only exotics I've got are from completing bounties.

Run some tiger strikes. I got hawkmoon and the last word from tiger strikes recently. Can only get chatter white from the raid, but tiger strikes are treating me good

I would LOVE to hear from Bungie if Crucible is P2P or dedicated server gametype.

If dedicated then if there is regional servers to minimize latency caused issues.

If P2P then how matchmaking it done to guarantee that people got low latency lobbies for best possible experience.

It must be P2P. Once it gets past a certain time say about 10ish which kinda coincides with US peak times, I barely go on. The lag is ridiculous. One time in blind watch, the doors were not even opening for me but I was still getting killed standing in front of them

Dunlop

Any way to cheese the 200 kills with a fusion rifle in Nightfall for the exotic quest?

I just got a 2nd exotic quest on the same character and need to free up a slot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom