• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

anyone think Bungie changed Xur 6 weeks ago to rotate between primary/special/heavy

It obviously wasn't like that always and could still be RNG.

What are the statistics that he would rotate like that 6 weeks in a row, what would they be if it's primary next week?

R0ckman

It really isn't "the best gear." exotics have a lot of limitations. they're very important though. There's not a particularly good equivalent in any other game. the itemization in general has nothing to do with diablo/pso/BL. There is gear you ABSOLUTELY NEED to hit level 30 that Xur will never, ever sell.

I'm pretty confident that if people started to drop this game for having no way to get to level 30 beyond RNG they would either add some kind of grind that garuntees you get the raid gear or add them to Xur with a new currency or for a limited amount of time. Hell, they are adding raid equal gear to the next Iron Banner and making Iron Banner ranks easier to level.

When you think about it, do they have a choice? They made the game T rated, that adds an audience that will not put up with the BS of RNG grinding, they'll just drop the game when the next big game comes out.

patchday

What's the best way to farm vanguard rep when you're level 24? Tiger strikes are just so slow.

I never do those strikes and I have high vanguard rep (well rank 3 or higher I've never paid attention to it I just shard the equipment). I just do the Nightfall 1st, then weekly heroics. Maybe do a daily.

Sometimes I did run the public events + assasination (big star inside a circle) on a patrol while working on the patrol bounty

R0ckman

They could tell you all about kabr, they could tell you about the Renegade hunter, they could tell you about Praedyth.. but the children would be frightened and they're frightened anyway.

I don't even have time to write a story on why I don't have time to write a story.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty confident that if people started to drop this game for having no way to get to level 30 beyond RNG they would either add some kind of grind that garuntees you get the raid gear or add them to Xur with a new currency or for a limited amount of time.
I disagree, lol. actually every time the discussion veers toward "people dropping this game because of how much they won't put up with its bullshit" it makes me laugh and kind of hold my tongue. such viewpoints are really not taking the reality of the situtation into account here, but it's probably not worth getting into. I'll just say that the possibility of Raid gear itself being added to Xur is incredibly unlikely, even after the DLC.
Hell, they are adding raid equal gear to the next Iron Banner and making Iron Banner ranks easier to level.
That's a completely different concern and a very good idea for entirely different reasons. It's still not enough to get you to 30 alone or with one exotic, either.
When you think about it, do they have a choice? They made the game T rated, that adds an audience that will not put up with the BS of RNG grinding, they'll just drop the game when the next big game comes out.
Sooo, what's the Destiny killer? I'm becoming very curious about this the more time marches forward with the discussion still centered around it happening.

I know there are a LOT of things that piss you guys off about this game, but I should just say that based on my analysis so far, the odds of Bungie doing anything as a means to "keep players from dropping the game" are very unlikely. :( Addressing the complaints of those who continue to play (and play a loooot of hours) is more likely, but the pace of implementing such updates also seems to be unacceptable to many. The best you can do is probably to set your expectations to zero and if you aren't enjoying the game, overall, to drop it now rather than continue to play in the hopes of improvement.

blackflag

Sooo, what's the Destiny killer? I'm becoming very curious about this the more time marches forward with the discussion still centered around it happening.

I know there are a LOT of things that piss you guys off about this game, but I should just say that based on my analysis so far, the odds of Bungie doing anything as a means to "keep players from dropping the game" are very unlikely. :( Addressing the complaints of those who continue to play (and play a loooot of hours) is more likely, but the pace of implementing such updates also seems to be unacceptable to many. The best you can do is probably to set your expectations to zero and if you aren't enjoying the game, overall, to drop it now rather than continue to play in the hopes of improvement.

I don't know but I know people personally that are dropping it left and right. Not me, I love it.

I just think they need to change some stuff, specifically getting shards and energies as rewards in the vault. Other than that, I'm pretty ok with most everything except the bugs.

Not a killer by any means, but Destiny will be losing some of my attention (aside from raids/weeklies) to Halo MCC next week. But, that's only on Xbox. And from the look of it, I am the only GAFer who plays Destiny on the XBONE.

Granted, I own a PS4 and Destiny for it. But all my playtime has been on the Xbox since that's where my RL friends are.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know but I know people personally that are dropping it left and right.
I don't want to veer too off topic here, but I know people who are dropping it too- and I also have the experience of lots of other games at launch to compare this one to. To summarize a complex set of ideas, keep in mind (as far as successful games go) that the more people playing a game in total, the more likely it is than any individual player will quit. What Bungie (and any financially-savvy company) cares about is big metrics; the playing habits of the total playerbase.
I just think they need to change some stuff, specifically getting shards and energies as rewards in the vault. Other than that, I'm pretty ok with most everything except the bugs.
They need to change lots of stuff because it will make the game better, and it deserves to be better. To be clear, I haven't given up on the concept that this will happen, though I can accept that it isn't happening fast enough for most people on GAF and that's fair enough.

CLBridges

Went ahead and bought Truth rocket launcher cause "why not". It may prove useful sometime in the future, really wished it was Gjallahorn though. Got booted from Destiny due to server maintenance, I wish they would surprise and open up Iron Banner this weekend but they won't. Maybe they are fixing all the glitches/bugs in Atheon or lag in PVP...lol. Oh well, need to get back to leveling Atheon's Epilogue for Hard raid this weekend.

LordofPwn

Went ahead and bought Truth rocket launcher cause "why not". It may prove useful sometime in the future, really wished it was Gjallahorn though. Got booted from Destiny due to server maintenance, I wish they would surprise and open up Iron Banner this weekend but they won't. Maybe they are fixing all the glitches/bugs in Atheon or lag in PVP...lol. Oh well, need to get back to leveling Atheon's Epilogue for Hard raid this weekend.

Truth is a great PVP rocket launcher. I use it to snipe snipers on Bastion. Good times.

Impala26

Not a killer by any means, but Destiny will be losing some of my attention (aside from raids/weeklies) to Halo MCC next week. But, that's only on Xbox. And from the look of it, I am the only GAFer who plays Destiny on the XBONE.

Granted, I own a PS4 and Destiny for it. But all my playtime has been on the Xbox since that's where my RL friends are.

Been playing Destiny on 360, but just yesterday got a XB1 to play Halo MCC, but Destiny for XB1 is on it's way in the mail as well...

...you're not alone...
Add me? lol

I don't want to veer too off topic here, but I know people who are dropping it too- and I also have the experience of lots of other games at launch to compare this one to. To summarize a complex set of ideas, keep in mind (as far as successful games go) that the more people playing a game in total, the more likely it is than any individual player will quit. What Bungie (and any financially-savvy company) cares about is big metrics; the playing habits of the total playerbase.

They need to change lots of stuff because it will make the game better, and it deserves to be better. To be clear, I haven't given up on the concept that this will happen, though I can accept that it isn't happening fast enough for most people on GAF and that's fair enough.

I think the problem is priority, and not speed, when it comes to fixing the issues.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Hah, yeah- MCC would be a great answer if it were on the platform that most people playing Destiny are playing it on. But even beyond that, looking longer term (and if you don't believe a single other word out of their mouths, believe that Bungie is doing this too), it's a pretty specific itch to scratch that a new game would have to hit.

I don't know, I feel like I'm talking about stuff that isn't really even appropriate for this thread, it's more about the gaming marketplace, so I'm sorry :>

What's up with this maintenance? I don't see any word of it anywhere

R0ckman

I disagree, lol. actually every time the discussion veers toward "people dropping this game because of how much they won't put up with its bullshit" it makes me laugh and kind of hold my tongue. such viewpoints are really not taking the reality of the situtation into account here, but it's probably not worth getting into. I'll just say that the possibility of Raid gear itself being added to Xur is incredibly unlikely, even after the DLC.

That's a completely different concern and a very good idea for entirely different reasons. It's still not enough to get you to 30 alone or with one exotic, either.

THGChQYDg.jpg

It's pretty obvious they are keeping tabs on people who have not picked up the game after a certain amount of days.

WipedOut

Add me - WipedOut - XB1 you are not alone.

phen0m24

So once this server deal is done, anyone doing a normal raid?

Bringing 28 Warlock Sunsinger
Fully leveled Suros, Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge, Prestige IV lmg

PSN ColonelOCorn

Deku Tree

Sorry raid team! I am blocked out of Destiny servers I don't know why... I will try one more time to log on and then I will give up for now.

nowai

Truth is a great PVP rocket launcher. I use it to snipe snipers on Bastion. Good times.

I almost typed the exact same thing to my friend who is on the fence.

Truth is THE PvP rocket launcher. I really only use it in big maps like Bastion and First Light to snipe snipers. Few things are more satisfying than peeking out, getting a quick lock on, fire a rocket, turn away and watch the +100 points pop up in the middle of your screen.

Again: any groups looking for more flawless raiders? Very experienced, know all the glitches, etc...

Psn: astropoff

I've been getting a lot of disconnection errors but I'm on now. Seems like the servers might be having problems since there aren't as many people online as usual, but who knows.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
THGChQYDg.jpg

It's pretty obvious they are keeping tabs on people who have not picked up the game after a certain amount of days.
exactly, right? They have these sort of "reattract" offers that go out to individual players that haven't touched the game in a while. A little push to see if those players are actually dropping the game for good or just needed incentive to keep playing. Continuing this kind of approach of incentivization seems way more likely to me than altering the base reward structure offered through Strange Coins to include Raid gear/30 Light gear because of people quitting. We'll see of course! After the DLC when the cap is raised it would be more likely to see "welfare-to-30" gear in some form.

EL CUCO

THGChQYDg.jpg

I'm going to try this to get my Raid boots or Gjallarhorn
I'll make sure to give Bungie my PSN on twitter before I dissappear too :p

Sorry raid team! I am blocked out of Destiny servers I don't know why... I will try one more time to log on and then I will give up for now.

Don't sweat it. I can't see anyone on my friends list, and checking on psn, everyone is still off line. If everyone gets back together, invite me. If not, I'll try later when everything settles down.

Deku Tree

Don't sweat it. I can't see anyone on my friends list, and checking on psn, everyone is still off line. If everyone gets back together, invite me. If not, I'll try later when everything settles down.

Yeah I tried to log in like seven times. Turned my ps4 off and on each time. Nothing. Let's try again later. I can't get back on until tonight est though.

I almost typed the exact same thing to my friend who is on the fence.

Truth is THE PvP rocket launcher. I really only use it in big maps like Bastion and First Light to snipe snipers. Few things are more satisfying than peeking out, getting a quick lock on, fire a rocket, turn away and watch the +100 points pop up in the middle of your screen.

You sold me. Congratulations

GlamFM

Banned
Looking for a hard Raid right now!

I´m a level 29 Titan with fully leveled:

VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Ice Breaker
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

PSN is GlamFM

Status