• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridli

How early do noob raid signups get posted? I managed to get to gatekeeper this week with some coworkers but I get the feeling I'd like to try raiding w gaf instead.

Deku Tree

Bungie really needs to remove the weekly limit on raids. Considering how vital raid gear is they need to let players run it as many times as they need to.

Not only that, but the raid is actually really damn fun too. The most fun part of the game shouldn't be locked down to once a week.

You can run the raid as many times as you want per week but yup you only get loot once per alt per difficulty setting. If you create three alts of your favorite class that gives you lots of chances for raid armor for that class each week. I am actually ok with the weekly limit. It allows people with less time to play a chance to compete with those who play all the time.

You can do the raid as many times as you wish per week as long as you don't care all out the loot.

Fixed1979

One last spot and I'll send out invites...Normal Raid PSN...

1. Fixed
2. kitaj84
3. Hung Wei Lo
4. JTran2003
5. a_javierp

Hiko

Banned
You can run the raid as many times as you want per week but yup you only get loot once per alt per difficulty setting. If you create three alts of your favorite class that gives you lots of chances for raid armor for that class each week. I am actually ok with the weekly limit. It allows people with less time to play a chance to compete with those who play all the time.

You can do the raid as many times as you wish per week as long as you don't care all out the loot.

Yeah, I forgot you can still run the raid without getting the loot.

Still, half the fun of the raid is opening up those treasure chests.

I'm OK with it in general too. Except from the fact that you are relying on RNG to level up to do harder content like hard mode and The Dark Below. If I'm still 29 after doing the raid every week since it's release when The Dark Below hits, I'm going to be very upset.

blackflag

Anyone running hard? I need gatekeeper and/or Atheon.

I have gatekeeper save. Already beat everything on my other 2 characters. This is my last one.

Deku Tree

I'm OK with it in general too. Except from the fact that you are relying on RNG to level up to do harder content like hard mode and The Dark Below. If I'm still 29 after doing the raid every week since it's release when The Dark Below hits, I'm going to be very upset.

Yeah I was waiting forever for my raid boots. It sucks when RNG is unkind to you. There should be some in game way to correct for RNG's failings on unlucky players.

Destiny dead by December? That's when the DLC drops and new raid starts, silly goose!

I feel like it'll be busy then too, even if only for a few weeks. The regular folks will probably stick around, until the second expansion pack drops, and the same thing happens over and over :p

Yeah I was waiting forever for my raid boots. It sucks when RNG is unkind to you. There should be some in game way to correct for RNG's failings on unlucky players.

Still waiting on both the boots, and chest piece to drop for me, sigh.

I propose a new trophy or challenge that I want no part of. We have the flawless raiders and the crazies that beat it with 3 Guardians. I challenge those that are extreme enough to this:

Defeat the VoG using Vita Remote Play.

All members must be on their Vitas. That would be amazing (maybe impossible).

ha

Gordon

Anybody know of any ways to re-roll mentor missives? I got my 6th one today, and it's Invective and Bad Juju again. I've already run the Invective bounty twice, and I definitely don't need a back-up Bad Juju lol but I don't have Super Good Advice yet, and I saw something about an exotic bounty for a scout rifle, although I don't see it listed anywhere and I've certainly never had the missive for it.

Edit: NVM re: the scout rifle - apparently it's currently unavailable http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/An_Unknown_Patron

Any talk or tips regarding getting weapon and subclass builds ready for The Dark Below?

Since the Hive will be the main enemies for the Strike and Raid, it will be Solar and Arc weapons and subclasses to focus on?

Any talk or tips regarding getting weapon and subclass builds ready for The Dark Below?

Since the Hive will be the main enemies for the Strike and Raid, it will be Solar and Arc weapons and subclasses to focus on?

I think it'll be interesting to see how this pans out. In the Vault of Glass there's only void shields to deal with even though Harpies have arc shields elsewhere. I think Ice Breaker will be a given for most but I'm leveling an arc and solar heavy just to be on the safe side.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How early do noob raid signups get posted? I managed to get to gatekeeper this week with some coworkers but I get the feeling I'd like to try raiding w gaf instead.
If you can make 8:30PM Thursday Eastern, you're in. Let me know and post a PSN!

that's correct, yes. Void will be near useless, but I expect some nasty Knights and Wizards.

Pocket Infinity will be my glory in there.

that's correct, yes. Void will be near useless, but I expect some nasty Knights and Wizards.

Yeah I'm thinking vision of confluence, pocket infinity but not sure what heavy.

SkylineRKR

Heavy? Super Good Advice ofcourse, lol. Seriously though, Ballerhorn and Hezen are Solar. Hezen is Legendary.

Oh yes.

Pocket Infinity, can't wait to roll down 5 shots in succession on those.

and the Mythoclast might be useful as well especially if they rebuff it in time (really, what with their schedule on buffs anyway?).

Done the normal raid today like every sunday, chest piece for warlock, hard light and atheons epilogue... I feel bad for my party not getting much.

I only run the vault once a week so that is a huge load of loot for me.

SkylineRKR

There seems to an uneven amount of amazing exotics and Legendary's that are Solar.

Crota is in for a world of hurt.

We don't know how difficult Crota is going to be. I imagine that its at least as challenging as a first time Vault without certain Vault weapons (so even more difficult without maxed Solar stuff). And there is the level cap, most players won't be 32 right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom