• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I propose a new trophy or challenge that I want no part of. We have the flawless raiders and the crazies that beat it with 3 Guardians. I challenge those that are extreme enough to this:

Defeat the VoG using Vita Remote Play.

All members must be on their Vitas. That would be amazing (maybe impossible).

ha

You sadistic bastard.

Ugh, nothing like soloing the nightfall for the third time with your main, getting boss down to a bar of health, inviting a friend so I can swap to my alt for kill and having us both die because we didn't notice he had his unleveled gear on that put him to 26. So fucking stupid. What a waste of time. Maybe later I will solo it again and get two gaffers in for a free kill. Do you know if you chill way back in the room where you clear out a few dudes before the boss, if it kicks you to orbit like it did with Phogoth if you sat too far back?

Heavy? Super Good Advice ofcourse, lol. Seriously though, Ballerhorn and Hezen are Solar. Hezen is Legendary.

Oh yes.

Pocket Infinity, can't wait to roll down 5 shots in succession on those.

and the Mythoclast might be useful as well especially if they rebuff it in time (really, what with their schedule on buffs anyway?).

Isn't pocket Infinity just 3 now?
At least mine is :(

Namikaze1

I propose a new trophy or challenge that I want no part of. We have the flawless raiders and the crazies that beat it with 3 Guardians. I challenge those that are extreme enough to this:

Defeat the VoG using Vita Remote Play.

All members must be on their Vitas. That would be amazing (maybe impossible).

ha
jack_nicholson_nodding.gif

Make it a flawless Remote Play run and I'm in!

Just realized that I need almost 80 shards to finish leveling my gear for my Titan (FWC and a helm and chest exotic). My drive to continue playing this game is quickly falling. :(

Further thought: is it better to just not spend any shards and go for VoG gear? The thought of doing that all over again seems sickening.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Isn't pocket Infinity just 3 now?
At least mine is :(
The pocket infinity effect still puts shots right into the magazine, I've even gotten up to a 7 blast from it.

The extended battery was always a red herring IMO. It's sooo much better a weapon with perfect balance. Then you build for reload speed one way or another and it becomes balls-out incredible.

SkylineRKR

Damn I love Truth in PvP. I put Corrective measure down for it. Hell, I even don't mind Bastion and First Light being on next, because I know Truth is going to do some funky stuff there.

I still think it needs a PvE buff, it needs a cluster of some sort to make it deal damage worthy of an Exotic. But other than that, its lock-on is unmatched. Dunno if I am going to upgrade it beyond that though, I really wonder how a fully upgraded Truth is dealing with Level 30 Axis enemies in the Vault.

Pocket Infinity is a great weapon. It shreds anything Solar. The charge is slow, but after that its fireworks. The extended mag was overrated. It burned ammo and I think subsequent hits have a damage penalty. Speed reload is sort of useless though, its reload is already very fast imo.

X-Frame

Finally, I grabbed a Pike on Venus and brought it to the Vault of Glass opening and a team just spawned.

I drove around and helped them out, and it only take a few seconds to completely destroy a Praetorian on a Pike, haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pocket Infinity is a great weapon. It shreds anything Solar. The charge is slow, but after that its fireworks. The extended mag was overrated. It burned ammo and I think subsequent hits have a damage penalty. Speed reload is sort of useless though, its reload is already very fast imo.
It's fast, but it's still the gun's true weakness because it leaves you vulnerable reloading after every "shot". but you can build to counter it...

Steroyd

Ran out of both ass shards AND energy, so I'm mot levelling anything to max until Tuesday. :|

Got a legenfary Engram turn into a MIDA multitool, is it good when taking Vision of Confluence out of the equation?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ran out of both ass shards AND energy, so I'm mot levelling anything to max until Tuesday. :|

Got a legenfary Engram turn into a MIDA multitool, is it good when taking Vision of Confluence out of the equation?
I have spent very little time with it, but while it could probably use a buff, I kind of also think it's underrated. Could just be me, but I feel like a lot of whether you find it good or bad comes down to the scope, which is pretty unusual. I like it, but if you don't, it's probably worthless to you.

X-Frame

I'm posting way too much, but just want to say that I finally hit Level 29 with my Titan, and I'd be willing to try a Hard Raid for the first time. Have done Normal about a dozen times.

Weapons w/ 300 Attack:

Atheon's Epilogue
Praedyth's Revenge
Lord High Fixer
Icebreaker
SUROS Regime
Truth
The Swarm (Void)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh, nothing like soloing the nightfall for the third time with your main, getting boss down to a bar of health, inviting a friend so I can swap to my alt for kill and having us both die because we didn't notice he had his unleveled gear on that put him to 26. So fucking stupid. What a waste of time. Maybe later I will solo it again and get two gaffers in for a free kill. Do you know if you chill way back in the room where you clear out a few dudes before the boss, if it kicks you to orbit like it did with Phogoth if you sat too far back?

If you hang out in the hallway/connecting room it will spawn enemies on top of you. If you hang out directly behind the large box/container that is there right at the opening you are almost 100% safe. Enemies will not come around it to get at you, boss's rockets can not hit you because their trajectory hits the wall above him when he shoots them. You still have to clear enemies out as they pile up. They will start gathering around on the other side of that box near the ramp that goes to the second level but other than that it's my favorite spot for that battle.

Cømet

Banned
Hey folks! Looking for four for a clan/flawless raid in a short while! Must join Raid gaf (GAFR) for the duration of the raid at least. Apply within!

1. ScrewAttack_
2. gleggers_rc

hetchi

Cømet;138063979 said:
Hey folks! Looking for four for a clan/flawless raid in a short while! Must join Raid gaf (GAFR) for the duration of the raid at least. Apply within!

1. ScrewAttack_
2. gleggers_rc

Are you doing the raid on hard?

X-Frame

Cømet;138063979 said:

1. ScrewAttack_
2. gleggers_rc

How do you join that clan?

I'm in Afro's "Raid GAF" clan but I don't think it's active anymore. I see a lot more "GAF Raiders".

patchday

Just realized that I need almost 80 shards to finish leveling my gear for my Titan (FWC and a helm and chest exotic). My drive to continue playing this game is quickly falling. :(

Further thought: is it better to just not spend any shards and go for VoG gear? The thought of doing that all over again seems sickening.

I get so much ascendant materials from raids. I found it easy to hit 29. Now getting to 30.... No comment

I have the oracle checkpoint on my 28 char, VoG Hard mode.

Does anyone want to cheese that part with me and get the 3 chests + rewards?
PS4 PSN: PewPewPewBow

Cømet

Banned
Are you doing the raid on hard?

Normal I'm afraid, buddies want to make a shot at the flawless.

How do you join that clan?

I'm in Afro's "Raid GAF" clan but I don't think it's active anymore. I see a lot more "GAF Raiders".

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Post/370219/77783715

This....should lead you to it. You're looking for Destiny RaidGAF [GAFR] if it doesn't. Request to join, then click again to set clan. There's no request procedure so it's immediate :D This one's run by Gutz who's still pretty active iirc.

Cømet;138063979 said:

1. ScrewAttack_
2. gleggers_rc

Isn't the clan full?

Ugh. I've got my main Titan to 30, Hunter to 29 and my Warlock has been at 15 for a week now. I have no motivation to level him up other than a 3rd chance to be dissappointed with Nightfall and Raid gear every week. I have 2 legendaries and an exotic for my Warlock waiting too, just need legendary boots to get to 29 and I have 86 shards waiting in the vault.

Does playing with a second player or full fireteam help make the leveling process any faster?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh man, just one more tiny bit of Thorn lore overload:

From the Arms & Armament book:
Thought to be one of the infamous "Weapons of Sorrow," Thorn is known only through hearsay and folklore, though a repeated theme appears amongst all of the rumors--its power is to be feared. a curse.

Presumably the Weapons of Sorrow are a set that were infused with Hive magic...
I bet at least this one from the dlc is another:
SzS8ims.png
probably this too:
trxj1mX.png

i must have them all.

Cømet;138066544 said:
You're looking for Destiny RaidGAF [GAFR] if it doesn't. Request to join, then click again to set clan. There's no request procedure so it's immediate :D This one's run by Gutz who's still pretty active iirc.

Went ahead and joined. My current clan isn't very active. Time for a change.

gdt

Where and how do I join RaidGaf. And I'm at the tower moving weapons over to my alt, I'll be fully ready in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom