• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Starting to lose my patience with both Sony and Bungie right now, update kicked us from weekly. I've also had two hardlocks from this 2.0 OS update.
Hardlocks? Uh oh.

My launch PS4 has never hardlocked. If there's one thing I hate, it's hardlocks.

So he randomly selects 3 people the first time and then re-selects them every time after that? I wouldn't be surprised. Bungie doesn't really seem to playtest this game.

well thats doable. if thats the case then this wont be as frustrating as orginally thuoght.

No, it's a straight up exploit via switching skills in the menu, you can revive without activating Radiance or losing your super bar, needs patchin'

Might as well bring up the unlimited grenades using Voidfang Vestments via switching weapons.

Unlimited revives + unlimited grenades = broken Crucible. You can't kill sunbros, just watch in awe and praise the sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's really how it is, then yeah, it's not even harder, lol.

If anything, it would make it easier after the first teleport since the away team wouldn't even need to time their jump back. They can just womp on Aetheon from the safety of the bubble all the way until they're ported.

With the way Bungie is, I can't help but think more things are going to be nerfed. Anyone else?

I think Gjallarhorn (PVE), Icebreaker (PVE), and explosive rounds (PVP) will get nerfed. I can just imagine Bungie seeing that 17 second video of Atheon dying on hard mode to 4 Gjallarhorns and them saying "this exotic is not performing how we intended it to."

I'm also hoping ARs and shotguns get nerfed again, harder than last time.

I think Icebreaker for sure will get a nerf. I see it way too much during PvE for it not to.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So he randomly selects 3 people the first time and then re-selects them every time after that? I wouldn't be surprised. Bungie doesn't really seem to playtest this game.

I'm sure this won't be seen by many because of how fast the thread moves, but I think Dhruv meant that the same people are getting DISCONNECTED. I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

If this IS true then yeah, you could do that. But I think what makes it "harder" is if it was random people each time, there's a small sense of panic and you have to quickly decide who's doing what which causes more room for error. If its the same 3 people every time after the first teleport then they should only have to decide that once and the rest of the fight is smooth sailing as usual.

Totally agree. I hope it's completely random. I'm fine with going inside the portal. Don't have much experience with the relic but can handle any other part (and wouldn't mind getting a little more used to using the relic).

We on for some nightfall tonight? I need to run it twice and also the weekly heroic twice. Don't need to do all of that tonight, obviously (but I could).

k1t4j

Got the last word from the raid and shards.

Now I have all the weapons I wanted, Monte Carlo, Hawkmoon, Last word.

Hawkmoon has better stats but Last Word has sweet sweet firing animations, and when you switch to it it does this awesome spin on your hand.

What's this sunbro glitch?

I may need to Ummm investigate.....

Short version.

If you swap your super's second ability perk when you are at your death screen, you can rez but not consume your super bar. You also won't actually activate your super.

After you rez, you change it back, so you can die and rez again with no super consumption.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So basically you just wipe until he selects the three people you want to have inside the portal(s)?

Or people could just pick up the relic and kill the bad guys. It's really not that hard to use the relic... why do people fear it so much.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Freaky!
KIEpMLE.jpg

If anything, it would make it easier after the first teleport since the away team wouldn't even need to time their jump back. They can just womp on Aetheon from the safety of the bubble all the way until they're ported.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd love this! lol I hate having to watch the clock as i fire away or hold the shield bubble/use my shield super... inevitably someone misses the count and gets damaged/killed at least once a boss fight.

I think Icebreaker for sure will get a nerf. I see it way too much during PvE for it not to.

I don't think IB will get nerfed. It's an exotic for a reason and should have an exotic perk. Listening to Bungie's prior comments, it seems like they want to make exotics (thorn, for example) more exotic.

I know they nerfed the Mythoclast but I think there was real reason to do it there. They of course went overboard with it and now have to re-buff it in the future (I hope).

Or people could just pick up the relic and kill the bad guys. It's really not that hard to use the relic... why do people fear it so much.

i think the problem is that people expect the relic guy to kill the adds. you can, but everyone should be throwing bullets their way until the first oracle spawns, and only one person needs to worry about that.

For fuck's sake. Some randoms Flatulator and I picked up on LFG kept messing up on the Oracles with Atheon, then one of them ragequits and now there's no one only to help us finish him off. I'm fucking done with raiding with randoms.

nowai

Hmm, ya that wouldn't be so bad then. If you happen to get 3 people who just refuse to learn that part, just wipe and start over.

If you have people that refuse to learn that part, you don't raid with them.

If someone can't be bothered to learn raid mechanics, then the have no place on the fireteam.

I hear you. I don't have a ton of experience inside the portal or with the relic but I certainly don't fear it. I was just kicking around ideas on how people would "cheese" the teleportation mechanic.

Sigh. Really bummed about the "random teleports" thing.

It's going to make Pick Up Groups much harder. Everytime we wipe, I know someone's going to bail. Two of my friends went through the raid for the first time this week. Both of them made it to Atheon, but spent 2 hours on him. Even with set roles they couldn't get past him. I shudder to think how bad their experience would be with it being random.

Even for me, who's been through the Raid and the Hard Raid, it's going to make it difficult to find groups that will stick with it. The Confluxes is an area that can't be cheesed and after 1 or 2 wipes, people bail. Then you gotta sit around and try to find more people on LFG. It sucks.

The PvP team listened to all of the Iron Banner feedback and look how great that mode is going to be. The Raid team I think had their pride hurt and are ignoring players to satisfy their own "hardest challenge in the game."

There are other ways of making things challenging without making them random!

Playing through hardmode, it seems an easy strategy is to have the defender titan put up a shield for weapons of light in the center and when the clock ticks to 3 seconds, put up another shield and nobody needs to jump off since it's a random teleport.

Kinda makes it easier in a way. Other than that, as long as everyone else knows how to use to relic and defend the supplicants, the titan defender shield should eliminate most of the deaths seen when jumping or when atheon hits people.

Sigh. Really bummed about the "random teleports" thing.

It's going to make Pick Up Groups much harder. Everytime we wipe, I know someone's going to bail. Two of my friends went through the raid for the first time this week. Both of them made it to Atheon, but spent 2 hours on him. Even with set roles they couldn't get past him. I shudder to think how bad their experience would be with it being random.

Even for me, who's been through the Raid and the Hard Raid, it's going to make it difficult to find groups that will stick with it. The Confluxes is an area that can't be cheesed and after 1 or 2 wipes, people bail. Then you gotta sit around and try to find more people on LFG. It sucks.

The PvP team listened to all of the Iron Banner feedback and look how great that mode is going to be. The Raid team I think had their pride hurt and are ignoring players to satisfy their own "hardest challenge in the game."

There are other ways of making things challenging without making them random!

Iron Banner won't mean squat when you have sunbros with unlimited revives + grenades.

I don't think IB will get nerfed. It's an exotic for a reason and should have an exotic perk. Listening to Bungie's prior comments, it seems like they want to make exotics (thorn, for example) more exotic.

I know they nerfed the Mythoclast but I think there was real reason to do it there. They of course went overboard with it and now have to re-buff it in the future (I hope).

True. Just looking at their logic, the one gun I see pulled out extremely consistently during PvE is Icebreaker, and I think they'd be against that. That said, they might only real care about that when we're talking about PvP in which case I can see them leaving it alone.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
i think the problem is that people expect the relic guy to kill the adds. you can, but everyone should be throwing bullets their way until the first oracle spawns, and only one person needs to worry about that.

On normal, the relic guy should be able to kill the mobs by himself (I still shoot a rocket or two myself). On hard, the guys inside have to help with some rockets.

realcZk

BREAKING NEWS

THIS JUST IN

When gear swapping from the vault I've heard that it doesnt show the ( + ) upgrade sign anymore. Can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom