• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

he meant the mythoclast, sending void in their direction

Oooh, 77 Wizard and Truth are so ready for this Nightfall.

Looks at Hawkian..

What do you think, amigo?

Praedyth's Revenge - Void 288
Invisible Hand (shotgun) Void - 248 (might be good for Minotaurs?)
Prestige 4 (heavy MG) Void - 267

As an aside, let's hope PSN is kind to us. I'll likely have to download and install the 2.0 update. Did you do it already?

My body is ready

If you have people that refuse to learn that part, you don't raid with them.

If someone can't be bothered to learn raid mechanics, then the have no place on the fireteam.

Exactly. I've got two 27's with me right now and I was almost ready to strangle one of them.

Somehow, they kept missing one freaking oracle. Always the same one. Rage inducing, I tell you.

For fuck's sake. Some randoms Flatulator and I picked up on LFG kept messing up on the Oracles with Atheon, then one of them ragequits and now there's no one only to help us finish him off. I'm fucking done with raiding with randoms.

I only did it once. It was an exhausting experience.

Bizazedo

For fuck's sake. Some randoms Flatulator and I picked up on LFG kept messing up on the Oracles with Atheon, then one of them ragequits and now there's no one only to help us finish him off. I'm fucking done with raiding with randoms.

What are you talking about, matchmaking for raids is an amazing idea that should be implemented.

Freaky!
KIEpMLE.jpg

Woah. That must be what's causing all those disconnects.

Playing through hardmode, it seems an easy strategy is to have the defender titan put up a shield for weapons of light in the center and when the clock ticks to 3 seconds, put up another shield and nobody needs to jump off since it's a random teleport.

Kinda makes it easier in a way. Other than that, as long as everyone else knows how to use to relic and defend the supplicants, the titan defender shield should eliminate most of the deaths seen when jumping or when atheon hits people.

I can see this method being the new top way to deal with Atheon. Of course, one good thing to do is kill him in once cycle with rockets. People will ALWAYS find the best way of completing these encounters. Bungie just needs to accept it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I, for one, am totally shocked that a game has connection errors right after implementing a new patch. SHOCKED.

Bizazedo

I can see this method being the new top way to deal with Atheon. Of course, one good thing to do is kill him in once cycle with rockets. People will ALWAYS find the best way of completing these encounters. Bungie just needs to accept it.

Sure, but right now it's like the players are the Harlem Globetrotters and Bungie are the...the...Generals? I dunno.

The point is I'd at least like it to be competitive.

I only did it once. It was an exhausting experience.

What are you talking about, matchmaking for raids is an amazing idea that should be implemented.

I've never had any issues, really. Most guys know how to hold their own. But then I had one guy who just flat-out refused to do the jumping puzzle "because I suck at it and I don't like it", then one guy who keeps failing to understand the people at the back get teleported and shoots at the Oracles with a fucking hand cannon. Then the level 29 I picked up rage-quit, the others decide they want to cheese Atheon, and then we drop to get the update. :lol

i think the problem is that people expect the relic guy to kill the adds. you can, but everyone should be throwing bullets their way until the first oracle spawns, and only one person needs to worry about that.

Agreed. I hate grabbing the relic because most of the time the two other guys just stand at the top waiting for the Oracles. One guy can handle the first Oracle and a half which means the other guy should be softening up the adds for at least 20 seconds or so. They should then meet the relic holder in the middle, not stand at the top waiting to be cleansed.

It's easier to be one of the top guys and tell the other guy what to do while the Relic guy does his thing.

Hoodbury

Or people could just pick up the relic and kill the bad guys. It's really not that hard to use the relic... why do people fear it so much.

I don't know if it's so much 'fear' as it is 'don't know the controls for it'. I've picked it up a couple times only and never could get a clear response of what the controls are for it. Everyone is shouting different things, L1, R1, hold both for this, do this for that, etc.

So if I could get a clear answer on what the real controls are then I'd be fine I guess.

The only control I know for it is triangle. lol.

realcZk

Who wants to bet that Atheon can still fall off the map, just not from that ledge-area he spawns on?

I wouldn't doubt it, but the pathing to get him there might be the pain in the ass. There's only so much time you have to do it as well, before the teleport.

Agreed. I hate grabbing the relic because most of the time the two other guys just stand at the top waiting for the Oracles. One guy can handle the first Oracle and a half which means the other guy should be softening up the adds for at least 20 seconds or so. They should then meet the relic holder in the middle, not stand at the top waiting to be cleansed.

It's easier to be one of the top guys and tell the other guy what to do while the Relic guy does his thing.

yup i'd usually walk down the stairs and help the relic guy kill adds. by then, the guy (or gal) at the top of the stairs took care of the first oracle and is walking down shooting the second and third with me.

The real problem with the Raid is that the rewards are so hit or miss. Ascendant materials are too common. Some chest ONLY give materials. Shouldn't that be enough? When you beat Atheon, you should get something of value.

Hylebos posted this on Bungie.net: http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/75520847/0/0/1

"Out of curiosity (I haven't played the Raid yet since the patch), but to what degree do players have forewarning that they are about to be teleported with this newest update?

Speaking from experience from when the Timestream "glitched" and teammates who weren't on the back wall ended up being teleported out of the blue, it can be very disruptive to the flow of the fight when you have about three seconds to figure out who got teleported, who should do what role, and execute that plan accordingly before it becomes too late to handle the threats inside of the Portal in a timely fashion. The Raid is supposed to promote team communication, but I'm not certain it's supposed to promote improvisational communication of the frantic and surprised sort.

If you want to teleport players randomly so that the fight is more difficult as everyone needs to be able to do every role, that's well and good. However, I would much appreciate it if there was any way that you could give players forewarning that they have been marked to be teleported well in advance of the actual teleport event.

If Atheon marked three people on your team for teleportation twenty seconds prior to the actual teleportation event (Be it through an on-screen buff or a tickertape "Atheon has selected Player X for teleportation" message in the lower left), it would give us the time we need to coordinate and plan so that as soon as we go through the portal we can execute the plan as a team rather than individuals taking charge and trying to improvise a plan to victory.

There's naturally a few problems with that implementation that would be tricky to program, but I feel that there is nothing wrong with extra conveyance in otherwise impossible to predict situations like this. Thank you for collecting community feedback on this change, I look forward to more discussions like this in the future."

Dawg

I've never had any issues, really. Most guys know how to hold their own. But then I had one guy who just flat-out refused to do the jumping puzzle "because I suck at it and I don't like it", then one guy who keeps failing to understand the people at the back get teleported and shoots at the Oracles with a fucking hand cannon. Then the level 29 I picked up rage-quit, the others decide they want to cheese Atheon, and then we drop to get the update. :lol

please take me with you one day

i promise i'll be nice

Zephyl

Just ended up soloing nightfall on my Hunter, got the Monte Carlo its cool looking but I probably won't use it when I have Suros and Hard Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom