• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else starting to think the RNG is effected by your grimoire score?

The reason I ask is because I've received from the raid:

6 (that's SIX) Vision of Confluence
2 Aetheon's Epilogue
1 Vex Mythoclast
4 Praedyth's Revenge
2 Hezen Vengeance
1 raid fusion rifle
2 raid machine guns
3 raid shotguns (forget the names on the FR, LMG, and shotty from raid)
2x chest (warlock)
3x arms (warlock)
2x feet (warlock)
1x head (warlock)
1x chest and arms (titan)
1x chest, arms (hunter)

Meanwhile some of the guys I regularly raid with that have a lower grimoire score haven't even gotten a third of what I have.

I'm really starting to wonder if RNG is the only thing going on here. I get at least 1 or 2 loot drops, even if it's just weapons I already have, every time I do the raid.

not positive, but I think rolled rewards like that have a randomly rolled element?
Alright.... well I suppose that's good and bad.
I got a void Epitath from a Vanguard care package after hitting a new rep level. So void snipers are possible, and very useful for minotaurs.
Like Hawkian's comment, I suppose that's good and bad, and it supports his comment. Nice to know it's at least possible though.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Playing Tiger Vanguard playlist...WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT....

Fqq7F.gif

Get thrown in right at the Boss Fight with him only having a sliver of health left.
Happened to me yestewrday. Only good way to be involved in that Strike... >.>

Frenden

Banned
I got a void Epitath from a Vanguard care package after hitting a new rep level. So void snipers are possible, and very useful for minotaurs.

I got a void New Monarchy sniper that I love.

* Enemies explode on critical
* Speed reload when empty
* High RoF with good impact and a huge stability perk

It's the best non-Icebreaker sniper I've used and straight up vaporizes minotaurs.

Ridli

Alright.... well I suppose that's good and bad.

Like Hawkian's comment, I suppose that's good and bad, and it supports his comment. Nice to know it's at least possible though.

[lies]Oh oh oh! Crucible quartermaster sells Final Boss as void. It requires pvp, but less RNG. This is according to the vendor lists in the Destiny companion app.[/lies]

Edit: NOPE. I decided to check the other vendors in the companion app and it shows all of them as void, so I think I just lied. Sorry.

Ganhyun

2 Aetheon's Epilogue
1 Vex Mythoclast
4 Praedyth's Revenge
2 Hezen Vengeance
1 raid fusion rifle
2 raid machine guns
2x chest (warlock)
3x arms (warlock)
2x feet (warlock)
1x head (warlock)
1x chest, arms (hunter)

Meanwhile some of the guys I regularly raid with that have a lower grimoire score haven't even gotten a third of what I have.

I'm really starting to wonder if RNG is the only thing going on here. I get at least 1 or 2 loot drops, even if it's just weapons I already have, every time I do the raid.

Im at 1990 and Ive only gotten 1 piece of raid armor. 3 shotguns, 2 epilogues, 1 sniper, 1 speeder, several shards, and chatterwhite 3 times. Usually I only get shards.

Easy and painless normal Raid Dr.Drizzay/Boguester. Hope can get together on hard too. Ggs

GG all around. I still need GKeeper and Atheon hard drops on my 29 W and 29 H so let me know.

Calling all flawless raiders, wee-oooo, wee-oooo. Especially cyborg/Millenia if you are still getting on tonight. We've got me, Matt, and Afro ready to go right now. Trying to pull a few more in now and get a few good attempts in real quick.

So, are people still getting the monkey error? How is the general stability of the game and psn?

Join our party chat if you want to get down on flawless attempts. Servers have been stable so far. I finished a full normal raid earlier with 0 disconnections.

I think it's either 2100 or 2200. Can't look it up on B.net at work.
Iv got 2250 grimorie.
Just did the normal run. Full of ass shards/energy, got the raid cape again and the scout rifle(first time). I don't think it really matters to be honest.

Mostly get ass stuff in the raids normal or hard. Sometimes armor. Weapons seem to be rare for me.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Iv got 2250 grimorie.
Just did the normal run. Full of ass shards/energy, got the raid cape again and the scout rifle(first time). I don't think it really matters to be honest.

Mostly get ass stuff in the raids normal or hard. Sometimes armor. Weapons seem to be rare for me.
Me too, only received the Mythoclast and the Sniper so far.

anddo0

Another raid with all shards/energy.

GTA, Dragon Age and Far Cry can't come soon enough.
It was fun while it lasted, but it's time for a divorce.

Another raid with all shards/energy.

GTA, Dragon Age and Far Cry can't come soon enough.
It was fun while it lasted, but it's time for a divorce.

I'll be doing the same if Xur doesn't show up with the goods come Friday. I wish we could trade so I can give my 7 legendaries and 4 exotics (maxed at 300) to other GAFfers.

Deku Tree

Wtf new Atheon hard bugs. Atheon teleported me to Mars on the two relics part of the fight. Empty area. Marked. No choice but immediate wipe.

Eric WK

2 Aetheon's Epilogue
1 Vex Mythoclast
4 Praedyth's Revenge
2 Hezen Vengeance
1 raid fusion rifle
2 raid machine guns
2x chest (warlock)
3x arms (warlock)
2x feet (warlock)
1x head (warlock)
1x chest, arms (hunter)

I'm at 2145 and I haven't received a piece of raid gear in six weeks. I got boots my first run, nothing since. Last three weeks that's included a second Hunter run.

I've only seen Vision of Confluence and Praedyth's Revenge (both multiple times). One Timebreaker, no ships. The rest has been shards, energy and Chatterwhite.

CornDogg

Got a second pair of raid gloves and Hard Light from the Normal Raid. Is Hard Light any good? Stats kinda remind me of Dr Nope, so my initial thought as to the answer to that question is, similarly, "Nope".

I already have a Suros and a maxed out VoC, so I'm thinking this will just end up in the vault.

MildSoss

Man, the RNG in this game is so fucked. After almost two months of doing the raid and no raid armor i finally get not one but two raid pieces to drop for me in a single run.

Thank you RNGesus for finally giving me your blessing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom