• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're trying to run a normal raid right now and need people.

PSN: NEONBEAR

add me if you wanna join, i'll edit this when the slots are filled up

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Speaking of the Vision, why does it stop firing in full auto sometimes even when you're holding down the trigger?

Not a glitch. Every time it's happened to me it's because I didn't have the trigger fully pressed. Remember, the design of the rifle is such that you can still fire single precise shots in rapid succession, so the trigger is more sensetive and dictates fire modes -- whereas pressing the trigger in only % 80 on for instance an auto-rifle isn't going to make any difference since it's designed to fire at basically one tempo.

Is anyone else starting to think the RNG is effected by your grimoire score?

The reason I ask is because I've received from the raid:

6 (that's SIX) Vision of Confluence
2 Aetheon's Epilogue
1 Vex Mythoclast
4 Praedyth's Revenge
2 Hezen Vengeance
1 raid fusion rifle
2 raid machine guns
3 raid shotguns (forget the names on the FR, LMG, and shotty from raid)
2x chest (warlock)
3x arms (warlock)
2x feet (warlock)
1x head (warlock)
1x chest and arms (titan)
1x chest, arms (hunter)

Meanwhile some of the guys I regularly raid with that have a lower grimoire score haven't even gotten a third of what I have.

I'm really starting to wonder if RNG is the only thing going on here. I get at least 1 or 2 loot drops, even if it's just weapons I already have, every time I do the raid.

I have 2220+ grim. I don't have any more than 2 pieces of raid gear per character. One character I don't have any raid gear (only ran through twice with that one.) I have 4 Praedyth's, 3 Hezen Vengence. I think its just some things pop up more often.

Dante316

All the raid weapons are the best and top tier and useful.
Voc for pvp and pve, solar dmg primary
fatebringer pvp and pve, arc dmg primary, hard drop at templar
atheons epilogue for pve , void dmg primary
hezen revenge pvp and pve, solar
PR for pvp and pve, void
correctivr measure pvp and pvr, void
Found Verdict pvp, arc

Ty johan liebert, (monster is a really good anime, must watch)Praedyths Timepiece, Arc Pulse Rifle.

Ty ethomaz, the vex mythoclast , fusion primary solar dmg, hard raid drop at atheon

Quoting myself so people can know the awesoness of the raid weapons.

Really disappointed that all 4 Jackolytes didn't work.

Sorry, Bungie, but I'm not going to make a new character to share shit with just to get it to work.

Not a glitch. Every time it's happened to me it's because I didn't have the trigger fully pressed. Remember, the design of the rifle is such that you can still fire single precise shots in rapid succession, so the trigger is more sensetive and dictates fire modes -- whereas pressing the trigger in only % 80 on for instance an auto-rifle isn't going to make any difference since it's designed to fire at basically one tempo.

I see, so it isn't the case with the fires on a hair trigger perk which some other scout rifles have I think? Ok, I'll just press it harder next time in PVP XD

Iv got 2250 grimorie.
Just did the normal run. Full of ass shards/energy, got the raid cape again and the scout rifle(first time). I don't think it really matters to be honest.

Mostly get ass stuff in the raids normal or hard. Sometimes armor. Weapons seem to be rare for me.

VoC is fucking amazing.

Got Ice Breaker from the raid making it my first exotic. I had one equipped though

Outside of that a whole lot of ass

and no one could hear me ;_;

We could hear you after Oracles. Ice Breaker was bullshit though. Of course I got Chatterwhite and I was carrying TWO of them.

Thanks that was the smoothest normal raid for me even with random teleports. I was sandboxgod btw

My haul:
1 chest (already had, but this one has different stats, yay! Had too much discipline)
11 ascendant energies
5 asshards

Great run! We'll have to do it again next week.

Also, great nightfall. Couldn't have done it without you!

A_Gorilla

Banned
Level 29 Sunsinger here looking to start a hard Raid. Want to beat it as fast as possible (getting late here) so experienced raiders only please.

PSN: El_Bombastico

patchday

Found Verdict is the best shotgun in the game IMO. Did you already have it or were you expecting something else?

Anyone know if Found verdict is just as good or better than Invective? I want to drop this grindy Invective exotic quest if so. Like Invective, the Found Verdict has auto fire and its legendary. meaning it should be much easier to max out

Milennia

looking to get with a flawless group if anyone was running that or hard raid at gatekeepers

psn cyborg1 30 lock

about 10 hard runs under the belt

Gordon

Anyone know if Found verdict is just as good or better than Invective? I want to drop this grindy Invective exotic quest if so. Like Invective, the Found Verdict has auto fire and its legendary. meaning it should be much easier to max out
I found the Invective quest to be the shortest. Really, five low level strikes, go +25 in the Crucible, and run a weekly. Oh and make it rain special ammo. All told not that much. At least you don't have to disassemble fusion rifles lol

patchday

looking to get with a flawless group if anyone was running that or hard raid at gatekeepers

psn cyborg1 30 lock

about 10 hard runs under the belt

played on hard with you once the other day (psn sandboxgod). Good luck getting some more guns out of the raid yo. May that vex fall into your lap

How is the red death pulse rifle? Got one today and it seems the heal could be cool. It looks awesome for sure.

Given it's a pulse rifle, it probably doesn't perform as well as you'd think it would. It's been sold by Xur a few times and I don't think I've ever seen someone use it.
I found the Invective quest to be the shortest. Really, five low level strikes, go +25 in the Crucible, and run a weekly. Oh and make it rain special ammo. All told not that much. At least you don't have to disassemble fusion rifles lol

Invective and Super Good Advice are the shortest of the bounties in my experience. Really baffling to hear someone call it a grind, especially after coming off from completing the Thorn bounty.

Somehow RNGness has given me the blessing. After my hard raid today, I earned the Hunter Raid helmet, Raid Gloves, Raid Chest, Vex Mythoclast, and Vision of Confluence. Using my alt, I manage to get the Hunter Raid boots. In addition, I got another Ice breaker from the nightfall. Thank you RNGness! I can finally hit lvl30 now.

Dante316

I have only 2 items left on my most wanted list.
heart of praxic fire and last word.

I don't have the vex mythoclast but its not on my most wanted to die for list lol.

TTG

Is Plan C any good? It's all I got from today's raid.

If that unique perk actually makes fusion rifles a viable secondary in pvp, sure! My problem with them is switching weapons and waiting for it to charge is too much of a pain and I'm not going to commit to running around with it always out, so Plan C sounds like it has potential.

Irnbru

Fuckkkk. Got the mida, might not be the biggest dps, but the gun feels so good. Might be the best feeling gun in the game

What are they suppose to do? I have 4 as well.

When you use them you get a big Hive-themed Jack-O-Lantern head. A lot of people can't get them to work though. One solution found was using it through an alt-character, but that doesn't help if you want to use it via your primary.

But that and along with the real bugs in the VoG aren't real issues.

CLBridges

Ran the raid on normal (don't think I wanna do hard anymore honestly, fuck Vex Mytho lol), got raid boots again, shards and shader...dammit. Decided to go do a Tiger strike and at the end Plan C exotic fusion rifle drops for me. What the duece Bungie, what. the. duece. lol. Oh well, I still need normal raid for my alt. warlock, so if anyone needs a filler, my PSN is GhostFaceDon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom