• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Alright, cool.

I just have the one sidekick, but I've unlocked others. I thought you could just have one at a time.
I'm not sure if there's a limit but I've had quite a few out. When you put a sidekick to work, they continue to do so as long as there are open plots. Having some with watering cans and some planting will keep crops growing continuously and quickly. All you have to do is remove weeds and pick crop.

Well me and my wife went to best buy to pick up mad max and ended up buying the big box(collector's edition? I dunno) for ps4

I don't care about star wars but my wife does, so this should be interesting lol

mreddie

Thinking of picking this up to play with my daughter. Any strong reason to choose one console over another? (Ps4 and wii u)

If you're new to it, PS4 only has the Saga Bundle which is just early access to some figures and the Original Saga set. Other than that, not really.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So 1.0 play sets don't work on ps4, right? They have a few at my Walmart, but if I can't use them, I won't spend money on them.

PikaED

So 1.0 play sets don't work on ps4, right? They have a few at my Walmart, but if I can't use them, I won't spend money on them.
The Playsets themselves are not in the game, but using a piece in 3.0 instantly unlocks toys connected to the Playsets for the Toy Box.

All characters work in every version.

RetroMG

If you're new to it, PS4 only has the Saga Bundle which is just early access to some figures and the Original Saga set. Other than that, not really.

Oh. I ordered what I thought was an Xbox One Saga Bundle yesterday from Amazon. After reading this post, I went back and now see it was a PS4 Saga Bundle.

Not a huge deal, as I own both consoles, but it does mean I'm going to have to move my PS4 out into the living room for my wife and I to play. And probably buy another controller.

MrMephistoX

Oh. I ordered what I thought was an Xbox One Saga Bundle yesterday from Amazon. After reading this post, I went back and now see it was a PS4 Saga Bundle.

Not a huge deal, as I own both consoles, but it does mean I'm going to have to move my PS4 out into the living room for my wife and I to play. And probably buy another controller.

All the plays sets and figures should work so all you need is the disc or download for Xbox One...you could try to eBay the ps4 disc and offset the $20 cost of the digital Xbox one version as well.

RetroMG

All the plays sets and figures should work so all you need is the disc or download for Xbox One...you could try to eBay the ps4 disc and offset the $20 cost of the digital Xbox one version as well.

Maybe. I'd need a platform, too, since I've never bought the game for Xbox One before. Although I guess I could go grab a copy of 2.0. I think it's on clearance at Walmart.

Cleve

Now that my figure collection is swelling, I'm wondering if anyone has found any good ways to store these things.

RetroMG

Just found out that Gamestop has used Xbox One bases for about five bucks. Going to grab that and buy the digital version.

Now that my figure collection is swelling, I'm wondering if anyone has found any good ways to store these things.

This raises another question I have, (since I'm new to the console side of all this,) do you have to scan the figures any time you want to play as those characters? Because that's going to get really annoying. On the PC version, they're just all there, digitally.

Poona

This game is amazing

How's the Inside Out playset? I've heard mixed things but I really love the movie and want it

Haven't played it, but if I loved the movie I'd be getting the play set just for the figures alone. They're really classy figures. I wish I actually liked the characters, so that I'd have reason to get them.

I find it so strange how some figures can look so great in Disney Infinity and others can look like some Chinese rip off. I think the Monsters Inc figures could have done with more work from 1.0, and the rocket, Gamora, hulk and especially Thor in 2.0 could have had some more work done. Thor looks so derpy and pretty much all of the eyes for him look bad. I've seen some proto figures for him, hulk and Gamora and it's a bummer they couldn't keep the same style to those that went into production.

Anyway, maybe they've learnt their lessons with the factories or something as every 3.0 figure I've seen is very well done so far.

PikaED

Just found out that Gamestop has used Xbox One bases for about five bucks. Going to grab that and buy the digital version.

This raises another question I have, (since I'm new to the console side of all this,) do you have to scan the figures any time you want to play as those characters? Because that's going to get really annoying. On the PC version, they're just all there, digitally.
You need to leave the figure that you want to play as on the base.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How much more advanced is the Toy Box this time around? 2.0 was a pretty nice update, but it was still lacking some controls to give a level any real *umph*.

curb

Banned
I picked up an Ezra and Obi-Wan today at TRU. I really like Ezra's saber combat. It's very unrefined which really reflects the fact that he's super new at this whole Jedi thing.

RoyalFool

Banned
How come everytime I'm in the hub world and pick up some blue glowing things it tells me "you can spend blah blah at the blah blah"? Is there no way to make it record that it's told me 1001 times already what each colour does :(

empyrean

Anyone able to explain what the thunder mountain / splash mountain 'set pieces' are like in toy box? are they ridable or do they just look like the rides?

Christopher

Am I correct in assuming that he exclusives will be available for every retailer after September?

Also I have no idea who those Star Wars guys are that are exclusive so it's Mulan and a Fear for me.

Man I'm dreading going through 1.0 to 2.0 just hope they don't go out of print.

How come everytime I'm in the hub world and pick up some blue glowing things it tells me "you can spend blah blah at the blah blah"? Is there no way to make it record that it's told me 1001 times already what each colour does :(

It's super annoying.

I can't count how many times it told me I could spend my blue orbs on things.

curb

Banned
Am I correct in assuming that he exclusives will be available for every retailer after September?

Also I have no idea who those Star Wars guys are that are exclusive so it's Mulan and a Fear for me.

Man I'm dreading going through 1.0 to 2.0 just hope they don't go out of print.

Yes, the exclusivity is up in September and then they'll be available everywhere.

The Star Wars figures are from the current animated series, Rebels (which is pretty good).

curb

Banned
Curb do you feel I can pretty much get all the 1.0 to 3.0 with no problems?

I honestly don't know. I jumped in at 2.0 and even then it was just the Marvel figures. From what I know there are some 1.0 figures that are harder to get. 2.0 should still be easy though.

Anyone able to explain what the thunder mountain / splash mountain 'set pieces' are like in toy box? are they ridable or do they just look like the rides?
They're like the Matterhorn and Space Mountain ones from 2.0. They just look like the rides with a grind rail going through to act as a track of sorts. They also each play music as you grind the rails.

RobbieNick

Me- "Boy! These Skills trees kinda suck. All I can do is increase my health and revive others faster!"

ONE WEEK LATER Presses R1

"Ooooooohhh!" Smacks forehead.

Boy do I feel dumb.

BTW, can you make your own farm in the Toy Box, or are you stuck with the one at the hub?

styl3s

Is the stock on the store exclusives pretty good? I ordered the Boba Fett set, Obi and Yoda from the best buy site with in store pickup which i am gonna pick up after work tomorrow.

Thinking about stopping by Target/Toys-r-Us/Wal-Mart and gamestop to get the exclusives. I assume these aren't super limited like amiibo. Also, how well does the game run on newer gen consoles? I remember 2.0 had some hitches on ps4.

Violet, Syndrome and Randall from 1.0 can be hard to fins, depending on the country you live.

Add Francesco and The Lone Ranger set to that list.

Is the stock on the store exclusives pretty good? I ordered the Boba Fett set, Obi and Yoda from the best buy site with in store pickup which i am gonna pick up after work tomorrow.

Thinking about stopping by Target/Toys-r-Us/Wal-Mart and gamestop to get the exclusives. I assume these aren't super limited like amiibo. Also, how well does the game run on newer gen consoles? I remember 2.0 had some hitches on ps4.

Every store seemed to be full of their exclusive with the exception of a Wal-Mart I went to that didn't put any of their 3.0 stuff out days after release.

MrMephistoX

Me- "Boy! These Skills trees kinda suck. All I can do is increase my health and revive others faster!"

ONE WEEK LATER Presses R1

"Ooooooohhh!" Smacks forehead.

Boy do I feel dumb.

BTW, can you make your own farm in the Toy Box, or are you stuck with the one at the hub?

That was me the first two days!

On a side note Rise Against the Empire totally got my 3 year old into the OT: she's picking up Luke when he comes on screen, Princess Leia and Vader too.

mreddie

Okay, the character wheel is only for the Inside Out playset I believe, if that's true, the Wheel is getting erased in the OP.

Also, Cars characters aren't allowed in the Takeover for reasons, I guess Cars can't fight?

Arm the old characters with sword based weapons and they will juggle enemies in the air, it's a nice change for old characters.

Hub has secrets like parades and the YETAY!

Any sales next week on DISNEY infinity figures we should keep each other up to date on here :p

Target's doing 30% off figures. For some reason the $25 off $100 works on all 3.0 figures (I used it with the 2 for $20).

I managed to get Sabine, Obi Wan, Yoda, Quorra, Sam Flynn, Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, Sadness, Disgust for $75 total.

styl3s

Add Francesco and The Lone Ranger set to that list.

Every store seemed to be full of their exclusive with the exception of a Wal-Mart I went to that didn't put any of their 3.0 stuff out days after release.
Arlight ill be sure to check the wal-mart near my work in the morning that way ill know if i need to go across town later.

I see Toys-r-us is doing B1G1 50% i might snag Yoda/Obi there along with their exclusive to save me a few bucks. According to in-store check only BB here has the boba fett playset which i want. I think it comes with Leia, Luke, Anakin, Fett and that girl from clone wars? and also 2 play sets which i don't know if i need the extra play set disc bundle thing that they are selling or if all that is included in this.

Christopher

Target's doing 30% off figures. For some reason the $25 off $100 works on all 3.0 figures (I used it with the 2 for $20).

I managed to get Sabine, Obi Wan, Yoda, Quorra, Sam Flynn, Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, Sadness, Disgust for $75 total.

Excellent can you send me the coupon you used!

Top Bottom